PDA

View Full Version : Need Help

Gambit121
8th May 2007, 7:05 PM
Hi I'm new and decided to join the forums after going to the chat yesterday. When I tried to go on the Wifi chat today though it says I'm banned and trying to avoid a ban evasion. This is what it says:

Connecting...
Logging In...
-Sebben Dejatoons.net- *** Looking up your hostname...
-Sebben Dejatoons.net- *** Found your hostname (Cached)
-Sebben Dejatoons.net- *** Checking ident...
-Sebben Dejatoons.net- *** Received identd repsonse
-Sebben Dejatoons.net- *** You are banned from Dejatoons (Ban evasion)

I'm not sure why I'm banned. I've only been to the chat like 3 times, and didn't do anything but ask people some questions and for a battle. I appreciate whoever helps me out.

Thanks, Rob

Mello
9th May 2007, 8:29 AM
Oh. There are a few reasons you may have been banned.

Firstly, Chris enforced a rule saying that if you requested something, you had to wait 10 minutes before requesting it again. You would have gotten banned if you didn't wait.

If you were asking questions not related to Wifi, you may have gotten banned for off-topicness.

You could have also been cloning. Duplicate windows of the SPP-Wifi Java Page would have counted at cloning.

Lastly, asking for Glitched/Hacked Pokemon would have also got you banned.

Did you do any of those? If so, keep checking back. The ban list is cleaned out a lot ;).

Kirby
9th May 2007, 9:00 AM
What is your name you go under, and if you could provide me with your hostmask and IP address, I could take a look in my logs and see what I come up with.

When you login to the server, it should say something like this in the status window.

Welcome to the DejaToons IRC Network Aipom!~Capoaira2@c-71-59-246-135.hsd1.or.comcast.net

c-71-59-246-135.hsd1.or.comcast.net is my IP and hostmask.

Gambit121
10th May 2007, 12:44 AM
Well I tried to get on the chat again and was able to. Thanks for responding and here's the info you asked for:

Name I use is the same as the forums Gambit121

and according to your example my IP and hostmask is: adsl-68-72-122-39.dsl.chcgil.ameritech.net