PDA

View Full Version : So does anyone still play 3rd gen?

Pages : [1] 2

snatch
25th April 2007, 2:06 PM
Now that d/p is out, is anyone gonna play 3rd gen (besides cloning in emerald)?

I know I am, because I don't have a DS, so I don't have diamond or pearl.

glenniej
25th April 2007, 2:12 PM
Well, all the Europeans (like me) and Australians will.. But as soon as I get my D/P cope I'll only play 3rd gen for shiny hunting and for cloning!

Scepgatr
25th April 2007, 2:51 PM
I know I am because i don't have a ds, therefore i don't have diamond or pearl.
Same here.

LugiaRules
25th April 2007, 3:11 PM
I'll only use my Emerald for migrating pokes to my Diamond.

Arbok
25th April 2007, 3:25 PM
I'll keep playing it till next week when my Diamond should be here.

Rensch
25th April 2007, 3:27 PM
I might pick it up again sometime to play it again but as for now it's only gonna be for transferring pokémon to Diamond. Perhaps I'll play one of the games until I get my copy of diamond this Friday.

BioTrainer
25th April 2007, 3:49 PM
Well, all the Europeans (like me) and Australians will.. But as soon as I get my D/P cope I'll only play 3rd gen for shiny hunting and for cloning!
You got it. I wish the game didn't take so long to come to Europe...

BT ;383;

Pamizard
25th April 2007, 3:49 PM
I still have emerald and I'm prepearing my POkemon I want to transfer to Diamond once i get diamond and pearl in the mail

DaN ere
25th April 2007, 3:54 PM
I do cos i live in europe, I am playin for diamond and pearl, but i'm not just playin for that, im playin cos well they are gd games.

Gilgamesh
25th April 2007, 4:02 PM
I still play them. I probably will after I've gotten D/P too. And not just for cloning/shiney hunting purposes... not that I do those things anyway...

K-os
25th April 2007, 4:30 PM
Yeah, I still haven't beaten the BF yet.

*Murkrow
25th April 2007, 5:11 PM
I'm not getting Diamond until the summer, so yes, I'll still be playing even if I'll just be levelling up Pokémon.

Wynaut?
25th April 2007, 5:21 PM
I do, but of course, I'm in England, so I don't have DP yet.

ShinyManafi
25th April 2007, 7:51 PM
As of right now, no.

WarthogDemon
25th April 2007, 7:54 PM
Yes. Maybe not simultaneously with Diamond. (When I get Diamond, I'll either play that or Emerald or Leaf Green; not more than one at a time.)

micrec
25th April 2007, 8:08 PM
I'm playing Emerald...
I come from Poland and the GBA costs 346zl (about 100$) and the NDS costs 546zl so there's no way I'm getting D/P...besides I'm hunting shinies, and I'm buying myself a Link Cable to trade with my friends (I need a female Adamant ;004; and a Female... ;246;

Glen ^^
25th April 2007, 8:12 PM
I don't have Emerald, and don't feel like taking forever to hatch eggs and do the Battle Tower Challenge... so I'm not playing anymore. Everything is prepared for transfering to Diamond via Pal Park.
But I have to wait a little while until the stores here get the game, this should happen in a week or two.

AiR BeN
25th April 2007, 8:15 PM
I am playing it until my diamond arrives probably next week, I have just one more pokemon to breed but I am not sure which pokemon to breed for right now.

Kyaku
25th April 2007, 11:23 PM
I play both. But I know the 3rd gen. is gonna get boring soon.

#Gecko#
26th April 2007, 12:21 AM
I play both. But I know the 3rd gen. is gonna get boring soon.
No, 4th Gen is going to get funner, that's it. I'm getting mine in middle May (BD), but I'll still use'em and play it for the stuff I got when I created a Thread.

imbored13
26th April 2007, 12:24 AM
after i get pearl and transfer over my pokemon, i'm gonna restart in and my leaf green going for shiny one-off pokemon

Expert Evan
26th April 2007, 3:41 AM
Diamond/Pearl is definitely a focus going forward especially with wi-fi and all. I still have all my ready-trained pokemon to transfer over when the time comes and I'll probably still use R/S/E for certain breeding, cloning and EV training purposes.

mrrrrrrr KENNEDY
26th April 2007, 7:55 AM
Im importin Pearl next week so for a while no but after i have completed it i still want to beat the BF and shiny hunt the starters

Mikaruge84
26th April 2007, 8:25 AM
I'm waiting for my diamond, it should come around 4 may, so in the meantime yes. I maybe gonna shiny hunt on fire red when I have diamond.

DDJ2991
26th April 2007, 9:20 AM
yep im still playing my leafgreen, i dont have a DS either and dont plan on buying one simply for one game...

too bad though i wanted to check out diamon/pearl :/

oh well i can still have a good time with my 3rd gen games :D

EdrickV
26th April 2007, 9:26 AM
Of the 5 3rd Gen games I've beaten the Elite 4 on one (FireRed) and only once. So I am and will be playing them. In my Sapphire I'm EV training and levelling up for the Elite 4. Emerald I haven't gotten to the first gym yet, and Ruby/LeafGreen haven't really gotten anywhere. Might buy Colosseum/XD too.

Meanwhile I'm going to have to wait for my red DS and Diamond to arrive before I can play Diamond. (Am betting Diamond will get here first.)

Alzi
26th April 2007, 9:33 AM
I'll still play but not as much as now. Easy for hatching two lots of pokemon eggs at the same time.

Wild Cherry
26th April 2007, 9:34 AM
Yes, Duh, whats Pal Park for >>

Gotta EV train for WiFi how.

Swellow_91
26th April 2007, 9:44 AM
I'm still going to play the 3th gen games. However, it'll mostly be for getting certain moves you can't get in D/P.

