PDA

View Full Version : Omg!!!!!!!!

My First Breloom
30th April 2007, 1:38 AM
My friend let me restart his emerald version, so, while i was training my torchic, i ran into a shiny poochyena;261; !!! I was planning to catch it,but it was in the beginning of the game and i had no pokeballs!!!!! So now im sad.....

Skater Trainer
30th April 2007, 2:09 AM
hahahahahahaahahahahahahah!!!!! jk sorry dude that sucks

ShinyManafi
30th April 2007, 2:19 AM
Wow, that sucks. Shinies usually show at the wrong time or when you least expect it..

imbored13
30th April 2007, 7:06 AM
Speaking of lost shinies in emerald, I had a shiny zigadoon in my emerald. then my game said the save file could not be loaded because of corruption or damage. This was 16 hours into the game. I restarted, and then it said they same thing 20 hours into the game.

Do you think that it's doing this because of damage or is there a possibility it's a bootlegged cartridge?

WarthogDemon
30th April 2007, 7:08 AM
Speaking of lost shinies in emerald, I had a shiny zigadoon in my emerald. then my game said the save file could not be loaded because of corruption or damage. This was 16 hours into the game. I restarted, and then it said they same thing 20 hours into the game.

Do you think that it's doing this because of damage or is there a possibility it's a bootlegged cartridge?

Sounds like it could be a bootleg.

The Mighty Wurmple
30th April 2007, 8:43 AM
Wow, very unlucky.
At least it wasn't the Zigzagoon you fight at the start, or even your rival's starter.

ChaosAngel
30th April 2007, 9:13 AM
wow... suxs, when u have no pokeball when a shiny pokemon appears in the beginning of the game.

futuramagirl
30th April 2007, 9:31 AM
Sorry to hear that. I'm very unlucky with my shinies because I've only come across two (not counting Red Gyrados) one I caught but I had to use my master ball because I was really desperate (this was a Numel) and the other one I had no pokeballs so I had to defeat it (This was a Maril)

top 8 guy
30th April 2007, 9:52 AM
Oooohh that happened to me but this was a wurmple lol and i had no pokeballs..... so i restarted my game in shame and guess what, my rival's pokemon was shiny!!!!

warpy
1st May 2007, 9:10 AM
i almost caught a shiny zigzagoon at the begining of a game (dam critical hits )

also my sister found a shiny girafarig in the safari zone and failed to catch it

pochamalover
2nd May 2007, 4:34 PM
that totally sucks its like seeing a shiny latias with no masterball or pokeballs
but worse

crudent
2nd May 2007, 4:54 PM
that's tough luck.

ahmad_bulba
3rd May 2007, 9:39 AM
Aww..poor you but at least u saw a shiny..i jsut captured 2 shinies in my whole Gb Life....

blendmaster0505
3rd May 2007, 1:31 PM
I've seen worse but that's definitely bad luck.

miken park
4th May 2007, 10:52 AM
Pretty darn cruel.

Oh well, at least you saw a shiny.

PsyDragon Trainer
4th May 2007, 11:07 AM
Lol. Remembers me when I was SR'ing for a Shiny Starter... The Poochyena who you encounter was Shiny, not the starter. That sucks.

Emerald Metagross
4th May 2007, 11:06 PM
I feel your pain. Once, when I restarted my LG for my Scramble Challenge I ran into a Shiny Pidgey at the Beginning of the game when you can't get any Pokéballs. Since then I've never seen another Shiny in my LG. >_<

tuxy18
4th May 2007, 11:17 PM
condolences =[

blaze boy
4th May 2007, 11:44 PM
get a life it is just a video game jeez some people. ¬_¬

The Wizard of LOZ
5th May 2007, 1:41 AM
so... it happened to me I got over it

Lord_Sunday
5th May 2007, 1:02 PM
yeh, but judging from ur little message below ur name and ur pic of shiny charmander u've caught more than youve let get away.....

K3v1n
5th May 2007, 1:11 PM
I'm so sorry to here that.Well I ran in to a shiny AIpom safari zone and it fled.I cried.

Aqua_Magma
5th May 2007, 1:17 PM
I was catching Dratinis in safari zone (before the 5th badge in LG) and iI ran into a shiny one! I was wery unlucky he escaped...*cries*

Arbok
5th May 2007, 1:29 PM
Yep, when you're out of Pokéballs, in the safari zone... All bad places to find Wild Shiny Pokémon. I once found a Shiny Nidorina in the Safari Zone, and my heart was bouncing all around. Not crazy, because the Nidorina could fled every moment. After all I caught it though.

