PDA

View Full Version : Saying Darkrai, Shaymin, or Arceus in SPP-WiFi gets you banned.

Fox
10th May 2007, 11:27 AM
To clarify, due to the huge amount of users and rush of chat, it has been added to some of the ops' scripts to automatically kick+ban anyone who says "Darkrai, Shaymin, or Arceus"

The reason for this is that these Pokemon are unobtainable via legitimate/official methods. We had restricted it to allow for the original Japanese glitch, but too much discussion about hacked ones came into play, especially Arceus, so discussion of them is banned altogether.

This is mentioned in the topic, via a notice upon entering the channel, and told by various ops, so there is no reason to say "I didn't know". The ban is NOT permanent, so do not come to complain, or ask when you will be unbanned.

Black Mage
10th May 2007, 11:30 AM
Am I the only one who thinks this is rather stupid?

Then again, I don't ever go onto WiFi chat.

--;475;

Serebii
10th May 2007, 11:33 AM
Most of the people offering them are usually ********ting and getting people out of their rare pokemon

And we do not endorse or support glitches or hacks so it has to be done

Black Mage
10th May 2007, 11:56 AM
that doesn't mean you have to ban it altogether, especially if someone is merely wanting pokedex data and doesn't give a crap about what they have

--;475;

Serebii
10th May 2007, 11:59 AM
We're not condoning it meaning it is not allowed whatsoever. Notice we dont allow discussion of Action Replay here

~*Pearl*~
10th May 2007, 12:31 PM
Most of the people offering them are usually ********ting and getting people out of their rare pokemon

And we do not endorse or support glitches or hacks so it has to be done
Eh, are you sure about that or was that a typo? :p

Turak
10th May 2007, 1:33 PM
Ya, how about the "Offical Darkari and Shaymin Glitch thread"? Anyway, Does that rule include the message boards, or can people still ask for them there?

mrhiyuck
10th May 2007, 1:44 PM
No, I think it only applies to chat because that is being taken over by noobs.

Kirby
10th May 2007, 11:08 PM
By the way, the only op with the script that bans those three pokemon from being said is...

Yes, myself.

I spent over 3 hours dealing with "WHO WANTS ARCEUS HACK POKEMONS!!!!!!"

Over.

And.

Over.

AND OVER ;_;

I got sick of it, so I set my script to kickban upon saying that word.

If you evade my script, and I catch you or get a report from someone saying you evaded the kick, I will ban you for however long I please.

And DO NOT PM ME when you get banned by me. 99% of the time I have a kick message which tells why you were banned. READ IT! I got over 25+ PM's in one hour saying crap like this.

"why u ban meh?"
"ur a horible mod u sux and u has an epenis"
"i is reportin u to serbii"

I'm not kidding. Read the kick message. HOWEVER, if you feel you were kicked for no reason, feel free to PM me, and I will clairify.

But be warned, I do get very cranky when you PM me when the reason you were kicked is quite obvious.

The other day the server was having problems, so my script would ban people for flooding, when they were not actually flooding. I am more then happy to have someone PM me, post their kick message (I'll look at logs to make sure you're not lying), and if you were really kicked on accident, I will unban you.

If I don't respond, relax, I'm obviously not there, and you'll be unbanned automatically in 5 minutes.

IF you come into another SPP chat asking why you were banned, I will ban you from there as well. I'm sick of the stupidity, the rules are pointed out to you when you join, three freaking times.

I don't see how you can miss them. So if you get kicked for saying Arceus, it's your own fault.

And PLEASE read the rules BEFORE you PM me and start accusing me of kicking someone for no reason.

Growlith
11th May 2007, 7:45 AM
Even worse with shiny Pokemon. Yet nothings done about them. A guest, just about every hour, will offer a shiny legendary(ies) at least once without fail. When you see the amount they have you begin to wonder whether they really are on cloud cuckoo land if they believe we think they got them legitimately.

PLANES CURE TOWERS
11th May 2007, 8:50 AM
And people wonder why I refuse to operate #SPP-Wifi and hardly ever go to #SPP anymore, lol. :(

Willow's Tara
11th May 2007, 10:57 AM
What will happen when the Nintendo Events come with those Pokemon? When people can get them legally that is.

Hmm, maybe I should see what the chat is about, but I probably have no need for it, I don't have Wifi or Diamond/Pearl......Yet

Kirby
11th May 2007, 11:10 AM
What will happen when the Nintendo Events come with those Pokemon? When people can get them legally that is.

Hmm, maybe I should see what the chat is about, but I probably have no need for it, I don't have Wifi or Diamond/Pearl......Yet

We'll make it so they no longer get banned for that :/

Willow's Tara
11th May 2007, 11:14 AM
I see, that's makes sense, it probably won't entierely get rid of Pokemon that are obtained Illegally since some places don't get thos events.

I went to the chat before...Ironic enough a few posts later someone mentions Darkrai even thought it clearly says at the top don't mention it..

SuperLink
11th May 2007, 11:21 AM
Sounds perfectly reasonable to me. IMO places like chat rooms should be kept away from, so it doesn't affect me at all, but it if did then it's perfectly alright, infact beneficial.

I don't like hax unless it's totally necessary; even then I feel kinda dirty having to do it.

Ho-oh Master
11th May 2007, 1:19 PM
Thats understandable. To be safe you should do the Japanese names also.

EDIT: I wanted to ask what about people who are asking/offering Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus on the forums?

Syther
28th May 2007, 12:38 AM
You might want to clarify this issue in the chat rules. (http://serebii.net/chat-wifi.shtml)For the wifi chat it says you can't ask for those 3. It never said you couldn't talk about them

Mello
29th May 2007, 7:58 AM
You might want to clarify this issue in the chat rules. (http://serebii.net/chat-wifi.shtml)For the wifi chat it says you can't ask for those 3. It never said you couldn't talk about them

"Talking" about them is an offence too, and it's against the rules to not talk about Wifi on the wifi chat =). You can only offer/request.