WhyteMage
26th April 2007, 10:29 AM
Considering I live in Australia and we don't have D/P yet, yes.
But once I get my diamond, I'll probably become addicted to D/P, thus transferring my pokemon from 3rd gen to D/P.

Hell_fire
26th April 2007, 10:40 AM
i am because d/p getting here soon is unlikely

magnemiteZ
26th April 2007, 10:46 AM
Cloning things in preparation for Friday when I go home and get my copy ^_^

Incarnati0n
26th April 2007, 11:06 AM
i'm busy getting 25 ditto's with different natures. the battle frontier isn't done yet, and i'm preparing for D/P.

Hagane_Gir
26th April 2007, 11:12 AM
Being an Aussie, I'll still be playing my games. I'll also be playing them after D/P though, restarting my LG over and over again and Shiny Hunting and whatnot. 3rd gen games are too much fun to forget.

Emerald Metagross
26th April 2007, 12:20 PM
I don't have D/P yet, and won't have them anytime soon either, but even after that, I'm still gonna play Emerald. No other Pokémon game has anything as challenging as the Battle Frontier, not even D/P.

FlamingFlareon
26th April 2007, 3:44 PM
I still play my emerald version. A friend of mine is importing diamond for me though, it just hasn't arrived yet...

Misty's Double
26th April 2007, 9:44 PM
I haven't played it for a while, personally, but my boyfriend only bought Emerald a couple of months ago and went on a rabid spree on it.

He's died off with it right now, but that's only 'cause of Ranger.

Raikou77
26th April 2007, 9:48 PM
Mostly just b/c of Cloning.

Lord Scalgon
26th April 2007, 9:52 PM
Cloning glitch ftw.

Not only that, soft-resetting for shinies. That's all I can think of.

rodney
26th April 2007, 10:11 PM
I still play 3rd generation and probably will for years to come. The main reason is to complete the battle frontier.

shooting star
27th April 2007, 8:08 PM
I dont have a DS, so yes.

Dragon trainer
27th April 2007, 8:49 PM
yes and i will when i get them i still like 1st/2nd gen and play this on ocassion so why shouldn't these be any diiferent

BlazingFury
28th April 2007, 8:58 PM
Yes, I'll still play on mine. I even play on my gold version from time to time because I still enjoy it. I'm going to have to pre order Diamond soon (when I have the money) so I'll be playing on that for some time, but I'll still play on my 3rd gens. The only problem with my 3rd gens is I have shinies on both and don't want to restart the games as I have no way of transferring them :(

Sasori
28th April 2007, 9:59 PM
Now that d/p is out is anyone gonna play 3rd gen (besides cloning in emerald)?

I know I am because i don't have a ds, therefore i don't have diamond or pearl.

Neither do I, ;(

Kabuto
29th April 2007, 12:01 AM
Not currently, but Ill get back to it.

Pacman
29th April 2007, 12:04 AM
I still play. I need, to beat the Battle Frontier.

Dialga's Master
29th April 2007, 1:27 AM
yeah i play it i play it so i can trade with to my diamond game

BLKsharpedo
29th April 2007, 1:57 AM
I will still play my Ruby Version. I think it will still be fun to play it I get Pearl Version. Every once in awhile its good to play old Pokemon games.

denw0
29th April 2007, 6:06 AM
Yeah I will. 4th gen pokes were crap save a couple. 3rd gen had the best pokemon yet.

Roselia---Rozureido
29th April 2007, 7:15 AM
Unfortunately, my Diamond got stolen, so I'm confined to the third generation until I can get a new one.

M3T4GR055
29th April 2007, 7:17 AM
Yer..
I still play it but..
When June 21st comes..
I'll just use it for cloning and trading etc..

Yami Marius
29th April 2007, 10:36 AM
Of course it'll keep playing it; it's a different game after all, not a Third Gen. remake.

Ultimate Glalie
29th April 2007, 10:51 AM
I still play them (Emerald mostly). D/P isn't out here yet and I'm still trying to get all the symbols in the Battle Frontier.

Metropolis
29th April 2007, 10:56 AM
I'm still playing Emerald till I have enough money to import.

Cyl3x
29th April 2007, 10:58 AM
D/P will never replace the fun of the battle frontier.

Zoshi
29th April 2007, 1:34 PM
Cloning and soft resetting for shinies only.

shinyrayquaza
29th April 2007, 1:45 PM
of course i'll keep playing. i love my Leafgreen far too much to abandon it. also, i make money letting people use my games to get the insert only exclusives (Magby, Elekid, ect. ect.)

Yanick
29th April 2007, 1:57 PM

I don't think all te Europeans will. I know not all the Europeans will, for I am an European and I don't play 3rd gen anymore, for I have Diamond imported. I will only play it to get a team ready for Pal Park. I love the 3rd gen, don't get me wrong, but I love the 4th even more!

crudent
29th April 2007, 3:11 PM
Yes i still do. Gotta finish Frontier before I attempt to beat a new game.

sceptile33
29th April 2007, 11:23 PM
I'll probably still play it to beat battle frontier, if ever.

Chaos Rush
30th April 2007, 1:16 AM
I won't be getting a DS or Pearl until late June, so yes, I'll still be playing. And I finally got Emerald version!

Infinite
30th April 2007, 12:58 PM
I play sometimes.. leveling some of my pokemons before I trade them to diamond.

Girafarig-chan
30th April 2007, 1:24 PM
I do. But only because I haven't got Diamond and Pearl yet.

Winter02
1st May 2007, 10:26 AM
i do, since i haven't got 4th gen yet.

