23rd April 2007, 12:11 PM
I can belive this but the second one

Roserade is evil EVIL!

Fire Ranger
23rd April 2007, 12:24 PM
The third gym. Lucario isEVIL!

C-Rich
23rd April 2007, 1:40 PM
Neither so far, but I'm thinking the third will give me trouble.

cold james
23rd April 2007, 2:18 PM
The third gym sucked the first time around. The only pokemon that I actually used at that point were Prinplup (named Regis) Staravia (named Starr) and Graveler. Obviously Graveler wasnt a good choice for this gym and Starr got taken out by the Machoke w/ Rock Slide.

I took some time, trained, and evolved Starr into Staraptor only to beat Machoke with Prinplup's Bubblebeam and Lucario w/ Prinplup's Bide.

Still, Starr is badass.

DizzyRose
23rd April 2007, 2:29 PM
I had no problems with the first.
The second was heck for me. I had nothing good against grass types.. So it was pretty difficult.
The third was surprisingly easy. Lucario was nowhere near as strong as I was expecting it to be.
The fourth was very easy. I only had slight trouble with Gyarados. But Floatzel was EASY. I took it down in two hits..

I'm about to face the 5th right now.. Ghosts. Hopefully it won't be too difficult.

*Jean Grey*
23rd April 2007, 2:35 PM
The second one was no problem, as I had Chimchar, but Fantina's gym gave me lots of problems (Immunity to fighting).

ReptileTrainer24
23rd April 2007, 2:36 PM
the 3rd gym gave me trouble the first time so far... Sadly I only had a Level 28 Chingling and the rest were level 26 or 25. Lucario smacked me down!

But I got my revenge and wooped her butt!

ForeverFlame
23rd April 2007, 3:20 PM
I had issues with Lucario, and I had major problems with Folknor's Octillery, believe it or not. He knocked out all of my Pokemon, and I only had Dialga left, which I pwned him with.

pokeboy_Diamond-lover
23rd April 2007, 3:28 PM
I have mot made it to the third gym yet, but I had problems with the second gym.(did not get a starly)

Seth_X_of_Fortree
23rd April 2007, 3:52 PM
Had a glitch with seventh. My Torterra named Stephanie, My Staraptor named Ilia (LoZ fan) and my Gastrodon Drexelina. Drexelina did no good. Eventually, I figured out I had to do Close Combat twice, Drexelina swap-out, then another Close combat, then Torterra.

backlot
23rd April 2007, 5:32 PM
the first one was the hardest for me. i've only been in 2 gyms though.

koxcstar23
23rd April 2007, 5:34 PM
I died on the first one...oops his dinosaur killed my piplup but then I beat him after that. I havent gotten to anyother gym leader yet

Merman
23rd April 2007, 5:48 PM

Roserade is evil EVIL!
I assume you took Piplup? I did. Man, I was at least 15 levels higher than that Roserade, and it took me over 10 tries and a ton of money on Super Potions. The worst thing was that it kept poisoning and paralyzing me and Prinplup didn't even use it's Full Heal once. Argh, I hated that gym soooo much. Other than that, everything's been medium hard, not too easy, not too hard. Well, okay, some really easy, but not always. The Lucario in the fighting gym was a bit of a pain, but once it kept doing steel attacks on my Empoleon, it was really just a matter of Brining it to death.

Bl4stoise
23rd April 2007, 5:49 PM
the third gym

I have alakazam sweep her first to then lucario is part steel so he tore through my zam...but grotle was there to finish him..luckily

DS lite man
23rd April 2007, 6:58 PM
people who have trouble in the 2nd gym should go catch a ponyta east of
enterna city

LeoP2008
23rd April 2007, 7:06 PM
The first gym annoyed me....alot. Its not that it was hard, its just that only on of my Pokemon was really useful. I picked Chimchar (who became Monferno) at the beggining so his fighting type made a BIG difference. However, my Luxio and Magicarp (obviously since all it had was splash) were completely useless.

ShinyManafi
23rd April 2007, 7:55 PM
All easy for me.

1st Gym - Subomi used Mega Drain over and over
2nd Gym - Moukazaru used Flame Wheel for the kill
3rd Gym - Staraptor used Aerial Ace and Moukazaru for the kill
4th Gym - Rentoraa used Spark for the kill

-_-

Dewgong
23rd April 2007, 9:24 PM
The first two gyms were pretty easy for me, the third one was a pain in the *** seeing as I couldn't OHKO all of the Machoke there. :/

I haven't got to the rest yet.

Deja Vu
24th April 2007, 12:08 AM
Maybe I just picked the right Pokemon, but I haven't had any trouble beating the gyms. Cranidos was probably the toughest of the leader's top pokemon. The grass gym was cake and Lucario wasn't a problem at all.

Mcr 4 life
24th April 2007, 12:10 AM
Which gym leader is it the hardest or longest to get to?

Raikou77
24th April 2007, 12:16 AM
The Ice Gym's maze was really hard.

Aidron
24th April 2007, 12:35 AM
Prinplup didn't even use it's Full Heal once.

That's because Pokemon cannot use man-made items like Full Heal, Antidote, Potion, etc.

The Roark and Gardenia had their own difficulties. Roark was probably tougher for me, but had I used Staravia instead of Misdreavus (mostly) then I would have wiped the floor with her I'm sure.

Galatica Phantom
24th April 2007, 1:50 AM
....Drain...Punch!?

Sapphire Phoenix
24th April 2007, 2:55 AM
This is a hard one... I'd say Roark and then Ice gym. I haven't battled the Ice gym, but I remember it from my Japanese Diamond... Evil. Roark because I Turtwig didn't do much damage and that his dinosaur (forgot the name) did a lot of it...

Mechana2412
24th April 2007, 2:56 AM
Second one. Period. I'm still stuck on it and my Prinplup is nearly an Empoleon.

Infernal
24th April 2007, 6:55 AM
I've gotten seven badges so far and I've yet to have a problem. My team consists of Empoleon, Staraptor, Luxray, and Steelix. I must be doing something right. :)

The Thunderbird
24th April 2007, 7:25 AM
I didn't have a problem with any of them yet.

First Gym- Prinplup takes out Geodude and Onix with Bubble. Cranidos took two Bubbles to defeat.
Second Gym- Murkrow easily took down Cherubi and Turtwig, then OHKOs Roserade with a critical hit Pluck.
Third Gym- Murkrow quickly disposes of Meditite with Pluck. Machoke took two hits to beat, but didn't do any damage to it. Murkrow and Lucario traded hits until Murkrow fainted and Lucario was weakened severely. Luxio used Charge while Maylene healed it with a Hyper Potion. Luxio hit Lucario with a Charged critical hit Spark, which of course lead to a OHKO.

ChaosAngel
24th April 2007, 9:02 AM
They didn't give me much problems.
The last 2 gym leaders, gave me the most challenge.

*infamous94*
24th April 2007, 9:49 AM
So far I only did 4 gyms, but none of them were REALLY hard. The only one that got me mad was the 3rd gym, but other than that the other ones were pretty easy.

First Gym: OHKO Geodude and Onix with Bubble, then Crandios nearly beat my Prinplup, but I managed to 2HKO it.
Second Gym: OHKO Cherubi and Turtwig with Wing Attack. OHKO Roserade with a critical hit Wing Attack.
Third Gym: OHKO Meditite and Machoke with Aerial Ace. Now the hard part. Lucario beat my Staravia, forcing me to use Prinplup. I got in two Pecks until Lucario beat it. I thought I was going to lose, but my Luxray somehow managed to beat it after back and forth action which ended after Luxray hit it with a critical hit Spark.
Fourth Gym: OHKO Gyrados and Floatzel with Spark. Took a while, but Staraptor beat Quagsire with Aerial Ace.

5th and 6th shouldn't be hard. 8th gym wouldn't be hard if I'm able to get a Garchomp by then. I'm sure 7th gym would will give me problems seeing as it is an ice gym.

Predetor
24th April 2007, 10:27 AM
the first gym was a trouble cuz it is a stone pokemon gym and i got chimchar
(then now he evoloved to monferno) but the second was a waist of time cuz it is a leaf pokemon gym, now im on the way to the third gym.

xgina
24th April 2007, 10:29 AM
gah i ****ing HATED the third one.
bronzor dies too easily =[

Penguin888
24th April 2007, 1:58 PM
I went through the first two gyms pretty easily
1st with my Piplup
2nd with my Misdreavus
I haven't battled the 3rd yet, but I time traveled to Friday so I could catch a Drifloon. I think Drifloon will really help my team, and I also have Ponyta for Lucario, and Prinplup w/ Peck, just in case I need it. Also a Girafarig. I should be covered for that

Hyourinmaru
24th April 2007, 2:14 PM
Sumomo. Makishi's was horrible to get through, because I had no good grass Pokemon on hand, untill I trained my Subomi up.

Hyouta's was suprisingly hard for a 1st gym too.

mumbo
24th April 2007, 5:46 PM
I haven't actually got to the 5th gym yet , because i can't find the gym leader! If you can tell me how to find her, PM me. So far the third gym was hard. Lucario was hard.

