PDA

View Full Version : All Dressed Up With Somewhere To Go (501)

Serebii
10th May 2007, 10:35 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/501.jpgAll Dressed Up With Somewhere To Go

On their way to Eterna City, Ash & Co. come across a special convention. The prize? A mysterious Pokémon egg. This convention however is a rather unusual one. Entrants are Pokémon and they have to look like other Pokémon. With everyone intending to enter, the competition is fierce. Especially since Team Rocket have their eyes on the egg.

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/shinou/501.shtml)

Discuss

Wind Waker
10th May 2007, 10:43 PM
piplup/weedle=funny...for me. overall al the transofrmations were kinda funny but very odd... take weepingbell/sunkern...
And brock ot the egg and that poor old lady got knocked to the ground by the sound man again. good stuff.

Korobooshi Kojiro
10th May 2007, 10:52 PM
Jessie knows of Palkia, it seems?

Oh, and Kakuna as Crawdaunt = love.

I noticed in one shot there WAS a real Crawdaunt however...0.o

Serebii
10th May 2007, 10:54 PM
Just a reminder, do not discuss stuff that will happen in future episodes, even if it is "common knowledge" due to a certain movie containing it, do NOT discuss it in these threads. These threads are for dicussion of this ep ONLY.

If you need to discuss it, then please use the spoiler tags

Korobooshi Kojiro
10th May 2007, 11:05 PM
So, what were all the impressions Pikachu did? I spotted Seviper, Buneary, and Mudkip.

scissorX
10th May 2007, 11:11 PM
Croagunk FTW. That little thing sure does make me laugh, I'm really glad Brock won, even though I knew he would because of the whole egg thing. But I just enjoyed seeing him do so.

Another highlight was seeing more of the best bird that has ever graced Ash's team.

Good episode.

Snorkle
10th May 2007, 11:29 PM
Yes, Brock deserved to win that one ^^ Greggle don't get enough appreciation on the show! I mean, it does have the honor of attacking Brock's behind whenever he goes gaga on some girl, but...
Pochama as Weedle was a tad random for my taste but eh...

Decent episode overall.

jolteonjak
11th May 2007, 2:06 AM
I think Pikachu did Budew too. I'm not sure.

freakin_chicken
11th May 2007, 2:07 AM
Pikachu:

Wobbuffet
Serviper
Mudkip
Lotad
Buneary
Budew

n@nd0
11th May 2007, 3:22 AM
I rally liked the transformation Trapinch Turtwig

S.Suikun
11th May 2007, 3:23 AM
Oh how I hate my mom's computer. And I'm stuck here for three freaking weeks. Sigh...

- Aww...why doesn't Sukizo have a costume?
- Sukizo has successfully brainwashed everyone into repeating "Suki desu ne".
- The return of the TR cowboy outfits!
- Boom mic: 1. Jessie: 0.
- XD, Muku.CHIC.
- Now Sudowoodo has brain damage.
- Sukizo...doesn't like it!?!
- A Doduo trying to be a Dodrio? Gets the three X's for incredible unoriginality.
- Is that Meowth's same costume from the Weavile episode?
- I've seen this Sunflora constume before also. The Wailord suit can't be far off.
- Uh-oh! You just made Sukizo ANGRY!
- LOL @ Emo James in the motto.
- Nice to see Mime Jr. actually battle for once.
- Aaaaaaaand James has lost his marbles! With Polka-o-Dolka!
- Will it be Ash, Brock, or FILLER BOY IN A CAP?
- Come to think of it, is this the first time Brock has won ANY kind of contest?
- Budew stuns Oak in Oak's Lecture.

Fun episode. Sometimes it's nice to have an episode every now and then that's void of anything serious whatsoever. James and Croagunk both stole the episode.

HoennMaster
11th May 2007, 3:32 AM
I must say, the pictures look great. Can't wait to see it.

scizor08
11th May 2007, 3:35 AM
what was pikachu imitating?

-Starly-
11th May 2007, 3:38 AM
Throughout the episode, I can't help but see that Croagunk seemed a little smaller in this episodes than in the other episodes, especially when the competitors were all up on stage.