Reaload
2nd May 2007, 4:07 AM
Yes, I'll still play on mine. I even play on my gold version from time to time because I still enjoy it. I'm going to have to pre order Diamond soon (when I have the money) so I'll be playing on that for some time, but I'll still play on my 3rd gens. The only problem with my 3rd gens is I have shinies on both and don't want to restart the games as I have no way of transferring them :(

I recently purchased Yellow (had to have it...wanted a Pikachu to follow me around, lol) and still like to play it from time to time (I just take it out of my little chest and play it and put it back). I have a copy of Silver to toy around with, but it's not mine (the owner never played it, though, so I might as well as put some mileage on it).

I do have Pearl, but sometimes I don't like bothering with my DS (I don't have the little one), so I get out my FireRed on the GBA and play with it. I got stuck on Emerald over a year ago, but I'm thinking of transferring anything over I wanted to keep to Pearl (if possible) and restart, but that will be after I finish off FireRed and then probably Sapphire (though it doesn't matter which one I finish first in terms of Sapphire and Emerald, really). And I want to trade over the Pokemon from the Gamecube games as well, so I'm happy to still play those old games. Besides, they were the first Pokemon games for me (third gen), so gotta go back, for nostalgia's sake :)

Blaperile
2nd May 2007, 11:17 AM
Not much anymore, but sometimes I stil play on my Sapphire.

winb83
2nd May 2007, 5:07 PM
i just purchased emerald for the specific purpose of cloning items and pokemon and getting legendary pokemon for trades, needless to say i'm playing it through from the beginning now having just beat the elite 4 in pearl.

there are a lot of things i had in pearl that i miss

Dragon trainer
4th May 2007, 8:04 PM
yep im playing fire red and leaf green and sapphire and ruby and emerald as i have yet to complete these games and get the johto starter

miken park
5th May 2007, 1:22 AM
Yes, i still play to clone stuff

Anaya
5th May 2007, 2:02 AM
Well I have Diamond. And yes, I do still play 3rd generation. Why wouldn't I?

zeppelin
5th May 2007, 10:03 AM
Im not getting D/P.I still play emerald casually.

Ed Phoenix
5th May 2007, 10:42 AM
Yes I do. Mainly just to transfer pokemon over through Pal Park.

It is easier to find some pokes in the 3rd gen games (ex. Mightyena and Swellow) than in D/P. Plus, I don't like waiting 24 hours for a new pokemon to swarm.

Lord_Sunday
5th May 2007, 11:56 AM
D/Ps not out till june 21 in australia, and im not going to import cause i want to transfer my firered/saphire pokemon over, so its 3rd gen for a little bit longer for me

Cassiel
5th May 2007, 11:58 AM
I do. Because I live in Indonesia...

Dark-Oracle
5th May 2007, 12:08 PM
I Do. I restarted my ruby so i could get the regis coz i killed regirock in my emerald by accident !

FireHead Hank
5th May 2007, 12:12 PM
No I dont. Diamond has my full attention right now. Simply because it's an awesome game.

Raikou77
5th May 2007, 1:37 PM
Yes. It's easier to breed for me in Emerald b/c of the Everstone Trick. Also, the Chansey I'm breeding can only get S-Toss from 3rd Gen anyway.

T1bz
5th May 2007, 1:57 PM
In europe, and haven't gotten D/P yet. So I'm fully enjoying my Emerald.

yami_of_light
5th May 2007, 3:18 PM
I do, for the following reasons: i love my Fire Red. I use my emerald to clone and play battle frontier =D Since i live in australia im gona have to wait till 21st of June 07 for Diamond and Pearl. *im getting diamond* Im gona clone and transfer some of my pokemon when i get my diamond. My current quest on fire red is to try and hatch a shiny Charmander. 150+ eggs hatched and still normal ones.

Azure Wolf
5th May 2007, 5:10 PM
I do cause I'm not getting DP for 3 months.

diamondpearl876
7th May 2007, 3:58 AM
I play the Battle Frontier on Emerald, but I always fail miserably because my team seriously sucks.

snatch
7th May 2007, 4:03 AM
right now i'm playing my gold version and my fire red version. i'm not getting a ds until like november. i'm satisfied with all the games i have (g, s, e, fr, lg,)

Expert Evan
7th May 2007, 6:20 PM
Now that I've got D/P, it looks like the primary use of emerald will be for breeding, training, cloning & leveling up purposes. I don't think I'll be trying to get that final gold symbol I can't seem to get anymore until maybe at some point later on.

Walking Contradiction
8th May 2007, 7:10 AM
I of course play because I'm European. And I will still play after D/P comes out here.

KyonKyon
8th May 2007, 9:39 AM
nu-uh, my Diamond copy will be here tomorrow ;D

ahmad_bulba
8th May 2007, 9:52 AM
I do...3rd gen is my fave!

OJG
8th May 2007, 5:23 PM
Yeah.

1. No DS.

2. Don't wanna buy a DS for one game.

3. I probably won't even like Pokemon when it comes out over here.

Munchy.42
8th May 2007, 5:34 PM
Got to. Don't have D/P yet.

Reno
8th May 2007, 6:08 PM
i will be, as im not going to be getting D/P for a long while. and i love 3rd gen.

Starzonedge
8th May 2007, 6:14 PM
I'm still trying to complete my Ruby's Pokedex as much as possible. Plus, I'm building a team at the moment, which I will later transfer onto my Diamond version.

Arbok
8th May 2007, 6:41 PM
Not anymore. I have Diamond now. ;)

Expert Evan
8th May 2007, 6:45 PM
Once I have seen all 150 in sinnoh dex I'll be using the 3rd gen games for palpark purposes for starters.

Tyranny of Tyranitar
8th May 2007, 10:37 PM
I'll use Emerald to clone, EV train, and breed. Otherwise, I'll use 3rd gen games to transfer pokemon though Pal Park. This doesn't mean I'll stop answering questions on 3rd gen here however.

