Heracross@Choice Band
Adamant
Brick Break
Rock Slide
Megahorn
Facade

lilmo25
26th April 2007, 12:20 PM
Ok thanks Scepgatr. I can make those changes. How well do you think I would do going for gold?

Vaporeon4evr
26th April 2007, 1:59 PM
Ok thanks Scepgatr. I can make those changes. How well do you think I would do going for gold?

Scepgatr's suggestions are fine, except you really can't predict how well you do in the BF. There's always a hax in the battle frontier. I'm using possibly the best BF team around, yet just yesterday I was fighting my eighth battle dome tournament, and a guy with a Walrein outran my Salamence (likely the work of Quick Claw) and used Sheer Cold, which hit the first time. After that, I sent out my Snorlax, but yet again Walrein went first and used Fissure, which hit the first time.

Moral of the story, you're team is good, but you may get frustrated. The BF is no easy deal, no matter how good your team.

crudent
26th April 2007, 2:00 PM
Unfortunately, a Salamence with Dragon Claw/Earthquake/Aerial Ace can totally demolish that team.

I'd suggest dumping either Metagross or Heracross (both have the same attacking role) for something bulkier, like a Regice/Swampert/Suicune/Milotic/Snorlax/Dusclops/Ludicolo.

Vaporeon4evr
26th April 2007, 2:01 PM
Unfortunately, a Salamence with Dragon Claw/Earthquake/Aerial Ace can totally demolish that team.

Precisely. Look out for weaknesses.

crudent
26th April 2007, 2:04 PM
Scepgatr's suggestions are fine, except you really can't predict how well you do in the BF. There's always a hax in the battle frontier. I'm using possibly the best BF team around, yet just yesterday I was fighting my eighth battle dome tournament, and a guy with a Walrein outran my Salamence (likely the work of Quick Claw) and used Sheer Cold, which hit the first time. After that, I sent out my Snorlax, but yet again Walrein went first and used Fissure, which hit the first time.

Moral of the story, you're team is good, but you may get frustrated. The BF is no easy deal, no matter how good your team.

Hax is but a minor factor in the games. You can use a team of Mewtwo, Rayquaza and Lugia and still get beaten by Frontier-style hax. But hax doesn't happen everytime.

Vaporeon4evr
26th April 2007, 2:14 PM
Hax is but a minor factor in the games. You can use a team of Mewtwo, Rayquaza and Lugia and still get beaten by Frontier-style hax. But hax doesn't happen everytime.

True. Just watch out for your weaknesses and devise a way to counter them. If salamence beats you every time you face it, then consider changing one of your pokemon.

lilmo25
26th April 2007, 8:50 PM

I'd suggest dumping either Metagross or Heracross (both have the same attacking role) for something bulkier, like a Regice/Swampert/Suicune/Milotic/Snorlax/Dusclops/Ludicolo.

I just caught a calm regice and don't mind dumping heracross to put it in

crudent
27th April 2007, 2:54 PM
OK then, put it in. And it's moveset too.

lilmo25
27th April 2007, 8:36 PM
For regice i was thinking
regice@?
calm
thunderbolt
ice beam
toxic/thunder wave
rest

crudent
28th April 2007, 2:42 AM
^ It works, maybe consider Sleep Talk as an option along with Toxic/Thunderwave. Put Leftovers on it.

[Kingdra]
28th April 2007, 2:43 AM
Bold also works.

lilmo25
28th April 2007, 12:34 PM
if i put leftovers on regice then what do i put on latias?

crudent
29th April 2007, 7:30 AM
Shell Bell.