PDA

View Full Version : battle animation

dabbuman1
25th April 2007, 1:31 PM
who just find battle animations boring, they take so long are look bad, only in the gamecube games the animations look fine.

suicune_dancer
25th April 2007, 1:35 PM
Nope, I like them =3

DDJ2991
25th April 2007, 1:40 PM
i dont really mind them, i have gotten use to them really...

but i do know what you mean.

Kowbrainz
25th April 2007, 1:51 PM
I like them.

Although I do prefer to see how a Gyarados reacts when I hit it with a STABd Thunder on the console versions, the animations of the GBA are good enough for me - I prefer them to simpler movements of the older games or none at all.

WhyteMage
25th April 2007, 2:23 PM
I tried turning animation off, and I didn't like it. The battles didn't seem real enough when I used thunder and the opponent didn't get a lightning strike dropped on its head.
Animations are fine to me.

DDJ2991
25th April 2007, 2:39 PM
yea without animation sucks badly... atleast when you do moves you get to watch your opponent die...

besides i like to click along with the move, like for example thunder, i press A everytime a lightining bolt strikes

Scepgatr
25th April 2007, 3:50 PM
The animations of the attacks are fine. However, I don't like the animations when activating berries, leftovers etc. They get annoying. Especially in the Battle Frontier. E.g Animations of a Ludicolo's Rain Dish + Leftovers Recovery + your Pokémon's Leftover's Recovery makes the battle very long.

Gilgamesh
25th April 2007, 5:00 PM
I don't have aniamtions turned on when EV training, but I do have them in the frontier.

Arbok
25th April 2007, 6:35 PM
I always used them. They're fun, except some bad ones like Hyper Beam.

Rensch
25th April 2007, 6:47 PM
I don't like turning htem off. The animation of the characters themselves before battle as seen in Crystal, Emerald, Diamond and Pearl any kind of annoying. Especially the ones in Emerald are badly animated.

Arbok
25th April 2007, 6:51 PM
I don't like turning htem off. The animation of the characters themselves before battle as seen in Crystal, Emerald, Diamond and Pearl any kind of annoying. Especially the ones in Emerald are badly animated.

Yep, but when you're gonna play R/S/FR/LG it's a bit different without those animations, I'm missing them then.

Hell_fire
25th April 2007, 7:11 PM
wait how do you turn them off?

Hell_fire
25th April 2007, 7:13 PM
wait how do you turn them off?

the_fifth_horseman
25th April 2007, 8:29 PM
i wish i knew how to turn them off, but i aint looked for the option before

ShinyManafi
25th April 2007, 8:55 PM
In the options, it's the second one.

Kyaku
26th April 2007, 12:29 AM
The battle animation is fine. The only animation that gets annoying are the Emerald ones. (When you send out your Pokemon.)

#Gecko#
26th April 2007, 2:19 AM
I like'em alot, although I wish they had animation when they got hit.

Mikaruge84
26th April 2007, 9:27 AM
Emerlad animation are somethimes boring, when they bounce around in 10 sek or something.

DarkPsychoBoost
26th April 2007, 9:29 AM
The battle animations in crystal are great, the new ones just deserve to be turned off...

DDJ2991
26th April 2007, 9:59 AM
the worst is sunny day, sandstorm, hail, rain dance etc... its so long and annoying after every move showing you how its raining

Alzi
26th April 2007, 10:31 AM
Somtimes when i'm trying to rush through a game i turn the animation of the battle scene's of. But most of the time i don't mind them, Just gets anoying when like leftovers activates every turn.

dabbuman1
26th April 2007, 11:59 AM
It just takes so long and boring, they should at least try to make the game graphics better, such as maybe blood? but that would make the game like M15 or something. The pokemon in GBA should squirm when they faint.

Incarnati0n
26th April 2007, 12:04 PM
It just takes so long and boring, they should at least try to make the game graphics better, such as maybe blood? but that would make the game like M15 or something. The pokemon in GBA should squirm when they faint.well, then you bought the wrong game, pokémon just isn't like that.

and i like the battle animations, without them the battles look extremely boring

Wild Cherry
26th April 2007, 12:46 PM
Nah, they're not annoying.

Shows how much respect you give Gamefreak for making them >>