PDA

View Full Version : What is the most annoying thing in D/P

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Mamoswine Power
30th April 2007, 8:24 PM
What is the most annoying thing in D/P
Everybody must have one thing that annoys them in the game.
I really do love the game but the selection of pokemon is quite poor so everyone ends up with the same team. For example you want a water pokemon you go for floatsail, grass you go for budew, fire you go for pontya. I know this isn't always the case but you know what i mean.

Valdoom
30th April 2007, 9:05 PM
yeah thats the same for me, i chose Staraptor, Luxray and Roserade like many other people, although i didn't choose ponyta just going to teach Garchomp flamethrower instead

Pochaki
30th April 2007, 9:55 PM
umm, I don't think all ppl will use the same pokemon for each types...cuz for grass pokemon, I used my starter turwig. ^^ and for water, Shellos is really good too.
ps. I think some pokemon are too overated sometimes. -_-

anyways, as for annoying thing in D/P...well, I guess the wild encounter rates in some places like Mt. Coronet is pretty annoying to me . XD

EmberStar the Blaziken
1st May 2007, 2:56 AM
Catching the Trio. They won't stay in the ball.

Tayuri
1st May 2007, 3:07 AM
I second the really, really miserable selection of Pokemon as my pet peeve.
I also feel like the leveling of your opponents is a little weird... One town, I feel like I'm way stronger than everyone around, and then suddenly I'm way underleveled.

Shadow_07
1st May 2007, 3:29 AM
I hate how slow the Surfing is.

Tyranny of Tyranitar
1st May 2007, 3:34 AM
They changed the bike to checkpoint back to what it was in 1st gen. In 2nd and 3rd gen, you could ride your bike through the checkpoints near the exits of towns, but now you can't (although you can run everywhere). I also don't like the surfing speed. It is very slow!

Full Metal
1st May 2007, 3:35 AM
I third the horrid selection of Pokemon as a pet peeve. At least one form of Starly, Bidoof, Buizel and Shellos can be found in almost every Route in the game. Also, pre-National Dex, the ONLY Fire Pokemon are Chimchar and Ponyta. Even post National Dex, one of the few Fire Pokemon is a legendary, another is an evolution of Magmar, and the others are older Pokemon that can only be found with previous versions inserted in the GBA slot. And STILL, there are very few of those. Growlithe, Magby, Torkoal, and Houndoom are the the only ones.
So let's count... not including evolutions, just what you get from the wild/starter:

Chimchar
Ponyta
Heatran
Magby
Growlithe
Torkoal
Houndoom

Seven... out of 493 Pokemon, 34 of which are at least part Fire, (it may not sound like much, but remember theres 17 types) only SEVEN are able to be found in Diamond/Pearl without using the Pal Park.

/endrant

Sonozaki Maya
1st May 2007, 3:48 AM
Surfing's at an all new slow. >_>;;

One of the most important things: WHY ONLY TWO NEW FIRE TYPES IN SINNOH?!

Catching the Trio. They won't stay in the ball.

Dusk Balls are your friends.

haggis
1st May 2007, 3:50 AM
I third the horrid selection of Pokemon as a pet peeve. At least one form of Starly, Bidoof, Buizel and Shellos can be found in almost every Route in the game. Also, pre-National Dex, the ONLY Fire Pokemon are Chimchar and Ponyta. Even post National Dex, one of the few Fire Pokemon is a legendary, another is an evolution of Magmar, and the others are older Pokemon that can only be found with previous versions inserted in the GBA slot. And STILL, there are very few of those. Growlithe, Magby, Torkoal, and Houndoom are the the only ones.
So let's count... not including evolutions, just what you get from the wild/starter:

Chimchar
Ponyta
Heatran
Magby
Growlithe
Torkoal
Houndoom

Seven... out of 493 Pokemon, 34 of which are at least part Fire, (it may not sound like much, but remember theres 17 types) only SEVEN are able to be found in Diamond/Pearl without using the Pal Park.

/endrant

But you're supposed to count the evos...

Most annoying thing for me is getting a female burmy T_T

Full Metal
1st May 2007, 3:53 AM
Meh, still. Fire is way, way, way outnumbered by Water in D/P.

Drkecho
1st May 2007, 3:59 AM
Definetly surfing speed and I think the encounter rate went up

Andydemon
1st May 2007, 5:14 AM
This may be off topic but, the most annoying thing about D/P in my opinion is, that they still haven't fixed how you can't make your pokemon forget HM moves, seriously, I can never get a proper set of moves because of that, it's giving me a hard time to figure out what move set I want for Roselia before I evolve it because I can't get rid of cut.

LocoUser16
1st May 2007, 5:20 AM
The gym puzzles are really annoying and a waste of time

Cifala
1st May 2007, 5:26 AM
I find it odd how everyone is saying that the team selection is usually the same.

For Water types, you can use Shellos, Buizel, Bibarel, Wooper, and Tentacool.
For Fire, well, you do need to have Ponyta if you don't have the starter, however I used Skuntank with Flamethrower in Diamond.
For Grass, there's Budew, Carnivine, Snover, and Cherubi.

People seem to be impatient as in they want to have a full team by the second badge. I can see why, but I didn't even get Lucario, Rampardos, and Glaceon on my team until before the League. (yes, I completed my dex before challanging the 4)

Flame Haze SnS
1st May 2007, 5:28 AM
Lack of Fire-type Pokemon before Elite Four, the speed of Surf (outside the battle), and can't put Items in the PC.

Jkun
1st May 2007, 5:28 AM
I absolutely HATE the Sinnoh dex. Luckily, I'm about on my 8th gym badge now, so I should get the National here soon...

But seriously, IT SUCKS! :[

gdragon5
1st May 2007, 5:47 AM
My greiveace is not as much an annoyance but instead a surprise, by the time I reached Cyrus my Empoleon was level 70 I tore through them like a ogre in a tea house.

MaximeDeavila
1st May 2007, 5:52 AM
Well, i dont mind the shinnoh dex so much because i can just get the old ones. And their is no need to surf fast because thier isnt that much water. What i dont like is that whenever i am inside a cave i cant go five steps without seeing some wild pokemon. The second thing that i think needed improvement is that whenever a stat was altered it had its own color(attack=red, speed=blue etc...). Now its just Yellow if its going up, and blue if its going down, it was really a lot easier/cooler with the colors, but that may be just my opinion

kronos
1st May 2007, 6:07 AM
There was nothing that was MOST annoying but these things were annoying :
Slow level up and high levels.
Victory road.
Rival dashing towards me.
Hairstyle of team galctic.
Much more.

RPG Maker
1st May 2007, 7:54 AM
The battle and text speed; everything seems so slow compared to last generation.

*infamous94*
1st May 2007, 7:55 AM
1. Surfing outside of battle. Period.
2. Encounter rate. Every 10 steps unless I used a repel will be a wild pokemon.
3. Rival saying "What was that about?" in the game.
4. The fact that you get the Riolu egg after the 6th badge.
5. Catching Uxie was a absolute b****.

Dusk Balls are your friends.

It was in a cave. I was playing at night. What more could you ask for? But it still wouldn't wiggle even once. Azlef though, I caught on my first Dusk Ball.
6. The 7th gym puzzle. I spent a hour trying to figure out what to do.

I can't think of anymore right now......

Arande
1st May 2007, 8:05 AM
The fact you STILL can't buy lemonade in bulk (heals 80 for only 350, screw your hyperpotions) Same with honey.

The upped encounter rate. Seriously, I've had fights in literally 1 step from another.

GTS is ok, but lack of being able to find more than up to 7 offers at once is annoying. The fact you can't check their status is also annoying to tell if they are hacked or not.

Can't wifi mystery gift or underground through the internets :/

The fact I have to figure out EV train locations again :P

And for whoever that was, you can forget HM moves, just have to go to the move deleter. It prevents someone from accidently deleting a HM move in the field and trapping themselves permanently.

xxlil_Devilxx
1st May 2007, 8:09 AM
The thing that annoys me the most are the encounter rate
there are times that after one encounter, as I turn to another side (no movement) another encounter pops up
very very annoying

Conquistador
1st May 2007, 8:36 AM
It might just be me, but when parylised it seems you can't attack more than in the 3rd Gen.

EDIT: @ Lil Devil:

I know! I just turn around and a battle spring on me! SO FREAKING ANNOYING.

xxlil_Devilxx
1st May 2007, 9:32 AM
The fact you STILL can't buy lemonade in bulk (heals 80 for only 350, screw your hyperpotions) Same with honey.

The upped encounter rate. Seriously, I've had fights in literally 1 step from another.

GTS is ok, but lack of being able to find more than up to 7 offers at once is annoying. The fact you can't check their status is also annoying to tell if they are hacked or not.

Can't wifi mystery gift or underground through the internets :/

Agree with those and also will add the slow factor in the game...even in fast speed, no battle animations....sigh
Oh, and also the VS seeker, can only use with the ppl within range and once every 2 mins? bring the old ruby/sapp version back !!

NES
1st May 2007, 9:40 AM
*12 stupid hours to wait for a pokemon in a tree, and then it being a Wurmple >_<-

*GTS, you can't look for pokemon you don't see, which is stupid because you want them for the dex. And about the users, the annoying part are all the idiots that want a super level 100 legendary for a simple pokemon ....

Raichao
1st May 2007, 9:54 AM
*The fact that the old version pokemon cries are so loud and terrible compared to the new ones

*waiting 12 hours next to a honey tree for a Pokemon, and it's a wurmple

*two fire types available before the national dex

PowerOfSG
1st May 2007, 10:09 AM
And for whoever that was, you can forget HM moves, just have to go to the move deleter. It prevents someone from accidently deleting a HM move in the field and trapping themselves permanently.

Its already fixed, yeah?

John was walking through Cave XXX with his Blaziken and it used Rock Smash on a rock. Then he went to the next floor. By now the rocks would have come back, right? So he fought a Level 80 Golbat (Don't Ask Why It's So Strong) So he KO'd it. His Blaziken wanted to learn Fire Blast. OK, he said, let's forget Rock Smash. Poof! Rock Smash was forgotten. By now, he wanted to get out. How, he said. Well, simple, teach Blaziken Rock Smash again!

So yeah, think before you speak

Shiny Supercow
1st May 2007, 10:32 AM
The lack of variety in wild pokemon, even in the 5th town, i still encounter a Geodude and bidoof!!

