PDA

View Full Version : @@ Piberius's Questions @@

Piberius
23rd April 2007, 5:06 PM
I once learned that If you had an attack like say Fire Blast, and the user of that attack is a fire type like say Charizard, the attack would not have have 120 power but instead 1.5 times as powerful to equal 180. 180 is superior to hyper beam and it has no side effects. I am not sure if that only works with the special types like Fire, Water, Grass, Electr, Phychic, Ice, Dragon and Dark or all of them. For instance if I had my Hitmonchan use Focus Punch, would that do 225 power instead of 150?

Another thing when you raise a stat in battle, how much exactly does it improve and what about shaprly improving?

Please only answer if you are sure of it.

Kalosian
23rd April 2007, 5:11 PM
first question; yes, it does work so, and it's called STAB. it works on special attacks as well.

second question; one improve is by 50%, and 'sharply' improving is by 100%.

Nintendo Smasher
23rd April 2007, 5:12 PM
You can find it here (http://www.serebii.net/games/damage.shtml).

Piberius
23rd April 2007, 11:05 PM
So if I were to use Calm mind 12 times with my mewtwo he would temperarily have 999 sp att?

#Gecko#
24th April 2007, 4:00 AM
So if I were to use Calm mind 12 times with my mewtwo he would temperarily have 999 sp att?
No, cause you can raise your stats up to 400%(6 Calm Minds), but I think it reaches that high or higher

DarkPsychoBoost
26th April 2007, 9:36 AM
And thats why mewtwo is uber
999 sp atk + 999 sp def = p.w.n = r.i.p

Mikaruge84
26th April 2007, 11:39 AM
So that's what stab is. I've always wonder.

Incarnati0n
26th April 2007, 12:12 PM
but don't forget that dual types only get a 0.25 bonus.
example:
charmeleon uses fire blast.
120 * 1.5 = 180, because charmeleon is a fire type
charizard uses fire blast.
120 * 1.25 = 150, because charizard is fire/flying

and STAB works for special AND physical moves

milotic111
26th April 2007, 12:25 PM
Why should charizard only get a o.25 boost? Since when does flying lower a fire-attack? STAB is always a 0.5 boost, but some pokemon have 2 stab types.

Piberius
26th April 2007, 9:18 PM
Another thing, say my beastly Ursarang uses Hyper beam, because he is normal, does hyperbeam get boosted to 225?

Scepgatr
26th April 2007, 9:24 PM
Yes, Hyper Beam gets STAB. All damaging moves get STAB, except for moves with preset damage (Seismic Toss, Dragon Rage, etc.).

Incarnati0n
26th April 2007, 10:43 PM
i believe dual types only get a 0.25 bonus... i can remember it form the pokemon stadium 2 acadamy

*edit* sorry, i was wrong. ignore what i said

DON'T HURT ME ;_;

Piberius
27th April 2007, 12:03 AM
Seems weird that Normals would have STAB but alright. I guessing that Focus Punch is better though because it has the chance of being super effective and the enemy might not attack or they're most likely dead.

Is there a chart that list pokemon from highest of a certain stat to lowest?

Incarnati0n
27th April 2007, 10:00 AM
not from highest to lowest, but there is a top 5 somewhere at smogon, but i don't have the url

The Mighty Wurmple
27th April 2007, 10:42 AM
By the way, STAB means Same Type Attack Bonus, in case you didn't know.

Piberius
3rd May 2007, 4:13 AM
MORE QUESTIONS :)

1. So between my friend and I we have Emeral, Ruby, Fire and Leaf. Simple question can we complete national dex?

2. Say I used exp.share on my lv 5 larvitar through the Elite 4 and used the exp to get him to 100 with out a single battle on his part. Would this be bad? Why? Is there anything I can do about it if he is at like lv80?

ShinyManafi
3rd May 2007, 4:18 AM
MORE QUESTIONS :)

1. So between my friend and I we have Emeral, Ruby, Fire and Leaf. Simple question can we complete national dex?

You can, but to trade between them, in FR/LG, you need to fix the Network Machine and beat the E4 and recieve the National Dex. In Emerald, you need to beat the E4 for the National Dex.
2. Say I used exp.share on my lv 5 larvitar through the Elite 4 and used the exp to get him to 100 with out a single battle on his part. Would this be bad? Why? Is there anything I can do about it if he is at like lv80?
You can, but you won't be able to control the EVs very well. Unless all EVs are already maxed out.

Answers in bold.

milotic111
3rd May 2007, 12:17 PM
You can complete the dex except for Ho-oh, lugia, deoxy's, jirachi, mew, celebi. However you can get Ho-oh and lugia by buying XD and colloseum.

azuvipsel
3rd May 2007, 5:41 PM
You can complete the dex except for Ho-oh, lugia, deoxy's, jirachi, mew, celebi. However you can get Ho-oh and lugia by buying XD and colloseum.

I belief that Lunatone can only be caught on Saphire

sceptile33
4th May 2007, 1:02 AM
You'll need sapphire (lunatone), XD(lugia), and colloseum(Ho-oh) to complete the pokedex. Except for mew, celebi, and deoxys. As of right now they cannot be found anywhere in any game.

Piberius
4th May 2007, 2:01 AM
Alright, I am still confused on EVs. Could some one explain it in the way that a six year old could explain and give examples?

I've beat the Elite Four on both Emerald and Fire both min of 30 times if that helps?

Piberius
4th May 2007, 2:06 AM
I am still confused on the EVs. Could some one explain how they work in detail so that a six year old could understand?

I defeated the Elite Four min of 30 times for both Emerald and Fire if that helps.

Kowbrainz
4th May 2007, 4:55 AM
EVs are what determines your Pokemon's stats when it hits Lv 100. They're there so that pokemon aren't alike, so that pokemon of the same species can differ.

Basically, all pokemon in the wild give off Effort Values, or EVs when you defeat them. Depending on what their dominant stat is, you will get certain and sometimes multiple EVs from that pokemon.

EG I catch a Pidgey and train it against one Rattata. The rattata gives 1 EV in speed, so that is added to my EVs.

Problem is, you can only get a maximum of 510 EVs in total, and a maximum of 255 in a stat. To max out a stat, you train a pokemon so that it gets 255 EVs in that stat. For example if I wanted to max out my pidgey's speed, I'd train against 255 Rattatas.

-- Every 4 EVs you get will amount to one extra point in that stat when you reach level 100. It DOES NOT necessarily mean that your pokemon will recieve an immediate noticeable stat change, however you will notice the difference to a non-EV trained pokemon when you reach Lv 100. --

Once you have recieved all 510 EVs, your pokemon will no longer recieve EVs and its stats will go up according to the EVs it obtained in its early training.

Easier ways to fill up your EVs - Vitamins... Vitamins (eg Carbos, Calcium etc) give 10 EVs to the stat they work on HOWEVER they cannot be used once that stat has gone over 100 EVs. Nor can they be used more than 10 times. You can also only give a pokemon a total of 51 vitamins (eg 10 for all normal stats and 1 in HP)

Macho Brace and Pokerus increase the amount of EVs you recieve from from wild pokemon by 2, and both can be used together. Say, if the Pidgey I caught had Pokerus, and I gave it a Macho Brace to hold, then if it defeated a Rattata I would get 4 speed EVs instead of the usual 1.

Hope I helped...