POKEMON KING LEAFGREEN
9th May 2007, 10:45 AM
For getting Pokemon that are rare in Pearl.

crudent
9th May 2007, 12:12 PM
Yes I still do, but I'm really in danger of defecting to the dark D/P side...

Expert Evan
10th May 2007, 6:54 PM
I never thought I'd say this, but it does not seem so important for me to continue trying to get the last gold symbol in the battle factory that keeps eluding me. The wifi feature on D/P makes it all more appealing.

warnerbroman
10th May 2007, 7:14 PM
I am still hunting for a shiny trapinch

Theneedleman
13th May 2007, 11:13 PM
Nope. Just for migrating....

snatch
14th May 2007, 4:35 AM
yeah earlier today i bought a ds (just to play diamond) so now i've been playing diamond since i got it. it's great.

once the 'initial shock' of diamond wears off, i'll probably go finish getting the three dogs and finish the battle frontier.

Slypher
14th May 2007, 4:59 AM
I'm still playing 3rd gen. Infact, I'm horribly behind, a month ago I still haven't even beaten the Elite Four in my Fire Red from 2004 and I haven't even played Emerald, which I got in 2005. It was only until D/P were realesed that I finnaly had the motivation to restart my Fire Red and try to complete it this time, along with Emerald, which I will do so once I finish up with Fire Red.

metaldragon
14th May 2007, 11:26 PM
don't got a DS, but i want one. Here's the story... My old SP broke, so I went to Target and got a new one. I thought about buyin a DS, but thought against it, since i didn't think I'd want any DS games. That very same day, the afternoon after i bought the new SP, my friend told me that there was a new Pokemon game coming out for the DS exclusively. I felt pretty bummed.. oh well. I'll just keep playin' my LeafGreen until I save up enough money...

Cor
15th May 2007, 3:29 AM
Yep. I plan to pick up Emerald this week (My second copy) Plus I am replaying through FR/LG/XD/R

crudent
15th May 2007, 11:52 AM
I'm currently stuck with 3rd gen for the time being.

squirtleboy12
15th May 2007, 12:07 PM
just transfering i abandon my emrald maybe if i get bored of d/p wich will be atleast in one year and theres no 5th gen i will played again

Mikaruge84
15th May 2007, 12:15 PM
Got my Diamond two weeks ago, so I'm not playing third gen for a while now.

MegaTravis
15th May 2007, 2:12 PM
I do to get more Pokemon I don't have yet and to get more pokemon to transfer to my Pearl.

micrec
15th May 2007, 3:01 PM
I play Emerald and it's the best versions of all...

FlamingFlareon
15th May 2007, 4:19 PM
*sigh* still playing 3rd gen..... diamond hasn't arrived yet

~.:Southern lights:.~
19th May 2007, 7:05 AM
why not playing it,it's fun to play it!!!
D/P i still not out here

bwooduhs
19th May 2007, 10:38 PM
i find it hard to go back and actually play them because the graphics look weird and not very good after playing diamond.

The Dean of Suds
20th May 2007, 12:15 AM
I'm still working on my Ruby dex, incomplete after a whole year.

warnerbroman
20th May 2007, 5:23 AM
i find it hard to go back and actually play them because the graphics look weird and not very good after playing diamond.I am the same way but I want trapinch!!

Raikou77
20th May 2007, 8:13 AM
Yeah, the graphics do seem a lot worse now that I've got DP. But it's easier to breed in Emerald so I'm still playing.

Ge64
22nd May 2007, 3:02 AM
I just restarted playing Leaf Green cuz it was a while ago that I played ruby and it was AGES ago that i played yellow :P Plus I wanted to see what it was like...

And yeah I dont have a DS, but maybe Ill get one. I really like the lite and Pokemon D/P might just be enough reason to get one as soon as I have some spare money... maybe after I sell my PSP I wont get the blue PSP immediately like I planned but get a DS first and wait till it bores me to get a new PSP :)

DragonAK
22nd May 2007, 9:50 AM
Even when I got Diamond and Pearl I still switch between them and R/S/E/Fr/Lg whichever I was playing last. I've actually played both Sapphire and Diamond at the same time, at one point last week.

txdaan
22nd May 2007, 2:04 PM
even when i have a DS and Diamond i would still play E/Fr to get 3rd gen for Dia, and theyre just part of the pkmn chain: from each gen i hav at least 1 game (not the 4th)

Dramatic Melody
22nd May 2007, 3:06 PM
Yes, even if I do have Pearl. Mainly to Pal Park pokemon, or if I'm bored with evolving pokemon for my dex in Pearl.

...Or if I want to take up challenges in E/LG...

nubinator
22nd May 2007, 4:03 PM
I made a thread exactly like this.......

I only use Emerald for Cloning Glitch and Move tutors. The BF kinda bores me now cause I've been playing at it for 3 years.

Shuko
22nd May 2007, 4:11 PM
I still play the 3rd gens for shiny hunting, catching legendaries, and when I want some different Poke fun. :p

Ge64
22nd May 2007, 4:15 PM
I think its too bad they kept adding weird pokemon. The original 150 were good, the GSC are good as well but after that its just becoming too much. Also, the weird ways they evolve like with all sorts of items are becoming too vast. Imo more pokemon should have evolved using different methods than stones and levels from the beginning such as happiness, its stupid that a certain species has its very own way of evolving (Like 'trade with metal coat' or something. Up-grade for porygon is a different story because porygon is a very different pokemon). Also the trade this trade that stuff is lame because not everyone ever has the ability to trade at all, so it should be limited to only a few pokemon, not 10 or more per generation (the original four, machamp etc were ok, but now its become so many its not funny anymore).