We've got more than 400 pokes!!! Damn!

freeganXL
1st May 2007, 10:42 AM
I agree that the surfing is way too slow.
As for catching the trio - Uxie was difficult purely because i had no sleeping/confusing/poisoning/paralyzing moves to use! But got Azelf after my Skuntank used night slash and got it's HP low and used quick ball and caught it staight away! As for Mesprit i am going to wait until i have traded a masterball from my sapphire.

NES
1st May 2007, 10:46 AM
I got Uxie with the first ultraball, can't say the same of Azelf...son of a bi... i had to spam it with ultraballs/timer etc. even with red hp >_<.

Bulbatordile
1st May 2007, 10:49 AM
GTS - it itself is good enough, but all the trades for lv 100 legendaries, or high level unevolved pokes is annoying. So thats more a problem with the users not the game.

Encounter rate... It can get annoying, especially when its usually either Starly, Bidoof or, later on, Bibarel.

Honey Trees, I like the idea but it takes far too long.

Having to get off the bike to get through town gates, not the end of the world, especially if you have the bike registered to the Y button, but I was so glad when the 2nd gen took that bit out.

Vs Seeker. I didn't like it in FR/LG. Personally I'd prefer a phone/register system like G/S/C or R/S/E - but atleast this way - no "oooh I saw a Wingull...oh its gone" calls!

When I started the game, the amount of critical hits the wild pokemon seemed to have...

These are only small annoyances though.

Mcr 4 life
1st May 2007, 11:48 AM
The seletion of fire type pokemon i wish they included Growlithe or made magmar available before the national dex

Stiker
1st May 2007, 12:09 PM
The fact that Repels don't work when you have a "Friend"/ Helper with you.

Omegafire
1st May 2007, 12:14 PM
I love it how people will complain the Legend Trio is so hard to catch.
They're legendary Pokemon not common Bidoofs.
geez T_T

mewmew202
1st May 2007, 12:22 PM
I wish that there were more fire types, much faster surfing, lower encounter rate though I suppose it is nessasary with all the pokemon and a bunch of other things.

FireHead Hank
1st May 2007, 12:25 PM
I really love the game and the only anoying thing for me at the moment is the rarity of the Dusk stone in the Sinnoh underground.

Glitch
1st May 2007, 12:27 PM
Oh come on! Who says we all use those pokemon?

My Chatot will be my Flying. Chatter owns.

Golduck will be my water poke. There will be Infernape as my starter. Stick on Earthquake to Rampardos, Add a Carnivine on there and a Weavile or an Abomasnow and I'm pretty good to go.

I might have to level up a bit more though.

4. The fact that you get the Riolu egg after the 6th badge.

I got mine before that. >.>

TheMoonman
1st May 2007, 12:36 PM
Nothing in the game truly annoys me, though there are a few that bug me in that rare occasion or two:

1. The slowness of the battles. They could've atleast pumped it up a bit, some turns can last for more than a whole minute practically.

2. The lack of variety of the National Dex. I didn't have a problem with fire-types as I chose Chimchar, but I can see how it can irritate some who picked Turtwig or Piplup.

That's about it. I can't say anything about catching Azelf and Uxie as I didn't attempt that yet. And the extreme slowness of surfing doesn't bother me at all. Unlike the past games, there are hardly any times you have to surf at all, and that was really cool to hear for me, since those surfing routes in the other games got really annoying and boring.

Arande
1st May 2007, 5:24 PM
Its already fixed, yeah?

John was walking through Cave XXX with his Blaziken and it used Rock Smash on a rock. Then he went to the next floor. By now the rocks would have come back, right? So he fought a Level 80 Golbat (Don't Ask Why It's So Strong) So he KO'd it. His Blaziken wanted to learn Fire Blast. OK, he said, let's forget Rock Smash. Poof! Rock Smash was forgotten. By now, he wanted to get out. How, he said. Well, simple, teach Blaziken Rock Smash again!

So yeah, think before you speak

Jeez, you don't need to get all crazy over a simple mistake <_< Point still stands there's the move deleter, and forgot to mention the move tutor.

MonopolyMoneyBag
1st May 2007, 5:32 PM
The most annoying thing in D/P are some of the Pokemon... Bidoof pop up everywhere before you even get to the first gym, and when you want to catch something else like a Starly, 'HEY LOOK! ANOTHER BIDOOF! Number... Five thousand, seventeen...'

That's what is the most annoying thing for me.

And Bronzong's... Those things just piss me off because of their high defense.

SharpSymmetry
1st May 2007, 5:33 PM
the most annoying thing about DP is the starters are worthless...period.

Metal Force
1st May 2007, 5:35 PM
How the surfing is slow, also I hate the fact that you can only get Ponyta as a fire pokemon if you didn't get the fire starter, and I didn't/won't catch Ponyta, not that I hate it but the fact I don't have time to raise it.

Jash Thor
1st May 2007, 6:14 PM
You can't store items in your own PC anymore. 'Tis much annoying.

Omegafire
1st May 2007, 9:10 PM
oh btw the only thing that annoys me is the E4
god, I pity them all.

Lunar
1st May 2007, 10:57 PM
Annoyed by Ponyta like others have mentioned. I'd like to point out that not only is Ponyta your only non-Chimchar option, but that Ponyta is a HORRIBLE Fire type in game. It only learns Ember until 38 and even then, Fire Blast is a pretty poor in game move. Only 5 PP means you can't use it on every single battle you run into and so far I've missed 2-3 of those 5 on average. Right now I'm hoping Flare Drive will FINALLY make him a decent Fire type by surpressing his evolution until 48.

Also, Bronzor and Bronzong are terribly irritating to run into. They're incredibly hard to take down effeciently with only 1 weakness that you only have a 50% chance of hitting and resist most of your other options (thank God Torterra learns Crunch for when they dodge his EQ). It's also impossible to move in the later caves without Water and Grass at the front. The chance of running into a Graveller who will Self Destruct or Explode if you can't OHKO him is simply too great to risk anything else. In some ways, I appreciate the more diverse set of resistances you have to deal with, but Graveller's love of exploding on your switch-in is a little too much.

blob
2nd May 2007, 1:30 AM
Munchlax is so hard to find in-game! No-one has him on their team, and the only way to find him is to 1. Get him from a Honey tree (VERY HARD!) and wait 12 hours! The stupid Pokémon take THAT long to respond to the smell of Honey!? You can't even make the time go ford without adding another 24 Hours. 2. get Snorlax in your Dex and get someone to trade them from the Global trading Centre, and HOPE someone has two Snorlax for you to breed! (That is, of course assuming you can get Full Insense before the National Dex).

ShinyManafi
2nd May 2007, 2:54 AM
It kills my DS battery too fast.

once in a blue Mew
2nd May 2007, 3:04 AM

It does? I thought it was my DS Lite... Weird.

-The fact that they use the words "n00b" and "own*[ed]"
-Riolu isn't a wild Pokemon
-You have to see all of the Pokemon in order to get the Nat. Pokedex, and yet you can trade Pokemon that are outside of the Sinnoh Pokedex on Wi-Fi and on Local Wi-Fi

*Can't remember if they used "Own" or "Owned"

NES
2nd May 2007, 3:11 AM

What light are you using?, mine seems to last a lot with the second.

ShadowDragon16
2nd May 2007, 3:45 AM
Mine Problem is the Munchlax and the female combee.

Sapphire luvr
2nd May 2007, 4:22 AM
Things I dont like are:
Surfing speed
Mud/snow
wild pokemon that are always the same (thank god for repels)
thats about it.

jasons89
2nd May 2007, 4:26 AM
1. The encounter rate is out of control, and the frequency for running from battles is lowered. I never go anywhere without cleanse tag/smoke ball on my first pokemon.
2. As was mentioned before: fire types. At least Diamond players get skuntanks with FT. Having to level a ponyta to 40 would make me angry.
3. Low amount of evolution items. This has always annoyed me. All evolution items should be sold at the department store; putting one of each in the game or making me waste hours farming them doesn't make the game any more fun.
4. Bronzong. I shouldn't have to tell anyone how ridiculously overpowered this thing is. Everything about it is engineered to lock down your pokemon and verify that it succumbs to a slow death via toxic. Absolutely sick.

Bull
2nd May 2007, 4:26 AM
The fog and the random battles as always, I really get bored with the tediousness of having to face twenty million trainers between anything important in the game. The best part of the game is once you're done playing with others.

Yuuki
2nd May 2007, 4:27 AM
How has no one mentioned the Safari Zone? A random two SZ-exclusive Pokes show up per day, are rare within the confines, only have a 50% chance of being female, and enjoy neither being trapped in a Safari Ball nor letting you try very often before fleeing.

Oh, and the thing where I die on every other seventh battle of a Battle Tower run. But that's about as much to do with the game as my hideous luck with status. Enemies thaw the turn they freeze, my Pokes can't hit anything that isn't them when they're confused, etc. That's just my poor fortune.

And in-game teams are easy. I breezed through the game with an Infernape, Gyarados, Beautifly, and Sneasel (who didn't show up until E4) (plus evolution-leveled Bibarel and Pelliper for HMs). My highest level was 50 going in against Aaron.

+Rhapsody+
2nd May 2007, 4:32 AM
1. Team Galactic
2. The lack of fire types before the National Dex
3. The lack of good training areas for high-leveled Pokemon. (In preparation for the Elite Four, it requires quite a lot of training. The VS Seeker is not reliable, because I can only battle about one or two trainers at a time. This leaves me with Victory Road, where the Gravelers are sure to explode and the Steelix are sure to pawn my Staraptor, causing me to switch in and loose vital experience points.)
4.The rate of side affects for certain attacks such as Water Pulse and paralyzing electric moves seems to have risen.
5. The fact that you have to remove the Ball Capsules from your Pokemon if you wish to store them in a box.
6. Finding Gibble
7. Capturing Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf
8. Floatzel's mediocre movepool before breeding for Egg moves.
9. Slow Surf speed
10. The constant hail on the route to Snowpoint makes battles last forever.
11. The use of Internet sp33k to appeal to the foruming masses.

*infamous94*
2nd May 2007, 4:39 AM
I got mine before that. >.>

Ok, fine let me fix it.

4. The fact that you get the Riolu egg after beating the 5th gym, and getting Surf from Cynthia's grandma. Then, you have to surf across Route 218 to get to Canalave City. After that, I take the boat to Iron Island and go through the cave until you reach Riley. Then I have to help Riley through the cave to finally get it.

There, happy?