PsyduckBreeder
24th April 2007, 5:46 PM
I actually had a rough time in the first gym just because of the damage from Cranidos.

Lost 3 times in a row.

dialga master
24th April 2007, 5:54 PM
Mine was the second. Turytwig kept using withdraw which made it hard to defeat him. I used Prinplup's peck and it only did little damage. Then when i finally beat it, Roserade kills me. But i finally beat gardenia yesterday.

kairu buridugesu
24th April 2007, 6:16 PM
I'd definitly say the Third Gym. Namely Lucario.

My Staravia passed up my Prinplup from all the EXP he got fighting her other Pokemon.

krabbymcnabby93
24th April 2007, 6:53 PM
Hmmm... after reading these post, mainly only piplup starters had a hard time

Coincedence, i think not ;)

one chimchar

No turtwig

ebil joey
24th April 2007, 7:00 PM
the two gyms i battled in, my star poke (any one who had an advantage)always ended up fainting at the leaders final pokemon.but i just chose out my turtwig (now grotle) and finished their worn out pokemon.

Bulbasauras Rex
24th April 2007, 11:04 PM
Currently Fantina because I can't find her because she's not at her Gym.

mumbo
24th April 2007, 11:20 PM
Currently Fantina because I can't find her because she's not at her Gym.

I feel your pain man. i have been playing for 4 hrs and still can't find her. i am a sad Penguin

pichubros.rock!
25th April 2007, 6:36 AM
1st gym- chimchar uses rock smash on all the pokemon it was scary all my hits were critical...
2 gym- 4 words chimchar with flame wheel

Cipher
25th April 2007, 6:40 AM
I'm only now en route to the town with the third badge, but so far I've had no trouble.

First Gym: My Onix whittled away at Geodude and Cranidos, and Shinx took out his Onix with Hidden Power Grass.

Second Gym: Monferno and Staravia made quick work of her team.

I can't imagine the third gym being too hard with Staravia and Gastly.

Clash
25th April 2007, 7:05 AM
The first gym was the only Gym I actually had to defeat twice. His Cranidos with it's speed and massive attack was very annoying.

RPG Maker
25th April 2007, 7:09 AM
Everything was smooth sailing for me up to the fifth gym. That was the only time I was defeated due to a stupid mistake.

Gribman92
25th April 2007, 1:09 PM
I train alot and my team is good so I don't have trouble with any

Infamous
25th April 2007, 2:00 PM
the third

i didnt have psychic type to back up my staravia

and staravia got haxed anyway =/

and i didnt have any revives

trapezechimpanz
25th April 2007, 3:14 PM
I have only just made it to Veilstone... so I haven't challanged the 3rd gym leader yet. But out of the first two it was the first gym... I only had two poke'mon on my team and Cranidos took them both out with Headbutt

Charazard
25th April 2007, 3:41 PM
Well mostly every gym was pretty easy except the last, I promised myself I wouldnt use palkia but he was just to tough so i brought him out

Pokedude1928375
25th April 2007, 3:50 PM
My Piplup is under leveled so I was defeated by Cranidous. In the first gym

LeoP2008
25th April 2007, 7:03 PM
Hmmm... after reading these post, mainly only piplup starters had a hard time

Coincedence, i think not ;)

one chimchar

No turtwig

I noticed that too. I guess I was "one Chimchar." So far I, all the gym battles have been easy as cake...wait that's not right...anyway, I feel sorry for thoughs Piplup trainers....

C-Rich
25th April 2007, 7:06 PM
I chose Piplup and the first gym was a breeze. I've now beaten all of the gyms and I haven't had trouble in any of them.

des343
25th April 2007, 8:19 PM
err omg im sorry but i dont know how you ppl have ANY trouble with the gyms.

Unless its the first one and u got the fire guy.

So far i got 5 badges and they were ALL extreamly easy and i only have 2 pokemon (cant decide totally on ohters to raise yet)...i got the grass starter (now fully evolved) and the gastradon or w/e shellos evo.

But then again they are both pretty versatile pokemon

??????
28th April 2007, 3:54 AM
Right know im playin emerald, and tate and friggin liza are a pain in my neck

cabman
28th April 2007, 4:48 AM
i beat the first and second gyms with prinplup and luxio i evolved them b4 the first so it was easy

Raize
28th April 2007, 4:54 AM
Got Chimchar... only Pokemon I used 'till e4 and NO Gym leader KO'ed it. Volkner was a pain though. I got paralyzed.

Zoshi
28th April 2007, 4:58 AM
They were all easy for me. The only hard thing about the gyms was Snowpoint Gym's puzzle. Now THAT was hard.

Saku
28th April 2007, 5:00 AM
First Gym = Kinda hard without well trained pokemon
Second Gym = Piece of Cake with Chimchar
Third Gym = Pretty Hard. Didn't really like it. =/
Fourth Gym = Still pretty hard, but Roselia did pretty good.
Fifth Gym = Training for it now. XD

Hardest for me I guess would be 5th. =/

.::Escalator::.
28th April 2007, 5:05 AM
Byron. His Brozor kept Sleep-fusing me and that Bastiodon refused to go down! Rest this, Chesto That, Ooh, I gots a Hyper Potion! And he kept Iron defending when i was *trying* to set up for a sweep, which couldn't take place.

SlipKnoT
28th April 2007, 5:05 AM
I'm to the point where I can challenge the 5th gym but haven't, so I can only comment on the first 4. I'd say the 4th, the battles were easy with my Luxray & Prinplup but getting to the leader got to be a pain.

coolmaster43232
28th April 2007, 7:52 AM
i haven't had any horrible incidents with gym leaders.

[roark] i chose turtwig, and had caught a starly. i used withdraw a few times when attacking onix, to prepare for cranidos' better-than-average attack power. although it wasn't overly difficult.

[gardenia] can you say staravia?

[maylene] lucario was a poop, not gunna lie. otherwise, with the combined efforts of staravia and gastrodon i got through.

[crasher wake] hahaha, the only thing that kind of ticked me off was his gyrados, just because i dont have an electric-type. other than that torterra wiped the floor with floatzel and quagsire.

[fantina] surprisingly easy. drifloon was knocked out by staraptor with two aerial aces, and mismagius was taken on by staraptor as well. i used my bronzong's extrasensory to faint her gengar.

[byron] way too easy. bronzor was probably the hardest, if i had to pick one. gastrosdon got him with surf though, and steelix and bastiodon went down hard to torterra.

i've only fought the first six gym leaders, so i can't say much about candice and volkner.

Sonozaki Maya
28th April 2007, 8:12 AM
Roark: He was fine, I chose Piplup as my starter anyways.

Gardenia: Didn't frustrate me, but Rozerade annoyed me when I fought for the first time (levels were below 20).

Maylene: Bah. Pathetic.

Crasher Wake: Floatzel was the only challenge. I wiped the floor using my Luxio.

Fantina: More of a challenge than Maylene but was otherwise relatively easy with Luxio (Bite/ThunderFang)

Byron: Bronzor was annoying (I hate Bronzor/Bronzong just because of the typing). Otherwise relatively fine.

Candice: Only Medicham was annoying due to having Elemental Punches (to my knowledge).

Volkner: Now Volkner was a challenge, I didn't have any Pokemon to tackle Electric types and I hadn't learned EQ to anyone yet, so it was a very hard slugfest as I could not cover my Electric weaknesses.

I did have a struggle with the E4 my second time around.

King of Rhinos
28th April 2007, 8:22 AM
ive only gotten past the 1st 2 gyms and they were pretty easy with my piplup on roark and my staravia on gardenia

hopin i can evolve my prinplup by the time i get to the 3d gym

otherwise, ill have to get like...gastrodon or ponyta/rapidash to take out lucario, others wont be that hard...i hope...

Lexinad
28th April 2007, 8:44 AM
The third gym. Lucario isEVIL!

I agree! I had such a hard time I had two use a level 32 Grotle to beat the third gym.

Dramatic Melody
28th April 2007, 9:20 AM
Well...

Roark - Uhmm, I chose Piplup. That's about the only thing you need to know.

Gardenia - I had a Staravia...

Maylene - A little hard. Lucario is a pain, but I managed to beat it with my Staravia.

Crasher Wake - I had a Luxio...

Fantina - A little hard coz of Mismagius, but otherwise fine because of Luxio and my *newly* caught Misdreavus.

Byron - Bronzor was annoying. But it was somewhat easy coz of Empoleon.

Candice - I got so annoyed by Hail. Staraptor couldn't do its Aerial Ace due to weakness, but I found a turn to use it against Abomasnow since it used Wood Hammer.

Volkner - I had a Garchomp with Earthquake, and a Luxray (for his Octillery).

But the E4 was a pain to me.