Also, it disturbs me that many of the GSC pokemon can be found in FRLG, BUT only in the end and not mixed into the kanto pokemon, but expecially that you cant visit johto or hoenn and that NONE OF THE HOENN pokemon can be caught except maybe deoxys or something!! WHAT!? Please! Whats the use in including a pokedex for them if you cant get them but trade them from R/S? That would mean having to trade more than a hundred or so pokemon just to complete the pokedex!?

So, after completing most of FRLG now (island 6) and adding that to my previous experiences with Yellow and Ruby, my conclusion is that the game is getting to hard to complete, certain things are too lame to be true and there are too many pokemon that are obviously just there for marketing reasons (wow, now more than 400 pokemons!!! catch even more!! even though they stink and dont make sense!!). Thats referring to D/P by the way, I havent played it yet but im pretty sure that if I ever do, I wont ever finish it.

In yellow, after defeating the league, you at least felt you were done with most of the game and shortly afterwards you could stop playing and be satisfied. In FRLG, thank god theres more than just the pokemon league because otherwise it would be a crappy game, but because its supposed to be a remake of a previous game including all the 386 pokemon, I would expect those pokemon to BE THERE and also that you could visit johto and hoenn, which is logical because thats where those pokemon are.

Ranting ends now lol :P

cfc-4-eva
26th May 2007, 12:40 PM
yes dp isn't released here(Scotland) for quite a time

yami_of_light
26th May 2007, 12:52 PM
just transfering i abandon my emrald maybe if i get bored of d/p wich will be atleast in one year and theres no 5th gen i will played again

There may be a 5th gen one day, you never know, but after the Pokemon D/P there will be mystery dungeon 2 time and darkness, and then after that there will be the 3rd installment to D/P which is most likely to be Pokemon Opal version featuring Girtina. So there is plenty of thing to keep us busy through out our year of Pokemon. I will always love Pokemon =D

JaKe07
26th May 2007, 12:55 PM
nah, i dnt play 3rd gen any more, i find erm boring after a while, im playin crystal at the mo.

FaRReR
26th May 2007, 1:14 PM
i am still trying to get 384 pokemon so i can get the ever so cool cyndaquil. ;155;

swampert95
27th May 2007, 1:41 PM
id do even though I've only got 2 badges on pearl to be ready that after I complete pearl i don't have to complete 3rd gen games because i have too instead of want to

mallubear07
27th May 2007, 1:49 PM
i might if i get bored

once in a blue Mew
29th May 2007, 4:24 PM
Does "Road to D/P" count? If so, yes, if not, no.

DarkTyphlosion157
29th May 2007, 4:37 PM
Playing it right now. Hunting a shiny Cyndaquil.

MikeLowell3
29th May 2007, 11:01 PM
Ya, I do and I have both Diamond and Pearl. I only really use for Latios/Latias. That and because I am a nerd.

Eevee_14
29th May 2007, 11:16 PM
i hardly ever play it now i only play it when getting pokemon ready to pal-park but i think this is a great game

Pokemon_Luver
30th May 2007, 7:42 AM
I dont have D/P because its not out yet in Aus. Also yeah i will still play the 3rd gen games.

FireEmblemAddict
2nd June 2007, 12:37 PM
i do. Even though I have D/P, I'm also working on beating Sapphire again.

DaDonYordel
2nd June 2007, 1:15 PM
I don't have D/P so I'm stuck with the third generation, besides I still have to beat the Frontier Brains again.

Mello
3rd June 2007, 1:02 AM
Of course I do! I still play Blue... I love to catch up on my old Pokemon games.

yami_of_light
3rd June 2007, 7:30 AM
D/Ps not out till june 21 in australia, and im not going to import cause i want to transfer my firered/saphire pokemon over, so its 3rd gen for a little bit longer for me

You can still Transfer pokemon to pal park if you have diff country games. US,UK and AU games are all compatible.

Confessor
3rd June 2007, 10:21 AM
No I was lucky enough to find an import copy or Diamond in AU.

Xashlei
3rd June 2007, 10:25 AM
I still play my Sapphire, and I don't plan on stopping anytime soon.

mekky_9892
3rd June 2007, 11:34 AM
I still play 3rd Gen, but that's because DP don't come out in th UK until the 27th. :(

Anicane
10th June 2007, 11:12 PM
I live in austria (german-speaking-country, near germany lol) so I am still waiting for the european Version of D&P.
I'm trying to fill the NationalDex in my Pokémon Emerald as full as I can.

lilbigman42012
10th June 2007, 11:21 PM
i have Diamond cuz im in America but still, im tryin 2 get all the dogs from FR nd im doin it 4 the last time since i got 2 out of 3(im missing suicune) then sumtimes i just clone and play a little BF on emerald. I wanna complete the dex on Ranger but Diamond takes up 2 much time 267:34 2 be exact..

roses_108
11th June 2007, 12:30 AM
Sometimes i still play fire red but hardly ever anymore seeing as i have pearl

freedom-123
11th June 2007, 1:09 AM
i still play becos i havnt got d/p yet

Shadow Chaos
11th June 2007, 1:19 AM
I still play my Emerald (just six more Gold Battle Frontier Symbols)...

blasters49
11th June 2007, 2:17 AM
welll i barely pplay it only for trading purposes and cloning hehe:D

pichufan25
11th June 2007, 7:03 AM
I'm playing it to get some more shiny's for later on diamond and fasten the time. Ofcourse i'm bored....

Conquistador
11th June 2007, 7:45 AM
I still play, but only for shinys and cloning purposes.

futuramagirl
11th June 2007, 8:33 AM
I'm playing FireRed at the moment because Diamond and Pearl aren't out yet in the UK.

