PDA

View Full Version : #SPP-WiFi

Danieru
6th May 2007, 8:26 AM
I noticed that, although #SPP-WiFi is for both trading and online battling, all it really has is spam for trades such as for shinies or illegitimate hacked Poke'mon.

I was wondering... Wouldn't it be a good idea to make a separate channel dedicated to battling so that people who want to play against others won't get their requests to battle flooded by the constantly flowing trade requests?

Chris
6th May 2007, 8:31 AM
Hell no. Maintaining one room is a pain in the *** enough as is. TWO would be hellacious. Imagine how much trouble that is for some of us who would have to watch over THREE chats (SPP, SPP-Trade, SPP-Battle). :|

Danieru
6th May 2007, 8:31 AM
Yeah, I know that, but even if I did, very few would know about it. I'm wondering if Serebii would even acknowledge the existence of a channel like that and put it on the front page as a Java link and let it have the usual rules, etc...

May Angel
6th May 2007, 9:06 AM
Wouldn't it help if we get more ACTIVE ops?

Also, why not put the chan on mute always and make Serebii put on ways on how to PM a person, that way, it would lessen the spam.

Just my two cents...

Mello
6th May 2007, 9:11 AM
That's a pretty good idea Sheenz... but it'll result in the spammage of the main SPP channel imo. This is because no one would know who has what Pokemon etc, and will ask on the main channel... which I think is already spammy enough =(.

But I'm in on more ops. Maybe people from all different timezones =/.
Kintana <3

Danieru
6th May 2007, 9:13 AM
Also, why not put the chan on mute always and make Serebii put on ways on how to PM a person, that way, it would lessen the spam.The only problem with that is that you won't always be able to tell who is currently active in the channel, and that you would have to use #SPP to discuss the current "battling scene", such as who is currently the best, etc...

May Angel
6th May 2007, 9:16 AM
Getting more Ops is always a great solution but even if we have more ops, and only like 2/over nine thousaaaaand are active, it's pointless.

I agree with Kintana, there should be Ops from different timezones, not because I am in a different timezone :P...okay maybe that's the reason, but still, there should be at least 4 or 5 active ops during a certain time of the day.

Erik Destler
7th May 2007, 2:09 AM
We really don't need that many more ops.

We have enough as it is.

However, some ops live in the US and can't be on during late hours, like myself. :\

I'm on most of the weekend, and also on after school when I'm not busy.

However, please take into consideration that other Ops do in fact have other things to do, so they may not be there 24/7.