Chouru
2nd May 2007, 4:41 AM
Here's my main annoyance. I wanted a Lucky egg. So I went out to find some Chansey. Level 16, down to near 1 HP (there was only a tiny little sliver, the smallest possible), I used ultra balls, maybe 20. It evaded everything. I was at school so I couldn't use dusk balls, but I doubt it would have helped anyway. Why is a level 16 able to get out of Ultra Balls? Never had that problem before in any other pokemon game.

I'm aware that Chansey is somewhat of a rare pokemon, and it makes sense for it to be somewhat hard to catch. But Ultra Balls? (I even tried Quick Balls, I would hit it once or twice and get it to red, then use three quick balls, still nothing).

Oh well, I gave up anyway. I'll just try it later, I guess.

Tabris
2nd May 2007, 5:12 AM
Not really that annoying, but extremely tedious.

My brother resetting my DS and effectively ridding me of my Quiet Dialga with perfect SpAtt and Def, decent HP and SpDef and crappy speed. At first I thought it wouldn't be too bad since I was having a problem deciding whether or not to keep it or not.

Since then, every Dialga I've gotten has paled in comparison.

Thread: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=223069

Lunar
2nd May 2007, 5:17 AM
Your rival throws out Munchlax when you fight with him before battling Dialga/Palkia. One of the Gym Leaders or Elite 4 members throws out Vespiquen I think.

Arahabaki
2nd May 2007, 5:34 AM
i got shellos instead of floatsel and monferno instead of ponyta

tiltstick
2nd May 2007, 5:44 AM
I know some of you might disagree, but I say the unnecessary long pokemon animations. Of course this can be fixed by some repels, but I'm too lazy to keep doing that every few steps. This was probably already posted, but I say surfing is slower than a crippled Forretress.

xxlil_Devilxx
2nd May 2007, 6:02 AM
Add the small "item" bag section please.
I mean the sep sections of the bag is cool but when you get too many different kinds of "item" in one section it get really messy.
Please bring back the pc so we can store the stuff...

Jiraiya
2nd May 2007, 6:27 AM
People complain about poor choice of fire types, but what about flying? The flying choices are god awful.

Lunar
2nd May 2007, 7:16 AM
People complain about poor choice of fire types, but what about flying? The flying choices are god awful.

Staraptor is simply too cool to complain about :D

Jiraiya
2nd May 2007, 7:18 AM
Staraptor is simply too cool to complain about :D

I'll pass on that.

Lexinad
2nd May 2007, 7:42 AM
Everything everyone else said, the fact that leveling up is too easy and because of the high encounter rate my Torterra was level 69 by the time I got to the elite 4.

P.S My torterra was so hi leveled it beat the elite 4 two times before I beat the elite 4.

Big bang theology
2nd May 2007, 7:58 AM
hm...im surprised no one mentioned feebass

things that annoy me:
High encounter rate
Crap pokemon rosters (srsly on one fire jeez)
FEEBASS
stupid honey tree crap

hm...cant think of much else, other than that, eveything else is fine

on a side note...peoples....the sprites are easy, hell i caught two of them within a 15 minute play. So stop B****ing and just be fecking patient hell theyre legendaries theyre not supposed to be easy.

hiou2
2nd May 2007, 8:02 AM
I hate how long it takes the pokemon to come out of the balls.

xgina
2nd May 2007, 8:32 AM
stupid surf.

POKEMON KING LEAFGREEN
2nd May 2007, 10:18 AM
Team Galactic:

1) I'm going to teh pwnzor you with mah level 30 Wurmple (wtf).

2) I leik to go around in these r3taded uniforms.

3) I leik blue hair.

4) I'm going to use this random space-time dragon to create a new galaxy.

5) I'm going to capture 3 psychic Pokemon to make a shiny red bracelet to go to the top of a mountain and catch a dragon.

ChimechoFan
2nd May 2007, 11:08 AM
I beated the elite four with:

Luxray, Infernape, Gastrodon, Hippowdon, Crobat and Chimecho.

elite ralf
2nd May 2007, 11:32 AM
let me get this straight:no more item PC?
I apologize for asking.
I dont have the game yet.
just reassuring.

Mcr 4 life
2nd May 2007, 11:58 AM
They gym puzzles, lack of fire pokemon, and surfing is way to slow.

Gribman92
2nd May 2007, 12:08 PM
Slow surfing

Lone--Wanderer
2nd May 2007, 12:16 PM
Unbelievably long battle animations.

I had to turn off the Battle Effects whatever in the Options menu, it was driving me so crazy.

asia_catdog_blue
2nd May 2007, 8:42 PM
I love it how people will complain the Legend Trio is so hard to catch.
They're legendary Pokemon not common Bidoofs.
geez T_T

Yet, I manage to catch a Regirock with a normal PokeBall.

Korobooshi Kojiro
2nd May 2007, 8:52 PM
One thing I'm not annoyed at is no huge Surfing Routes like in RS.

Anyway, the amount of HM moves you need to get through the Victory Raod...like, Rock Climb, Rock Smash, Strength, Surf, Waterfall....actually, I found this Road to be the longest...>.>

Lunar
2nd May 2007, 9:02 PM
Yet, I manage to catch a Regirock with a normal PokeBall.

I caught Uxie with a normal Pokeball as well.

let me get this straight:no more item PC?
I apologize for asking.
I dont have the game yet.
just reassuring.

Correct. Instead, there's a few more pockets in your bag that things are dispersed among (Potions don't sit in with hold items, though Escape Ropes and Repels do for some reason) and most importantly, there's no way to fill your bag. You'll never find yourself without room to pick up an item, but there's no PC to deposit things in anymore. Once you beat the E4, I find this system a lot better. I can just sell all my Potions/Repels/etc and I end up with all my Vitamins/Rare Candies in one pouch and all my hold items in another.

albert2006xp
2nd May 2007, 9:05 PM
I hate surfing,its way too slow :(

Golden.x.Rukushio
2nd May 2007, 9:47 PM
Inconsistencies like wild Ponyta on a route where it rains all the time.

Shnitzel_12
2nd May 2007, 9:58 PM
Hmm
Giratina was too easy to catch.
Should have made way of getting to Rotom harder.
Mesprit and Cresselia are wusses.
2 challenging fights in the entire game before E4: Mars' Purugly(windworks) and Maylene's Lucario
Ridiculous trades in GTS: Seaking for Deoxys? That's just stupid
Lucian was harder than Cynthia.
Medicham's animation is too long.

Of course everyone has different views of the game. Even with these flaws I have stated, I'll still give it a 9.4.

;430;

R_N
3rd May 2007, 4:48 AM
Eh, nothing really. Surf seemed slower than normal, but hey, there are only like 3 water routes, and severl small lakes.
Uh.....aside from that, nothing else. Caves have always had insane eno****er rates, Zubats and Tentacool are still overly plentiful, legends have always been a pain in the rear to catch(least hte runners are slightly less annoying), I find the selection of pokes quite nice. Oh noes! WE DON"T HAVE A FIRE POKEMON!!1111oneoneonzerooneshift+1! Big whoop, look ateverything else we got. You don't NEED a fire poke. Come on people, there are many pokes to choose from I know I opted for a Murkrow in favor of Staravia, and I never trained a murkrow!

legendary pkm master
3rd May 2007, 4:56 AM
yea that i ssoo true
i battled like 3 people with my exact team lol
i will change it up later on sicne i already have my emerald team in my game but yea i get annoyed of bidoof

BAM
3rd May 2007, 4:59 AM
I just hate how the only fire types that you can use are Infernape, or Ponyta. They should have more fire types in D/P. Surf is SO SLOW. And I beat every Gym leader and the E-4 first try and made it less fun. But its still fun.

RedGyarados
3rd May 2007, 10:54 AM
Here are the things that annoyed me the most:
1. Surfing is way too slow.
2. Items can no longer be put in the PC
3. This annoyed me the most. I beat every member of the E-4 easily except Lucian. Then using my Dialga, who had not been leveled up any since I caught it, tore threw Cynthia's Lv.60+ Pokemon with no problem at all.
4. I put Honey on all those trees and have only found 3 Burmy, 2 Combee, and 1 Cherubi. The rest are all Wurmple, Silcoon, and Cascoon.

Absol_utely
3rd May 2007, 11:31 AM
Awk... I'm so not looking forward to surfing then if it's slower?! Omg GF!

I also hate little things like not being able to cycle through gate houses, how long it takes to water berries, not being able to switch move positions during battle etc etc.

*Jean Grey*
3rd May 2007, 12:17 PM
-Bronzong the Terrible! It's annoying especially with EQ and Calm Mind, coupled with Mr. Mime's Light Screen...in all, I had a hard time beating Lucian, partly because most of my pokemon have low defenses (except Milotic), and partly because I was disturbed in a way (fighting my bishie leaves me feeling guilty)

-Annoying Feebas tiles! They change every day, I had to search almost the whole lake to find one (lucky me, the first one I encountered and caught was Shiny with a Modest Nature)

-Surfing speed, so slow!

liam.sherif
3rd May 2007, 1:30 PM
I dont know if you agree with me but.

I think that the pace of the game had slowed down considerabley.

When a person sees you it take a while for them to come over to you, to react.

This is one of the reasons why i disliked colluseum; the pace was way too slow for a game like this.

desolate1
3rd May 2007, 4:07 PM
My only real gripe is with the GTS. People have some of the stupidest trades I have ever seen. Level 18 onix for a palkia and other completely bad trades. Its pretty much useless.

Noodles
3rd May 2007, 4:19 PM
i hate surf in D/P, it's super slow..
i hate zubat.. (ther's too many of them >.<)
i hate tentacool.. (super annoying like ponyta and zubat)
i hate ponyta.. (annoying monster wont let me run away)

charizardpal
3rd May 2007, 4:32 PM
I'm glad we're having uncensored honest critisism here...

Here are some hangovers from Ruby/Saphire that I still hate:

1) Watering the damn plants! (See my other thread...) Why can't I just pick berries from a plant again and again without replanting the stupid plant? If I wanted to change the plant couldn't there be an option to remove it (like a sickle item or something?) I just don't feel like putting hours into mangaging plants in the course of a game...it's busywork! I've avoided wasting time in things like that since the Tomogotchi and FF came out!

2) I hate how there are two bikes! It just makes it more time consuming to change bikes. Let there be one bike again!

3) Battle animations drive me mad. I wish I could 'fast-forward' like in the good old days...