Xashlei
11th June 2007, 8:56 AM
I think I'm going to play my Sapphire until I get D/P, if ever... don't even have a DS. *sob*

MukkinMUK
11th June 2007, 11:12 AM
Offcourse. Also after i've got dp, because i like the history. ;)

Misaki-chi
11th June 2007, 11:59 AM
I do. Just not as much as Pearl. ^_^ Sapphire rocks.

Whiscash
11th June 2007, 3:35 PM
I still play RSE...on account of not having DP >_> But even after I get it, I'll still play it. After all, I still play Red and Blue XD Yay for retro Pokémon ^^

T-Parcel
16th June 2007, 5:28 PM
I haven't got a DS nor have I got DP, the release date of them being July 27th in Sučde.

FireEmblemAddict
16th June 2007, 5:35 PM
I have started to lay off since now I am training my first competitive (ever!) team on Pearl, but I have been occaisionally trying to beat Sapphire and Leaf Green again. I currently have 4 badges on both of them.

crimsoneagle
16th June 2007, 5:39 PM
i will play ever once in a while i need to beat the elite 4 on emerlad so i can hurry up and clone.

Wtmuffin
16th June 2007, 5:44 PM
I only play Emerald to clone Jirachis... and Rare Candies. :);444;

ryodi
16th June 2007, 6:23 PM
I've played Diamond for about 20 hours but it hasn't really grabbed me so far I've gone back to the Advance titles to complete the National Pokedex. I'm 3 away from finishing the Kanto Dex in FR/LG then I'll move onto R/S/E so I doubt I'll be moving to the 4th gen any time soon.

thorn6066
16th June 2007, 6:45 PM
I still play Ruby, trying to get finish it. I also play Pearl

Nights
16th June 2007, 7:09 PM
I play 3rd generation games if there is something I want for Diamond/Pearl.

Shiny pokemon lover
17th June 2007, 12:16 PM
Since Norway does not have DP yet I play Emerald.
I works with Shiny pokemon hunting!

chorusco
17th June 2007, 12:19 PM
I Will But Not As Much

Trooper Guy
17th June 2007, 4:36 PM
Yep, I still play the 3rd generation games (currently finishing Fire Red now, to put my Johto pkmn on to use on the Sevii Islands). I have Diamond, but I still play these games as well.

payne
18th June 2007, 10:12 AM
yea i still play 3rd gen. i mostly shiny hunt on those games=]

Dark FireBird
18th June 2007, 5:56 PM
i still play the 3rd gen games, since i don't have d/p yet, especially emerald and fire-red where i'm shiny hunting and breeding. but i think i'll still play them even when i get d/p.

gothic_serebii
18th June 2007, 6:01 PM
i dont play it anymore.
Once you have caught all 202 pokemon and beaten every trainer and gotten al your pokemon to lvl 100, there isnt anything to do.

Note: i used cheat codes to get extra pokemon too such as entai, ho-oh etc.

hyperactivity
18th June 2007, 6:25 PM
I still play my Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald. Although I probably will abandon them once I get a DS.

ludicolo_kid
18th June 2007, 6:26 PM
Not really.

I nb from time to time though.

_Calm|Mind_
18th June 2007, 6:28 PM
I play a tad of Netbattle, but not much.

CharizardMaster
20th June 2007, 6:06 AM
I only play emerald for migration. I hardly do it any more now.

chorusco
20th June 2007, 4:17 PM
You Cant Forget The 3rd Gen

Knight_Ram
23rd June 2007, 11:15 AM
I still play 3rd Gen, only for cloning and for the pokedex. And plus, I still have yet to get D/P... Once I do, I will just send all my Pokémon from each of my games to Diamond and pearl.

Evil Genius
28th June 2007, 4:19 AM
I'm in Australia, and I still play Emerald (I don't want a DS and Diamond/ Pearl because I won't play Emerald anymore. It'll be a waste.).

~Bent~
28th June 2007, 5:59 AM
I don't play third gen any more.

I play second gen all the time though.

pit-fall
28th June 2007, 7:49 AM
Yeah, I'm replaying Emerald right now.

Aewyne
28th June 2007, 8:09 AM
I still play Emerald and Leaf Green, and I'll probably pick up my Fire Red again once I beat LG.

Drkecho
28th June 2007, 8:23 AM
Well I'm not saying 3rd Gen was boring but after playing D/P going back to 3rd Gen feels so different likes theres something missing

Ryouki
29th June 2007, 9:47 AM
I still play 3rd gen....It's a matter of nostalgia

PamperedPersian1
1st July 2007, 5:19 PM
Actually, you people might think I'm crazy, but........... I'm a bit behind in the times. Let's just say I'm like one of those parents who can barely figure out how to use a computer (not really but you get the point) so, right now I still don't have a DS, and probably when I get it, I'll be too busy trying to work it! :rolleyes: :p

BlazingKen
1st July 2007, 7:19 PM
Yep still trying to complete the Hoenn dex

PsychicsRox
2nd July 2007, 2:20 AM
Nope, no more. I don't have Wi-Fi so I don't need to clone in Emerald and I cloned and traded all my pokemon over already so no.

Dusk
2nd July 2007, 3:01 AM
I just went back to my Emerald game to organize my pokemon to send to Diamond. The characters are small and the graphics are much worse than in D/p

blueparukia
2nd July 2007, 3:14 AM
I play 3rd gen, mainly just Battle Frontier though.

And I just got a GBC emulator for my DS, so I might start playing Crystal

nubinator
2nd July 2007, 5:27 AM
I sometimes play, Hatching eggs, Cloning glitch ( cant perform in Diamond ) Move tutors.

