PDA

View Full Version : shuckle

metal mewtwo
20th April 2007, 4:43 AM
why is it that such a weak pokemon like shuckle can have such amazing defense it makes no sense sure it it a turtle in a shell but come on its highest defence stat is 600. please people do you guys have any thinkings to why they would give shuckle such a high defence please tell me

Ps. i am aware this is probably the billionth thread like this but i just wanted to know

miken park
20th April 2007, 5:56 AM
They wanted a pokemon like that.

It's an intresting pokemon to use really.

BAM
20th April 2007, 6:11 AM
I like Shuckle. But, I have never used it before. The only thing that I dont like about it is its low base Hp. Otherwise, I would use it.

jivhran
20th April 2007, 6:17 AM
Because it makes an interesting defense choice (sure it has high defenses but has low HP). Besides, in D/P it will have a diffferent way of getting into teams, i guess (trick room plus power trick).

Mikaruge84
20th April 2007, 11:06 AM
Shuckle has an new attack in D/P that allows it to switch his defence with his attack. Then he can be more useful. Anyway I have never use him because his attacks stat suck.

Zoshi
20th April 2007, 11:10 AM
20 Base HP = a great reason to avoid Shuckle.

Anyway, there are far better walls than Shuckle.

Yuna
20th April 2007, 11:21 AM
I like Shuckle but I feel sorry for his HP. If HP was 120 Shuckle would a very good annoyer.

Heaven's Illusion
20th April 2007, 12:33 PM
I like Shuckle. It's an interesting pokemon to use as stated before. I use Shuckle but only in certain situations.

And yes if it's HP was higher, it could've been a good annoyer... Sadly that's not the truth behind it.

rekreatur
20th April 2007, 1:40 PM
I dont like shuckle he is so UGLY

Scepgatr
20th April 2007, 2:12 PM
Shuckle has an new attack in D/P that allows it to switch his defence with his attack. Then he can be more useful. Anyway I have never use him because his attacks stat suck.

Its of no use. Shuckle is still a bad Pokčmon. If you want it to successfully take down foes (with Power Trick), you will have to put a lot of effort to set it up correctly.

DarkSpectrum
20th April 2007, 3:09 PM
why is it that such a weak pokemon like shuckle can have such amazing defense it makes no sense sure it it a turtle in a shell but come on its highest defence stat is 600.
It's more of a "worm in an apple" which i believe is why it's defenses are so high yet HP is so low. A weak bug (low HP) inside a sturdy apple (High defenses).