PDA

View Full Version : My LeafGreen Team.

ChariMence
19th April 2007, 8:31 PM
OK, this is my LeafGreen team. Please help me make it better.

EDIT: I only want advise on movesets and items, NOT THE NATURES! Thank you :)

Pikachu@Light Ball
Rash Nature
-Thunderbolt
-Slam (I want to replace this move, help me here =])
-Volt Tackle
-Thunder

Dragonite@Leftovers
Lonely Nature
-Thunderbolt
-Surf
-Outrage
-Ice Beam

Charizard@Leftovers
Lonely Nature
-Flamethrower
-Earthquake
-Dragon Claw
-Heat Wave

Alakazam@Twisted Spoon
Lonely Nature
-Shadow Ball
-Recover
-Calm Mind
-Psychic

Tyranitar@Black Glasses (??)
Relaxed Nature
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Ice Beam
-Crunch

Pidgeot@Amulet Coin (??)
Adamant Nature
-Fly
-Protect
-Aerial Ace
-Return

I know I got an Ice weakness.. and I was thinking of replacing Tyranitar with maybe a Salamence.. so is this a good team?

Pika Egg
19th April 2007, 9:57 PM
Pikachu - Thunderwave over Slam, Substitute over Thunder. If it has a good Hidden power Ice/Grass/Water, then maybe use that over Thunderbolt or Volt Tackle...or keep both..meh

Dragonite - Substitute + Focus Punch over Surf and Outrage

Charizard - Swords Dance over Dragon Claw, Rock Slide/Aerial Ace over Heatwave..or keep everything as is and give it some Special-based filler/Sunny Day? over Heatwave for a special sweeper of sorts.. the Swords Dance based set is better though

Alakazam - Fire Punch over Shadow Ball if you have Emerald/will rebreed. One of the other elemental punches is an option over Recover. Otherwise...um...Special-based Hidden power or Shockwave? (blah) over Shadowball...

Tyranitar - rebreeding for Dragon Dance over Crunch or Ice Beam would be best.. otherwise Aerial Ace over Crunch or Ice Beam and give it a Choice Band if available..

Pidgeot - Quick Attack and Steel Wing for the 1st two moves.. Give it a Choice Band as well.

@ Leftovers to all except Pika and the CB'ers

Also LOL @ saying you have an Ice weakness and then asking whether you should replace one of your Ice counters with another 4x Ice weakness.. What you really have is a Rock weakness (3 are weak to Rock and 2 have poor Defense..really only T-tar will survive more than a Rock Slide or two..). You might want to consider a Metagross to help both the Ice and the Rock issues... you also have 2 EQ weaknesses (and 1 other low Def.) and you have 3 EQ immunities as is..Metagross may change that, so keep that in mind..

o0kv9
20th April 2007, 1:37 PM
replace charizards heat wave with blast burn

Scepgatr
20th April 2007, 2:50 PM

Blast Burn is one of the weakest Fire moves out there.
Its takes two turns and only does 150 damage. If you were to use any other fire attack over two consecutive turns, you will be able to deal more damage:

Fire Blast: 120 + 120 = 240
Overheat: 140 + 70 = 210
Heat Wave: 100 + 100 = 200
Flamethrower: 90 + 90 = 180
Blast Burn: 150 + 0 = 150

These calculations don't include STAB.

crudent
20th April 2007, 2:53 PM

Congratulations! You made it to my sig!

Anyway, the team has major defense problems. Even the Suicune that runs around in Kanto (seeing you chose Charmander) could help with this major problem.

SelfProphet89
20th April 2007, 4:23 PM
OK, this is my LeafGreen team. Please help me make it better.

Pikachu@Light Ball
Rash Nature
-Thunderbolt
-Rain Dance
-Volt Tackle
-Thunder

I really dislike Thunder's accuracy issues.

Dragonite@Leftovers
Lonely Nature
-Thunderbolt
-Surf
-Outrage
-Ice Beam

Charizard@Leftovers
Lonely Nature
-Flamethrower
-Earthquake
-Dragon Claw
-Rock Slide

As much variety as possible should be your goal, and with your Charizard's nature benefiting attack, this would be a more worthy addition.

