PDA

View Full Version : my in-game nite(please post on this for once)

Shadow Flame
5th May 2007, 3:14 PM
ok here's what I'm planning

Dragonite@leftovers/lum berry
hp60,252spatk,196spd
timid(I won't change the nature since it took me forever to get a good one)
-Tbolt
-Ice beam
-agility/Twave(they're both for increasing his speed/decreasing the oponent's)
-outrage(for a power hitter move)/sub/?(anysuggestions?)

ok yeah not too much strategy here just agility/t-wave them, then blow them away with t-bolt/icebeaam since nothing resists it and if they bring out a big hitter then just outrage for a sure kill. Outrage is why I want t-wave 'cause then when I switch I don't lose the speed it stays with them. The only thing is if they send out blissey I'm screwed. For the last one I thought may be somethin' like double edge or H-beam if I'm about to die or somethin like that, but I'm not sure. I don't want a mixed attacker, for the last slot one physical attack is ok I guess.

crudent
5th May 2007, 3:34 PM
Last two moves should be more of Focus Punch and Substitute.

Thunderbolt + Ice Beam already take care of almost all the pokemon in the game, and Focus Punch is for those special walls that try to stop you.

Shadow Flame
5th May 2007, 4:24 PM
yeah they'd be better but I don't want a sub punch night or any other kind of nite I want a special sweeper nite. I could put punch as the last move, but I suck at prediction so that's why I thought double edge or somethin'. thanx though.

crudent
5th May 2007, 5:37 PM
Substitute prevents all attacks from being done to you, so you can Focus Punch all you like. Bolt+Beam covers nearly all the pokemon in the game. That's enough special coverage.

Yami Marius
5th May 2007, 9:56 PM
If you want a special Sweeper Dragoniet, here's what I suggest:
Modest (Timid might work too, but Modest would be better)
-Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Dragon Claw/Outrage/Flamethrower
- Substitute/Safeguard

Thunderbolt and Ice Beam cover most types so technically this is all it needs. Earthquake/Aerial Ace (although better on a Dragon Dancer) or Focus Punch/Substitute would be more logical options. Since you don't want those, take Dragon Claw over Outrage; although less powerful, it doesn't confuse the user afterwards. But it’s possible Substitute prevents this, I can’t remember. But Safeguard certainly does. So use this as your forth move if you want Outrage. Flamethrower is to fight the few mono Steel-types you might face.
Just remember a Special Dragonite is not as powerful as a Physical one.

P.S. Special Dragonite is one of my favourites despite what others say.

crudent
6th May 2007, 5:53 AM
Tell me, what is the use of a Dragon Claw when you've got Ice Beam to deal with other Dragons? "So OMFG it's got STAB!!!" Big deal, most dragons take 4X damage from Ice Beam anyway.

Substitute doesn't prevent confusion from Outrage. Safeguard + Outrage is a n00b combo. Substitute prevents opponents from damaging you, and allows you to Focus Punch freely.

You know what, you can run a Thunderbolt/Ice Beam/Flamethrower/Surf Dragonite and I wouldn't give a damn, because I've given my rate already, and you can do whatever you want.

dusk456
6th May 2007, 7:00 AM
I think the Dragonite should have Icebeam,TBolt,Thunderwave and Dragonclaw with Leftovers or petaya or salac berry as the hold item.

dusk456
6th May 2007, 7:05 AM
I think the Dragonite should have Icebeam,TBolt,Thunderwave and Dragonclaw with Leftovers or petaya or salac berry as the hold item.

The Mighty Wurmple
6th May 2007, 8:15 AM
^ If you read the above posts, you'll see that it's redundant to have Dragon Claw and Ice Beam on the same set, as Ice Beam covers the same types as Dragon Claw does super-effective.

Tanker
7th May 2007, 10:37 PM
As a side note for those suggesting Dragon Claw, lets look at the numbers.

Dragon Claw's base power: 80
With STAB:120
Super Effective:240

Ice Beam's base power: 95
No STAB
Most Dragons take 4x, so:380

Hmm...380 vs. 240...wonder which is better...obviously Ice Beam

Tanker
7th May 2007, 10:37 PM
As a side note for those suggesting Dragon Claw, lets look at the numbers.

Dragon Claw's base power: 80
With STAB:120
Super Effective:240

Ice Beam's base power: 95
No STAB
Most Dragons take 4x, so:380

Hmm...380 vs. 240...wonder which is better...obviously Ice Beam

Shadow Flame
14th May 2007, 12:21 AM
okay I'm not gonna sub punch, because as already stated I don't want subpunch nite or dd nite so I figure I might go sub for one of the moves and maybe brick break for bliss or somethin' like that I might check his hidden power and see what it is or maybe I'll do
t-wave/agility
tbolt
icebeam
sub

basically one last question should I do t wave or agility? thanx for your help though.

crudent
14th May 2007, 11:56 AM
Thunder Wave, obviously.