But yeah, it's bad for you. :/ Hope you'll have more luck in the future.

AncientMew
6th May 2007, 1:51 PM
I spent about 6 hours starting my Fire Red over and over to try and get the shiny charmander then when I did I jumped up and yelled YES! so my sister yanked out the cartridge and yelled LOSER!!

Virtual Chatot
6th May 2007, 3:21 PM
In restarted my emerald 46 times trying to get that Shiny Beldum...
and guess what? When I finally got it...
I loved and cherished it and rose it to a shiny metagross...

Hmm...what were we talking about?
Oh yeah...sorry mate

tuxy18
14th May 2007, 6:07 AM
AncientMew your story made me laugh out loud. :]

Lief
14th May 2007, 6:23 AM
I caught a shiny ryhorn in the safari zone and foolishly traded it to my cousin who hacked it to level 100 and now it can't evolve! I could have easily traded him to get it back to get a shiny Ryperior! And then my second shiny was an electrode. It was level 60 something. I attacked it and it was down to yellow. Then I had to make a choice to switch out to a breloom to spore it or throw an ultra ball in an attempt to catch it before it used explosion, which I guessed it would have. I switched and it blew up in my Breloom's face!

Clash
14th May 2007, 6:52 AM
Just take comfort in knowing you found a shiny.

Roselia---Rozureido
14th May 2007, 10:13 PM
That's horrible. I feel your pain; I once lost a shiny Girafarig in the Safari Zone.

Lord_Sunday
15th May 2007, 9:54 AM
hehe, thought i was going to have another miss-out-on-a-shiny sob story but no! I caught the lv 15 larvitar. only had 4 balls, and nothing under level 65 in my pack. i only managed to catch it using confuse ray to get its health down to red, and it almost killed itself b4 it snapped out of confusion. then i managed ot get it in a nest ball, so when it comes out of the pokeball it has HEARTS flying around it before the stars.
dear oh dear

Conquistador
15th May 2007, 11:51 AM
Wow, very unlucky.
At least it wasn't the Zigzagoon you fight at the start, or even your rival's starter.

That'd suck because whenever you fight your rival you would be given a PAINFUL reminder of what could have been....

Anaya
19th May 2007, 7:34 AM
Aww, that sucks. I'm sorry to here that.

DarkTyphlosion157
28th May 2007, 9:10 PM
I killed a shiny Magikarp once. I cried.

Eevee_14
30th May 2007, 9:30 AM
i saw poochyena the same time you did i was gutted i had to turn the gameboy off :(

DarkTyphlosion157
30th May 2007, 3:07 PM
Now I'm hunting a shiny Cyndaquil. for a shiny Typhlosion. No luck yet.

Seth_X_of_Fortree
30th May 2007, 3:56 PM
I've only caught 3 shinies. Sandshrew while training (Thank God I carry around 50 ultraballs), Lairon while training, Magikarp from trade.

DarkTyphlosion157
30th May 2007, 4:21 PM
After I get Cyndaquil, I may hunt for a shiny Whismur to evolve into Exploud. Always liked that Pokemon.

pichufan25
30th May 2007, 4:52 PM
i have cached my female nidoran in safari zone too, i like the black nidoqueen and i have a shiny rhydon that is also catched in safari zone when i have diamond i let it evolve

Xashlei
31st May 2007, 11:40 AM
Man that stinks, but be glad you didn't lose a whole bunch in a game. I was training and met a Shiny Roselia (I didn't even know what Shinies were back then, then my sis told me when I asked her) so I tried to catch it and made it faint by accident when I was weakening it. I was so upset with myself! Much later in the game, I also caught the following: Shiny Tentacool, Shiny Golbat, Shiny Zubat, Shiny Numel, and another Shiny Tentacool. Most of these I evolved to their final stages except the Zubat and Golbat. One day I stopped playing a while to play another videogame. And what happens when I try to get back? My save data has been deleted. Has anyone else experienced this horrible feeling?!

Mello
2nd June 2007, 10:59 AM
Heh. This is why I always keep a few Pokeballs, and go and buy some more when I run out. Keep yourself stocked up on them.

Mullac51
2nd June 2007, 11:05 AM
The EXACT SAME THING happened to me. I always train my starter to lvl 12 before I have the first Rival battle. When I was lvl 9, and training my treecko, I ran into a shiny poochyena! I ofcourse didn't have and pokeballs, and i was spewing.
~M51

BlazikenBud
2nd June 2007, 11:14 AM
Sounds like it could be a bootleg.