I knew MUKKU.BIRD.'s brain damage was contagious!

uber gon
11th May 2007, 7:12 AM
what was pikachu imitating?

All the pokémon he's ever seen.

DANdotW
11th May 2007, 10:38 AM
What was the attack Mime Jr. used? Was it Teeter Dance? Or something similar?

Iota

Korobooshi Kojiro
11th May 2007, 11:15 AM
I saw Pikachu do Seviper, Loudred, Budew, Wobbuffet, Mimirol, Lotad, and Mudkip...

But then what I thought was Cacnea, but it looks different then the Gotta Dance one...maybe it was Makuhita?

Geodude
11th May 2007, 11:46 AM
Teeter Dance, yes.

PANCAKE
11th May 2007, 12:59 PM
*sigh*

Ya'd think whomever was designing the costumes for the Pokemon (writing staff) would have come up with something better for Meowth to wear. If I see him in another Weavile costume, I'll shove a tooth pick in my tear duct.

Other than that, fantastic episode. I liked Mime Jr the best wearing just a little hat of the Pokemon it was imitating. Oh, not to mention more naked Pokemon. I didn't see a panty line under Crogunk's green paint.

pochama_blue
11th May 2007, 2:21 PM
cool, but what was that random Palkia screen?
im glad brock won even though i hate his guts

Dax
11th May 2007, 3:31 PM
I'm waiting for Maestro Kinetico to say that the episode had no drama...

Who wants to bet?

*Staravia as Torchic was really funny*
http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/shinou/501/DP91.jpg

Crimsonmon
11th May 2007, 5:06 PM
cool, but what was that random Palkia screen?
im glad brock won even though i hate his guts

Mewoth was planning on giving the egg to the boss. But for he could finish his fantasy, Jessie said that she has no plans on handing it over it to him, just in case there's a really strong Pokemon inside that she'll keep for herself. This is when she thought of Palkia.

ChaosMage
12th May 2007, 9:59 AM
I can't watch the episode just yet- what did Ash envision Aipom as? Staravia and Turtwig as Torchic and Bonsly was great.

pit-fall
12th May 2007, 10:45 AM
Trapinch and Turtwig..

SpriterRs!
12th May 2007, 10:52 AM
I've seen the episode, It was good but didn't understand Jap.

Asarath365
12th May 2007, 11:25 AM
Brock gets a happini egg in this episode

The Benmeister
12th May 2007, 11:36 AM
I can't watch the episode just yet- what did Ash envision Aipom as? Staravia and Turtwig as Torchic and Bonsly was great.

He invisioned Aipom as Bonsly also.

I loved this episode, the way in which it was done was brilliant. I was nearly in stitches when depressed James (and Mime Jr.) took part in the motto. Lol at Meowth and Dustox teeter dancing too, and at Croagunk constantly clapping as a Politoed.

The judges seriously lack...er, judgement. But hey, it's Pokemon.

SpriterRs!
12th May 2007, 12:55 PM
Brock gets a happini egg in this episode

Really? I didn't know what Egg it was.

uber gon
13th May 2007, 8:17 AM
He invisioned Aipom as Bonsly also.

I loved this episode, the way in which it was done was brilliant. I was nearly in stitches when depressed James (and Mime Jr.) took part in the motto. Lol at Meowth and Dustox teeter dancing too, and at Croagunk constantly clapping as a Politoed.

The judges seriously lack...er, judgement. But hey, it's Pokemon.

How was the judging process done anyway?

Maestro Kinético
13th May 2007, 8:47 AM
It was the worst non-filler episode of the whole series IMO. The whole cosplay thing bored me, it was just Pokémon showing their costumes and that's all. A hollow episode.

bubblybubbly-bubba
13th May 2007, 10:52 AM
I found this episode funny, especially the pokemon dressed up and Emo James. And Brock finally won something.

Princess Reina
13th May 2007, 12:11 PM
I feel sorry for James. He had a chance for winning but \"smart\" Jessie screwed everything. He should leave her and start his own journey. Jessie and Meowth always dosomething stupid, that why they lose all the time.