Tony the Awesome
28th April 2007, 9:23 AM
Roark: Easy
Gardenia: Easy
Maylene: Annoying Lucario
Crasher Wake: Easy
Fantina: Mismagius Annoying
Byron: Easy
Candice: Easy
VOlkner EAsy.
I Never Lost To Any Gym Leader :O

des343
28th April 2007, 9:36 AM
Bleh i beat all of the gyms TOO easy....wasnt even a match.

The E4 is easy too besides the Psychic person and the only thing hard bout her is that dang Bronzong as such has defensive stats and on top of it used Calm Mind.....GRR that frustrated the crap out of me

Other than that the game is just another notch on the Pokemon Belt. And i only have to see 5 more pokemon till i get my national dex

Shnitzel_12
28th April 2007, 10:53 AM
With my Piplup family through the ages
1: easy
2: easy (pluck)
3: hard, died thrice before beating her
4: easy (budew and grass rope)
5: well, medium, didn't die but all except prinplup died
6: easy, bubblebeam
7: easy, flash cannon from previous gym
8: easy with a dragon claw or two from Dialga

YAY! I beat all the gyms. And I have Uxie!

des343
28th April 2007, 11:05 AM
With my Piplup family through the ages
1: easy
2: easy (pluck)
3: hard, died thrice before beating her
4: easy (budew and grass rope)
5: well, medium, didn't die but all except prinplup died
6: easy, bubblebeam
7: easy, flash cannon from previous gym
8: easy with a dragon claw or two from Dialga

YAY! I beat all the gyms. And I have Uxie!

where did u get Uxie...the 5 pokemon i havent seen on my pokedex are

Tentacool (lol), Those 3 lil pokemon Uxie and all them, And Palko i know where to see him

pochama_blue
28th April 2007, 11:15 AM
My Prinplup took care of Roark easy, my Luxio and Drifloon dealt with Gardenia but my Cranidos is having trouble in the third gym, Lucario wont stop attacking agggh!!!!!

Skeith
28th April 2007, 3:11 PM
Well I haven't done much but...

Roark: Turtwig was my choice of starter and the only pokemon I had on my sqaud during my gym challenge, it didn't get hit once.

Gardenia: Her prechallenge wasn't as hard as I had found it on the japanese version (mostly due to the fact that the game was in english and I knew where everyone was) I defeated her trainers with my Combee (whom was at facing Gardenia, one level short of evolution and paralized). Gardenia wiped it out with her Turtwig, witch annoyed me so I switched in my Driftloon whom wiped out the rest of her sqaud

Maylene: Beat her easily (why does everyone say shes a problem) Driftloom wiped out Mediette and Machoke with one gust then I switched in Torterra and wiped out Lucario with one earthquake

Pikawho?
28th April 2007, 3:13 PM
I killed them all in one shot. The hardest would've had to be against Roark. His stupid Cranidos KO-d my Piplup and Shinx. But Starly, amazingly, saved the day!

.Vaati.
28th April 2007, 3:14 PM
The second one was most annoying since I got haxed. ._.;;

Kriketune used Sing on her first Pokemon and started using Fury Cutter. Swept through her first two Pokemon. Take away about 60% of Roserade's health. She uses Stun Spore. I get paralyzed for five turns in a row and get KOed by Grass Rope. ._.;;

*Jean Grey*
28th April 2007, 3:34 PM
Bleh i beat all of the gyms TOO easy....wasnt even a match.

The E4 is easy too besides the Psychic person and the only thing hard bout her is that dang Bronzong as such has defensive stats and on top of it used Calm Mind.....GRR that frustrated the crap out of me

Other than that the game is just another notch on the Pokemon Belt. And i only have to see 5 more pokemon till i get my national dex

Lucian is a HIM for heaven's sake (how dare you call my bishie a her!), well, back on-topic, I also found Volkner's gym difficult because most of my pokemon were either weak to Electric Type or have no super-effective move for Electric Types

Virtual Chatot
28th April 2007, 3:36 PM
Lol, I picked Piplup at first...But there are a BUNCH of grass and bug pokemon
So I restarted and got Chimpchar...

The most annoying for me would have to be the Ghost gym...I was way to umprepared for it...

Andren
28th April 2007, 3:51 PM
I say Fantina, as I haven't gotten to the last 3.

Roark: Budew and Monferno ftw!

Gardenia: Monferno and Staravia, need I say more?

Maylene: Staravia 2HKO's Meditite and Machoke, Monferno Flame Wheels FTW!

Wake: I Charge his Gyarados, Giga Drain his Quagsire, and do both on Floatzel.

Fantina: I own Drifblim, Mismagius is actually able to KO something, and I own Gengar.

cdawg3574
28th April 2007, 3:58 PM
no problems at all, i actually beat the first gym with luxio (bite), beat the second with monferno and the third with infernapes close combat and roselias resistance. one thing worth noting though, i was about 5 levels above roserade and it survived flame wheel :o

EDIT: i have currently beaten 6 gyms, crasher wake with luxray and roselia, the ghosts with luxray, and the steel gym with close combat and focus blast from infernape

Jakley
28th April 2007, 6:59 PM
I had no problem with any of the Leaders and I managed to get through the Elite Four, but, Cynthia killed me, all my Pokes were still in their Forties lol I managed to KO Three of hers though, and also just need to see Dialga for the National Dex now

Charizard Champion#06
28th April 2007, 7:04 PM
The first Gym is the only one I lost to. I started with Chimchar and the rest of my team was Starly (also weak to rock) and Shinx (horrible def.).

LocamotionEX
28th April 2007, 7:07 PM
I beat the Pokemon League on Wednesday, But the gyms were too easy. I didn't even lose to one. for the last gym, I had uxie, and Azelf, I didn't use them though. I mostly used my roserade, and Staraptor

kinglax
28th April 2007, 7:09 PM
1: Too easy. Made quick work w/ monferno and onix
2: Made quick work with monferno and starvia
3: Had to go in twice, but eventually did win with staravia, gastrodon and monferno
4: Luxray made quick work w/ spark
5: Luxray's crunch pwndifyed in 7 minutes
6: Infernape pwned
7: It was frustrating getting past the snowballs, but infernape and staravia and Ambipom were all great.
8: ?????

wiz4
28th April 2007, 7:22 PM
1st:5th try Lv 5-10
2nd:2nd try Lv: 10-15
3rd: 2nd try: Lv:20-25
4th: 1st try: Lv: 20-25
5th: 5th try: Lv: 25-30
6th: 1st try: Lv 25-30
7th: ???

Raikuga
28th April 2007, 7:39 PM
I beaty every gym so far on my first try.

1st: Easily beat with my Prinplup's metal claw and *gasp* bubble.
2nd: Forgot what I did here. I think it was staravia or crobat.
3rd: Meditite and confusion, plus my crobat's wing attack.
4th: Luxray. 'Nuff said.
5th: Crobat and bite, Luxray and crunch.
6th: Meditite and hi jump kick.
7th: No fire types, so I used my Empoleon. Almost lost.

Raikuga
28th April 2007, 7:42 PM
I beaty every gym so far on my first try.

1st: Easily beat with my Prinplup's metal claw and *gasp* bubble.
2nd: Forgot what I did here. I think it was staravia or crobat.
3rd: Meditite and confusion, plus my crobat's wing attack.
4th: Luxray. 'Nuff said.
5th: Crobat and bite, Luxray and crunch.
6th: Meditite and hi jump kick.
7th: No fire types, so I used my Empoleon. Almost lost.

bullet for my valentine
28th April 2007, 10:05 PM
i had to play a demo. it was all the way to fantina's gym. the pokes we're lv.35 torterra, lv 35 staraptor, lv 25 ponyta, and lv 22 driftloon. it was a real pain in the *** and i coudn't beat it.

Haruka of Hoenn
28th April 2007, 10:18 PM
For me, it was the third gym. Not only was getting to the leader confusing, but her Lucario practically killed my team!

hawaiian ale
28th April 2007, 10:55 PM
i never did lose once in the gyms this was the eaasyest gyms ever

Lishus13
29th April 2007, 12:18 AM
The Last Gym will screw me over, I'm in Sunyshore City with only Pokemon Levels 40-43...am I ready?

warnerbroman
29th April 2007, 12:45 AM
The Last Gym will screw me over, I'm in Sunyshore City with only Pokemon Levels 40-43...am I ready?
get a gastodon and kill the monkey he will srew you over unles you have a mimilopunny

Midnight Pulse
29th April 2007, 12:59 AM
the gym leader that got me frustrated was the Ghost Type one from Hearthome.probably because i was underleveled

the actual gym that got me frustrated was the Sunyshore one,i spent about 35 mins trying to get to the leader >:O

Shineenigma
29th April 2007, 1:07 AM
I only had trouble with the 1st gym. I had under estimated Cranidos. I didn't make that mistake a second time and I took it down with one move. The three following gyms didn't give me much hassle. I will be fighting the Hearthome leader tomorrow. I am doing just a gym a day to pace myself.

Jiraiya
29th April 2007, 1:07 AM
Gah the ice gym almost destroyed me, I only won because on the last pokemon, Abomasnow, My Lopunny got lucky and got a critical hit on her return, which ko'ed Abomasnow.