DP specific complaints:

7 HMS?! Or is it more now?! Who wants to carry around two extra useless pokemon just for HM's?!

...Is there even a plot to the game? It feels disjointed, like a bunch of random stuff just sorta happened. The mellow music reinforces this and makes the game more boring///none of that grand adventure stuff from the trumpets of RBY.

Digging up spheres is yet another unavoidable minigame (if ya wanna catch em all-I decided not to try this time) that threatens eat up one's time. Along with the beauty contests, fishing, berry planting and what other sidequests could be tossed into the game along with the already drawn-out pokemon catching and raising motif?

Pokemon Diamond's character designs look like cartoony doodles-ignoring the legendaries, the starters and for that matter most of the pokemon have some of the simplest pokedex entries and poorly-considered character art in any of the games...

...etc, etc....Now tune into the next poster for more critism...

spongeaud
3rd May 2007, 5:26 PM
The thing that s annoying in all the games the caves and how often you run into a wild zubat every five seconds its so annoying

Renz
3rd May 2007, 6:10 PM
The things that annoy me in D/P are:

1. The slow surf speed
2. Making Flash a TM move thus changing the HM line
3. A pokemon does not have an HM move when migrating to D/P (you have to go to the move deleter first)
4. no more storing items in your computer
5. lastly, i dunno why but the pokemon boxes in Emerald/ Ruby and sapphire are better than D/P.

Kaliber
3rd May 2007, 7:11 PM
Agreed surfing takes forever now.
And I liked storing items.

ShinyAipom
3rd May 2007, 7:21 PM
Even though I dont get it till tomorrow surfing S-U-C-K-S SUCKS!

Wishmaker
3rd May 2007, 7:37 PM
someone said something about not being able toswitch around moves, you can, you just gotta do it in their summary, and I stopped using GTS search, I deposit a Diamond exclusive and request a pokemon, then the internet does the rest, but there are annoying parts to the game, sinnoh underground is a minigame pretty much, the only pokemon related thing in there is the fossils:/

Lunar
3rd May 2007, 7:38 PM
There's really just too much good to do anything but nitpick, IMO.

Things are a little bit slower in some ways. There's bits of lag here, but nothing major. Mostly its just that the animations and effects are prettier and take more time. Certainly not as bad as the Gamecube games, but longer non-the-less.

Surfing is slower, but there's so little water it ends up a net gain, IMO. I certainly don't spend as much time surfing (and therefore, fighting worthless Tentacool) as I did in RSE. Most of Hoenn is impassible without Fly; I really like how most of the routes between towns in Sinnoh allow you to bypass the majority of the grass if you like.

Poketch, while a cute idea and programmed accordingly, is a step back from the Pokenav. Most people are replacing digital watches (and their programming gimmicks) for cell phones with better software. Sadly, D/P has done the opposite. The Poketch itself could have used some better controls, at least a way to disable apps I don't care to use or cycle backwards through them. Another problem with the "digital watch" model. The item finder is super nice compared to previous gens though.

My only true, 100%, "what is wrong with you people!?!??" complaint: Why do they still only give me ONE button to hotkey key items to?? Why can't I set the bike on Y, then maybe my fishing pole on R, and the Sprayduck on select and the Pokeradar on Start??? This really bothered me in the 3rd Gen when there was an extra, unused button. In the 4th Gen, with THREE unused buttons, its simply inexcusable.

JokerBoi
3rd May 2007, 7:39 PM
I HATE the whole idea of using honey to catch pokemon I wish we could still headbutt. The surfing wasnt SO bad for me it was just battling a pokemon every 2 seconds you surf or go through a cave/grass.

cman2445
3rd May 2007, 7:41 PM
The two guys guarding Lake Valor. I can't get them to move out of the way.

SoundDesign
3rd May 2007, 11:42 PM
what really grinds my gears is that it takes forever for the pokemon to come out of its pokeball. they throw the ball and it just sits there then something happens.

coolmaster43232
4th May 2007, 5:15 AM
the most annoying part of this game to me is how many darker-coloured pokémon there are. honestly, luxray, staraptor, empoleon, toxicroak, the list goes on and on. i hate it.

Mega Trickster
4th May 2007, 5:16 AM
The snow.

End.

danburite
4th May 2007, 5:29 AM
The snow, the Safari Zone, Mt Coronet, "saving a lot of data", wild double battles taking for-bloody-ever, and just the general sluggishness.

Love the game, but too many aspects of it are too damn slow.

EDIT: Oh, I also can't stand the GTS. Everyone wants a frickin' legendary or lv100. It's the TRADE STATION, not the SHOW OFF YOUR COMMON POKEMON STATION!

Zweih
4th May 2007, 5:31 AM
Catching Azelf (seriosly, I'm still throwing Dusk Balls at this ****er (at least 38 now) and he still hasn't been caught. He's at 1 hp (False Swipe'd) and he wont GIVE IN!

Cipher
4th May 2007, 5:39 AM
This is my favorite generation by far, but I do have small grievences:

1. The general slowness of battles, saving, walking (through mud and snow)
2. Increased encounter rate
3. The method of obtaining the National Dex
4. The Game Corner (10000 coins for Psychic? Are you kidding me?)
5. Stupid people asking for ridiculous trades over GTS

Poke'Blaze
4th May 2007, 5:47 AM
Well for me its the saving part. It fricken slow...

The Game Corner prices is hella expensive...

In the GTS building all these people want to trade the impossable.

The main part I really like the snow though. Mud is plain annoying.

Rose Spirit
4th May 2007, 6:19 AM
*Saving, getting off the bike at roadhouses, delay after trainer sees you, it's all so slow!! Another thing that slows the game down, especially in battle, is that after you push A the text doesn't scroll as fast as it is supposed to.

*I love riding my bike, but let's face it, even though pretty much any bike is better than R/Y/B/G/S/C, R/S Mach Bike handled so much better and went so much faster! In fact, the handling of the game is another pet peeve of mine. My chara just doesn't want to respond!

*Surfing I can deal with, and the mud is all right for a while, but I don't need 200 Gravelers from Iron Mountain alone! The encounter rate is far too high!

*Also I noticed, mostly in the beginning of the game but it still continues, that the miss ratio (especially mine) and the critical hit ratio (especially the opponent's) were rather high.

pit-fall
4th May 2007, 6:40 AM
Okay, I see Gastrodon and i'm like sweet, a Water/Ground will be in the game (Note that I said "a', not "3"). Little did I know they were gonna put in Quagsire AND Whishcash. I mean, come on. Sheesh!

pit-fall
4th May 2007, 6:40 AM
Okay, I see Gastrodon and i'm like sweet, a Water/Ground will be in the game (Note that I said "a", not "3"). Little did I know they were gonna put in Quagsire AND Whishcash. I mean, come on. Sheesh!

Arbok
4th May 2007, 11:48 AM
There are only a few Fire Pokémon. Flint is a Fire trainer but is only having 2 fire Pokémon. :/

And yes, Surfing is slow. I'm happy there isn't that much water as in R/S/E.

Dr.Paynegwynn
4th May 2007, 12:41 PM
The complete underrepresentation of fire types. here are all five new fire pokemon:

;485; ;390; ;391; ;392; ;467;

Finlay
4th May 2007, 12:46 PM
1. Waiting 24 hours to get a massage.
2. Waiting 24 hours to learn a new word.
3. Waiting 24 hours to find something in the honey trees.

skitter
4th May 2007, 12:58 PM
I hate how slow surfing is,the limited number of fire pokemon(in the wild),and the stupid mud in the great marsh when trying to catch pokemon

eonmaster_457
4th May 2007, 1:19 PM
the fact that
*u can't find a LOT of new pokemon before national dex
*surfing speed is to be despised
*saving is so slow
*game corner is expensive
*honey is very unconvenient
*u can't use the bike in snow
*mud in the marshes
*and etc....

btw about the marsh, if you talk to the woman in the mud before reaching pastoria, she'll say something about the mud and how she has a suit to prevent that........ so shouldn't we be able to buy that particular suit(or rent it) for the safari ?!!?

Artorias
4th May 2007, 2:58 PM
Azelf. Mesprit. Cresselia.

Solar Crimson
4th May 2007, 3:07 PM
-Digging in the Underground (I'm so tired of finding Gems)
-Bidoof
-Regigigas
-The increase in the amount of coins needed for Game Corner TMs.

GardeBoy
4th May 2007, 3:10 PM
the only really annoying thing for me is that you can only migrate 6 pokemon per game per day. and that they cant have hms for whatever reason.(making it really difficult to import water-types)

Expert Evan
4th May 2007, 3:28 PM
I also posted this elsewhere:

Going on GTS and looking for a simple cherubi and only offers are for palkia, dialga or manaphy.

C'mon people, whom is seriously going to trade a rare legendary for a cherubi?

DeathDjango
4th May 2007, 5:31 PM
-Slowness
-The "Two Choices": Its either fight a lot of trainers OR fighting a lot of pokemon
-Safari Zone: Gotta wait a lot to get 1 single pokemon
-Team Galactic HQ
-GTS

Gizoku
4th May 2007, 5:39 PM
In addition to what's already been posted, I was annoyed that there's still only one shortcut button for key items. Select and R could have been used as well as Y. I want my Super Rod, Bike and Poké Radar all at the push of a button dammit >:o

Arbok
4th May 2007, 5:47 PM
-Safari Zone: Gotta wait a lot to get 1 single pokemon

Do you want a game like Pokémon Ranger or Pokémon D/P? OMG, be happy it takes 'long'. And it's only one day.

mrhiyuck
4th May 2007, 6:20 PM
The most irritating thing ever is that battles take that much longer. Even without animations it still takes quite a while because for some gay reason they made the text baby slow. Exaggeration I know but come on.

And the fact that the encounter rate for common Pokes is very high. And slow surfing.

??????
4th May 2007, 6:35 PM
can't put Items in the PC.
Ah, is this true!!!!!?????!!!!! This agrivates me!-;444;

WishIhadaManafi5
4th May 2007, 6:38 PM
The most annoying things in D/P for me are:

Not being able to put items into the PC...
A rude and annoying rival :|...
The graphics... they're ok, but they could have been so much better...

Princess Reina
4th May 2007, 7:00 PM
Only two things are annoying for me:
- I get National Dex after Elite Four, so i must beat all people first and later I can catch some my favourite pokemon.
- Safari Zone is boring and pokemon are very hard to catch. I was there once and I caught 0 pokemon because they they jumped of the pokeballs. Only two or three pokemon are rare so I will not waste my money anymore. Wooper and Hoothoot are easy to catch at another area.