Brock got an egg with Happiny, good for him. Everybody from the team had eggs only not him. This time he was luckier than others.

_Aerodactyl_
13th May 2007, 12:27 PM
Thnaks for the episode guide on this one ;) I cant wait too watch it! :D

Crimsonmon
14th May 2007, 1:35 AM
How was the judging process done anyway?

By how 'in character' the Pokemon was. Brock probably won as Croagunk was still in Politoad-mode even while they were trying to get the egg back.

uber gon
14th May 2007, 7:18 AM
By how 'in character' the Pokemon was. Brock probably won as Croagunk was still in Politoad-mode even while they were trying to get the egg back.

Guess that's why Dawn lost.

Dax
14th May 2007, 3:56 PM
I really didn't find impressive Piplup as Weedle. Croagunk as Politoed was really convincing.

Korobooshi Kojiro
14th May 2007, 6:06 PM
Piplup lost because he used bubble, something a Weedle wouldn't and couldn't do.

Geodude
14th May 2007, 11:01 PM
For the ten millionth time, Piplup's bubble attack is BubbleBEAM.

Korobooshi Kojiro
14th May 2007, 11:12 PM
Ooop!

After seeing this episode, time for Korobooshi Kojiro's Khaotic Kool Kommentary. (MORTAL KOMBAT!)

First off, I'd like to say the Electrode which friggen levitated and was able to create a gas around it was friggen sweet. Why didn't that win? I mean, IT LEVITATED! L-E-V-I-T-A-T-E-D! That is way more Ya-E-Desk-You-Nay then that Chatot who just babbled like an idiot. Why did that count? And that guy was the reigning champ? Someone must of paid off Sukizo...and the Koffing-Pi and Gyrapie only got one "O"? Why!

That Kakuna as Crawdaunt was awesome also. However, there was a REAL Crawdaunt in one scene...that freaked me out. Because like...what did it dress up as? Or was Kakuna so good it looked like it? Almost as much as Ash revealing his sick obsession with Bonsly which was borderline creepy...and sick. Real sick. Sudowoodo better be careful around that guy....

And Staravia was so awesome, it dissapeared in a time-warp due to it's mental powers at the end of the episode and wasn't seen again. Seviper also suddenly dissapeared, evaporating in a cloud of smoke...Dustox got to dance finally, after not appearing in Gotta Dance due to the No-Flyer's Clause.

So, yeah, this episode was awesome. Except for that Chatot...it deserves to die.

Dax
15th May 2007, 3:34 AM
I don't understand why Ash was so frustrated. Is not that he's going to die of he doesn't win... and Pikachu is too full of himself. He was funny but extremely confident.

uber gon
15th May 2007, 4:28 AM
Piplup lost because he used bubble, something a Weedle wouldn't and couldn't do.

Must portray Piplup's rather semi-disobedient attitude.

R_N
15th May 2007, 9:44 PM
Ooop!
First off, I'd like to say the Electrode which friggen levitated and was able to create a gas around it was friggen sweet. Why didn't that win? I mean, IT LEVITATED! L-E-V-I-T-A-T-E-D! That is way more Ya-E-Desk-You-Nay then that Chatot who just babbled like an idiot. Why did that count? And that guy was the reigning champ? Someone must of paid off Sukizo...and the Koffing-Pi and Gyrapie only got one "O"? Why!

I think that would be Magnet Rise. According to the dex, it learns it. Now how it produced the gas....

Geodude
15th May 2007, 10:43 PM
Must portray Piplup's rather semi-disobedient attitude.

Not at all, just inexperience.

uber gon
16th May 2007, 8:28 AM
Not at all, just inexperience.

But couldn't Dawn have told Piplup NOT to use its attacks.

WaterDragon trainer
20th October 2007, 3:06 PM
This episode was good. For a long while now, obviously, TR has gotten old. I mean wouldn’t Ash and everyone else recognize TR by now by their pokemon (Wobbuffet and Mime Jr always popping out). It was kinda funny how James was all mopey with his part of the motto. It was funny when Jessie insulted Mime Jr’s mimicking. Croagunk won?! IMO, he never really did anything much. Also, IMO, Pikachu should’ve won. Overall, this was just a decent filler episode.

pikasaur
20th October 2007, 3:18 PM
this was proboly one, if not my fave episode so far......

my favorite part was the annoncer girl getting hit with that mic at the very end

HoennMaster
20th October 2007, 4:44 PM
The best part of this episode? Brock finally got his egg. I can't wait until Happiny hatches.

