PDA

View Full Version : Deoxys: A special pokemon???(MD)

CrYsTaL-Suicune
4th May 2007, 6:14 PM
In my MD one day, I had Deoxys as team leader and went to Pokemon Square.
I went to Gulpin's Link Shop to link its moves but I accidentally pressed "Remember" and Gulpin said, "Uhh? You appear to be a special pokemon. I can't remember(?) any moves for you." (I'm not sure about the second sentence but it's something like that). I was surprised.

I pressed Remember again and the same thing happened.

I have 2 questions.

1) Why is Deoxys considered special?
2) Why can't Gulpin remember Deoxys' moves?

Thank you!!!

ahmad_bulba
4th May 2007, 6:34 PM
Maybe cuz deoxys is a legendary or maybe u have just recruited it..and it does not know any moves except the ones that it knows...

CrYsTaL-Suicune
4th May 2007, 6:45 PM
Ahmad bulba...

DNA, my Deoxys, I had recruited it 5 days before during that time I went to Gulpin.

And I've repeated it to make sure I wasn't imagining it. The same thing happened.

Actually, regarding Deoxys, what surprised me is Gulpin's comment "You are a special Pokemon". Because with other pokemon, Gulpin never says "special", even legendaries.

latiaswindblast
4th May 2007, 6:55 PM
Every form has a different Moveset.

ahmad_bulba
4th May 2007, 7:10 PM
Ahmad bulba...

DNA, my Deoxys, I had recruited it 5 days before during that time I went to Gulpin.

And I've repeated it to make sure I wasn't imagining it. The same thing happened.

Actually, regarding Deoxys, what surprised me is Gulpin's comment "You are a special Pokemon". Because with other pokemon, Gulpin never says "special", even legendaries.

Ok now im stumped....This is odd....

Scepgatr
4th May 2007, 7:24 PM
Its because what Latiaswindblast said. Every form (attack, defense, speed & normal) learn different moves at certain levels. Since only the Normal form is there when inside the town (other three are only seen in the dungeons), they just made it so Deoxys can never remember any moves. If you want it to learn moves from previous levels, you will have to use Doom Seeds to level it down. Then level it up to let it learn the moves.

parasectdude
4th May 2007, 8:42 PM
I was trying to get Teleport on it and found that out. I was kinda annoyed at it.