Imperial_Furret
29th April 2007, 1:08 AM
The second was easy. One-hit KOed everything but the Roserade with Staravia. I swapped out for Budew to Paralyz Roserade, and ended up killing it with cut. xD

I had major problems with the first, though. I could KO Onix and Geodude, but The Fossil Dionsaur who's name escapes me KOed my Piplup. So I went and caught Budew, trained it and Piplup a bit, and got my first badge. :D

Imperial_Furret
29th April 2007, 1:18 AM
The second was easy. One-hit KOed everything but the Roserade with Staravia. I swapped out for Budew to Paralyz Roserade, and ended up killing it with cut. xD

I had major problems with the first, though. I could KO Onix and Geodude, but The Fossil Dionsaur who's name escapes me KOed my Piplup. So I went and caught Budew, trained it and Piplup a bit, and got my first badge. :D

Jiraiya
29th April 2007, 1:19 AM
Gah the ice gym almost destroyed me, I only won because on the last pokemon, Abomasnow, My Lopunny got lucky and got a critical hit on her return, which ko'ed Abomasnow.

Jiraiya
29th April 2007, 1:23 AM

thunderblade12
29th April 2007, 8:40 AM
i beat all the leaders with no trouble at all, the traps kinda got confusing at times though.

LyraDestiny
29th April 2007, 9:02 AM
I haven't had any trouble with the gyms so far, but I only have two badges, so we'll just see about it staying like that.

Theneedleman
29th April 2007, 4:08 PM
The third gym. Lucario is a beast.

Gribman92
29th April 2007, 4:16 PM
They are so easy I over train so much

TogeticTheRuler
29th April 2007, 4:18 PM
The 7th gym puzzle was annoying, but the leader was easy for someone who wears her skirt up in a cold , snowy place <.<!

The hardest gym leader was the 8th IMO, because that was when I began to be 3 levels underleveled, so... I ended up only in my 47`s when i reached the elite 4(Begins to find a perfect Roselia)

Ryan's Team
29th April 2007, 4:23 PM
it is all easy, is the E4 hard?

Spihp
29th April 2007, 4:42 PM
for me i only had trouble with the 3rd gym

im using staravia dumb lucario killed me and i killed it later on .... with luxio XD

Sapphire Phoenix
29th April 2007, 5:35 PM
Now I had problems with the second gym. Her Roserade killed my Luxio before I could Ko it.

CharizardMaster
29th April 2007, 6:08 PM
The ghost gym was the most difficult. Confuse ray always made my pokemon attack itself.

albert2006xp
29th April 2007, 7:57 PM
Third gym's Lucario was hard to beat by a bunch of level 23-25s :P

My savior was my level 23 ponyta with fire blast :P lucky hits though ,Bone rush missed.

ground tamer
29th April 2007, 9:34 PM
my hardest gym was the 1st gym. My Priplup couldn't beat his onix and my starly couldn't stall very well

Skiks
29th April 2007, 9:36 PM
Nothing was hard really.

kronos
29th April 2007, 9:46 PM
Nothing was really "frustrating" but the 3rd gym's lucario was quite hard to beat.Still it wasn't frustrating.

haggis
29th April 2007, 9:47 PM
lets see...
1st gym: monferno kills everyone with mach punch
2nd gym: monferno kills everyone with flame wheel
3rd gym: staravia owns everyone (except lucario) with wing attack, monferno kills lucario with flame wheel
4th gym: luxray kills everyone with spark
5th gym: kadabra pwnage, then infernape ownage T_T
6th gym: infernape kills everyone with flame wheel/close combat
7th gym: see above
8th gym: lv33 graveler kills raichu (lol), infernape kills luxray and ambipom, and luxray kills octilery

5th gym was most frustrating...

fforrresstt
29th April 2007, 9:54 PM
First was easy i owned that guy
The second was somewhat hard. I only had grass, electric and rock with me. but i found and caught that ghost/flying pokemon beat roserade no problemo.
The third well i skipped the third and accidentally went to the fourth. I beat that guy first time easy.
The fourth that diry steel/fighting pokemon was soooooo annoying.
The fifth was suprisingly easy.( Golduck w/ psychic VERY NICE) Unlike the ghost pokemon gym in Gold/Silver/crystal
The sixth was hard unless you have torterra w/ earthquake and a good water pokemon w/ surf
Im on the seventh. I can get through all the ice pokemon its just that dumb metacham at the end!

DarthShadow
29th April 2007, 9:55 PM
None of the gyms really caused me too much of a promblem. The hardest for me thought had to be the third. I hated that darn Lucario.It kept fainting my best pokemon. Ironicaly I ended up beating the the darn thing with one of my weakest pokemon.

haggis
29th April 2007, 9:57 PM
why is everyone complaining about the silly lucario? a fighting/ground/fire attack can easily take it down it 2hits and it's not strong at all T_T

ShadowDragon16
29th April 2007, 10:00 PM
I am currently on the 8th gym, I have not lost a gym battle since the first one.

1st: Monferno killed Geodude and Onix with no damage, then got killed by Crainos. They my othger pokemon died, they a rechalenged him and won.
2nd: Monferno Killed all the trainers including the gym leader with Flame wheel alone.
3rd: Chingling and Starvia took down Machoke and Meditite, and Monderno killed lucario in one falme wheel.
4th: Infernape killed everybody with Close combat, with help from a Carnivine.
5th: Everybody died by Flame wheel.
6th: Infernape slayed everybody
7th: Infernape conquered all.

E.J.S
29th April 2007, 10:29 PM
I beasted everyone with my Empoleon except for Gardenia when it was a Piplup.

Shining Aggron
29th April 2007, 10:40 PM
Well I'm on my way to the 5th gym... I think that might give me trouble but the rest were really easy... I only got 3 pokemon that im training right now but still.

rocky505
29th April 2007, 10:48 PM
i had problems with fantina's gengar i only had two pokemon good against her my drifblim and kadabra gengar killed both of them but my monferno used flamewheel which was a critical hit(thank you god) i had trouble with byron aswell cause of that dumb bronzor it killed my monferno with a critical extransensory so it was up to my floatsel and roselia to beat steelix and bastiodon and i hate rest on that bastiodon who kept on restoring right when i nearly had him beat.

pokemondude
29th April 2007, 10:49 PM
The seventh. Her abomasnoiw was killer.

Konako
29th April 2007, 10:52 PM
I didn't find any gyms hard . . . . But I did find Gym 3 and 4 flustering to complete due to the traps or whatever you may call them.

Tabris
30th April 2007, 12:16 AM
None, apart from the first gym, my starter has always been 15 levels above the gym leaders highest. It's been constant OHKOs all the way, almost.

mewmew202
30th April 2007, 3:21 AM
The 7th gym was the hardest. I was frozen and then knocked out. Luckily I had revives. The puzzle annoyed me a lot. And my neighbor didn't save after the puzzle was solved so I would be lost if I hadn't won just barely. I hate ice type gyms.

DeathDjango
30th April 2007, 3:28 AM
Believe me, my 5 pokes are around the thirty-fives, and I still havent beaten the 3rd Gym :P

BillyBob15
30th April 2007, 7:06 AM
I've been all right with all gyms , except third...I always seem to catch and raise one poke for a gym. My Turtwig took the first down easily. I caught a ponyta and easily took down the second one. I caught a staravia for the third but the lucario beat me down so hard that I gave up and walked around till I found the forth gym which I raised my pokes there to finally beat that *fill in the blank* Lucario. I just went to the fifth and saved and played around because I knew I wasn't ready. Since my grotle and luxio had bite I actually easily beat her first time. Beat 6th with a monferno I got on GTS and now I'm at #7. I don't get the puzzle though...

Pochaki
30th April 2007, 8:06 AM
as long as you have good pokemon against the types at the gym, it wasn't too troublesome for me....but I have the say the ice-type (7th?) gym leader was hard to beat, especially the Gyarados...can't believe 'dragon rage' could be this powerful. xD

dj 300
30th April 2007, 8:26 AM
I only had trouble with the 7th and 8th gyms because those puzzle where really hard.

donovantxeevee
30th April 2007, 8:33 AM
found all the gyms pretty eazy elite four stumped me once

miraiyouko
30th April 2007, 9:03 AM
So far... the third gym was harder than the others. Mainly because Lucario kept doing Force Palm. Luckily I had my Mukkubird with Aerial Ace. All the others have been surprisingly easy. Only one more badge to go!

Munchlax66
30th April 2007, 9:15 AM
I underestimated Denji and his Luxray. I never thought its Charge Beamcan actuallyh put a dent in my Pokemon. Then again my team was underleveled.

Same with Byron, his Bastiodon was pretty evil with the fact that his actual Take Down was powerful (despite low attack stat), especially after a boost from Ancientpower. Then again, underleveled.

Darkraid
30th April 2007, 11:23 AM
I think the gyms are pretty easy this time around. I only had a little problem with the relic badge though cause i didn't have a dark type.