Medea
20th October 2007, 10:01 PM
Well...This was a cute episode. Very cute for a filler! Funny at times too (okay I had to laugh at Sukizo). I just had to! He looked too much like a pimp standing there next to Joy and Jenny. And how Brock wishes it was him.

And one more thing I had to comment on would have to be Rhonda throughout the whole episode. She just reminded me of this old Rugrats episode where Angelica learns a terrible word. I was just watching to make sure she wasn't going to screw up BIG TIME like what happened on Rugrats.

"What does Miss Rhonda think of her kids? She thinks we're all little (BLEEPED OUT)!"

phoenix12
21st October 2007, 8:49 PM
definitely one of the best fillers in a while, I gotta say...i enjoyed the different approach to the episode (starting off with something other than the narrator reminding us where Ash is on his journey)...the way that the majority of the episode appeared as if we were watching the contest on Sinnoh Now...nicely done, nicely done

also...highlight = Sudowoodo's disappointment after Brock chose Croagunk (very similar to Staravia's reaction to being left out of the first gym battle)

Somorio
21st October 2007, 9:36 PM
Well...This was a cute episode. Very cute for a filler! Funny at times too (okay I had to laugh at Sukizo). I just had to! He looked too much like a pimp standing there next to Joy and Jenny. And how Brock wishes it was him.

And one more thing I had to comment on would have to be Rhonda throughout the whole episode. She just reminded me of this old Rugrats episode where Angelica learns a terrible word. I was just watching to make sure she wasn't going to screw up BIG TIME like what happened on Rugrats.

"What does Miss Rhonda think of her kids? She thinks we're all little (BLEEPED OUT)!"

the funny thing is I actually remember that episode from a looooong time ago, I belive a honking truck was passing by when angelica learned her new favorite bad word.

I can't belive you made me remember that darn you!
lol

uber gon
23rd October 2007, 4:49 AM
the funny thing is I actually remember that episode from a looooong time ago, I belive a honking truck was passing by when angelica learned her new favorite bad word.

I can't belive you made me remember that darn you!
lol

Maybe the writers liked Rugrats and now they want us to be reminded of them.

Ashy Boy
24th October 2007, 2:16 PM
Who did the voice for the presenter? Because whoever it was it sounded somewhat familiar to Solana (Pokemon Ranger)

Pika Hikari KT
25th October 2007, 9:29 AM

Medea wins the internet~:D I used to love Rugrats when I was a grade schooler(until I started watching Pokémon full time), and I remember that moment well. That's a fangirl for ya(Angelica, I mean)!

Funny at times too (okay I had to laugh at Sukizo). I just had to! He looked too much like a pimp standing there next to Joy and Jenny.
I had a feeling I wasn't the only one who thought that! So much of a legend in the Pokémon world he has to be carried out by two hot girls.XD

dman_dustin
25th October 2007, 6:30 PM
How is it a filler if one of the characters gets a pokemon, okay I know the egg hasn't hatched yet (going by the US, not japan) but it shouldn't count as a filler episode.

-sigh-

I guess I'll never understand what a filler episode is.

oh good Politoed impression, and funny stuff in the episode

Geodude
26th October 2007, 3:17 AM
How is it a filler if one of the characters gets a pokemon, okay I know the egg hasn't hatched yet (going by the US, not japan) but it shouldn't count as a filler episode.

-sigh-

I guess I'll never understand what a filler episode is.
You're right, this is obviously not a filler episode. You're also right that you'll never understand why the average Serebii user considers clearly important episodes to be fillers. Neither will I. I guess it's just because they don't have gym battles. -_-

Corzola
27th October 2007, 5:34 AM
Once again a great D/P episode. I loved how Brock and Mime Jr was angry at Jessie, because they actually had a small chance of winning. 7,5/10 p.