Shiny_Umbreon_Master
2nd July 2007, 6:15 AM
i play 3rd gen more than i play diamond now that i have beaten diamond...

xRPx
3rd July 2007, 5:22 PM
I never play 3rd gen anymore really, only to go catch stuff i need for my pearl game. =\

parasectdude
3rd July 2007, 5:40 PM
Those of us that don't import do.

Azure Wolf
6th July 2007, 10:30 AM
I do, until I get Diamond.

Knight_Ram
6th July 2007, 10:48 AM
I will still play it over and over, just to get some Pokémon to help me out with my National Pokedex!

Akiak
12th July 2007, 8:41 AM
I live in Europe but when it comes out here I'm not getting it because I don't like the 4th gen pokemon. I'm gonna stick with Emerald.

mallubear07
14th July 2007, 10:46 AM
i finished my pearl so i am starting my emerald again

Bryony
14th July 2007, 2:05 PM
Yes, I still play the 3rd gen games every so often. However my time has been taken up a lot with Ranger.

FlyingTotodile
15th July 2007, 8:51 AM
I will still play the 3rd gen after Diamond and Pearl come out in under two weeks but i'll probably have a break whilst playing D/P But emerald is my all time favorite game so I'll probs never stop playing it and it's a good way to train up pokes fast!

pikachu2
15th July 2007, 9:45 AM
After tranfering almost every pokem on to diamond I restarted my firered so I'm playing that. It seems like the hero is firered runs faster then the hero in diamond.

PsychedelicJellyfish
15th July 2007, 9:46 AM
Occasionally. But mostly to catch things for Pal Park.

*Jean Grey*
15th July 2007, 12:02 PM
I still do, I'm not the type to leave an older version just because there is a new version.

Vycksta
15th July 2007, 2:16 PM
Yes I do. I personally won't be getting Pearl for another few months so until then I am happy to keep breeding Sneasels, EV training them and getting them and other Pokemon to level 100 ready for eventual transfer. Besides, the Battle Frontier is also good to keep me occupied.

JelleSeraph
15th July 2007, 3:55 PM
I do, but only because I don't have a DS. And that's because I'm saving money for a new PC. I'm still gonna decide if a new Pokemon is good enough to beat my new pc. Whatever. Started Ruby over yesterday, going to play with pokemon I never used before (Mudkip,especially).

black dog
15th July 2007, 4:02 PM
i still play sapphire and leaf green because i cant afford a DS right now. but im saving up for Diamond.

evolutions
16th July 2007, 11:38 AM
I play emerald sometimes, but only the battle frontier.

Avegaille
17th July 2007, 12:29 AM
Yes... obviously, someone here does... well, until I could get an NDS... and Pokemon D/P... until then, I should try completing my Sapphire Dex for good...

And I also donate my breeded Pokemon to those people here who has D/P... because my boxes are basically getting stuffy...

Champion Jared 14
17th July 2007, 5:52 PM
I still do, I don't have a DS or a pearl or diamond to play on or nothin'. I'd really like one though.

Excalibur
18th July 2007, 12:37 AM
I haven't beaten the Battle Frontier, so I will still play.

Champion Jared 14
18th July 2007, 8:19 PM
I don't have a DS, pearl/diamond, or wifi for that matter, so of course I will still play it.

chav hunter v.1
18th July 2007, 8:50 PM
i still play it only because i need to get a zangose ready for when i get diamond (i need to teach it thunder punch)

Pupitar247
19th July 2007, 1:56 AM
;247; Yes. I got FR and LG last Christmas and I'm still playing them. I'd like to get Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald also. I have Diamond and Pearl.

S.H.L
19th July 2007, 2:03 AM
I know i would still play it but not the story mode, I would probably do it so i can shiny hunt right now im going for regice.

Kanto Kid Troy
19th July 2007, 12:49 PM
I'm raising pokemon on it ready for DP, I will be getting Diamond a week tomorrow. :D

S.H.L
19th July 2007, 1:07 PM
Luckly for me that i got D/P on the same day and got a discount =).

Star124
20th July 2007, 2:05 AM
I do because I don't have a ds.

Whitby
20th July 2007, 2:38 AM
I still play them. Hell, I even play Red, Blue, Green, and Yellow... quite frequently, I might add.

Deoxys911
20th July 2007, 2:39 AM
I still play each of the 5 gen. 3 games every now and then, but right now I'm trying to get a black card in Diamond. I pay every game I own respect by playing them sometimes (Even oldies like Donkey Kong, Jr. and Pac-Man). Even though I'll never play Emerald like I used to, it's still my favorite game and I love it more than my life. And yes, I need mental help if that's what you're thinking.

nasoj1113
20th July 2007, 2:57 AM
I'm probably going to start my games over and try to complete the dexes and Battle Frontier.

EmberStar the Blaziken
20th July 2007, 3:47 AM
I'm starting over in Sapphire after tons of transferring.

pikachu65
20th July 2007, 6:29 AM
I stoped playind 3rd gen games when I got Pokemon Pearl but now that I beat the E4 I started playing emerald again because I wanted to train some pokemon.

need_2_read
20th July 2007, 4:30 PM
i play my games when i need some pokemon for my pearl dex

xXBloodstainedLieXx
21st July 2007, 4:29 AM
I play them wen I'm bored

ShinyFufu
21st July 2007, 5:03 AM
Yeah.

To shiny hunt.

Only for that reason only.

J.R.
21st July 2007, 5:19 AM
Hmm...Nope only 'play' it to transfer pkmn now lol.

HawaiianMountainDragon
21st July 2007, 7:05 AM
I don't have D/P...YET. I'll clone copies of all my good pokemons and send them to D/P right when I get that park that I forget the name of.

Tiffany
21st July 2007, 7:48 AM
Yes, I do.