But the E4 is hard! The 1st 2 was pretty easy but the rest were tough especially when the used earthquake. I've always thought Flint was a pushover.

alzzy126
30th April 2007, 11:35 AM
HAHAHA some one actually had trouble with 2nd gym

1st i used Grotle kick***
2nd Ponyta
3rd Torterra, Ponyta, Rampardos and Buizel
4th Luxray Double kick*** and Torterra
5th all of above + Drifblim
6th Rapidash and Torterra Named TOR
7th Rapidash and Alakazam I kicked ***
8th Luxray and Torterra and Rampardos (Quite Easy considering they were all lvl 50)
Elite 4 all of the above - Alakazam

I owned

the only hard one would be ghost lady grrr she pwned mah Torterra

'nough said

Izyan7
30th April 2007, 12:35 PM
Candice was pretty tough, btw did anyone else think that the Gyms we're a little weaker compared to other gens, if anything the Elite 4 was alot harder than usual.

Btw I was playing a friend's copy of Diamond since I dont have my own copy of Pearl yet but he made a pretty good team.

Stiker
30th April 2007, 1:42 PM
Well I'm on the 6th gym i beat it last night, So far i have beaten everyone in the gym (Trainers) And still been able to beat the gym leader.
I have:
level 34 Turttig final evo (Idk what hes called)
Lvl 35 garidoes
level 28 Ponyta
Level 35 Kazam
Those are the only four i use......I have an Exp share on my nactowl and its level 34 or so but i don't use him unless i need to (Match-ups)
So yeah games kinda easy.....I'm 20 hours in lol....

Zaraze
30th April 2007, 1:52 PM
1st-Turtwig ownage!
2nd-Murkrow ownage!
3rd-Drifloon ownage until Lucario were Shellos onage!
4th-Murkrow owns Gyarados, Grotle owns other 2.
5th-Drifblim ownage (Murkrow against Gengar)
6th-Torterra ownage!
7th-Bronzong ownage!

3rd was hardest gym leader for me. Hardest gym was 7th, damn snowball maze.

Asukura
30th April 2007, 2:18 PM
Hm... i have to say the last one gave me a little bit of trouble. He kept getting alot of critical.

honey_clover112
2nd May 2007, 11:48 AM
Why does people say that the hardest starter is Piplup? It's not, actually.

Well then..
Roark - I chose Piplup.

Gardenia - Prinplup pecked and pecked.

Maylene - The same with Gardenia

Crasher Wake - I had a Luxio. But it was a little hard. And just pecked. Again. With Prinplup.

Fantina - Easy. Brine, brine, aqua jet....

Byron - Nothing special.

Candice - I hated this gym cuz' of Hail. But I beat it cuz' Empoleon pecked Abomasnow, the one using Avalanche and then another avalanche....my gawd...the most annoying.

;006;

ShadowDragon16
2nd May 2007, 8:13 PM
I never lost in all the gyms, only the first one when his Cranios took out my monferno with one headbutt attack. I went back and killed them all.

Monferno and Chatot killed the second
Monferno, Mukubird, and Chingning killed the 3rd. (Lucario was easy, it only took one flame wheel to take it down)
Infernape, Cranivine, and Floatzel took down the water types.
Infernape alone took down the ghost types.
Infernape, Mukubird, and Glameow took down the 6th gym.
Infernape and Abamosnow took down the Ice types.
Infernape, Lucario, and Palkia finished the 8th.

Now off to the Elite 4.

Gribman92
2nd May 2007, 10:07 PM
Here how it has gone for me so far
1: Manaphy owned
2: Monferno owned
3. Rampardos
4. Luxray
5. Luxray
6. Infernape
7. Infernape

Drkecho
3rd May 2007, 2:07 AM
3rd Gym Lucario beat the **** out of my team even Haunter fainted which I was really suprised

the_w0lf
3rd May 2007, 2:12 AM
Luckily, I havent had trouble with any gyms so far. The third gym was a tad tricky since Luxio did little damage and Prinplup was easily knocked out but Meditite proved real useful. I only have 6 badges mind you, and alot of people are saying 7/8 are pretty hard so I'm not going to assume I'll have no trouble from here on out. Hopefully I won't, I have a pretty decent team.

Draknir
3rd May 2007, 2:21 AM
The Third Gym, only because my Staravia fainted, but I won when it Evolved, and I won't trade it for the world(It beat 75% of the E4 at Lv.51!).

wiiarepokemonDP
3rd May 2007, 2:25 AM
it wa he 5th i got ko'ed by gengar...

Seigfried
3rd May 2007, 2:32 AM
Most gyms were easy

First:My Moferno owned him
Second:Monferno again owned
Third:Infernape owned
Fourth:Luxray owned here
Fifth:Luxray and his cruch owned
Sixth:Infernape owned
Seventh:Infernape owned
Eighth:Garchomp owned

Sam the man
3rd May 2007, 2:55 AM
I beat all the gyms with just a piplup and a shinx, but i always was 8 lvls above all the leaders since i only used those two pokemons. no gym leader was hard really.

Im yet to find a challenge like misty of the first red game D:

King_Dialga
4th May 2007, 1:03 AM
The second gym. My fire-type and flying-type pokemon wouldn't listen to me. I was going to lose the second I used that Chatot and Chimchar.

gotiloco
4th May 2007, 1:48 AM
MEH! the seventh one... those snowballs are shocked full of EEEEViiLNEzZ!
and the lucario of the third gym.... *shivers* the first time my poor prinplup fainted :(

Dragetre
4th May 2007, 3:44 AM
None of the gyms were actually hard for me at all. I purposely planned out a great team in order to take out the Gym Leaders, Elite 4, and Rivals.
-Dragetre

E.J.S
4th May 2007, 4:05 AM
Dudes, seriously, Gardenia and her Roserade is pure, 100%, evil...it takes me so long to beat her and out of anger I always think the game is cheating even though it isn't.

RedAce
4th May 2007, 4:49 AM
So far, Fantima has been the worst. She knocked out 3 of my Pokemon with her first.

DemonSpawn
4th May 2007, 6:31 AM
Wow, to me all the gyms went down in the first try easy. Torterra is extremely useful.

Aptenodytes
4th May 2007, 6:42 AM
Actually, all the gyms were quite easy for me, even though all my Pokemon were at least four to six levels below the gym leader's strongest Pokemon. I only lost once, to the third gym leader, because I was focusing on training a weak Magikarp instead of trying to win.

Poke'Blaze
4th May 2007, 6:48 AM
I don't like the grass gym.

firehead13
4th May 2007, 7:18 AM
I haven't lost once to a gym leader yet

1st gym- I used budew
2nd gym- I used monferno and staravia
3rd gym- I used staravia and monferno
4th gym- I used roselia and luxio/luxray (it evolved)
5th gym- I used luxray (it knew bite), roselia (it knows shadow ball) luxray also knew shockwave for driblim/drifloom
6th gym- I used monferno/infernape (it evolved right after the gym battle) and azumarill

almost at 7th gym

Arbok
4th May 2007, 12:29 PM
I defeated them all in one time, but the seventh gym leader was hard. I used 20 revives and potions or something.

But, I have to admit, the eight gym was VERY simple. I didn't got ANY DAMAGE.
Raichu - Earthquake, Torterra
Ambipom - Close Combat, Staraptor
Octillery - Petal Dance, Roserade
Luxray - 2 times Earthquake, Torterra, while Luxray was doing a move that didn't gave me any damage.

metalx42
4th May 2007, 12:48 PM
none really ihad a good team set up and bet each gym leader first time but puzzle wize the ice gym was evil and i had a few probs with the gym leader

Metal Force
4th May 2007, 1:11 PM
The water GYM, Crusher Wake's Floatzel annoyed me, because I had a roselia and tried to knock it and it kept using ice fang, but I knocked him evntualy with the help of Staraptor :).

Myzou
4th May 2007, 1:55 PM
I had trouble with the last one, the variety of types he had was astounding, and getting to him was just plain annoying XD

Emerald 2006
4th May 2007, 3:38 PM
Snowpoint City. I never needed any fire types b4 now! And now I gotta take a stupid ponyta and level it up. Thank God I got TM 35 Flamethrower for it!
At least the rest of my team is ready.
Current team;

Ponyta LV 26
Staraptor Lv 38
Torterra Lv 38
Lucario Lv 38
Floatzel Lv 40
Pachirisu Lv 41

Princess Reina
4th May 2007, 8:07 PM
I had small troubles with the 3rd one. Two first pokemon were easy but Lucario gave me a kick.

Emerald 2000, you dont have to have fire pokemon if you want to beat Candice. I had no fire pokemon and I beat her without problems.

Max204
4th May 2007, 8:17 PM
Snowpoint City. I never needed any fire types b4 now! And now I gotta take a stupid ponyta and level it up. Thank God I got TM 35 Flamethrower for it!
At least the rest of my team is ready.
Current team;

Ponyta LV 26
Staraptor Lv 38
Torterra Lv 38
Lucario Lv 38
Floatzel Lv 40
Pachirisu Lv 41

You don't need Ponyta. Use Lucario. Fighting>Ice

jolteonjak
4th May 2007, 8:43 PM
When I first got the game, I was having a lot of trouble with Lucario in the third gym. I also had issues with the Quagsire in the fourth, since I didn't have any grass attacks.