Ashy Boy
27th October 2007, 10:12 AM
Once again a great D/P episode. I loved how Brock and Mime Jr was angry at Jessie, because they actually had a small chance of winning. 7,5/10 p.

It was James and Mime Jr who were upset.

CabbyFish
27th October 2007, 10:35 PM
Who did the voice for the presenter? Because whoever it was it sounded somewhat familiar to Solana (Pokemon Ranger)

You mean Rhonda of Sinnoh Now? I believe she was voiced by Rhonda Krempa. Isn't that a coincidence?

I'm surprised that Pokemon USA/TAJ Productions didn't reprise Maddie's archive voice for Growlithe, or has Growlithe kept its original voice before? Just a minor thing.

Not only did Croagunk completely imitate Politoad and win, but Bill Rogers managed to keep Croagunk in tune for the entire episode. How did you do it?

Rebeccag
28th October 2007, 10:22 PM
i liked this episode too i liked the concept of a pokemon coplaying and liked how brock won and got a pokemon egg. Rhonda made me laugh too with the microphone too hitting her on the head

Ret46
29th October 2007, 12:13 AM
I think it's funny when Meowth says "sure" in the Weavile costume, and then covers his mouth. I also like it when Piplup dresses up as Weedle. It looked so cute!

InfernapeIZCool
6th December 2007, 9:41 PM
I can't believe that Chatot was the defending champion! It didn't even change its appearance. It just sang mediocrely for the whole time.

Heracross
5th February 2008, 5:12 AM
If this episode wasn't pure fun then I don't know what is. I had to feel sorry for poor Kojirou though - the guy never seems to catch a break and more often than not it's because of his own friends.

Bolt the Cat
22nd February 2008, 4:15 PM
The ending was stupid! Croagunk didn't seem like a winner to me! I think the judges just felt sorry for Brock, just like the writers!

BlisseyBoy
27th February 2008, 9:00 AM
The ending was stupid! Croagunk didn't seem like a winner to me! I think the judges just felt sorry for Brock, just like the writers!I agree. Meowth should've won, But Pika was a close second. ;242;

Bolt the Cat
1st March 2008, 12:13 AM
I agree. Meowth should've won, But Pika was a close second. ;242;

I wouldn't have really cared who won as long as it wasn't Brock or that Chatot guy.

wobbanut
26th August 2008, 2:28 AM
At least Brock finally gets to win a competition in this episode. It's funny how Croagunk stays in character the whole time (and he even looks just like a politoed). At least he'll get Happiny out of the deal. :) This episode made me think of season five's "An EGG-Sighting Adventure", too, where the Officer Jenny thought Brock stole Ash's egg because he was jealous Ash and Misty had eggs and he didn't. At least now he's finally had one.

I feel really bad for James in this episode, though, that he loses the chance for the prize because of his teammates (Mime Jr. imitating him even at the end of the motto was kind of funny). The chatot was pretty funny in this episode, especially when it started singing the Jigglypuff tune with "lapras" instead. LOL

DanChimchar
13th October 2008, 3:11 PM
I wanted Mewoth for the winner he was so good :D
And Pikachu was my second
Brock was ok but he had to win he need some way of getting a new pokemon
The chatot seems yeah to me

Tadashi
8th November 2008, 9:10 AM
Ahaha, I loved this ep! Pokémon Dress-Up conventions, hehehe. The best part was Ash deciding who to chose, and Pikachu being like, "right here, buddy." Then it proceeded to make those infamous faces it does! OMG I'm glad we got to see that incorporated into something other than mini movie specials ^^

I guess I'm glad that Brock won... dang, Croagunk got on my nerves, though... <<

milenadrg
8th November 2008, 9:15 AM
I can't believe that Chatot was the defending champion! It didn't even change its appearance. It just sang mediocrely for the whole time.

So what. Chatot is Pokemon too. If he has good trainer he can win legendary Pokemon easly.

Mela
21st January 2009, 2:33 AM
This was such a funny episode
"I think we should try something different"
"...LALALALA"
"It's the same song!"

But making Croagunk as Politoed was cool and its just random that whenever something happens, Croagunk just kept randomly clapping its hands.

