PDA

View Full Version : Tradeability of Mew

Tyranipole
21st April 2007, 3:32 AM
Hello everyone, Tyranipole here. Recently, I have borrowed a friend's Saphire Version in the hopes of getting his Lugia and Mew over to my Emerald for some cloning. The Lugia came over fine (I now have 3), but when I tried to trade Mew, the following message came up: "This Pokemon can't be traded now/ The trade has been cancelled". WTF?! This makes no sense. Although the Mew was a hack (caught at Lv. 40 in Victory Road), this shouldn't be of concern, because so was the Lugia (Lv. 26 on Route 121). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ampharos_Spark
21st April 2007, 3:48 AM
Mew and Deoxys have a sort of lock on them that, in a way, when they are hacked by encounter codes such as the one your friend used, they can not be traded and will not obey their own trainer. You're going to have to wait until you can use the Global Trading System in Diamond and Pearl (if you have access to Wi-Fi) and get one on there.

Lord Scalgon
21st April 2007, 4:17 AM
You can't trade hacked promos. Serves the cheaters right.

Hunter-Z
21st April 2007, 4:19 AM
Sorry, deliberately hacked pokes don't always work. I've heard of many hacked mew problems before.

metal mewtwo
22nd April 2007, 7:04 PM
i have a hacked deoxys i got from my cousin and it works fine

EmberStar the Blaziken
22nd April 2007, 7:14 PM
It is more of a safegaurd than a punishment. Hacked 'mons have corrupt coding; by sending corrupt coding to your friend it screws his name. So this safe gaurd it the best choice.

ant1
24th April 2007, 11:01 AM
it'll works fine if you use cheat to go to faraway island in emerald.