Alakazam@Twisted Spoon
Lonely Nature
-Shadow Ball
-Recover
-Calm Mind
-Psychic

Tyranitar@Black Glasses (??)
Relaxed Nature
-Substitute
-Earthquake
-Focus Punch
-Crunch

Sub punchers are tons of fun in-game. But this is more of a preference thing. Also, can you post your Tyranitars attack and special attack stats? That would help me determine whether this set is better or the original one.

Pidgeot@Amulet Coin (??)
Adamant Nature
-Whirlwind
-Protect
-Aerial Ace
-Return

I like Whirlwind in-game because it can rotate you through Pokemon so you can deal with them in whatever order plays best into your strategy.

I know I got an Ice weakness.. and I was thinking of replacing Tyranitar with maybe a Salamence.. so is this a good team?

Answer: I'd use Dragonite over Salamence any day of the week, but thats just me. Stick with your Tyranitar though, it was probably a big pain to raise and there's no need to trade it in for a Pokemon which will only be marginally stronger if at all. As for your team, its fine in-game, and actually one of the better compositions you can have.

Rated and question answered.

Pika Egg
20th April 2007, 4:44 PM
Thunderdancing fails...especially on someone like Pika who has no defenses..

T-tar without Rock Slide? Tragic....

Whirlwind isn't so great for storyline play seeing as you can switch pokemon before your opponent sends out a new one..

btw, Salamence is usually considered a bit better than Dragonite (better Speed and Intimidate). The one caution with using T-tar is to be wary of Sandstream damage the rest of your team will take once it's been in play..

SelfProphet89
20th April 2007, 5:20 PM
Thunderdancing fails...especially on someone like Pika who has no defenses..

T-tar without Rock Slide? Tragic....

Whirlwind isn't so great for storyline play seeing as you can switch pokemon before your opponent sends out a new one..

btw, Salamence is usually considered a bit better than Dragonite (better Speed and Intimidate). The one caution with using T-tar is to be wary of Sandstream damage the rest of your team will take once it's been in play..

Using Salamence = Wearing a Stairway to Heaven shirt and growing out your hair. Sure its popular, but only douche bags do it.

Pika/Raichu fails anyway, whats your point? It doesn't pack enough of a punch to ohko any serious contender with TB, and if Thunder misses you can say bye bye.

T-tar with Ice Beam is even more tragic, and I suppose crunch would be a better selection, seeing as how anything it'd be super effective against won't have a chance in hell against Tyranitar anyway.

As for Whirlwind, agreed.

Pika Egg
20th April 2007, 5:35 PM
...ok..that Salamence comment's a bit out there..but whatever..

Pika and more so Raichu can actually pack a decent punch if played well. A STAB T-bolt coming from an effective base Sp.Att. of 110 (Pika+light ball) isn't something to laugh at.. The point is that it's better to do a decent amount of guaranteed damage on one turn before getting KO'd than it is to possibly do a bit more damage on the same turn before getting KO'd. If you start with Rain Dance, you might even end up getting KO'd by a Swift Swimmer with STAB+Surf..

Ice Beam on T-tar lets it deal with Grass, Dragon, and especially Ground... bulky Ground types can absorb Rock Slides, EQs, Aerial Aces, etc but usually can't handle an Ice Beam. Crunch takes out Ghosts and Psychics, but those will go down to a STAB Rock Slide as well... granted, a STAB Crunch with a base Sp.Att. of 95 will hurt most things that don't resist it..

SelfProphet89
20th April 2007, 5:43 PM
...ok..that Salamence comment's a bit out there..but whatever..

Pika and more so Raichu can actually pack a decent punch if played well. A STAB T-bolt coming from an effective base Sp.Att. of 110 (Pika+light ball) isn't something to laugh at.. The point is that it's better to do a decent amount of guaranteed damage on one turn before getting KO'd than it is to possibly do a bit more damage on the same turn before getting KO'd. If you start with Rain Dance, you might even end up getting KO'd by a Swift Swimmer with STAB+Surf..

Ice Beam on T-tar lets it deal with Grass, Dragon, and especially Ground... bulky Ground types can absorb Rock Slides, EQs, Aerial Aces, etc but usually can't handle an Ice Beam. Crunch takes out Ghosts and Psychics, but those will go down to a STAB Rock Slide as well... granted, a STAB Crunch with a base Sp.Att. of 95 will hurt most things that don't resist it..