So I learned from my troubles and prepared for my English trip. Suffice it to say, I didn't have any problems. I even was able to stick to my usual way of playing where I match up the number of Pokes I use against the leaders' (3 v 3, 4 v 4).

As for getting to the gym leaders...the last two were tough for me because I couldn't figure out how to break some of the final snowballs, and that last configuration of gears.

WishIhadaManafi5
4th May 2007, 9:00 PM
The 4th gym was kind of hard to beat... I went and faced off against the Fighting-type gym leader... wow, was she hard to beat...

Michii
5th May 2007, 3:00 PM
I omly have 2 badges, but I lost the first gym because of Roark's Dosaidos. Its headbut killed me D=

Saph
6th May 2007, 1:39 PM
The hail in the 7th gym was annoying.

diamondpearl876
7th May 2007, 4:43 AM
I've only gotten four gym badges, but Fantina in Hearthome City knocked out all Pokemon except my Luxray, I believe.. Sad, I know :P

kogawolfman
7th May 2007, 7:04 AM
I thought all the gyms were pretty easy to solve the puzzles and defeat the gymleaders. I'm pretty good with puzzles and have the patience for them. Then I just had to come prepared for the battle.

Sarah:)
7th May 2007, 12:43 PM
The first gym was worst for me, I picked Chimchar and has problems beating all the rock pokemon, but then the second gma was easy :D

Just used Chimchar and he still had full health at the end off battling everyone in the gym :D

DennikinC
7th May 2007, 1:41 PM
The third gym!

Lucario is EVIL,I tell you! evil!

tyroto411
7th May 2007, 4:39 PM
Surprisingly none so far, I just beat the fifth gym about 10 minutes ago.

Mr... Meowth
7th May 2007, 5:48 PM
Crasher/Crusher Wake's gym frustrated me. Not because it was hard, but because it was EXTREMELY easy. I favor water Pokemon myself and to find that I wasn't given a challenge there, angered me. None of my Pokemon fainted at all in the gym. Also, the Mine Badge was easy to get.

Golden.x.Rukushio
7th May 2007, 8:24 PM
Uhh... none of them?

They were all stupidly easy, although the odd Pokemon was hard to beat- Lucario and Mismagius basically- if you had the right type advantage, it was simple. T'was a little annoying that were all so easy.

Same with the E4, I just got all the way to Lucian's Alakazam, his last critter, and I had very little trouble with the previous Pokemon. Hippowdon was a bit difficult, but the rest... simple.

Of course, I got owned by Alakazam. I did only have one left myself anyway D:

Koga316
8th May 2007, 7:51 PM
The eight gets on my nerves and I'm still stuck inside!

starwiz101
9th May 2007, 3:12 AM
Any Gym that has grass or electric

ShadowDragon16
9th May 2007, 4:43 AM
The elite 4 and the champion was the most stressfull battle out of all. I used about 19 hyper potions, 9 Revives, and other items. I revived Palkia about 7 times, everybody else was fained, all I had left at the end was my Infernape with only 11 hp left.

Vespiking
9th May 2007, 4:51 AM
None i beat all them first try!

Sparkleo
9th May 2007, 7:49 PM
I found Eterna's Gym the most frustrating, but maybe because I was using the wrong type of pokemon.

I did manage to pull through the third time though.

squirtle_123
9th May 2007, 8:02 PM
All of the gyms are easy and those of you who will eventualy go to the pokemon leage you dont have to train much same with the gyms

Cranidos11
9th May 2007, 8:04 PM
The first gym was worst for me, I picked Chimchar and has problems beating all the rock pokemon, but then the second gma was easy :D

Just used Chimchar and he still had full health at the end off battling everyone in the gym :D

How could you have problems with the rock guys and picking chimchar, just evolve it and use Mach Punch. My Monfernape wiped the floor with every gym, minus the water gym, which my electic took on ( don't remember what phase in the evolutionary chain my Luxray was at, but it kicked butt! Charge, then Thunder kills everything but that stupid catfish, which crunch worked well on, just gotta be faster and make it flinch/paralyzed)

The E4 was easy, all my guys were lvl 50 and i moped the floor with them all, only slight problem was with the ground guys, how does a hippo kill a dragon, BS I declare BS with that one!

I have yet to lose to anyone, working on building my eevee evo army, but I only have the Umbreon right now ( lvl 77 and untouchable by anything in the game I have faced)

i am the chosen one
9th May 2007, 9:09 PM
I had no problems with the first.
The second was heck for me. I had nothing good against grass types.. So it was pretty difficult.
The third was surprisingly easy. Lucario was nowhere near as strong as I was expecting it to be.
The fourth was very easy. I only had slight trouble with Gyarados. But Floatzel was EASY. I took it down in two hits..

I'm about to face the 5th right now.. Ghosts. Hopefully it won't be too difficult.

how do you get to her, the man says she still not there! Could you help please?

Redeevee
9th May 2007, 9:25 PM
It took me a long time to get to candice...but that battle was fairly quick. All my battles were fairly short. I saved in front of them and turned it off/on a few times. The most was probably either Maylene and Volkner.

Kyaku
9th May 2007, 9:34 PM
My Chatot got beat in the second gym. Only because she was under-leveled.

ugh first aid
9th May 2007, 10:41 PM
I found the 6th and 5th gym a little tricky to be honest

DeathDjango
10th May 2007, 12:08 AM
The 8th was amazing! What a battle with the Gym Leader. It was very good. Took me 15 minutes to beat which is a lot. The puzzle was tricky too.

Dimentio
10th May 2007, 12:44 AM
The seventh gym was prolly the hardest gym to get through (Minus battling, I mean the puzzle), which really says a lot seeing as I blast through every other gym I go through. Candice's battle was tough, but only because I had a team of 5 underleveled Pokemon, and none could counter Ice. XD

Canis Lupus
10th May 2007, 1:47 AM
As for battling toughness- Fantina. She was pretty hard to beat.
For the puzzle- Candace. It took me a couple tries to get it down.

shdw_strkr
10th May 2007, 8:31 AM
i found all of the gyms easy, even the e4, infernape beat all the gyms by itself then it and palkia ganged up to take down the e4. (infernape was lv 71 when i finished the game, 15 hours 53 minutes.)

Almighty Zard
10th May 2007, 8:37 AM
puzzle wise i'd have to go with the seventh, leader wise they were all lame then again i got carried away with training since my guys were siting at level 60 by the time i got to the seventh one.

Storm the Red
10th May 2007, 9:21 AM
For me, the only thing that gave me any trouble was Candace's puzzle, but beating her was easy due to a Floatzel with Rock Tomb. I literally got a headache from the puzzle and had to give the game to my brother >>;

Though the fighting gym was interesting... everone was wishing me luck against Rukario but I beat it EASY with Leech Seed O.o

LUK3
10th May 2007, 9:34 AM
For me, the only thing that gave me any trouble was Candace's puzzle, but beating her was easy due to a Floatzel with Rock Tomb. I literally got a headache from the puzzle and had to give the game to my brother >>;

Though the fighting gym was interesting... everone was wishing me luck against Rukario but I beat it EASY with Leech Seed O.o

Lol,pretty much the same damn puzzle took me ages evil puzzle

*infamous94*
10th May 2007, 10:17 AM
1st Gym: Easy. Grotle+Razor Leaf=PWNage.
2nd Gym: Another easy one. Staravia took it out with Aerial Ace.
3rd Gym: Staraptor easily took out Meditite and Machoke. Toreterra took out Lucario with Earthquake.
4th Gym: Luxray and Torterra teamed up for this one. Owned this gym.
5th Gym: Floatzel, Luxray, and Torterra killed it with Bite and Crunch.
6th Gym: No story. Floatzel OHKOed everyone with Surf.
7th Gym: Whooooo. Medicham took out most of them. He was killed by Abomasnow. Staraptor was able to beat it though.
8th Gym: Torterra knows Earthquake. End of story.

Currently at Victory Road.

DSRGBA
10th May 2007, 10:25 AM
8th Gym: Torterra knows Earthquake. End of story.

yeah lol

i dont know how but the last part of the 8th gym puzzle was confusing, in the 1st gym i had bother with the headbutt, but as soon as turtwig learned razor leaf it was easy.

Storm the Red
10th May 2007, 11:31 AM
Lol,pretty much the same damn puzzle took me ages evil puzzle
lol. Yeah. Not as evil as a particular Strength boulder part in RS that, even though was SUPER EASY, took me ages to solve and I ended up throwing the GBA in frustration and I have a crack in my Sapphire cart to prove it. Even when I literally sat down with graph paper and drew out the entire room, I still couldn't pull it off.

