PDA

View Full Version : deoxys, a waste of money

metal mewtwo
20th April 2007, 5:06 AM
i heard this rumor that deoxys was made with the ability to change forms only so that gamefreak can get more money with people buying all the 3rd gen games. is this really true is it just like what i said earlier a rumor. please tell me cause i wanna know ;386;

Inazuma
20th April 2007, 5:13 AM
Do you think they did that for Kyogre and Groudon?
So you can get one of each. They just made it version exclusive.

But, it doesn't matter anymore, since DP allows you to have all forms.

metal mewtwo
20th April 2007, 5:16 AM
i guess that is true

jivhran
20th April 2007, 5:47 AM
I don't really think they did that for, I think it was for you to develop differnet kinds of strategies with 1 pokemon. Besides if it were true, they would have announced it before the game came out not after...

BAM
20th April 2007, 6:36 AM
They do that with every pokemon game. They make two games with different legendarys in it, then come out with another one that has all the legends in it and something else cool (Battle Frontier). But, that may be true too.

shooting star
20th April 2007, 10:45 AM
Version exclusives are for that purpose.. I never thought of deoxys..

Heaven's Illusion
20th April 2007, 12:35 PM
I don't think they used Deoxys for that one reason. I think they used most other pokemon (Version Exclusives) to get people to buy games, but I highly doubt that was the real reason.

Kaliber
20th April 2007, 2:47 PM
Maybe in the past with version exclusives was to make more money. But now with Wi-fi that shouldnt be a problem.

Clash
20th April 2007, 2:52 PM
How much of a profit could you make from one event-only Pokemon? Anybody who even wanted Deoxys would most likely already have had a 3rd gen game anyway.

dragonlover22
20th April 2007, 2:57 PM
well if the people like Deoxys then they will think what they want about they like that the creators of the game did that but if they did it would say on the website i go to all the time that has pokemon info.

sandslash_1
20th April 2007, 3:56 PM
I doubt they would make a game just for one event pokemon they made the game so you have more pokemon to catch not just one but they made emerald i think for battle fronteir and other little add ons but the answer to your question no they would never make a new game for just one nintendo event related pokemon.

Hunter-Z
20th April 2007, 9:24 PM
That may be an incentive, but I doubt that it would make a ton of people just run out and buy the game.

#Gecko#
20th April 2007, 10:51 PM
If that was true, then thev Deoxys could be in-game since some people can't go to the events :3

ShinyManafi
20th April 2007, 10:57 PM
I don't care. I try to buy all the games anyway..

MetalMario
21st April 2007, 7:31 AM
Yeah, because the most compelling reason to buy all the games is something only 0.01% of fans even get the opportunity to own. -.-;

daksunt
21st April 2007, 9:41 AM
it is deoxys i mean u know comes from dna, they had to do different versions and the best way for that was to make its versions in different games and also sell more however dp now has all of its mechanic so considering that ruby and sapphire is a waste of money when u have emerald.

deatho66
21st April 2007, 11:12 AM
yeh people have different tastes. so they put one in each so they would buy the version that had the form that they wanted.

Heaven's Illusion
21st April 2007, 3:03 PM
I don't care. I try to buy all the games anyway.. Same here, but what I do since I have a cousin we try to buy opposite games to make it easier.

Dragon99970
21st April 2007, 3:05 PM
i think they just did it because it was new feature in the games

Yeast
21st April 2007, 3:32 PM
My friends and I usually buy opposie games, so then we each get the exclusive pokemon.

Azure Wolf
22nd April 2007, 2:31 PM
These things make pokemon special, not like the boring 'Hey I got paras!' pokemon with no special features...

txdaan
23rd April 2007, 5:53 PM
jetix magazine holland sometimes gives events so you can send your game to them and they put a ticket in it
in this way my friend got deoxys and next friday he gives me Deoxys too (cloned)