Neither one of those will ever be a problem for T-tar. Raichu's problem is the fact that it can't consistantly sweep nor maintain its presence long enough, if it doesn't kill something on the first hit, you can generally kiss it goodbye. That is of course, against a competent opponent.

crudent
20th April 2007, 7:16 PM
^ lol at your Salamence comment. If you're trying to make your presence felt, at least do it in a nicer manner. Don't flame like you have the authority. (Well, at least Willowwhisp has, in this forum.)

Anyway, that team is sub-par, like I mentioned in my previous post, it has absolutely no defense. But the good news is, bad teams work in-game!!! wootiness.

ChariMence
20th April 2007, 9:59 PM
I see.. what the heck is STAB? XD

Pika Egg
21st April 2007, 12:11 AM
Same Type Attack Boost/Bonus
i.e. your attack type matches your pokemon's type and gets the 1.5x power boost

SelfProphet89
21st April 2007, 2:09 AM
^ lol at your Salamence comment. If you're trying to make your presence felt, at least do it in a nicer manner. Don't flame like you have the authority. (Well, at least Willowwhisp has, in this forum.)

Anyway, that team is sub-par, like I mentioned in my previous post, it has absolutely no defense. But the good news is, bad teams work in-game!!! wootiness.

I wasn't intending to flame at all, on the contrary, I was trying to lighten the mood by making a humorous comment.

PS: I -REALLY- hate Salamence, and if the situation comes up where someone wants one rated, I won't even comment. Dragonite isn't much better, but at least it was somewhat original when it was created, the same applies to T-tar.

pyreshade
21st April 2007, 2:39 AM
In my opinion people are to harsh on the elemental hyperbeams. if nothing elce is avalable they make great filler moves and sometimes can help you get a KO in before fainting. but only use them as a last resort if you can find a move that covers more type weaknesses use it.

The Mighty Wurmple
21st April 2007, 3:46 AM
Even so, they are a very situational move that pretty much wastes a slot.

ChariMence
21st April 2007, 4:12 AM
Uh-huh.. why are you guys talking about Elemental Hyper Beams if I don't have one on my team? Or maybe someone mentioned it and I missed that. Let me check..

Oh by the way should I chose to be the female character or the male character in my Diamond version? Even though this question is really off topic.

EDIT: Oh I see where they mentioned Blast Burn now.. =P

pyreshade
21st April 2007, 4:19 AM
i was talking about this.

Vaporeon4evr
21st April 2007, 4:27 AM

Ha. If crudent hadn't beaten me to it, I would have used this quote in my sig. I think I'll use some noob who recommended a charizard with flamethrower, fire blast, blast burn, and heat wave.

The Mighty Wurmple
21st April 2007, 4:27 AM
Oh by the way should I chose to be the female character or the male character in my Diamond version? Even though this question is really off topic.

Yeah, it really is, but seeming you asked, I'll answer.

I'd just choose whichever gender you are.

pyreshade
21st April 2007, 4:32 AM
i agree with wurmple even tho most of the protagonists look like crap

Vaporeon4evr
21st April 2007, 4:33 AM

The male has a funny-looking top hat, though. I chose the girl in Sapphire because I hated Brendan's white hair...they really need to improve the male protagonist's looks.

pyreshade
21st April 2007, 4:41 AM
i think they should just make them costomizeable like in the battle revolution coming out

Vaporeon4evr
21st April 2007, 4:47 AM
i think they should just make them costomizeable like in the battle revolution coming out

I totally agree. I've wanted to do that ever since pokemon came out. The only reasonably cool protagonist was the male in FRLG.

ChariMence
21st April 2007, 4:47 AM

Lol, yeah. But I'm getting tired of seeing a red hat.. kind of redundant.
By the way, I'm a guy, if you didn't figure that out yet. After I registered, I saw my name, and it sounded kinda girl-ish. =\

Vaporeon4evr
21st April 2007, 4:49 AM
Lol, yeah. But I'm getting tired of seeing a red hat.. kind of redundant.
By the way, I'm a guy, if you didn't figure that out yet. After I registered, I saw my name, and it sounded kinda girl-ish. =\

I know. It's a fusion of charizard and salamence. Like Venustoise. But it's very masculine (at least it's not Bellissey: Bellossom and Blissey).