Although they coulda built Brock up more if I didn't know he was gonna win I woulda been like ... what?

Igottapoo
21st January 2009, 10:13 AM
Pretty good episode. I liked the Pokemon dressing up as other Pokemon. And Brock got an egg. Cool.

Rommath
22nd January 2009, 7:13 AM
Great episode. I liked the cosplay and all the acts in it. Croagunk as Politoad was funny. As well as Pikachu's impressions. I'm glad that Brock got Happiny, love that super strong egg.

(s.i.e)
11th March 2009, 10:48 AM
i liked watching the pokemon dress up competition, croagunk looked so funny being dressed as a politoad if you ask me:P

Ash-kid
22nd April 2009, 9:55 AM
I loved the end when Brock recieved his egg.But how Jessie thought about Palkia as a pokemon that can be in the egg?
She even does not know him.

Blue Snover
22nd April 2009, 10:00 AM
I think Croagunk made a good Politoed.

Some of the others were better, but i think it was obvious that Brock was going to get the egg.

Littlemyuu
27th April 2009, 3:46 PM
Nice episode...the dress up was so cool and Piplup in weedle was so cute =p

cloudk
13th May 2009, 9:05 AM
That Chatot was lousy. Lousy appeal, its just singing...No dress up, no nothing...
Im rather suprised the koffing imitating a togepi,kakuna imitating a crawdaunt and electrode imitating a gastly weren't given a pass.

Also, what was that pokemon that tried to act as Suicune? Whatever it was, it failed miserably. On a side note, the Trapinch that was imitating a Turtwig wasn't bad too.

ShinyCharyZard
13th May 2009, 10:55 AM
The Suicune was a Mightyena...and I agree it was just terrible.

Was that Swalot pretending to be...Muk? oooooh, impressive.

cloudk
14th May 2009, 9:25 AM
The Suicune was a Mightyena...and I agree it was just terrible.

Was that Swalot pretending to be...Muk? oooooh, impressive.

The doduo that was pretending to be a dodrio was the most impressive ;D
The fake head and all =O

S.Suikun
16th June 2009, 5:52 AM
I love this episode. Of all the various competitions the series has come up with, this may be among the most creative, and certainly among the most entertaining. As much as I would love to have seen the humans cosplay, the Pokemon themselves make for even more creative potential. Just the entire showcase of random mish-mashes is more than amusing, with my personal favorite continuing to be "Caterpie-dos". Novelty alone could sell this episode, because the wacky nonsense is just a riot, with some nice Iwane touches to top it all off. Yuuka makes a nice return and it was great to finally establish her as a regularly recurring character. This is also around the time where Pochama begins to turn into merely an entertainment character, but it certainly does not fail to entertain here.

Oh, and Takeshi actually wins something. It only took the guy 500 freaking episodes. This really speaks measures on how fantastic an addition Greggle is to a team that would otherwise go unnoticed just like all of Takeshi's past teams. Its ability to stay in-character at all times is awesome, being completely oblivious to every single situation yet always managing to come out on top. If I have any complaint about this episode, it involves my pity for Kojiro, and even though we get one of the most entertaining mottos ever out of it, the ensuing chase scene makes for a minute of pointless filler material. But such is a minor damper on undoubtedly one of the greatest episodes of Sinnoh, and I always treasure the use of Nyasu's Sunflora outfit.

A

Rainbowdashtheawesome
8th September 2009, 4:56 AM
I do wonder how Chatot was the reigning champ when he didn't even dress up for the dressup contest. I'm sorry, but impressions and reflections are not the same thing. Pikachu was really good at his impersonations; but Piplup was a little overly enthusiastic.

Lorde
21st November 2009, 12:05 AM
Interesting to see all those Pokemon all dressed up to resemble other Pokemon.

It was boring until Brock won the egg which was apparently a Happiny egg.