WishIhadaManafi5
4th May 2007, 7:19 PM
Only two things are annoying for me:
- I get National Dex after Elite Four, so i must beat all people first and later I can catch some my favourite pokemon.
- Safari Zone is boring and pokemon are very hard to catch. I was there once and I caught 0 pokemon because they they jumped of the pokeballs. Only two or three pokemon are rare so I will not waste my money anymore. Wooper and Hoothoot are easy to catch at another area.
I had that happen to me before... have you tried different ways of catching the rare ones. I use Down and B button alot along with Down with A and B button, those 2 combos seem to work the best for me in the Safari Zone. Hope that this helps :).

It can be annoying though, can't agree with you more... ;444;

Max204
4th May 2007, 7:34 PM
Surf attacks everyone...including the ally. I found that out the hard way...

Also, I was hoping to get Eevee before the national Dex. Oh well... It forced me to use other Pokemon that turned out to be cool.

WishIhadaManafi5
4th May 2007, 7:42 PM
Surf attacks everyone...including the ally. I found that out the hard way...

Also, I was hoping to get Eevee before the national Dex. Oh well... It forced me to use other Pokemon that turned out to be cool.
Woah... that stinks :p... way to go Game Freak!! :rolleyes:

NES
4th May 2007, 7:44 PM
In addition to what's already been posted, I was annoyed that there's still only one shortcut button for key items. Select and R could have been used as well as Y. I want my Super Rod, Bike and Poké Radar all at the push of a button dammit >:o

That would be ideal.

Everyone wants the rod/bike/radar at the same time >_>.

Also i dislike a bit the few routes that you can cross without a pokemon with either rock smash, cut or just fly, and i say this because i have my level 100 transfered team in my party and i have to switch pokemon all the time just to go to another place.

firehead13
4th May 2007, 7:46 PM
The only annoying thing to me is that surfing is slow

jolteonjak
4th May 2007, 8:14 PM
I hate how slow the Surfing is.

agreed!!!!!!!

DeathDjango
4th May 2007, 10:11 PM
The graphics are good and the battle animation too, but they make the game slower...

Hoppy
4th May 2007, 10:31 PM
Sweet Honey Trees since I've haven't caught a Cherubi yet for 2 weeks and I need that particular Pokemon ASAP.

Theneedleman
5th May 2007, 1:48 AM
Beating the E4 is tough business unless you take the time to train your pokes 10 levels...

Kooscannon
5th May 2007, 1:57 AM
I never noticed this before these games, and so I assume it's new: when an enemy Pokemon's attack misses, you are told that "the attack of enemy trainer _____'s _____ missed." It seems a bit long winded to me.

Other than that, nothing much, at least that I can think of.

Doned
5th May 2007, 3:22 AM
-Gym Leader Music (It Sucks)
-Wild Battles
-Surf Mechanics (Battle/Out of Battle)
-Team Galatic's Music (It Sucks)
-No Item Storage
-Wifi Instability (My problem, but annoying)
-Underground Only Wireless Flag Capture which leads to:
-Secret bases - Stupid.

Princess Reina
5th May 2007, 8:29 AM
The graphics are good and the battle animation too, but they make the game slower...

Graphics and battle animations make game more interesting. In Crystal we had animations too and everybody liked them a lot. Where do you hurry anyway?

Steinhauser
5th May 2007, 8:55 AM
Besides everything that's been listed (on page 7 anyway)...

One thing that bugs the hell out of me is the fact that the naming scheme for trainers and nicknamed Pokémon is now one capital letter followed by lowercase, as opposed to all uppercase. I named my trainer and rival before I figured this out, and of course all my Emerald and Fire Red dudes are uppercase. It annoys me whenever I see it.

Never before have I been more annoyed that you can't change the nicknames of traded Pokémon, too. For example my Togepi evolves into something useful now, and it just so happens my Togepi from XD (that knows highly-useful and otherwise unattainable Tri Attack of all things) is the perfect nature, Modest. However, dammit, I gave him a stupid nickname, not thinking I'd ever use him, and now if I used it it would bug me every time I used him.

NES
5th May 2007, 9:21 AM
B

Never before have I been more annoyed that you can't change the nicknames of traded Pokémon, too. For example my Togepi evolves into something useful now, and it just so happens my Togepi from XD (that knows highly-useful and otherwise unattainable Tri Attack of all things) is the perfect nature, Modest. However, dammit, I gave him a stupid nickname, not thinking I'd ever use him, and now if I used it it would bug me every time I used him.

It happend the same thing to me, i had a good EV/IV Sneasel just named "sneasel" because meh, i don't liked that puny black thing :p, and now i just turned it into Weavile which is great looking and strong and can't nickname it >_<.

But that isn't really a problem of the game hehe, i don't know why we whine about it lol.

Arbok
5th May 2007, 9:45 AM
People, you all are saying it's stupid because you can't store items on your PC, but that's just.. wonderful. Your bag can now be filled with every item, it can never be full. That's one of the best things they made IMO.

NES
5th May 2007, 9:47 AM
People, you all are saying it's stupid because you can't store items on your PC, but that's just.. wonderful. Your bag can now be filled with every item, it can never be full. That's one of the best things they made IMO.

Yes i find it more useful to carry all the crap in the bag than go to the stupid PC every time you had to take something out...

Also now it has more slots, to carry even useless stuff like X attack etc xD.

elite ralf
5th May 2007, 9:51 AM
the no-more-item-pc idea's great.
makes me feel like nothin's left
stored.

I dont use my item pc in my games
so I'm used to it.

the only thing that most annoyed
me is this: the wait for the release
dates.

that's it.

Mamoswine Power
5th May 2007, 11:58 AM
wow, I've never had such a popular thread and iever knew how many things annoyed people, but firsty i don't really think the item pc disapearing is that big a deal as i never use it and i think that ledgents are suppose to be hard to catch but i do have other things that annoy me.
i decided to add 2 pokemon to my team after the 7th gym which you know, your allowed to do , but theres no where to train them where you get decent exp and more than 2 trainers reacting to your verser seeker.
also maybe this is just me but some of the catch rates of regular pokemon are just strange. you would think that dialga would be harder to catch than a murkrow, but nope there both the same. wierd isn't it

Shuryou
5th May 2007, 12:00 PM
Bidoof... From the day I started, I knew Bidoof would come and haunt me in my nightmares. And he did. I can't stand Nintendo for creating that Pokemon. The only use Bidoof has is getting stacked with HM Powers. And Bibarel... WHY, NINTENDO!? WHYYYY!?

Princess Reina
5th May 2007, 12:07 PM
Bidoof... From the day I started, I knew Bidoof would come and haunt me in my nightmares. And he did. I can\\\\\\\'t stand Nintendo for creating that Pokemon. The only use Bidoof has is getting stacked with HM Powers. And Bibarel... WHY, NINTENDO!? WHYYYY!?

Haha so we have something common. I cant stand Bidoof and Bibarel. Both are too common and are almost everywhere.
The second thing what bugs me is..... Tentacool in the sea. I must get National Dex if I want good, rare pokemon from older versions, but Tentacool must be available before E4 but this fact didnt surprise me.

Tanker
5th May 2007, 12:20 PM
The main things that I hate is that Diamous (my rival) always runs into me. Also, the pokemon selection is poor. I just got to that mountain thingy after cycling road, and the only pokemon above lvl 10 is my lvl 29 Monferno...
I like how the people talk in slang though...interesting addition.

Arbok
5th May 2007, 12:24 PM
Haha so we have something common. I cant stand Bidoof and Bibarel. Both are too common and are almost everywhere.
The second thing what bugs me is..... Tentacool in the sea. I must get National Dex if I want good, rare pokemon from older versions, but Tentacool must be available before E4 but this fact didnt surprise me.

Zigzagoon and Linoone where also on very much places on the older versions.

Since Jotho was having much 'weak' Pokémon like Spinarak, Hoothoot, and also the older ones like Rattata, there where more different weaker ones to find.

Raikou77
5th May 2007, 1:51 PM
Gyarados' were annoying, my Infernape had trouble beating them.

Michii
5th May 2007, 1:55 PM
A couple things annoy me.

The slowness of the battles
In Cities, how buildings always seem to move around, come closer, and everything relating to that. Its cool, but I become lightheaded and dizzy by looking at it.

ShadowDragon16
5th May 2007, 2:10 PM
I am annoyed at how hard it is to find a Munchlax.

I have captured over 15 Combees and evolved one into a Vesiquen. About 12 Cherubi and evolved one into a Cherrum. About 4 Aipom, and a load of Wurmple and Cascoons. I CAN'T FIND THAT STUPID POKEMON!!!!!!!!!!

Bonsly-Bud
5th May 2007, 3:26 PM
I had to wait to get some more unique pokemon than the standard set of Starly/Bibarel. Fortunately went pokemon hunting to have more variety, I third the lack of choices option for annoyances, and don't like the Snowpoint gym challenge. Annoying as heck.

FireEmblemAddict
5th May 2007, 3:30 PM
The most annoying thing in D/P for me was the route 216/217.
They were horrible. >>

Manaphyman
5th May 2007, 3:31 PM
Dont get me wrong, i love this game, but why is the Elite Four so fricken hard?
Level 57 pokemon with the first member? No where to train? My pokemon are only level 45. I vowed not to use legendarues, except Manaphy, but now...

the_w0lf
5th May 2007, 3:32 PM
Not too many things bug me but:
-Battles are a little slower(hardly bugs me)
-level 41 wingulls O.O
-Floatzel, I can't stand the thing
-Dressing up, the dancing is humorous but putting little mustaches on you pokemon?
-Slow surfing, much like everyone else, this is pretty annoying. It's a good thing there arent huge routes like in R/S/E. We'd take 10 hours to get from point a to point b.

Clash
5th May 2007, 3:37 PM
When you set the text speed to fast, sometimes in double battles, etc. You can't read what some people say because the text moves too fast.

-Concrete-
5th May 2007, 3:39 PM
Almost everyone uses Garchomp is my hated part. Also Pal Park once a day.

Shining Aggron
5th May 2007, 3:52 PM
I think the most annoying thing is fighting a bronzor without a fire type... I ended up teaching a palkia a fire type move, no most of you may say my sig says i don't use ubers... Well I don't usually... and after I get my National Dex say hello to shinny charizard EV trained and all :)

A couple questions to Were can I buy Dusk Balls? and also can I complete the national dex bye just battling and seeing wilds NOT bye actually training certain pokes?

pokemonster2191
5th May 2007, 4:38 PM
pastoria city has dusk balls

Arbok
5th May 2007, 4:49 PM
Dont get me wrong, i love this game, but why is the Elite Four so fricken hard?
Level 57 pokemon with the first member? No where to train? My pokemon are only level 45. I vowed not to use legendarues, except Manaphy, but now...