Sceptile Owns All
21st April 2007, 4:56 AM
This thread has gotten completely off topic, so I'll bring it back on.

Pikachu @Leftovers
Hasty Nature
-Thunderbolt
-Focus Punch
-Substitute
-Thunder Wave/Wish

Dragonite @Leftovers
Adamant Nature
-Dragon Dance
-Earthquake
-Aerial Ace/Rock Slide
-Flamethrower/Thunderbolt

Charizard @Leftovers
Adamant Nature
-Earthquake
-Flamethrower
-Aerial Ace/Rock Slide
-Swords Dance

Alakazam @Leftovers
Modest/Timid Nature
-Psychic
-Recover
-Calm Mind
-Thunder/Fire/Ice Punch

Tyranitar @Leftovers
Adamant Nature
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Substitute/Focus Punch
-Dragon Dance

Pidgeot @Leftovers
Adamant/Jolly Nature
-Return
-Aerial Ace
-Featherdance
-Agility

OR

Pidgeot @Choice Band
Adamant/Jolly Nature
-Return
-Aerial Ace
-Steel Wing
-Quick Attack

The Mighty Wurmple
21st April 2007, 4:59 AM
Pikachu without Light Ball fails. Either give it the Light Ball or evolve it.

Thunder>Thunderbolt/Flamethrower on Adamant Dragonite.

Crunch/Ice Beam over Substitute/Focus Punch.

Use Choice Band Pidgeot with an Adamant nature.

ChariMence
21st April 2007, 5:01 AM
OK, I can do nothing about the natures (can I?) and where do I get a Choice Band and what does it do?

Vaporeon4evr
21st April 2007, 5:04 AM
OK, I can do nothing about the natures (can I?) and where do I get a Choice Band and what does it do?

Rebreed for better natures. And you get choice band in the battle frontier for 64 BP's. Choice band greatly increases that power of one attack, but you can only use one attack.

Lol subpunching Pikachu.

The Mighty Wurmple
21st April 2007, 5:04 AM
1) You can breed for better natures.

2) You can only get it in R/S/E.

3) It multiplies the power of a physical attack by 1.5, but you can only use that attack until you faint or switch out.

Edit: Beaten.

ChariMence
21st April 2007, 5:17 AM
I don't care about Natures! I train them whether they are lonely, shy, or STUPID! >.<

(sorry if it sounded like I was yelling, but I don't really care about natures.. at all) =P

Vaporeon4evr
21st April 2007, 5:19 AM
I don't care about Natures! I train them whether they are lonely, shy, or STUPID! >.<

(sorry if it sounded like I was yelling, but I don't really care about natures.. at all) =P

That's a shame: they give 10% bonuses to a certain stat. Say your Salamence has 400 attack and has a neutral nature. With adamant he would have 440 attack.

Actually, I'm going to make this post my sig, cuz it humored me so.

The Mighty Wurmple
21st April 2007, 5:19 AM
You asked if you could do anything about them
We answered.
You yell at us.

How does that work?

Edit: Beaten once again.

ChariMence
21st April 2007, 5:21 AM
I said I was sorry. And I hadn't thought about breeding, as I almost never check the nature when I breed.
Again, I am sorry =[

pyreshade
21st April 2007, 5:26 AM
i dont blame him retraining can be a pain i try to avoid it too and not care about natures (exept in starters)

ChariMence
21st April 2007, 5:38 AM
Yeah and I didn't stop reading my very interesting book every night to train my Pokemon just so I have to re-train them! XD

crudent
21st April 2007, 5:40 AM
I'll say this once and for all:

In RMT, you listen to our rates. No shouting.

You know what, just keep the Natures. At least change the movesets.

P.S. I love how some people can absolutely spam up the thread to talk about the sprites.

ChariMence
21st April 2007, 5:42 AM
Yeah, I wanted advise on the movesets, not the Natures, I guess I should've mentioned that in my first post.. I'll edit it :D

Pika Egg
21st April 2007, 6:44 AM
Well, regardless of what you say you want in the 1st post, you'll get suggestions for natures if you dont have good ones. Your best bet is to rebreed for those natures, but if you don't want to, then (obviously) no one here can make you...

Besides, you can read and train at the same time, can't you? hehe