PDA

View Full Version : can this pokemon be my special sweeper in battle tower?

freedom-123
30th April 2007, 9:41 AM
can the following houndoom be my special sweeper in battle facilities in emerald? and how well will it go?

stats:
hp: 312
attack: 228
defence: 103 -_-
special attack: 300...is this enough?
special defence: 212
speed: 237

moveset:
> flamethrower
>crunch
>sludge bomb
>iron tail

please tell me honestly how well will houndoom go as my special sweeper

also i do not know what item to let it hold if it does become my sepcial sweeper, so please give me some ideas about that as well, and changes to the move set is also welcome!

ty!

The Mighty Wurmple
30th April 2007, 9:54 AM
Special Sweeper? Mixed sweeper more like it with those moves.

- Flamethrower
- Crunch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Substitute/Something
With Petaya/Salac berry.

top 8 guy
30th April 2007, 10:08 AM
Well with a moveset like that, I think those stats aren't gonna go too well with it. Try breeding for a new one? lol

freedom-123
30th April 2007, 10:15 AM
omg...i dont have either of those berries o.O"...and mighty wurmple...whats the difference between special sweeper and mixed sweeper? and if i switch iron tail with will-o-wisp(preferably another move since i dont wanna breed another one >.>)...the houndoom would be good to go in battle facilities right?

freedom-123
30th April 2007, 10:21 AM
how about this moveset:
>flamethrower
>crunch
>toxic
>roar (or something...)

crudent
30th April 2007, 2:09 PM
Toxic? Roar? No no no.

Go with TMW's set above, with Leftovers. Another set would be:

Houndoom @ Leftovers
- Sunny Day
- Flamethrower
- Solarbeam
- Crunch

The Mighty Wurmple
30th April 2007, 11:38 PM
omg...i dont have either of those berries o.O"...and mighty wurmple...whats the difference between special sweeper and mixed sweeper? and if i switch iron tail with will-o-wisp(preferably another move since i dont wanna breed another one >.>)...the houndoom would be good to go in battle facilities right?

A Special Sweeper is a Pokemon with all Special Moves. Not counting support/status moves.

A Mixed Sweeper, on the other hand, use both Physical and Special moves, like your Houndoom.