PDA

View Full Version : New BF Team

Vaporeon4evr
20th April 2007, 12:21 AM
I heard somewhere that the ultimate BF team was CBmence, Special-sweep Starmie, and Curselax, so Iím gonna give it a shot. Make adjustments as needed.

Salamence @ Choice Band
Trait: Intimidate
Adamant (+atk -sp atk)
EVís: 4 hp/ 252 atk/ 252spd
-Earthquake
-Aerial Ace
-Rock Slide
-Fire Blast (to make up for adamantís sp atk deduction)

If PP is an issue on fire blast (which I donít think it is), I can always PP max it.

Starmie @ Shell Bell
Trait: Natural Cure
Modest (+sp atk Ėatk)
EVís: 32 hp/ 252 sp atk/ 224 spd
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Surf
-Recover

Iím not sure if those evís are right. How many does he need to achieve 352 speed with a modest nature? I think thatís the number he needs to outrun Gengar and Tauros. And I heard that psychic isnít much use because the other three attacks take care of all Pokemon besides Lanturn.

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVís: 140 hp/ 116 def/ 252 sp def
Careful (+def -sp atk)
-Curse
-Earthquake
-Body Slam/Return
-Rest

Body slam or return is my main question. Return is more powerful, but Body Slam isnít that much weaker and provides that 30% paralysis chance.

Thank you in advance.

crudent
20th April 2007, 12:40 AM
I heard somewhere that the ultimate BF team was CBmence, Special-sweep Starmie, and Curselax, so Iím gonna give it a shot. Make adjustments as needed.

You can quote me on that.

If PP is an issue on fire blast (which I donít think it is), I can always PP max it.

Not a problem, Mence looks fine.

Iím not sure if those evís are right. How many does he need to achieve 352 speed with a modest nature? I think thatís the number he needs to outrun Gengar and Tauros. And I heard that psychic isnít much use because the other three attacks take care of all Pokemon besides Lanturn.

You can't, with a Modest Starmie. For Timid, it's 31 IVs and 216 EVs. Max Speed on this Starmie. And you heard wrong. How else are you gonna hit Gengar? Weezing? And it receives important STAB on Psychic too. Replace Recover with Psychic please.

Body slam or return is my main question. Return is more powerful, but Body Slam isnít that much weaker and provides that 30% paralysis chance.

I would prefer Return for power, as Snorlax can't even outspeed a paralyzed pokemon. But either is fine. Shadow Ball over Earthquake.

Vaporeon4evr
20th April 2007, 4:12 AM
^ Ahh, that's where I heard it. Thank you, Crudent. I just realized I don't have a slowpoke and my Fire Red has been missing for several months, so no curse on Snorlax for now, until I can trade when DP comes out (which kinda defies the term Curse-lax...). I'm working on my Mence right now. I daycare/rare candied him to level fifty and gave him the proteins. Now to start EV'ing (yay...). Where's a good place to EV for attack? I don't have pokerus (I accidentally released a nincada that had it) and for some reason I don't have macho brace.

Should I get a timid starmie then? Or just dump those HP ev's into speed?

Can you explain why shadow ball > earthquake on Snorlax?

POKEMON KING LEAFGREEN
20th April 2007, 5:19 AM
Double-Edge on Lax because it has Rest.

Scepgatr
20th April 2007, 10:00 AM
There is no point in trading Slowpokes over wi-fi to get Curselax for Emerald, since you can't trade from D/P to Emerald. It only works one way (Emerald to D/P). Like POKEMON KING LEAFGREEN said, make it a Rest Talker with Double-Edge and Shadow Ball (Adamant Nature). Only problem is that, now its more of a physcial sweeper than a wall. Shadow Ball > Earthquake, because you could end up in a situation were Snorlax is your last usable PokŤmon and the foe is a Gengar/Misdreavus.

In Mt. Pyre, on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd floor, there are only Shuppets which give 1 Att EV. You can use Super Rod in Petalburg City, Route 102, and Route 117 for Corphish (1 Att EV). Super Rod in Route 118 and 119 results in Carvanha (1 Att EV) and Sharpedo (2 Att EV).

Vaporeon4evr
21st April 2007, 4:19 AM
There is no point in trading Slowpokes over wi-fi to get Curselax for Emerald, since you can't trade from D/P to Emerald. It only works one way (Emerald to D/P). Like POKEMON KING LEAFGREEN said, make it a Rest Talker with Double-Edge and Shadow Ball (Adamant Nature). Only problem is that, now its more of a physcial sweeper than a wall. Shadow Ball > Earthquake, because you could end up in a situation were Snorlax is your last usable PokŤmon and the foe is a Gengar/Misdreavus.

In Mt. Pyre, on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd floor, there are only Shuppets which give 1 Att EV. You can use Super Rod in Petalburg City, Route 102, and Route 117 for Corphish (1 Att EV). Super Rod in Route 118 and 119 results in Carvanha (1 Att EV) and Sharpedo (2 Att EV).

I thought cross-gen trading was two-way. Like the time capsule in GSC. You weren't allowed to bring in 2nd gen moves, poke's, or items, but other than that, it worked perfectly. Is it just one-way for 3rd to 4th gen?

Would Stalk-lax work effectively with this team? I would much prefer to use Curselax by whatever means necessary, but if Stalk-lax works, then I'll use him.

I like to attack EV near Lilycove (route 120, I think), because Poochyena and Shuppet both give 1 atk EV, and Mightyena gives 2 atk EV's.

crudent
21st April 2007, 5:28 AM
Yes it's one way. You can read the main site for more details.

STalklax can work, it just Sleep Talks instead of Curse. Snorlax is good in general, anything works for him.

You can Attack EV anywhere.