That must be you. I mean, all my Pokémon (I'm having a Team of 5 Pokémon) where around the level 48, and I was able to defeat the Pokémon league till Flint. Now I'd trained some levels and my team's already around level 53. Once you can defeat the first E4, you can keep training there, since you won't lost that much money.

Virtual Chatot
5th May 2007, 4:49 PM
I'm a big underground fan...so I have some...

Spheres grow to fast :D

flaming lugia
5th May 2007, 4:57 PM
I have one more pokemon to see. Combee. I'm using the little cheat thing(OHH)where you change them time and every thing. Now i complete my post by saying the honey trees are broken. Or the pokemon cant smell XD.

Arbok
5th May 2007, 5:04 PM
I have one more pokemon to see. Combee. I'm using the little cheat thing(OHH)where you change them time and every thing. Now i complete my post by saying the honey trees are broken. Or the pokemon cant smell XD.

I thaught the changing time for the Sweet Honey Trees is messing up the trees... You'll have to wait real time, the 'changing-time' thingie doesn't work I think.

noobiess
5th May 2007, 5:06 PM
This is very intresting because i don't have it.

Charizard Champion#06
5th May 2007, 6:04 PM
The most annoying thig for me is the time it takes to get back to playing the game after SRing. Since I'm hunting for my first Shiny legendary.

pit-fall
6th May 2007, 2:05 AM
Yeah, changing the time apparently doesn't work.

Zoshi
6th May 2007, 3:05 AM
Slow surfing, and the fact that it takes ages to do one soft reset when trying to get a shiny.

halloweenghost
6th May 2007, 3:36 AM
my main annoyance wich shares with many was ... wow a bidoof,,...... a geodude,...... a starly,....... a biberrel,..... wow this game is awesome...but where are all the other pokemon? lol

halloweenghost
6th May 2007, 3:51 AM
my main annoyance wich shares with many was ... wow a bidoof,,...... a geodude,...... a starly,....... a biberrel,..... wow this game is awesome...but where are all the other pokemon? lol

CharizardMaster
6th May 2007, 5:52 AM
Finding pokemon every two-three steps in the grass and caves and no trading back with 3rd gen. Surfing has gotten slower.

pit-fall
6th May 2007, 5:56 AM
Surfing, plus high encounter-rate. And the 5, count 'em, 5 Water/Ground pokemon.

Cenodoxus
6th May 2007, 7:09 AM
The puzzle of Snowpoint gym, damnit.

breazeale
6th May 2007, 7:31 AM
I hate how their are alot of new evos of previous pokes in Sinnoh and yet, you can't get them.

The new eeveelutions are a good example. In previous gens, when Espeon and Umbreon came along, said eevee was made available.

Same thing for Scizor and Steelix, you got a scyther and an onix.

This isn't the case with the new game.

How hard would it have been to provide a male ralts instead of Abra?

I just felt like I was playing R/B/Y with Luxray/Floatzel and the new starters thrown in.

Terrible pokemon selection.

pit-fall
6th May 2007, 7:42 AM
Agreed. Of course you'll have the given Abra, Geodude, Machop, and Ghastly lines for some extra 3-forms. But come on, Whishcash: as if there weren't any other Water/Ground Pokemon in the game, Rapidash: Please, put in a more deserving Fire like Torkoal, Houndoom, or Arcanine, or all three!, don't even wanna know how Wurmple lines got in, and the list goes on. >.<

wii+poke=awsome
6th May 2007, 7:48 AM
Slow Surfing, Not many different pokemon for a while, the fact that i can't get a combee(yet), and the fact i can't fd any1 to trade my kadabra to make it evolve(i have wifi; no1 answers)

elite ralf
6th May 2007, 7:54 AM
*to all those who are annoyed
by the slow surfin,put it like this:

surf-HMed pokemon aren't swimmin champions.
maybe the point that gamefreak made it slower
is because to make it more realistic <and more
annoying.lol>

*as to those who are annoyed
by the "many pokemon encounters":

read the sinnoh myth.I think
it's at canalave library.

"Long ago, when Sinnoh had just been made, Pokémon and humans led separate lives. That is not to say they did not help each other. No, indeed they did. They supplied each other with goods, and supported each other. A Pokémon proposed to the others to always be ready to help humans. It asked that Pokémon be ready to appear before humans always. Thus, to this day, Pokémon appear to us if we venture into tall grass."

pit-fall
6th May 2007, 7:59 AM
Thats pretty cool.. I just think the other gen Pokemon should have been pickedwith more care.

Princess Reina
6th May 2007, 8:14 AM
The next annoying thing is Medicham\'s animation. Its too long!

dj 300
6th May 2007, 8:41 AM
I hate that now when you use surf in a double battle it attacks your partner too.

Mamoswine Power
6th May 2007, 9:07 AM
The time change worked for me,I was able to get Drifloon.Do you notice that many of the baby pokemon (bonsly and mantyle in particular) look like really Cartoonly versions of the orignal

Azure Wolf
6th May 2007, 9:21 AM
The male characters looks, he's ugly...

pit-fall
6th May 2007, 9:34 AM
Yeah, he's a little weird. Kinda Frenchy-looking.

EscagirlUK
6th May 2007, 10:04 AM
The female characters looks. That so-called "hat" is the spawn of great Evil. Also, her clothes. Why can't we get a female character that wears trousers, for once, instead of ****ty mini-skirts?

Also, the boy characters hat. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't the size of Venus!

Overkill
6th May 2007, 10:08 AM
1. the male main character's hat.(seriously, it looks awkward and out of place.)
2. VERY poor selection of poke's. (especially fire and flying.)
3. overall slugishness of the game.
4. Magmortar looks sooooooo fugly.
5. no random online battles.
6. STILL just ONE hotkey(WTF!!)
7. team galactic's pathetic poke's (level 32 wurmples.....whats the reasoning behind this?!!)
8. im surprised nobody has mentioned this yet but soft resetting for starters takes forever since you can't see what nature it has until after your done battling the bird then you have to finish talking and stuff.

pit-fall
6th May 2007, 10:09 AM
The numerous amount of older-gen evos that aren't available in-game! Could have taken half of them out and had 50 other brand new Pokemon lines, including an actual Fire type, some Electric dual-types, more Ice types, maybe a pure Steel and some better ?/Flying combos, and a Fire/Dragon basic and Poison/Dragon basic that are version exclusive.

Darkraid
6th May 2007, 12:27 PM
the most annoying thing in diamond is the fact that it's diffcult to find a female combee, a magmaizer in diamond, & dragon scale. Besides that i hated the surfing which was so terribly slow!

Saph
6th May 2007, 12:35 PM
The music. It sucks so bad. Big disappointment after FR/LG, which had the best music in a Pokemon game to date.

DragonRanger
6th May 2007, 12:36 PM
That most of the evolution levels are so high.

CharizardMaster
6th May 2007, 4:38 PM
I hate that now when you use surf in a double battle it attacks your partner too.

Yes that too, surfing was one of the best moves but now you have to worry about your partner when using it. Also I hate the vs seeker. I liked the the match call better, without the phone.

swimmercyndaquil
6th May 2007, 5:38 PM
Im still stuck on Mt Coronet! it just takes me in FREAKING CIRCLES again and again and again.... i need like... a map or something.... i hope thats possible!!!! :)

Maestro Kinético
6th May 2007, 5:42 PM
The poor variety of Pokemon the trainers have, and some Pokemon that are located in unrealistic areas (Graveler in the snow).

And ovrall, that the only really new thing is the WiFi. I'll buy D/P for that, but I am a little bit disappointed with the game, I expected something more.

BanzaiKitten
6th May 2007, 5:58 PM
Ending up with the same teams is annoying. Here's mine for now...

Infernape, Floatzel, Luxray, Lucario, Staraptor, and Roserade.

Yeah, I bet a bunch of people have similar teams...

Another annoying thing is Zubat and Geodude. I hate them popping up all the freakin time.

Darrell
6th May 2007, 6:26 PM
Been said a bunch of times, but one more time won't hurt. The surfing speed is slower than a Turtwig moving through penut butter.

OrP
6th May 2007, 7:37 PM
I would have liked the journal to record everything that I did on a certain day and not only the last things. Does anybody knows how far back can it reach?

Carlisle
6th May 2007, 10:46 PM
These have to do with the event legendaries...

1. When you're at the place where you catch Dialga/Palkia, I keep thinking, "ugh, right above me is Arseus! >.<"
2. For Darkrai it's like, "if only I could enter that stupid room, read that stupid diary, and talk to the stupid sailor to take me to that stupid island."
3. And for Sheimi it's like, "grrr...right above that stupid rock would be a huge route taking me right to her."

Other stuff is that the graphics could have been better, and the fact that the capture rate seems to have gone up for catching wild Pokemon, but it's really easy to catch the legendaries. I don't know if I'm just having weird luck or what.

xxlil_Devilxx
6th May 2007, 11:01 PM
I am annoyed at how hard it is to find a Munchlax.

I have captured over 15 Combees and evolved one into a Vesiquen. About 12 Cherubi and evolved one into a Cherrum. About 4 Aipom, and a load of Wurmple and Cascoons. I CAN'T FIND THAT STUPID POKEMON!!!!!!!!!!

^---I am having the same problem too, after 2 weeks of nonstop honey tree-ing, still not one single lux...>.<

Xinkc
6th May 2007, 11:13 PM
I was really annoyed by the fact that I can't deposit my items into my PC anymore. Everytime I take my Exp. Share from my Pokemon I have to go through about 30-45 different items just to get to the bottom.

The frequency in which I get stuck in the Great Marsh is also annoying. As is the fact that I have to usually spend about 1000-2000 Pokedollars at the binoculars there in order to find that crowbegotten Skorupi then not being able to find it in time.

I was also annoyed running through the snowy areas when the snow wasn't deep enough to hinder your walking (the grass areas in the snow areas and big chunks of Mt. Coronet's peak if I remember right). In the previous games (and this one) you can bike in sand (deep sand in R/S/E), shallow areas of water, and even up stairs!!! Your telling me that the main character in this game can bike up and down stairs but can't bike in snow that is not even ankle height.

