PDA

View Full Version : Question about Shedinja

Jupitel
8th May 2007, 3:56 PM
Why does Shedinja have only "1" HP~?
well for me it's kinda weird can anyone tell me why~? sorry if I ask a nubish question >.>

Iran
8th May 2007, 4:08 PM
cos its Shedinja's unique Wonder Guard ability completely protects them from all damage taken from nearly all attacks that are not super-effective against them. As dual Bug- and Ghost-type Pokémon, Shedinja take super-effective damage from five different types, including Fire and Rock. Although Shedinja's ability is able to protect them from attack damage in most cases, Shedinja can still be damaged by indirect methods, such as damaging weather or status effects.and if he had like 50hp it would be like unbeatiable

Tyranny of Tyranitar
8th May 2007, 10:31 PM
Shedinja is a pokemon that resembles a sheding from a Cicada. Since it is only a sheding, it is only reasonable that it has one HP. It's ability, Wonder Guard, would also let it own if it had more than one HP.

ShinyManafi
9th May 2007, 2:14 AM
Never ever bother trying to raise the HP either..

loopy100
9th May 2007, 5:49 PM
Simply put, if u are going to EV train it, stick everything into Attack and Speed...thats all ull need :p

Jupitel
10th May 2007, 10:02 AM
then how will I raise it's HP~? ;292; ;292;

yamiiguy
10th May 2007, 10:12 AM
then how will I raise it's HP~? ;292; ;292;

Simple. You can't

ferret :D
10th May 2007, 10:16 AM
You dont raise its HP and you cant

Jupitel
10th May 2007, 10:21 AM
=O ok~ ;292; ;292;

The Shadow Knight
11th May 2007, 12:15 PM
1 base hp,with more than that and wonder guard he would be miserable broken.

Theneedleman
11th May 2007, 7:57 PM
1 base hp,with more than that and wonder guard he would be miserable broken.
Not really..only with 200-300 HP would it be broken.

The real reason why Shedingja only has one HP is this:

In the Pokémon universe, Shedinja are the shed carapaces of a newly evolved Ninjask that have taken on a ghostly sentience of their own. Their hard-layered bodies are hollow and utterly dark, and they do not possess organs normally considered vital for life. As Nincada are based on the cicada nymph and Ninjask are based on the adult cicada, Shedinja are based on the shed exoskeleton left behind during the cicada's metamorphosis. Like shed exoskeletons, Shedinja are completely immobile and do not breathe. They are able to float and hover, however, though its wings do not move. They also have a halo-like object above their heads. If one were to look at a Shedinja from the back, one would see a large, gaping hole where the Ninjask emerged. An old legend, however, states that a Shedinja will steal the souls of anyone who looks into the opening on its back.[endofpastefromwiki]