PDA

View Full Version : Question about buying used PKM Ruby.

Sheik
8th May 2007, 9:09 PM
I'm going to buy this for a friend and since only way to get it is used i'm hoping a few people can answer these questions.

1:If the used game has been cheated on with gameshark, action replay or something like that will it affect the game i'm going to erase the file incase it has been cheated on.

2:I'll play the file before deleting to see if the person left anything is there anyway to tell if the poke'mon are cheated or hacked in any way?

I know if it's a legendary and is caught in the wrong area, or a poke'mon caught in a place it's not in the area etc.

Thanks for the help and I hope this is the right area to ask this.

DDJ2991
9th May 2007, 11:04 AM
well he is your friend couldnt you just ask him if he has hacked? and if he says yes just start a new game. Although im not sure if it affects a new save file.

Heliotrope
9th May 2007, 11:52 PM
1:If the used game has been cheated on with gameshark, action replay or something like that will it affect the game

Yeah, the game cart will explode as soon as you load the save file. Watch out!

2:I'll play the file before deleting to see if the person left anything is there anyway to tell if the poke'mon are cheated or hacked in any way?

They'll all have big signs on their foreheads that read; "I'm a cheated Pokemon. Run for the hills!"

Hacked/cloned Pokemon do not harm your game. And getting traded hacked/cloned Pokemon won't harm your game, either.

DDJ2991
10th May 2007, 10:40 AM
^^^^^ HaHa sarcasm much?

but seriously who is this person, and why cant you ask them?

alzzy126
10th May 2007, 10:46 AM
umm he?she is buying it FOR a friend not FROM him anyway just see if they have any good ones i ended up with a lvl 100 charizard when i bought my 2nd hand leafgreen