Finally, most of the wild Pokemon are really weak with a majority of them (route wise) being below lvl. 30 and that the ones above that are in the a few routes, Victory Road, and Mt. Coronet's peak. The only positive thing I can think of for the levels are that there are a lot of lvl. 40 and up in the eastern Island.

Ends rant...

-Xinkc the Knight of Oblivion

diamondpearl876
7th May 2007, 3:40 AM
Most annoying thing for me would be the how the trainers have the same Pokemon over and over. All I see now are Sinnoh Pokemon, Zubat, Steelix, Machoke, and Ponyta.

diamondpearl876
7th May 2007, 3:42 AM
Most annoying thing for me would be the how the trainers have the same Pokemon over and over. All I see now are Sinnoh Pokemon, Zubat, Steelix, Machoke, and Ponyta.

kogawolfman
7th May 2007, 6:06 AM
The one thing that annoys me the most is the fact that there is no PC item storage. My pack is so full of evolution stones and Arceus plates and whatnot, I wish I could just put them somewhere. It takes forever to scroll to the bottom of some of the item lists in my pack.

Kaliber
7th May 2007, 10:51 PM
True That ^^ But alot of people i know didn't even know you could store items in the computer in the old games.

Griff4815
7th May 2007, 11:07 PM
High levels of the Elite 4, I beat the Champion with an over 11 level disadvantage.

Cipher Admin Xaos
7th May 2007, 11:27 PM
a LOT of things annoy me.

- As Griff stated: High leveled Elite Four. None of pokemon were over 50 when I started them. Being greeted by a level 68 Garchomp at the end made me say 'WTF?!'

- Bad selection of Pokemon for Sinnoh Dex: 5 whole fire pokemon. What the hell Game Freak? You could've at leasr added Houndour and Houndoom.

-Wi-Fi battles: Computer controls teams made by actual players. The reason why; Nintendo wants people to buy PBR for wi-fi battles. Cheapasses.

- GTS: Its busted, broken, and borked. Admit it. From the Japanese players putting up a level 3 Bidoof and asking for a level 100 Drapion, to the lack of filtering my choices, to the lack of asking for different Pokemon for trade (for example: I'll put up a Treecko and ask for either a Gible or a Riolu. Not one or the other. That would be nice)

- Pal Park: 6 pokemon a day limit. Brilliant. Making rare pokemon hard to find in Pal Park: Even more Brilliant.

Farreer
8th May 2007, 6:11 AM
I hate that zubat, golbat, geodude, magikarp, graveler and gyarados still apearing. I hate them, they are boreing, and everyone is tired of them.

I hate that if u have a pkmn with surf or any HM in your gba versions, u can't make them migrate because "they have a hidden moooove"...that's stupid, there are the same HMs at D&P.

I think that there are too many legendary pokemon. Comparing with the normal pokemon, there's a lack of balance. I think the trio is unoriginal. They look like the krazoa spirits of Star Fox Adventures...or that's what comes to my mind when I see them.

VyeBrante
8th May 2007, 8:25 AM
Some of these have been said, but that's okay.

Surf is so slow! And the snow and mud slowing you down? Not fun. I have somewhere I need to be, let me get there!

I don't like some changes in the double battles. Like one that's been mentioned how Surf hits your alley. If I would have paid attention when I clicked on it, I would have known beforehand, but I didn't. So I attacked my Monferno . . . not good. I also don't like how if you make a Pokémon faint in a double battle, if you were going to have your other Pokémon attack it, it just misses. They used to have the next Pokémon switch out right away. So annoying to waste an attack like that.

I hated how my rival came to help me with the Galatic commanders before the Dialga fight. At first I was like, "Yay! Help!" but then that turned into, "Boo! Munchlax!" I mean, maybe if he would have used something other than Stockpile and Swallow . . . I pretty much had to fight all six Pokémon myself!

Along with that I hated how when you were given a partner like on Iron Island, if your partner's Pokémon fainted, you were stuck battling a Steelix and Graveler by yourself. Not easy . . .

I also hated the poor selection in fire and flying types. I wanted to train all new Pokémon this go around so I was pretty much stuck with Starly. I wanted Chimchar as my starter anyway, fortunately.

The lack of item storage on the computer was annoying because it took so long to scroll through everything. But I figured out I could also use the Pokémon in the PC to hold extra items. The Move Items function makes it easier. So it's not that bad anymore.

Kinda long, but that's what I have, I think.

Overkill
8th May 2007, 8:44 AM
I hate that zubat, golbat, geodude, magikarp, graveler and gyarados still apearing. I hate them, they are boreing, and everyone is tired of them.

I hate that if u have a pkmn with surf or any HM in your gba versions, u can't make them migrate because "they have a hidden moooove"...that's stupid, there are the same HMs at D&P.

I think that there are too many legendary pokemon. Comparing with the normal pokemon, there's a lack of balance. I think the trio is unoriginal. They look like the krazoa spirits of Star Fox Adventures...or that's what comes to my mind when I see them.

QFT!! to everything you said.
the LEAST they could've done with the legendary trio is made them have different types(dual types would've been alright too)..but NOOOO there all psychic WHAT THE #%^*!!!

Ultimate Spider-man
8th May 2007, 9:20 AM
I think most of this has already been said, but..

1. The bad selection of Pokemon for the Sinnoh dex. It's not game crippling, but it's very annoying. With almost 500 Pokemon now, they could have had a great selection of Pokemon through-out the game, instead we're constantly faced with Bidoof's, Geodudes, etc.

At the very least, instead of forcing people to need the GBA games, they could have thrown all those exclusives into the game normally, that alone would have helped the variety. More fire Pokemon, more grass types than just Budew, etc.

2. The Pokedex itself. Fire Red and Leaf Green came up with a great new system, making it more like an encyclopedia, instead of just a list. I don't understand why they changed it back to the same old boring one.

3. The GTS. Not so much the ridiculous trades people are asking for, but there should have been an option to search for Pokemon other people are looking for. That way, if someone is looking for a Piplup, I could have helped them out. Seems very odd to leave something like that out.

4. And lastly, there's a few smaller details I would have liked to see. They finally added in a lot of features some people have wanted, but they didn't really expand on them enough to be useful. Customising the Pokemon by dressing them up for contests is great, but why can't we do that all the time? Even if it was slightly more limited, it adds a level of personalisation to the Pokemon, it would be great for wi-fi when you come across the 500th person using Lucario.

And secondly, Amity Square allows us to release certain Pokemon from their balls to walk around with you. Some of us have been begging for this feature since Yellow. Is there really any reason we can't have it for the entire game, even if it is only a few of the Pokemon?

Ed Phoenix
8th May 2007, 9:40 AM
- Slow surfing
- No PC item storage. Sure, you can always attach items to pokemon in your PC, but it's not the same.
- Waiting 24 hours to do certain activities.

- As Griff stated: High leveled Elite Four. None of pokemon were over 50 when I started them. Being greeted by a level 68 Garchomp at the end made me say 'WTF?!'

lvl 45 Bronzong ftw. ;437;

Ashbringer
8th May 2007, 9:55 AM
- Generally uninspired new species, especially compared to previous generations. Oh look: Another Pidgey / Pidgeotto / Pidgeot clone.

- Very few "cool" looking ones, many are either cute, or retarded.

- "Oh, look, a fat guy in a hat. Must be a Hiker. He has two Pokemon? Zubat and Geodude. Only one? Onix. Oh, look, I was right, AGAIN." Repeat this ad infinium up and down every road. Fisherman with 5 useless Magikarp and a "surprise" Gyarados. It's tedious.

- THEY saw Fit TO USE Proper CAPITALIZATION IN some PLACES and not Others!

- Like others have said, the uneven selection of types in Sinnoh.

- UI and Game World essentially unchanged from older games, except it's in pseudo-3D.

- You are still forced to gimp yourself by either burning a team member's slot with an HM move, or take along an HM slave, in order to progress. On top of that, I'm pretty sure the Move Deleter is in the last major city. They could have made HM moves exist outside of the 4 slots, but not usable in combat unless you chose to make it use one of those slots.

- The continual escalation and lack of creativity of Legendaries:

1st Gen: Mewtwo, genetically enhanced super soldier
2nd Gen: Lugia and Ho-oh, who control the world's weather, iirc.
3rd Gen: Kyogre and Groudon, who shaped the world into the continents and oceans that we have today.
4th Gen: Arceus, a being that created the Universe, transcends Time and Space, and can be packed into a little ball by a 12-year old with a random assortment of earthly creatures. Or a random assortment of Uber Extradimensional Zomg Hax Entities.

The King of Ho-oh's
8th May 2007, 10:37 AM
It's a little hard to beleive that a 12year old can catch the creator of
the universe.

Bring back to pc storage it takes me half of and hour
to find what im looking for in my pack.

KyonKyon
8th May 2007, 10:59 AM
Everyone seems to have the option of Luxray and Staraptor ._."

Gliding Girl
8th May 2007, 11:11 AM
1.The slowness of the battle my brothers now playing emrald and sometimes he needs help I help him and its much faster then D/P.

2.Every single time you walk a pokemon pops up.

Raito
8th May 2007, 12:53 PM
The freakin 24 hour limit on Migration and 12 hour wait for honey.

Arbok
8th May 2007, 1:13 PM
The one thing that annoys me the most is the fact that there is no PC item storage. My pack is so full of evolution stones and Arceus plates and whatnot, I wish I could just put them somewhere. It takes forever to scroll to the bottom of some of the item lists in my pack.

True That ^^ But alot of people i know didn't even know you could store items in the computer in the old games.

WTF are you all whining about this. They made a Pokéball on the touch screen to scroll down your bag. They stop the stupid thing to walk to your PC and back, and now you also can take every item on the ground without having the problem that your back is full.

2.Every single time you walk a pokemon pops up.

This isn't an annoying thing from D/P; this is an annoying thing from Pokémon. Every Pokémon game has it and you have to live with it.

The_Panda
8th May 2007, 1:23 PM
It's called Repel.

I wasn't really annoyed by the Elite Four, I got carried away, and well, I finished the Nat Dex before the E4. I then used my old Kyogre to swamp Cynthia.

pajama
8th May 2007, 2:31 PM
It's called Repel.

Indeed

But yeah just like everyone said slow surfing and the lack of item storage. I also dislike the fact that you can only catch 1 driftloon every friday. That's once a week. And I'm not the person that starts messing around with the clock.