What's bootleg? It happened to my emerald too.

I had a Shniy nincada in saphire, which also deleted itself. I had a shiny Meowth in FR, which I traded to coloseum to see what it would look like, but then my little brother deleted it.....

Ms. Zira Fell
2nd June 2007, 11:57 AM
Hmm... I know how you feel.

For me - a fisherman in Emerald had a shiny barboach, a lady at the battle pike had a shiny meowth and there was a shiny Nidorina in the battle factory :{

DaDonYordel
2nd June 2007, 2:13 PM
Well for me the first time I ever saw I shiny Pokemon was in the Battle Tower..it was a Qwilfish..it sucks if you can't capture such rare occurences...

mekky_9892
3rd June 2007, 12:38 PM
I've never even seen a shiny in any game, excluding the Shiny Gyarados, I feel unlucky...

DarkTyphlosion157
3rd June 2007, 1:48 PM
I ALWAYS keep 10 Ultra Balls with me, so I can catch any shinies that pop up.

P_S_B
3rd June 2007, 2:17 PM
The only third gen shiny I've ever seen was Wally's Ralts in Sapphire.

legendarypokemonjunkie17
3rd June 2007, 3:04 PM
Man, I feel sorry for you guys. I have seen 1 shiny, excluding Gyrados, and that was a Golbat in Meteor Falls in my Emerald. in the red, I only had lv. 60 pokemon, he was in the 30's, and every time I threw a ball, he broke free. I eventually caught him, my last ball too. I lost the cartridge a week later.

ShinyFufu
4th June 2007, 6:00 PM
lol, this doesn't even amount to the time I found seven shiny Zigzagoon while soft resetting for a shiny Torchic...on top of that, a couple of days ago, the Poochyena you encounter at the beginning of the game was shiny (I was soft resetting for a shiny Mudkip, and I still am), AND when I was soft resetting for a shiny Chimchar, the Starly at the beginning was shiny, too! I eventually got the shiny Chimchar, though. However, I do feel your pain, and I hope you can get a shiny to make up for your loss.

koxcstar23
4th June 2007, 6:03 PM
so... it happened to me I got over it

yeah happened to my sis I mean yay shiny, but you can find another one its no big deal.

koxcstar23
4th June 2007, 6:04 PM

why wouldnt anyone keep extra pokeballs--of any type--with them?

My First Breloom
15th June 2007, 3:24 AM
I have a bad history of losing shinies...my first shiny was a duskull is ruby but my friend asked if he can borrow it and then he sold it...then i found a shiny sableye in sapphire but my other friend borrowed it and erased it then i caught a shiny machop in an emerald version rom but since its in my computer it doesnt really count..so right now i dont have any shinies.

Nights
15th June 2007, 3:57 AM
Ouch, that's horrible; I feel sorry for you. Look at the bright side (if there is one), you at least encountered a shiny pokemon.

SilverLanayru
15th June 2007, 3:59 AM
hmm...-sighs- i used to have a shiny male banette lv.100 but someone jacked my emerald! i found it as a shuppet near the safari zone in sapphire before i traded it to emerald. when i encountered it, i only had kyogre in my party [i was currently training it that time] and so i didnt have a chance to weaken it. while i was going through my bag, i only had a timer ball and a great ball left but i got lucky. the timer ball failed but not the great ball ^-^. ive been unlucky once...in my firered i found a shiny nidoran[M] but it ran off. i totally hate it when it comes to finding shinies in the safari zone. they'll run off easily. 0.000012205% is such a low percentage no wonder its so rare. so now i currently dont have any shinies...

Nights
15th June 2007, 3:59 AM
I've never even seen a shiny in any game, excluding the Shiny Gyarados, I feel unlucky...
You are not alone, I have the same bad luck.

pichufan25
15th June 2007, 8:10 AM

10 ultra balls?? i always have 198 ultra's with me.
A few days ago i also ran into an shiny poochyena while soft resetting for shiny torchic.

Conquistador
15th June 2007, 8:41 AM
Annoying, yes, life ending, no.