DarkfireAbsol
10th May 2007, 12:08 PM
well i am up to the 7th gym and they were all pie with my staraptor, and my turtwig the final gym is electric so i will win it easy and so far the puzzles have been realy easy, i go through the ice gym in only about 10 minutes in all including battles i used used close combat the gyms werent realy well thought out in my opineon i dont even feel like i have chalenged a real gym yet

GYM. 1 = Turtwig.
GYM. 2 = Starava.
GYM. 3 = Starly, Ponyta.
GYM. 4 = Grotle, Pachirisu.
GYM. 5 = Starava, Grotle, Pachirisu.
GYM. 6 = Staraptor, Ponyta.
GYM. 7 = Staraptor.

i would say the hardest had to be the fourth gym because the lucareo kept beating me but i only had to go back once to win, the first time i dident know she had a steel type :D now i am bored so i am slowly wandering through the evil HQ

HoagiethePokeBreeder
10th May 2007, 12:39 PM
I was able to beat the gym leaders on my first try, but the Snowpoint and the Sunyshore puzzles had me confused for a long time.

Adventurous
10th May 2007, 5:30 PM
The only time I had any sort of trouble in any of the gyms was in the Grass gym and the fighting gym. At the grass gym, I ran into a bit of bad luck. I was being repeatedly critical hitted by razor leaf and found out that my water attack was doing more damage than peck.(I also didn't feel like healing my pokemon before the battle either at the time. lol) My Prinplup evolved into Empoleon before the 3rd gym, but the gym leader was easy. The problem there was one of the trainers happened to have a machoke that survived with 1hp and used some sort of revenge move that OHKO'd my Empoleon. Really my problems tend to be luck based. (or Bronzong having a full restore used on it after 2 calm minds) None of the gym puzzles were actually challenging to me, but I did enjoy trying to battle all the trainers in the ice gym. XD

Werewolf
10th May 2007, 6:35 PM
The Ice one, but only 'coz I was using my Torterra. The Bug E4 guy was pretty annoying, too...I only really raise 1 pkmn until after the league.

Hauntershadow92
10th May 2007, 11:54 PM
I haven't challenged it yet, but the fifth gym will definatley be a problem since i don't have a Spiritomb, I am training a Gastly but he is at level 7

jorsian
11th May 2007, 12:08 AM
So far i'm at the 5th gym, (the ghost one) I don't have any dark or ghost pokemon, but i got to the gym learder. The hardest one for me was probably The water one because i had to rebattle once.

Fireboy3000
11th May 2007, 12:10 AM
The hardest gym was definitely the 6th.
It took me forever to win the first battle!

shdw_strkr
11th May 2007, 3:19 AM
lol. Yeah. Not as evil as a particular Strength boulder part in RS that, even though was SUPER EASY, took me ages to solve and I ended up throwing the GBA in frustration and I have a crack in my Sapphire cart to prove it. Even when I literally sat down with graph paper and drew out the entire room, I still couldn't pull it off.

I know the one, i think i better warn you in advance they've partially reused that one, altough it ain't quite as big.

XDarkRaiX
11th May 2007, 2:56 PM

Roserade is evil EVIL!

Yeah when I was playing this was the one gym I didn't beat on the first try. I had my Prinplup and Luxio both 7-8 levels higher and the Roserade was still owning me and my other pokemon werent a major help either they were a Kricketune, Ponyta but a very low leveled one, Zubat, and Bidoof so it took me a while, the third gym wasn't very diffucult for me as others said I was expecting Lucario to much better then it was

gangsta
11th May 2007, 11:44 PM
that puzzle in the 7th gym is RIDICULOUS! god, i spent a good 2 hours on that. i hate puzzles of all sorts, so whenever i have to do them, more than likely i will spend forever on them...

all the gyms have been easy in retrospect, but i've had those "oh ****" moments. candice's medicham is a beast, so i'm glad i knocked it out quickly. they gym leaders are definitely harder than the past generations, but that doesn't say much...

lucario + close combat + byron's gym = sweepsweepsweeeep

Hejiru
12th May 2007, 4:56 AM
The 3rd gym. That Lucario was unbeatable! (But now I have my own!!! :))
The 6th gym was a cinch, though.

Brockness Monster
12th May 2007, 5:02 AM
i wouldn't really say that any of them had me frustrated. if i had to pick though i would have to say the puzzles in the 7th and 8th gyms.

XSilverStarboyX
12th May 2007, 5:10 AM
The only one that has really given me troubles was the third. I had an ok time with all the other ones. the 4th one was the easiest;152;

Raccario
12th May 2007, 5:54 AM
I hate the 4th Gym, getting to Crasher Wake is hard!!!

st.croixerican
12th May 2007, 8:05 AM
The only gym them that made me mad was the seven and eight one. It took me a while to level up my pokemon and then their puzzels.

KyonKyon
12th May 2007, 11:01 AM
umm

first was easy with piplup doing the work
second was easy with staravia
third was won by a critical shot, so I didnt struggle :P
forth was easy with luxray
fifth was no struggle

bwahahaha I R INVINCIBUBBLE o.o

Mamoswine Power
12th May 2007, 12:02 PM
the only gym that i found overly hard was the 3rd one but i did find the puzzle of the 8th gym quite hard

toomish
12th May 2007, 2:08 PM
With Torterra, at least half of those gyms could be swept by it.

1st: Turtwig pwnage
2nd: Staravia pwnage
3rd: Slightly hard, since Staravia was underlevelled and Lucario was spamming Drain Punch. Forgot how I defeated Maylene on like... second try.
4th: Torterra ftw, Gyarados only slightly hard.
5th: Hard, since I was underlevelled, like 3 levels below her highest level, Mismagius? But I pulled through somehow on the first try. Took quite long.
6th: Zzz. Torterra.
7th: I forget. I think it had something to do with Staraptor and Close Combat.
8th: Zzz. Torterra.

Wow, I defeated all the gyms either with Staraptor or Torterra as the main attackers. But I assure you that my team is balanced, with five (soon to be six) equally levelled Pokemon. It's just that Staraptor/Torterra were really usable!

SpriterRs!
12th May 2007, 2:12 PM
The 3rd was stupid! The Puzzle....

kooldudey60
12th May 2007, 2:20 PM
The sixth.I mean,look.Torterra against Bronzor just don't mix.

Washu
13th May 2007, 1:54 AM
roserade is very very evil

all the others where kinda easy except the fighting

ScytheCGC
13th May 2007, 3:06 AM
None of them gave me any trouble o.o, I beat them on the first try with ease <.<.

-Scythe

FireEmblemAddict
13th May 2007, 1:25 PM
All of the puzzles were easy for me, however I almost lost to the seventh gym with six Pokemon level 46. ><

Pete the Unstoppable
13th May 2007, 1:30 PM
I had a little bit of trouble beating that steel guy, I raised only 1 Pokemon to battle until I beat game so I wouldn't screw up EVs, my Staraptor (crappy nature, haven't raised good nature yet), that Lucario was no prob, OHKO'd it with Close Combat. 7th and 8th mazes were hell, I was thinking to myself (oh my ****ing god, what the hell was nintendo thinking). Yeah, so gyms were pretty easy except for mazes, I was litterally pulling my hair.

shadow_latias
13th May 2007, 2:00 PM
In the 7th Gym, I know it's an Ice Type gym becasue I picked Turtwig as my starter, and Torterra is x4 weak of Ice becasue it's ground/grass, I was frustrating that I almost hit my DS.

Darkraid
13th May 2007, 2:16 PM
Haha with all three starters, the gyms were a breeze.
Only for the relic badge though because i didn't have a dark type with me, I only had pokemon with dark moves

the puzzles were easy though

Azure Wolf
13th May 2007, 2:24 PM
7th Gym got me a bit.

Tanker
13th May 2007, 2:43 PM
I beat all of the gyms pretty eisily. Infernape pwns. Anyway, in the last gym, I hated the stupid puzzle.

Rensch
13th May 2007, 2:52 PM
I only had a little trouble with Maylene's Lucario. But if you have a diverse team, none of the Gym Leaders should be to hard.

Storm the Red
14th May 2007, 4:51 PM
I know the one, i think i better warn you in advance they've partially reused that one, altough it ain't quite as big.
No, the puzzle I'm talking about is about 6 boulders. It's in a confined space. I can't remember for the good of me the name of the cave it's in, I'm thinking the place you catch Kyogre/Groudon for some reason. I'll find out when I get home, as my R/S player's guide has scribbles all over the map from when I tried finding a path. It got so badly scratched out I had to redraw it on graph paper >.>

The 3rd gym. That Lucario was unbeatable! (But now I have my own!!! :))
The 6th gym was a cinch, though.
lol I used my Roselia's Leech Seed to beat that gym. I didn't hardly need Kadabra, XD

nubinator
14th May 2007, 4:55 PM
The Ice Gym was the hardest for me, I knew what to-do. But I could'nt break those damn snowballs.

soadrocker856
14th May 2007, 5:01 PM
No gym really had me frustrated, I took a day off of school to play pokemon and I was stuck at the ice gym maze, but I solved it alright.