But I found the E4 pretty easy. Just took me a lot of items :p

Pamizard
8th May 2007, 3:18 PM
Whats annoying? I'll tell you what's annoying. NOt being able to do freaking events and I cheat to get the legendaries the wrong way and soon the right way. GTS is not my thing to do cause I don't trade with anyone, and right now I can't do wi-fi cause i can't connect to my computers server since i don't have the wi-fi USB thing yet. Thats whats annoying

Arbok
8th May 2007, 3:23 PM
Indeed

But yeah just like everyone said slow surfing and the lack of item storage. I also dislike the fact that you can only catch 1 driftloon every friday. That's once a week. And I'm not the person that starts messing around with the clock.

Well if you ask me, I think that makes it a better game. I like it with all those cool add-ons. And when you caught one, you can also breed so that's no problem.

Lunar
8th May 2007, 4:39 PM
I like how everyone whined about the lack of the day/night feature in the 3rd Generation, but, much like the 2nd Generation before it, everyone whines about how the clock affects gameplay. I suppose they could program in the day/night but have it have absolutely no impact on the game, but that seems like a waste of resources if you ask me *shrugs*

VyeBrante
8th May 2007, 6:23 PM
I am happy with the game and I like a lot of features, but there are a few things I could have like better if done another way.

I am also annoyed with the GTS where I can't search for what other people are looking for. I would like to help people out too. I also don't understand how people can put up a Magikarp and ask for a Lv. 100 Palkia . . . Is it a joke or do they really expect someone to train a Palkia to Lv. 100 and give it up for a Magikarp? I wasn't actually looking for a Magikarp but was curious what people were doing. People ask for unreasonable things on there. That's not the game's fault though.

I think they should have allowed more Pokemon in Amity Park. But I agree with whoever said it that it would be so FUN to have a Pokemon with you out all the time, even if out of just a few Pokemon. I'd give up any species in Amity Park if I could have one with me all the time.

NoDice
9th May 2007, 3:48 AM
Yeah so my TOP most annoying thing in D/P would have to be how slow the battle flows. Even with the text at FAST pace. I remember back in the day when you could link up your Red/Blue/Yellow to Stadium and play it at like 4 times the speed... which is pretty much the only pace ive ever liked for the games... taking an hour or more just to get from one badge to another all the while working your way up to the elite 4 JUST to be able to EV train a team with all the right resources... is very very F^%$^& annoying.

HyperArbok
9th May 2007, 11:58 AM
The most annoying thind so far in D/P for me is, in the beginning your rival seems to keep on saying: "What was that all about?" or "What was all that craziness about?" and blah blah.

its a bit annoying because he repeats that saying in the beginning (I feel that the story is weak), i havent finished the game so i still can't say if the story is weak, as for me i'll just deal with it.

Br26
9th May 2007, 12:04 PM
I didn't like having to get rid of all the HM's in my Kanto/Hoenn Pokemon just because Flash isn't a HM anymore.

And yeah, surfing is very slow in this gen, as well the fact I can't get past checkpoints in D/P.

Judai-and-sho
9th May 2007, 12:18 PM
I hate the fact that WiFi is so hard to activate for me, and that I have to face Dialga and Palkia right after I beat Cyrus.

Saph
9th May 2007, 12:20 PM
Yeah so my TOP most annoying thing in D/P would have to be how slow the battle flows. Even with the text at FAST pace. I remember back in the day when you could link up your Red/Blue/Yellow to Stadium and play it at like 4 times the speed... which is pretty much the only pace ive ever liked for the games... taking an hour or more just to get from one badge to another all the while working your way up to the elite 4 JUST to be able to EV train a team with all the right resources... is very very F^%$^& annoying.

So basically you just don't feel like playing the game?

magnemiteZ
9th May 2007, 12:27 PM
When you're battling, and don't feel like poking the touch screen, you have to press a button initially to register that you're using the buttons rather than touch screen, so it takes 2 clicks to get to your attacks.

small yet annoying thing.

ferret :D
9th May 2007, 12:36 PM
In the Underground it takes a while the find places to dig.Very annoying

Black Mage
9th May 2007, 1:30 PM
The crapload of people defending Empoleon in all its utter crappiness.

What, this wasn't about the forum?

--;475;

Volmise
9th May 2007, 2:02 PM
The slow surfing and lack of item storage? Not a problem for me.

It's just the lack of places to train before the E4 that bugs me. And the lack of any Pokémon to have in your team that make it different from everyone else.

I ended up using a team of Torterra, Rapidash, Crobat, Lucario and Vaporeon (Can thank my boyfriend for trading me an Eevee egg. This little beauty was the ONLY reason I beat the E4. Stupid Milotic.)

magnemiteZ
9th May 2007, 2:03 PM
The crapload of people defending Empoleon in all its utter crappiness.

What, this wasn't about the forum?

--;475;
lol what, are you stupid?

Black Mage
9th May 2007, 2:07 PM
yes. yes I am.

:)

--;475;

InTheFlesh
9th May 2007, 5:46 PM
Hmm... didn't expect my first post to be a moan but hey... several things:

(1) General slowness.

(2) Having to get off your bike to do things (walk through gates, use Pokéradar...)

(3) [Major one] The fact that there are 8 buttons on the DS and only 4 are used and only one a hotkey.
They could've made several 'register' slots for items with L/R/Start/Select...maybe I've just not discovered it yet).
Pain in the neck for Pokéradar since you either charge by running (slower) and register it or else have to go into the bag to use the radar.

(4) Related to (3) - having to 'charge' stuff. Seems a bit pointless and just wastes time.

(5) The 1000th wild Bidoof in an hour's worth of play. Same as Oddish in the old games but Bidoof looks infinitely more annoying and is of no use other than slavery. Then running from it takes a bit of time as well.

(6) No PC item storage. Means my bag is full of dross that I'll likely never use but that don't want to toss.

(7) Lack of fire Pokémon, I guess. Although Ponyta early on isn't too bad (even if I don't rate it much).

(8) Encounter rate.

ugh first aid
9th May 2007, 5:59 PM
i'm loving it so far, but the only annoying thins for me is the general slowness ( especially for surf )

The main thing annoying me at the moment is Drifloon. I only need to see that one pokemon then I can get the national dex

Oh and Bidoof's are annoying both by how it looks and sounds, but yeah apart from that i'm addicted

Voltrex
9th May 2007, 8:15 PM
i'm loving it so far, but the only annoying thins for me is the general slowness ( especially for surf )

The main thing annoying me at the moment is Drifloon. I only need to see that one pokemon then I can get the national dex

Oh and Bidoof's are annoying both by how it looks and sounds, but yeah apart from that i'm addicted

Dude just remember to go to the valley windworks/elite four.
I hate that their are only 107 new pokemon and only 4 are fire type!!!

Sceptile of Stealth
9th May 2007, 11:10 PM
Surfing is a bit slow, and Underground is EXTREMELY inconvenient, especially the amount of times and the amount of patience you need to find a fossil (which I just got today, after looking for 2 and a half days).

Goldliop
9th May 2007, 11:25 PM
chingling,
honestly
why the hell does chimecho need a prevo

Roygbiv06
9th May 2007, 11:29 PM
*Waiting 24 hrs to transfer pkmn from my LG/FR/R/S/E games

*Waiting 12 hrs for a pkmn to show up on those yellow trees

*Few fire type pkmn

*Corny sayings (We must have this honey to attract pkmn in great numbers!)

There's more, but I can't think of them at the moment

Dimentio
9th May 2007, 11:40 PM
Not being able to bike through snow is up there, but not number 1, I can get over that. Maybe how slow the Underground is when you just have even one other person with you takes the cake though.

mrhiyuck
9th May 2007, 11:56 PM
How incredibly unfair odds are sometimes. When I didn't know anything about Pokemon in RSE, I could be the Battle Tower. Now, with EV training and stradegy, my luck goes.

For example. Dragonite went first! Dragonite flinched even though it's only a 10% chance! 2HKO! Repeat 2 times!

Uxie
10th May 2007, 12:26 AM
There is only one Region!! Dont they know we all want a Silver/Gold/Crystal Remake?!?!

Cipher Admin Xaos
10th May 2007, 12:41 AM
There is only one Region!! Dont they know we all want a Silver/Gold/Crystal Remake?!?!

Do you know how much data that would take to make on one DS game?

Venastois
10th May 2007, 1:34 AM
Lucien. Nuff said.

but seriously, the problem for me is that i can't trade anything from my Lf/E yet, since i can't figgin' beat mister-i'm-the-toughest-of-the-elite 4. ugh.

Mirage.Mew
10th May 2007, 2:10 AM
You can't ride your bike through the gatehouse.

That is the most annoying thing in the whole game. I still can't get used to it. Really, think of the whole two seconds I could svae if I could just ride my bike through it!

HoagiethePokeBreeder
10th May 2007, 11:52 AM
Yeah, I have to agree with you there. Riding your bike through the gatehouse would be so nice. The only other problem with the game, is that saving and battling take much longer than they used to.

Slayer
10th May 2007, 3:13 PM
After using fly, your guy will fly in to a pokemon center and at night they use his day time sprite so he is totaly off colored.

DesAeros
10th May 2007, 4:11 PM
The thing that bugs me is the lack of search features in the pokemon boxes.

Yes, I know, you can use the two buttons on the lower screen, but that only gives you quick box check and the other, which is actually somewhat useful, is for searching for a pokemon with an item, or one with a mark. I'd like a little more, such as nature and liked food (i've turned into a big contest nut, still haven't found a good bug pokemon for beauty yet, but thats besides the point.), or even things such as level, gender, and what the pokemon's name starts with (could just copy it from the GTS and alter it for the boxes, wouldn't be that hard, unless they made the coding rediculously hard)

another thing, the dot that can control the boxes is a bit of a hastle, since you can only tell it to scroll one at a time.

Storm the Red
10th May 2007, 4:27 PM
The annoying things for me:

* There's no Eevee till National dex
* Not enough fire Pokémon
* Can't ride bike through gatehouse
* HONEY TREES
* It seems the encounter rate is higher. Every time I turn around I'm in another battle.
* Shinnoh is hard as hell to navigate, I can't remember where anything is and it's ANNOYING!

TogeticTheRuler
11th May 2007, 6:35 AM
Male mitsuhoney can`t evolve

elite ralf
11th May 2007, 6:52 AM
I take back what
I previously posted
weeks ago.

in that time I dont
have d/p yet.but now,

*surfing's the most
annoying thing.so