Meh, get over it. :P

yami_of_light
15th June 2007, 12:10 PM
On topic- That totally sucks dude. My friend ran into shiny rattata on his fire red at the beggining =O

yami_of_light
15th June 2007, 12:11 PM
Soz for the double post, i got lagged =O

Heliotrope
15th June 2007, 12:15 PM
I encountered a shiny Poochyena while SR'ing for Torchic, too. ^^;

Heaven's Illusion
15th June 2007, 12:31 PM
The only time I ever remember having a horrible encounter with a shiny was back when I first got my Leaf Green. I was at Mt. Moon raising my team. Bulbasaur, Pidgey, Nidorino, Beedrill, Pikachu (As far as I can remember). Since I remember catching all pokemon at Mt. Moon, I felt no need to have Pokeballs. All I had left was 3 Pokeballs. Sometime before I encountered the first of the Rocket Grunts, a Shiny Clefairy appeared (Level 7). I used Bulbasaur and Pidgey to lower it's HP down to Red and I used the Pokeballs. All of them failed to catch it so I just took it out with Bulbasaur resulting in a loss of a shiny pokemon and a gain of an Ivysaur. Eventually I caught a Shiny Clefairy by SR'ing in the Celadon Game Corner.

rekreatur
15th June 2007, 1:20 PM
Once I had no pokeballs with me and a shiny sandshrew comed across:@ me I was so angry I went to the store and bought 50 great balls and went to look for it(I tought it would be still there) but then I found a shiny skarmory and a shiny spinda and instead of a shiny sandshrew:D

The Shadow Knight
15th June 2007, 1:20 PM
I seem to be getting a shiny like every two months,zigzagoon 4 months ago,mankey 2 months ago and this month a shiny zubat.

eonmaster_457
17th June 2007, 9:28 AM
too bad, at least you saw a shiny!
the only shiny i ever saw was the red gyarados...

Shiny qwilfish of doom
29th June 2007, 10:03 AM
i was eating dairy queen while walking through seavault caynon.then a spearow appeared then a star sound sounded.OMG!A SHINY SPEAROW!i threw a ultra ball without making it take damage.then i caught it.(i was not paying attention at the time)

EternalSmasherSceptile
29th June 2007, 10:06 AM
OMG, that's never happened to me!
OMG, I feel quite sorry for you.
OMG, this is one big discussion over something small!

leonheart
29th June 2007, 10:56 AM
ive only had 1 shiny encounters on 3rd gen, a Kecleon. luckily, i got it, but i said my mate could have a go on a new game, but told him not to save it. so what does he do? saves it! i should have given him sapphire instead of ruby. but i was kind of in a no-win situation. one had the shiny Kecleon, the other had a team of lvl 100's, i'd have lost out both ways.

the other time ive had a shiny was a krabby on gold and silver, which i caught and i think i still have somewhere, knocking around on the old games

MiloticMistress
29th June 2007, 12:25 PM
My shiny encounters:

Ruby: A Pikachu in the Safari Zone near the start. This was my first save file and first shiny and I was lucky enough to catch it and evolve it - it's currently somewhere on one of my friend's Sapphire game.
Restarting for fun, I ran into a Wurmple. I turned off the game.

Emerald: A Wingull on one of the sea routes as I was looking for Latias, evolved it and lost Emerald at my friend's house with Emerald (not the one with my shiny Raichu).

FireRed: My only current shiny, a Pidgeot. I saw it as a Pidgey in the Berry Forest exploring, and boy was I happy =D.

mallubear07
29th June 2007, 4:08 PM
that must be frusrating i havent seen a shiny since gyarados back in g/s/c/

SHUCKLE MAN
29th June 2007, 6:36 PM
Im lucky, Ive always been able to get my shinies. Rattata in Gold, Rattata in Leaf Green, Anorithe in Emerald, Milotic in Emerald.

nubinator
29th June 2007, 6:50 PM
That must've sucked.... I once saw a shiny Wingull at the beginning of the game and could'nt catch it. Though I did'nt know of shiny Pokemon back then.

DarkTyphlosion157
29th June 2007, 9:40 PM
I've had debateable luck with shinies. I found a shiny Electrode at the Battle Tower, killed a shiny Magikarp, caught a Jolly shiny Zubat and found SHINY REGISTEEL WITHOUT SR'ING. And caught it. It helped to have 50 Ultra Balls and 10 Timers :) :) :) :)

Kabuto
29th June 2007, 9:51 PM
LOL How do you kill a magikarp, its like the easiest pkmn to catch >>

Nice on the registeel, I was almost as lucky, getting registeel on my 26th (approx) try.

No luck on shinies lately, but then again no luck >>bad luck.

