PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever avoided trainers on routes or in caves?

Kaliber
20th April 2007, 1:56 PM
And is it "bad" to do so?

Personnally I battle everything I see (even wilds).But I know a few people who skip trainers to get places faster, then get a surprise when they walk by them later.

nap*
20th April 2007, 1:59 PM
And is it "bad" to do so?

Personnally I battle everything I see (even wilds).But I know a few people who skip trainers to get places faster, then get a surprise when they walk by them later.

It depends on the situtation if my team is in desperate health and I have no healing Items i tend to run away from trainers however one always see me

BioTrainer
20th April 2007, 2:03 PM
If i'm low on health and recovery items i skip them, otherwise i like to battle them all.

BT ;383;

Scepgatr
20th April 2007, 3:09 PM
I skip trainers sometimes. I come back for them later when I want to train different Pokčmons (e.g trainers in the Ocean Currents).

sandslash_1
21st April 2007, 12:02 AM
I skip trainers if my health is low or my pokemon's level is low that should answer the question..

ShinyManafi
21st April 2007, 12:10 AM
Teh, I'm always ready to take them on. :)

#Gecko#
21st April 2007, 12:33 AM
I want to skip trainers, but I don't for some reason unless 1 of my Pkmn got KO. I care about my Pkmn. ;)

ShinyManafi
21st April 2007, 12:36 AM
I care about my Pkmn. ;)

So do I, but mine are usually ready since I carry an overload of healing items. ;D

WarthogDemon
21st April 2007, 12:38 AM
Sometimes, but very rarely. Once or twice I did by pure accident.

Kaliber
21st April 2007, 1:17 AM
But is it "Bad" to skip trainers? I hate playing another persons game and stumbling into trainers they never battled.

K3v1n
21st April 2007, 2:51 AM
Well I normally won't but my Pokemon had like 10hp left.So you know....

nubinator
21st April 2007, 2:54 AM
Sometimes, But just at the biginning of the game. You know where all the lasses are in fr/lg and the bug catchers are on r/s/e

DDJ2991
21st April 2007, 3:43 AM
i verse them all, mainly for experience & also i dont like to leave things undone... in games only lol

Azure Wolf
21st April 2007, 4:51 AM
i verse them all, mainly for experience & also i dont like to leave things undone... in games only lol

Same here, I feel satisfied when I beat them all, my friend likes avoiding them so when he was going to back to a previous city he had to carefully dodge the traineres all over again and he got so damn annoyed.

RedGyarados
21st April 2007, 5:16 AM
I avoid the trainers only if my Pokemon are low on health or if the Pokemon are close to a level that would cause them not to listen to me anymore.

squirtleboy12
21st April 2007, 5:23 AM
i always do when im not ev-training..once i beat the e4 though i try avoiding them with my real team..

Esgalfea
21st April 2007, 5:29 AM
I used to battle trainers everytime I see on, but now they just get so repetitive I skip them lest it be for getting speed exp. When I surf I always avoid trainers, since I just hate battling water pokemon for some reason.

Conquistador
21st April 2007, 5:51 AM
I used to in th 1st gen, but ever sine, I battle them all! Exluding wilds...and some trainers when I'm low on health.

MetalMario
21st April 2007, 8:35 AM
I tried avoiding Pokénav trainers on my latest play through Emerald, but Pokéfan Isabel is inescapable. I ended up taking just as many calls, only they were always from the same people. Creeps.

Raikou77
21st April 2007, 8:42 AM
I always skip them wherever its possible.

shaoon
21st April 2007, 8:49 AM
I try to avoid only when I really don't feal like battleing at the moment, but then I usually turn arround and battle them later.

The Mighty Wurmple
21st April 2007, 8:57 AM
I skip trainers wherever possible.

WhyteMage
21st April 2007, 9:25 AM
Sure have. Usually only when I'm trying to get somewhere quickly or my team's hurt though.

Sceptile Owns All
21st April 2007, 9:29 AM
I do that a lot in caves that are long, if my Pokemon have low health, or if I'm just too lazy to battle them.

miken park
21st April 2007, 9:34 AM
only when I want to come back to train against them with a different pokemon

WildFang
21st April 2007, 9:36 AM
IT depends, if it's a new game and the trainer is close to a new town, I'll come back to em later onceI got the new town logged

Arbok
21st April 2007, 10:06 AM
I always try to battle with every trainer on my path if I have the right Pokémon with me.

Manjot
21st April 2007, 10:19 AM
I battle everyone I possibly can.

EternalSmasherSceptile
21st April 2007, 11:03 AM
No, not at all. My pokemon get LOTS of experence.
I even defeat hundereds of pokemon on a single route before countinuing.

PsychedelicJellyfish
21st April 2007, 11:51 AM
Indeed I have. Then I either:
1. Think that I HAVE battled them and walk in front of them at a bad moment
2. Decide that a Pokémon needs training and walk in front of them deliberately
3. Forget they ever existed. Especially swimmers.

deatho66
21st April 2007, 12:13 PM
i only avoid trainers when my pokemon are weak or when im ev training so i dont mess up the ev's

Heaven's Illusion
21st April 2007, 1:44 PM
I always take trainers on to raise my team unless I'm low on recovery items and health. usually that doesn't happen to me because with the money I recieve from the trainers, I can buy a whole bunch.

I don't see why you would want to avoid them, unless the only purpose of the file is trying to get a legendary at the end.

crudent
22nd April 2007, 3:33 PM
I do every trainer that I meet. Unless I'm low on health.

rekreatur
22nd April 2007, 4:35 PM
I never skip them

Dandegod
22nd April 2007, 7:30 PM
i've battled every trainer except one which is hidden on the other side of the bike bridge near slateport entrance but my mate found it and both of us had lvl 70 odds against the trainer's lvl 10 abra

Gilgamesh
23rd April 2007, 2:28 PM
I usually don't skip them, but it has happened.

Bulbatordile
23rd April 2007, 2:42 PM
I avoid trainers sometimes in order to reach an area where I can catch a new pokemon that I want for my team. But I then go back to battle them (usually with my new lower level capture).

Winter02
23rd April 2007, 4:50 PM
yes, if my pokes are damaged or i don't feel for battling them.

Autaven
23rd April 2007, 5:16 PM
Just repeating what most have said tbh. Only when my pokemon are low on HP and I have barely any healing items. Otherwise I'm fine with doing it, I enjoy battles, and the experience is much better if I'm training. Although I do admit I have sometimes ran past when I'm in a rush to do something, or just can't be bothered.

txdaan
23rd April 2007, 6:00 PM
trainers @ route 134-132 in the currents: im not good @ current-surfing

and off course when im hurt and dont have healing items

ludicolo_kid
23rd April 2007, 6:21 PM
Yeah I do it every once in a while. It does get pretty boring but generally I'll battle almost all, maybe skipping someone in a place somewhere out of my way.

Prio
23rd April 2007, 6:34 PM
I battle every single trainer in the game if I skip them because of low HP I go back and battle them.