PDA

View Full Version : Milotic

Fallen Monk Zanba
24th April 2007, 9:17 AM
Not terribly sure if this goes here...
It is about my apprentice's Milotic in Emerald.
I do apologize if it is the wrong section.

Recently, she gave me the choice between of Ice Beam and Hydro Pump.
If I remember correctly, it is holding Shell Bell,
if not, than it is holding Leftovers.
No other moves have been selected for it, thusfar.
Now, my question is, what technique should it learn between the two?

Thank you (all) in advance,
as my computer most likely will not allow me to respond too much.

Scepgatr
24th April 2007, 12:38 PM
Don't worry too much about the apprentice's Pokémons. Milotic can learn Surf, however, the apprentice may not provide the option to select Surf, so you should suggest Hydro Pump. But, if she does provide Surf as an option next time, then it would have been best to give it Ice Beam today. Thus its hard to say which moves are best, since we don't know what are all the possible options. So, you may choose either one.

I personally choose movesets in way that doesn't allow them victory over my taem. This basically ensures at least a few easy wins as you go through the Tower.

Vaporeon4evr
24th April 2007, 11:10 PM
I think you're right. This doesn't belong on this forum. This is a rate YOUR team forum, not a "rate your apprentice" forum. However, there was once a thread involving the worst movesets you gave your apprentice. To answer your question, go with hydro pump, just because. It won't really affect you too much in the battle tower.

I once told my apprentice to give his Sharpedo a hyper potion. :D

Fallen Monk Zanba
26th April 2007, 12:20 PM
Scepgatr:

What you just described was my dilemma, although, hearing someone else describe it makes me realize that my guess is about as good as anyone else's. I will probably go with Ice Beam and hope for the best. I suppose since she is, after all, my apprentice, I have a silly notion to play the game as if I were actually there, as in, my character. Makes playing the game more interesting, in a way.

Vaporeon4evr:

Well, the subforum is "In-Game Team Rate", and my apprentice's team is in game. However, I am sure you are right. I was not sure where else to put this thread, so this one seemed best at the time. Once again, my apologies.

It probably will not make too much difference, as you say, but I would like to at least extract sufficient usefulness from her in double battles. It would be nice to have one of her pokemon have a decent moveset, as her Ninetail's moveset consists of Confuse Ray, Attract/Will-O-Wisp (cannot remember which... so far, so good), Secret Power, and a non fire-type move not worth remembering.

Either way, thank you both very much for your help.
I will try a little harder to post my threads in the correct section. \\/_^;