GardeBoy
30th June 2007, 12:13 AM
Wow, very unlucky.
im pretty sure that shinies can only apear in the wild and in the battle tower/frontier(with the exeption of a shiny espeon in fr/lg

Black Widow
30th June 2007, 12:16 AM
Shinies appear anywhere Pokemon are randomly generated, so yes, both your rival's starter and Wally's Ralts can be shiny.

Champion Jared 14
30th June 2007, 12:35 AM
Lordy, when are we gonna stop seeing the OMG threads?!?!? I know you feel bad about it, but is it worth posting a whole thread about it? NO. Hey, I lost shiny mawile, hariyama, exeggcute, and bellosom now, but I'm not crying. Please take this to the shiny discussion.

DarkTyphlosion157
30th June 2007, 2:55 PM
I'm going for Shiny Gastly right now. I'm gonna T-Wave it, then throw Ultra Balls. If it Curses, it'll make life easier

Evil Genius
1st July 2007, 3:30 AM
I once ran into a shiny Milotic in the Battle Pike on Emerald. I was really annoyed.

PsychicsRox
1st July 2007, 3:41 AM
I was so stupid. I restarted my game with my Shiny Zizagoon in it T_T. Obviously, it was because I didn't know what a Shiny Pokemon was.
And I also saw a Shiny Chikorita in the Battle Tower >.< .

Marky Vigoroth
1st July 2007, 4:03 AM
I got a shiny Altaria once, yet it got deleted along with a past save file...

help
1st July 2007, 7:43 AM
The same thing happened to my bro's friend at the beginning of diamond with a shiny starly.

Blaperile
4th July 2007, 1:44 PM
Like some say: that sucks.

(Well) Then
4th July 2007, 2:44 PM
I only ran into a shiny weedle in viridian forest, I only had 2 pokeballs and 1 of them it broke out of, I was freakin nervous, but glad i caught it.

My brother is a diffrent story, he was training his eevee on krabby and A shiny one popped up and neither of us noticed untill it said its cry and it fainted, my brother was to tired to notice! However, he mad up by catching a shiny whismur and carvahna.

sambo
4th July 2007, 3:52 PM
I have a shiny Espeon int he battle tower, well, it's not mine, but the person that has the espeon on double battles on fire red/leaf green battle tower has a shiny one, i see it everytime i do it.

Trillian
4th July 2007, 5:08 PM
The EXACT SAME THING happened to me. I always train my starter to lvl 12 before I have the first Rival battle. When I was lvl 9, and training my treecko, I ran into a shiny poochyena! I ofcourse didn't have and pokeballs, and i was spewing.
~M51

Almost the same with me. In Sapphire/Emerald I train my starter to lv.10 before the rival battle, so a lot of the time I was muttering, "Don't be shiny, don't be shiny." It worked, thankfully. The worst luck I've had with shinies was back in the 2nd generation. In my gold file, I came across a shiny larvitar while training for Red, but my pokémon were all level 70-odds against this level 12 or so larvitar, and, without status attacks, all I could do was throw my remaining six ultra balls at it. It wouldn't stay in any of them.

I was extremely nervous when I encountered shiny girafirig in the safari zone in sapphire, but it stayed in the ball the third try. Also I had very few pokéballs in LG when I ran into my shiny dugtrio (and it took out my bellsprout, the only pokémon with a type advantage!) because I couldn't really afford to buy any more, but in the end it stayed in the ball.

metal mewtwo
8th July 2007, 6:32 AM
i feel for u man i was soft reseting to get a shiny treeko and i saw 3 shiny poochyena in the battles it made me feel sad

Golden Rapidash
8th July 2007, 6:47 AM
Ah, hard luck man. I saw a shiny Wurmple once in the beginning and I had no pokeballs, but I just got ticked off but I got over it ;)

mekky_9892
12th July 2007, 7:00 PM
Well, Golden Rapidash, shiny Poochyenas look a lot better than shiny Wurmples :P

I've never caught a shiny. But the other day I went in Victory Road on my friend's Sapphire and found a shiny Loudred after 3 battles. He won't let me have it. :(

DIARUGA Trainer
12th July 2007, 7:22 PM
Dude that freakin' sucks! You've got to be the unluckiest person in the pokemon universe right now! Oh well better luck next time! I hope that you'll always have a couple of pokeballs after that, just in case.

mallubear07
14th July 2007, 11:40 AM
i saw a shiny shroomish in my emerald in that woods place anyway,i had 4 pokeballs and caught it in one!

shinys caught:1

Shining Mew
17th July 2007, 8:59 PM
post in the shiny discussion please