I need to train all my Pokemon on there so I can complete the dex.
I still haven't caught all the legendaries/Pokemon that are exclusive to each game.

MinunTheFighter34
21st July 2007, 7:50 AM
I play the third gen sometimes.Not often but sometimes..

Clash
21st July 2007, 9:20 AM
Only to transfer Pokemon and to have more accurate breeding. I play it to go through some of the Battle Frontier at times.

Clay Psyduck
21st July 2007, 9:45 AM
I can't really look at the 3rd gen games.

- The lack of certain features that I now feel are superior.
- Constant want to press DS buttons that do nothing on GBA games.
- Inability to run in certain places.
- Already filled the Pokedex.
- Nothing of interest to do.

I use Emerald for cloning and I actually can't upload anything from LeafGreen anymore. I only have my "originals" of my legendaries and a few high leveled guys that are all there (which were cloned and uploaded already) in case certain friends didn't get D/P yet, but that's done with now.

Laser Shuckle
21st July 2007, 9:51 AM
I just exploit emerald's cloning glitch.

gerbene5
21st July 2007, 12:03 PM
I still play it up to now because I have no Nintendo D/S...
:(

Pottsie
21st July 2007, 9:55 PM
All the time. I don't own a DS and I don't have any plans to get D/P.

Dekori
21st July 2007, 10:01 PM
Even though I have Pearl I still play my 3Rd Gen games. I have Fire Red and Emerald, and I got Leaf Green this week, so I've been playing that too.

Hitaka
25th July 2007, 9:04 PM
I still play them. I like 3rd gen more than D/P, really.

Expert Evan
26th July 2007, 6:00 PM
I still do most of my breeding in emerald as recently I was breeding for an adamant relicanth with wonderful IVs. Now the desired relicanth is in diamond and knows the new move Head Smash via heart scale.

benhamini
26th July 2007, 8:03 PM
Now that d/p is out is anyone gonna play 3rd gen (besides cloning in emerald)?

I know I am because i don't have a ds, so i don't have diamond or pearl.

Yea i am still going to play 3rd gen because like you i dont have a ds. I plan on getting one though, but even when i do i am still going to play 3rd gen for a while.

Bdguy
26th July 2007, 8:11 PM
i want a ds put i want a ps3 first so ill wait and second of all im playing emerald now so its no problem im always busy

master of aggrons
26th July 2007, 8:13 PM
yeah i still play down to the 1 gen of pkmn

R3b3lSarge
26th July 2007, 10:30 PM
i still play sapphire version. i'm saving up for a ds and diamond/pearl. besides, the 3rd generation is still vital for the completion of the d/p pokedex. and we obviously still need it to trade with colosseum and XD

Falco320
27th July 2007, 5:09 PM
i would rather play Emerald.cause of the battle frontiere if they never put it in there then ill be playing my Diamond every day.and i dont really care that much about wifi.i would rather EV train pokemon for the battle frontiere and get all my gold symbols first.

Dummy
27th July 2007, 6:59 PM
I'm only playing it a little so that I can get ditto's of all natures.

-Dragon-
28th July 2007, 7:33 AM
I don't like the 4th Gen, so I'll be playing more R/S/E then D/P

zeno48
28th July 2007, 7:43 AM
Only to transfer my pokemon and clone and that's about it.

Azure Wolf
28th July 2007, 2:33 PM
I do, Emerald and Firered.

Dr Elite
3rd August 2007, 11:54 AM
yeah. i wanna complete my pokedex and get a totodille in emerald. and im trying to complete my frinds firered after on a trip an idiot deleted his entire savefile!

Genesis Gackt
6th August 2007, 6:35 AM
I still play with Emerald, 'cause i wanna beat the Battle Pyramid Brain for get my last gold medal

Ellie
6th August 2007, 6:37 AM
I'm still playing Fire Red to try for that Timid Mewtwo with 31 in Sp Atk and Spd... but I play them just for fun also.

B-MAN
6th August 2007, 7:18 AM
To be truthful I got my 3rd gen games bout a month ago, I got Diamond first, though I had ruby when it first came out.

Azure Wolf
6th August 2007, 8:24 AM
Alot of people play 3rd Gen, pointless question.
Some even play RBY IMO

swampert55
20th August 2007, 10:17 PM
I have both Diamond and Pearl, and I still play Ruby more than both combined.

Gliding Girl
20th August 2007, 10:20 PM
Yes infact i'm importing sapphire on the internet and i'm playing emrald with pichu eggs whicch will know volt tackle

(i never got the to import emerald since i never got the nat dex and I lost diamond now)

Dragon trainer
20th August 2007, 11:14 PM
yep im playing on my firered on my gba at the moment i only have a gba and i wanr ds but i lack the funds so its something i can play, and its rather enjoyable game and im working my way though it quickly but at a good pace too.

J Ripley
21st August 2007, 9:10 AM
I don't have a DS yet, so I only play 3rd gen, and only FireRed and LeafGreen. I stopped playing Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald long ago.

Glitch Mew
21st August 2007, 11:09 AM
I still play, emrald is the best game for breeding cos of the Iv checker man person and the fast bike.

But now since I have MEW ON MY GAMES FINALLY I will be playing them all the time now. <3

eimajamie
22nd August 2007, 4:16 PM
I don't have the funds to get D/P yet though I do have a DS and I start a new job on Friday so hopefully I'll have it by next week :D

Winter02
23rd August 2007, 9:11 PM
i still play Emerald. my "project" there aren't finished yet.
and i play LG and Sapphire a little as well.

mewfanforlife
24th August 2007, 1:23 AM
I still play Emerald in the Battle Frontier. I also use them to get Pokemon and items to Pal Park over.