PDA

View Full Version : ..Wait... You came BACK?

Ishrie
11th May 2007, 7:09 AM
So, I was cleaning my boxes on Emerald one sunny morn to make some room for clones, when I came across a Tentacool I'd used only for Surf. I hastily snatched it up and watched uncaringly as its little sprite shrunk into nothingness.
Or, at least, what I thought was nothingness.
A split second later, the thing ballooned up in reverse, taking its rightful spot back in Box 5.
"TENTACOOL came back! Was it worried about you?"
What. The. Crap?
I tried again. Same thing.
"Well, I've never tried releasing Pokemon I've made an effort into raising the happiness for. Maybe it won't leave because it was in my party for so long that its happiness got maxed?"
Nope. The thing hates me.
I never leveled it up. It's still the same Lv. 35 Surf-Slave that it was when I caught it.
But it won't go away.

I figure that if the durn thing wants to be with me so badly, it deserves a spot in my team. I may not use it... at all... but it's not like I play the game competitively, so I can afford a trophy Tentacool.

Why do you think that it came back? Have any of yours come back?
;072;

Rakurai
11th May 2007, 7:13 AM
You can't release a Pokemon that knows HMs, as far as I know.

Ishrie
11th May 2007, 7:44 AM
Ahaaaa... That would make a lot of sense. Thank you!

The Shadow Knight
11th May 2007, 1:12 PM
You can't release a Pokemon that knows HMs, as far as I know.

correction:you can't release a poké who is the only one who knows a certain hm.

Don_Karasu
11th May 2007, 2:01 PM
Maybe it worries because you could get stranded on an island...?

Why can't those darn PokeProgrammers just say, "Sorry, this is the only Pokemon you have that knows Surf. If you released it you could get stuck in your game. Thank you for using Pokemon Box."

---Don_Karasu

Clash
11th May 2007, 3:56 PM
I've never had that happen to me before. I don't see why it would be a problem just because your Pokemon learned a HM. =\