5/10

Ragingmaiden
21st November 2009, 12:29 AM
OMG piplup dress as a weedle
and dawn get fail

Ash-kid
2nd December 2009, 10:38 AM
Great episode
I loved to see Piplup dress like a Weedle
And Croagunk was funny with his Politoed's costume

KGB13
20th January 2010, 2:03 PM
I liked this episode, I thought it was really nice. Pikachu's impressions were really good and poor Piplup just got too excited. I found it funny that Croagunk won and thought it was a nice spin, but poor Brock needed to win something anyway. Good episode.

Willow's Tara
1st June 2010, 1:58 AM
Not too bad of an episode, I liked seeing the different impressions. Pikachu knows how to do most Pokemon impression doesn't it?.

Chatot could have done more then just a repeat of what it did but only a different tone/Pokemon. I guess it makes sense for Brock to win although I don't think the judges know much about Croagunk since it is mostly like that whether pretending to be a Politoed or not.

wind21
28th June 2010, 1:54 AM
Yikes, my review for this episode doesn't stand a chance against some of the others. Well, I'll do what I can (and take Brock's advice not to hold my breath for someone to declare this post a winner-don't think I'll be as lucky as Croagunk, though).

Okay, since my last review, nothing significant has happened despite some quality episodes inbetween. dp 29 was a pretty standard episode on Dawn's and Ash's problems in teaming up for the first time in a double battle (they team up for another double battle later on during the Jhoto advertisement arc, and I like that episode a lot more). dp 30-32 are a trilogy of episodes about a girl COTD's search for enchanted honey. These episodes also introduce the 2nd gym leader, who challenges Ash to an unofficial battle and defeats him. But it's not anything you take too seriously because the loss doesn't bother Ash too much (unlike with Fantina later on, who leaves Ash constantly wondering about what strategy to use against her).

So we start this episode in dramatic fashion as Ash and the gang are in some sort of contest hall, getting ready to watch a pokemon dress up competition. This is totally out of the blue if you're coming straight from the last episode, and it creates an exciting atmosphere. Well, before you know it, Ash wants to compete, and then Dawn and Brock say okay, too. Dawn explains what the rules are, and that's a neat touch since it gives the competition a distinct Sinnoh feel (she provides this effect in other episodes as well). The rest of the episode is just full of fun. My favorite scene is Pikachu preventing Ash from despairing over which pokemon to choose by scolding its trainer with a "Pi, Pi, Pi" and a shake of its finger. Brock ends up winning the dress-up competition, and he receives a pokemon egg as his prize.

This competition is the first of 3 "side" competitions that Ash, Dawn, and Brock participate in. I want to analyze the other 2, and so I didn't feel it would be fair if I skipped this one. This episode is a fitting way to describe Brock in Sinnoh; it's a funny episode, but in terms of actual character development, there isn't much.

Lance The Champ
2nd December 2010, 2:08 PM
That was a nice episode. Personally I think pikachu should have won this contest

Tyranitar Rules
10th December 2010, 9:44 AM
I watch this ep every week I love it so much! (DVD)

hever
5th March 2011, 11:52 PM
Ugh Pikachu you suck for not winning

G50
27th April 2011, 9:10 AM
This episode was ok... The Pokemon costumes everybody was wearing were hilarious. It was funny when the sound man hit the lady with the Microphone again. I'm glad Brock won, he really deserved the egg this time around. Piplub looked very funny and odd as a Weedle. Trapinch looking like Turtwig by far was the most unique and creative transformation. It was cool to see Pikachu doing Pokemon impressions.

45/100

Blessed
22nd November 2012, 12:27 AM
Not the best of episode, I think it would have been better if Team Rocket hadn't interrupted. Although the idea of having a contest where Pokemon imitate other Pokemon was kinda stupid. Of course Dawn would lose, I can't at how she has bad taste by dressing Piplup as a disgusting Weedle. Hm, I wonder where Brock got the idea to dress his Croagunk like a Politoed? Lol. Im surprised Brock won considering Pikachu did good imitations. But I was happy anyway because I love Brock.

BurningSociety12345543210
22nd November 2012, 12:30 AM
Of course Dawn would lose, I can't at how she has bad taste by dressing Piplup as a disgusting Weedle.

Actually she lost because Piplup used Bubblebeam, and Weedle can't learn that move, not because Weedle is "disgusting".