PDA

View Full Version : Walreign, Staru and Shedinja help!!!!

soronrocket
5th May 2007, 1:26 PM
Hi, this isn't so much a team rate as a pokemon rate... kinda.

well, i have a sealo at level 40, and it currently has these moves:

rest
snore
hail
water pulse.
nature: gentle

I do not really want it to be a special sweeper, but is there anything else it could work as? and with what moves? obviously i'll evolve it at level 44.

I also have a staru which I'd like to raise into a special sweeper. its currently at level 29 and knows these moves:

recover
camouflage
thunderbolt
surf
nature: bold

I understand that the moveset at the moment is pretty awful, but i've got a long way to go. also, is it best to keep staru until lv. 46 to get cosmic power and hydro pump or should i evolve it to get confuse ray?

lastly, i really do love the pokemon shedinja. Is there any way that it can be used successfuly in the game? and what is it's ideal moveset?

here is the rest of my team:
blazikin
raichu
flygon
gardevoir.

i also have a breloom. i am hapy with the above four and just would like to know which pokemon to put in the other two slots. thanx

Ultimate Glalie
5th May 2007, 1:39 PM
Walrein @ Leftovers (when it evolves)
Modest

Rest
Sleep Talk
Ice Beam
Surf

Staryu should be evolved straight away, and it doesn't need to know Confuse Ray.

Starmie @ Shell Bell
Timid

Psychic
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Surf

Shedinja definetly isn't the best Pokemon you can use, but here is a moveset for it:

Shedinja @ Nothing
Adamant

Silver Wind/Fury Swipes
Thief
Aerial Ace
Shadow Ball

crudent
5th May 2007, 2:13 PM
pooh, please learn to type properly, soronrocket.

Use ^his movesets for Walrein and Starmie, but not for Shedinja.

Alternative Walrein moveset:
Walrein @ Leftovers
Bold/Modest
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Encore
- Rest

Shedinja @ Lum Berry
Adamant
- Shadow Ball
- Silver Wind
- Protect/Swords Dance
- Toxic/Aerial Ace
Thief fails on Shedinja.

Definitely use Starmie, and use Shedinja if you really feel that strongly about it.

soronrocket
6th May 2007, 10:19 PM
Hmm... ok, I looked at all the types that my current team (blaziken, starmie, flygon, raichu, gardevoir) is weak against, and I can counter all of them except ghost and psychic. So I'm guessing I'd be best using a dark pokemon? I thought about Cacturne or Shiftry, but neither learn crunch or any decent dark type attacks. So then I thought about mightyena, but it's starts aren't great ... hmmm ... any suggestions?

soronrocket
6th May 2007, 10:21 PM
Hmm... ok, I looked at all the types that my current team (blaziken, starmie, flygon, raichu, gardevoir) is weak against, and I can counter all of them except ghost and psychic. So I'm guessing I'd be best using a dark pokemon? I thought about Cacturne or Shiftry, but neither learn crunch or any decent dark type attacks. So then I thought about mightyena, but it's starts aren't great ... hmmm ... any suggestions?

The Mighty Wurmple
7th May 2007, 2:14 AM
Houndoom is probably your best bet.
Although then you'll have 2 Fire types..

Tyranitar is good if you can trade.

loopy100
7th May 2007, 12:24 PM
I was going to say Tyranitar. But the forums were screwing themselves last night and i couldnt post.

Sharpedo is another one worth considering, however, its defences are too low for a bit impact on the opponent. Crawdaunt would also be good, but it only learns Crunch in FR/LG

crudent
7th May 2007, 3:29 PM
Sharpedo is too weak; Crawdaunt gets killed by Thunderbolt.

soronrocket
7th May 2007, 3:46 PM
Ye, I do have a sharpedo but it doesn't take much to KO it. I like the sound of houndoom, but how would I get it? there is virtually no-one in my area who plays the games any more ... :( I could get it after the league by trading from my XD, but really I could do with a decent dark pokemon FOR the league, to combat the ghost pokemon elite member.

crudent
7th May 2007, 4:00 PM
Safari Zone.

Ultimate Glalie
7th May 2007, 7:10 PM
Your Flygon could learn Crunch. Just go to the Move Tutor.

soronrocket
7th May 2007, 8:49 PM
I tought my flygon crunch. Didn't think about that, Ultimate Glalie, thanks. Crudent, I'm on Ruby, it's only in emerald that houndour can be caught in the safari zone. I'm still stuck for what my 6th pokemon should be though ... hmm...

Scepgatr
8th May 2007, 11:54 AM
Try this:

Shiftry @ Leftovers
Trait: Chlorophyll
Mild Nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Sunny Day
- Solarbeam
- Brick Break/Leech Seed
- Shadow Ball

soronrocket
8th May 2007, 6:32 PM
Thanks scepgatr. I'll have a look at that. I also caught an absol with a jolly nature. I was thinking of maybe using that. If I taught it calm mind to raise it's special def. to take on the elite ghost master's banette ( which uses thunder bolt) and use a dark move successfully, and also taught it shadow ball. Is this a good idea?

Scepgatr
8th May 2007, 7:25 PM
Absol is bad. It has a high Att stat, yet very limited movepool. Shiftry takes care of Ghosts and Psychics with Shadow Ball.

The Mighty Wurmple
8th May 2007, 11:23 PM
Also, the Jolly nature is down in Special Attack, which you need for Dark type attacks.

crudent
9th May 2007, 12:30 PM
Flygon's Crunch and Shiftry's immunity to Psychic + resistance to Ghost can round off your team.

POKEMON KING LEAFGREEN
11th May 2007, 11:57 AM
Shedinja wants Sandstorm and Leftovers attached to it.

PsyDragon Trainer cannot detect sarcasm...

PsyDragon Trainer
11th May 2007, 1:04 PM
Shedinja wants Sandstorm and Leftovers attached to it.
N00BIE ALERT!!!! Geesh, dude, Sandstorm kills it... And leftovers does do very much to Shedinja.... If you want to be funny, go joke at your mum, maybe she'll laugh...

Shedinja:
@ Lum Berry.
Adamant Nature.
-Swords Dance.
-Silver Wind.
-Shadow Ball.
-Toxic or something.

Alzi
15th May 2007, 4:49 AM
Protect over toxic.. If you don't know your oppent has a super effective move then protect and see what attack he uses if you feel save then do a sword dance if not then switch out.