Atomic Boo
Not so much frustrated as made me have to actually train a bit beforehand, Kandice's gym.

ludicolo_kid
They were all easy.

K-flygon
15th May 2007, 12:29 PM
the first gym.... grrrrrr.. stupid rock types..

Mario with Lasers
15th May 2007, 9:20 PM
Roark's Cranidos is evil.
Gardenia's Roserade is EVIL.
[That girl]'s Lucario is meh.
Wake's Floatzel is so-so evil.
Fantina's Mismagius and Drifblim are PURE EVIL.
Byron's Steelix is NOT FUNNY DUDE.
Candice's Weavile is kinda...dangerous.
Volkner's Luxray is an annoying beast. FACT.

But the most dangerous NPC pokémon (I think) is Cynthia's Lucario. Well, my pokémons were all lv.48~lv.51, so...

EtchaSketch
15th May 2007, 9:33 PM
The gyms for me were pretty easy. I had Alakazam, Staraptor, Torterra, Luxray, and eventually a Garchomp and Lucario.

By the time I had to fight the third gym, I OHKO'd Maylene(?)'s Lucario with a Focus Blast. :] But for the most part my team was always well ahead of all the others in terms of levels. The Elite Four gave me troubles, but I eventually blasted through them with a buttload of Hyper Potions and Revives. My fight with Cynthia was pretty intense, trying to finish the game with out my teacher noticing...

K-flygon
16th May 2007, 7:37 AM
^ nice pokemon!! no wonder you beat them so esily...

Storm the Red
16th May 2007, 4:12 PM
I had for the majority of the gyms, Torterra, Luxray, Alakazam, Machamp, Roselia, and Floatzel. After I had the chance to catch them, I also temporarily had Snover, but replaced it with a Sneasel. That took Roselia's spot. And Machamp replaced by Heracross.

No, I still haven't challenged the E4, half of my team is 10+ levels behind!

Offtopic: I wish Ice Punch was a TM!

Pkmn Breeder Jack
16th May 2007, 5:50 PM
I had no problem beating the leaders, but Volkner's gears were annoying. Everything else was easy imo.

Renalia
16th May 2007, 6:27 PM
But the most dangerous NPC pokémon (I think) is Cynthia's Lucario.

HATE HATE HATE THAT LUCARIO!!

Oh god it was a horrible time trying to kill that with my team of level 50s. None of my stuff could take more than one hit from him and nothing I had was faster. And then when I had him in the red and about to die from one more tick of Toxic...

Cynthia used Full Restore! Gaaaaaaah.

Then the one time I ran out of PP for Waterfall against her Milotic. Lucky I had one Max Ether left. Spamming Waterfall against that Milotic FTW. Empoleon tanks her like a pro, and you can't Mirror Coat Waterfall. :P That battle took forever and a day though. I swear it was at least three hours from the time I went into the E4 to the time I finally got to the Hall of Fame. Cynthia is a beast. Although I was just as ****** at Lucian's Bronzong. That thing was a tank.

Blaze9
16th May 2007, 6:36 PM
That Bronzong is particularly annoying especially when it's sent out second after Mr. Mime and just delays the whole time, my whole team got wasted by it after ages of battling thus I was light on numbers when being against Medicham and Alakakzam etc. two pokemon that can cause very heavy damage with some of their attacks such as Psychic etc. Lucario wasn't all that bad although it took a few good Surf's off a Lv. 61 Empoleon. It's Earthquake and other moves were the worst, brutally leaving me nearly destroyed yet Empoleon stormed through to crown me Champion, praise the lord. Garchomp did nothing for me at all, didn't really give out much damage considering it's obviously higher level.

sceptile33
16th May 2007, 9:09 PM
Roark was incredibly easy. My naetle pwned them bad.
The grass leaders roserade was a little hard, and I don't remember how I beat it.
The fighting type girl wasn't challenging, and i don't know why.
Crasher wake was easy. the only two pokemon I had with me in the time (luxio and toterras pre-evolution) both OHKOed all his pokemon.
Fatina wasn't hard, cause all of my pokemon had bite or crunch.
Byron got owned by my torterras earthquake.
The ice gym leader was a little hard, cause I didn't heal my pokemon thinking that the snowballs would reset if i left the gym.
Volkner was the same as byron.

Excalibur
17th May 2007, 9:55 PM
The first, only because I expected it to be as easy as the Third Generation Gyms... The difficulty has increased a bit, which I'm glad to see.

LucarioSandslash
17th May 2007, 11:14 PM
Is the final gym with the wrench

LucarioSandslash
17th May 2007, 11:15 PM
Is the final gym with the wrench and the 7th with THOSE SNOWBALL i have almost take a full rage

Sunnie
18th May 2007, 5:17 AM
All the gyms were fairly easy - the only one I remember killing me was Maylene. That little girl was a tough cookie.
I beat the Elite Four in one go with a level 60-something Torterra and a level 40-something Staraptor, and a lot of healing xD; The last guy's Bronzor was HORRIBLE. I eventually beat it though... somehow...

Ophie
18th May 2007, 8:46 AM
The final gym is the one with the spinning gears. I don't recall any wrenches there except the ones held by the "Worker" trainers.

Maylene was the one I had the most trouble with. Meditite and Machoke were a piece of cake. When I took them both down without so much as losing 1/4 HP on the Staravia I used (my team was around Level 27 at that point), I underestimated her...and Lucario took out five members of my team and nearly took me out. I had no Revives. I learned to stock some, and the game got a bit easier after that.

Among Fantina's Pokémon though, I would put Gengar as her toughest. Mismagius doesn't handle Crunches from Luxray well, though Drifblim certainly required some strategy. I'm surprised how well the Drifblim movesets are for this game.

ΩOmega WeavileΩ
18th May 2007, 11:03 AM
the fourth gym had me stuck for a day or two. The fifth one was also relitivaly evil. Not really a gym battle, but Cyrus on Mt. Coronet was HORRIBLE.

_Aerodactyl_
18th May 2007, 1:56 PM
I hated the second gym leader! my stpid Turtwig couldn't beat her!!! >:(

dark rift
18th May 2007, 5:36 PM
the gyms were fine

but the last battles with team Galaxy were just GRRRRRRRRRRR
I had to raise my pokemon about 10 levals just for them!!!!!!!!!!!!

jecca-neko
18th May 2007, 5:44 PM
I've yet to have too much trouble with any gyms. The 7th gym leader was a little annoying with the snow puzzle and the Abomasnow that hit so hard, but I still beat the gym leader the first time I tried. However, I still haven't fought the 8th gym leader yet. I'll be doing that this weekend so we'll see how much trouble that is.

chikoo
19th May 2007, 5:58 AM
They all did. Damn you "Critical Hit" curse that's been following me around ever since Roxanne. Really though, it seems my luck keeps getting worse.

Shinyzubat
19th May 2007, 12:45 PM
I'm not so far yet. The first gym was a sweep for Turtwig, apart from Cranidos whic I managed to take out with Shinx and Zubat (Zubat had HP Water), but the second gym was HARD. I had a Grotle, Zubat, Staravia, Buizel and Luxio at the time. Cherubi was a breeze for Luxio, Turtwig for Staravia, but that Roserade...
My Staravia fainted in one hit. My Luxio and Grotle were destroyed. I had Zubat and Buizel left, I sent out Zubat and it OHKOed Roserade! But that Roserade is BAD.

Currently on the third gym's trainers. Training up Crobat for Maylene. I hope it isn't too difficult...

ShinyAipom
19th May 2007, 12:56 PM
None so far. Pwned 1st one with Piplup, 2nd one wtih Starvia, Major pwneg in the 3rd with Staraptor and the same with the 4th! Woah I went off topic!

Ujjay
19th May 2007, 1:29 PM
The first one, I had to switch from my magikarp to turtwig to win so my magikarp could level up.

Jhonny
19th May 2007, 1:40 PM
They were all pretty easy...not being a tit or anything.

Setsuzoku
19th May 2007, 2:08 PM

Roserade is evil EVIL!
Eh, I had a Staravia, so it was pretty easy. I somehow managed to get a type advantage over each leader, just with the 5 I caught near the beginning. So I wasn't really challenged til the Elite Four. Cynthia's TOUGH. @_@

Thanatos45
28th May 2007, 3:34 PM
LIGHT SPOILERS

I was more frustrated by the ease with which I defeated most gyms than I had trouble with them really... and I'm not saying this to brag. The 3rd and 5th gave me some trouble (Especially Lucario nearly got me but I managed to take it down in time) but the others were really easy. Turtwig owned the 1st gym, Staravia the 2nd (even Roserade didn't give me that much trouble thanks to Pluck), Torterra the 4th, Staraptor the 6th (OHKO'd Bastiodon with Close Combat... Staraptor really has a sick attack stat), Rapidash the 7th and again Torterra beat the 8th gym without much difficulty

The final battles with Team Galactic at the top of Mt. Coronet were much more challenging somehow... I nearly lost to Cyrus.

Curious how tough the E4 are going to be when I get there.

END SPOILERS