PDA

View Full Version : The wifi IRC mute

Zeta333
6th May 2007, 9:14 AM
When i joined the wifi irc channle today it was muted , so i asked around and was told to talk to the admin in there , Chris.

When i talked to him , he was extremely rude and disrespectfule and very much being an *******. He was very much full of him self , muteing the server becuase he didnt feel like takeing the time to boot the spammers. THen twords the end of the chat with him he tells me to piss off. So then i leave the chat with him and go to another active op and talk to them about the problem , in the middle of the chat i get booted from the wifi IRC saying that he told me to piss off.

Now leme ask you , do you really want your admins behaveing like this to the members Serebii?

Mello
6th May 2007, 9:20 AM
You're the same guy who PMed me.

muteing the server becuase he didnt feel like takeing the time to boot the spammers.

He spent 2 hours trying to do that to know effect O.o''. Chans do get muted every now and then.

Also, the chat was muted because morons weren't paying attention to the rules iirc. ;).

Zeta333
6th May 2007, 9:22 AM
I said that he was being one , becuase of his rudeness and disrespect twords the other people as well as me. Also maby instead of muteing the channle the ops should do their job and Boot the spammers.

Mello
6th May 2007, 9:24 AM
Like I said, that's what they had spent the last 2 hours doing. It wasn't just Chris either. He asked Leeloo if he wanted it muted and Leeloo, Sheena and Myself said it would be good. Chris didn't choose to mute it on his own =/.

Danieru
6th May 2007, 9:28 AM
+m is far faster and works just as well as keeping the IRC room clean. Chris doesn't need to ban individually, he just needs to take the whole group down in one fell swoop.

When you have more bad people doing stupid things than you have good people, it would actually be easier for Chris to mute and +v those he feels trustworthy, which is just about nobody.

Danieru
6th May 2007, 9:29 AM
+m is far faster and works just as well as keeping the IRC room clean. Chris doesn't need to ban individually, he just needs to take the whole group down in one fell swoop.

When you have more bad people doing stupid things than you have good people, it would actually be easier for Chris to mute and +v those he feels trustworthy, which is just about nobody.

Chris
6th May 2007, 9:31 AM
Because you were ANNOYING other users about something that is none of your concern nor do you have any say in the matter. Not to mention we have rules for the chats that state not to argue about the rules, the decisions the Ops make or with the Ops themselves. You pestering a NON-OP and an Op about the matter doesn't make anything better.

Erik Destler
7th May 2007, 2:05 AM

+m doesn't work on SPPc though. Joe has it blocked.
And also, he said he has a dislike the mass ban thing too.

It's tempting to set it sometimes, but it's just mean in my opinion. A couple of kickbans are much more efficient, imo. :[

Zeta333
7th May 2007, 5:44 PM
Well instead of being a rude arrogant ******* like he was he could have been a little nicer , you know work on his people skills , then maby i wouldnt have called him a ***. I just dont see this as how you want your admins to come off to other people.

Kirby
8th May 2007, 7:25 AM
To be honest, I hate muting (not +m, doing the whole channel ban, I'm calling it muting for now because it's easier) the channel, and I'll admit right now that I asked Joe to keep people from doing it.

99.9% of the time I see it muted, I unmute it. But because I am a halfop, and get halfopped when I come in, the whole mute channel thing doesn't affect me, so I don't even notice it's been muted, unless someone PM's me.

So if it's muted, and you see me on, please drop me a PM, and I'll unmute it for you. The only time I ever agreed to mute it was when quickman, an idiot spammer who spams because "lol he got a warning wah wah", came in under proxies and spammed the hell out of SPP and SPP-wifi, so I said let's mute the channel and then give everyone a voice, which we did, and that stopped the moron. Seriously, it's sad that people feel the need to spam a channel because they got a warning ;/

As for Chris's attitude, not much I can do about it. I'd suggest you refrain from calling him names though, as that'll make matters worse, and get you into trouble. I can also say that dealing with idiots 24/7 on the chatroom can make one very pissy, while that is no excuse, we all get a bit tired of the stupidity, and therefore are prone to acting rash. Also the fact that you were annoying other users, and then trying to play innocent, is damn funny.

Next time, I'd suggest asking someone with either a % or @ next to their name about it, nicely, instead of annoying other users =/

Zeta333
8th May 2007, 6:44 PM
That was about the 3rd time i had used irc. I asked someone who had a symbole next to their name and i didnt know if they were op or not , that person told me to talk to chirs and leave them alone so i did , then i talked to chris , after getting fed up with his attitude i went to talk to another OP and then chris banned me.