PDA

View Full Version : Buizel Your Way Outta This! (502)

Serebii
18th May 2007, 10:54 AM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/502.jpgBuizel Your Way Outta This!

On their way to Eterna City, Ash & co. decide to do a spot of fishing. Hooking a Buizel, Ash & Dawn both want the opportunity to capture it. To make things worse, Dawn's rival Nozomi arrives and also wants to capture the strong Buizel. Who will manage to battle it and capture it? Or will Team Rocket appear and capture it themselves?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/shinou/502.shtml)

Discuss

tyranitar.armaldo
18th May 2007, 11:13 AM
There is an error.

Cassiel
18th May 2007, 11:20 AM
I loove the battle scene. I watched it in Youtube (or other site, I think..)

scissorX
18th May 2007, 11:39 AM
What an episode eh? For starters, its been the most controversial Sinnoh episode so far. And secondly, Buizel, what an awesome Pokémon.

I really liked the animation of Aqua Jet, and I think Buizel Vs. Pikachu was one of the best battles we've seen in Sinnoh. In a way I'm glad its gone to Dawn too, as its set up a good rivalry with Piplup, as well as her having her first powerhouse.

Lupin
18th May 2007, 12:13 PM
What an episode eh? For starters, its been the most controversial Sinnoh episode so far. And secondly, Buizel, what an awesome Pokémon.

I really liked the animation of Aqua Jet, and I think Buizel Vs. Pikachu was one of the best battles we've seen in Sinnoh. In a way I'm glad its gone to Dawn too, as its set up a good rivalry with Piplup, as well as her having her first powerhouse.

Maybe, but the two desent water types of Sinnoh have now gone, which means Ash will either get a rubbish one or not get a water type at all this season.

Dawn getting Buizel really did surprise me since she already has Piplup.

Korobooshi Kojiro
18th May 2007, 12:17 PM
I've noticed the ending is slightly altered, with Brock holding the egg and Croagunk wearing his Mexican Outift.

The Bird also is show screaming in terror as it skis down a hill...0.o

Anonymous Trainer
18th May 2007, 1:51 PM
I thought they went a little too far with showing Ash actually attempting to capture it. That was, well, an evil way to mock those that wanted him to get it. Love Buizel's personality, I can't wait to see it in future contests.

Serebii
18th May 2007, 1:56 PM
I thought they went a little too far with showing Ash actually attempting to capture it. That was, well, an evil way to mock those that wanted him to get it. Love Buizel's personality, I can't wait to see it in future contests.
I really doubt it. This episode was written and animated before even the hint of Ash getting Buizel existed

Crimsonmon
18th May 2007, 2:26 PM

At least his fight with it was pretty good, probably the best out of DP so far.

sonny66
18th May 2007, 3:31 PM
Oh man now I'm mad, this was the worst possible thing they could ever do I mean what kind of an idiot gave Buizel to Hikari!!!!. That pokemon doesn't fit her at all. To tell you the truth I'm really getting tired of the way the pokemon series are running. Ash fore example isn't maturing at all and he even looses to starter trainers like Paul witch is sick. Instead of kaching many strong and cool pokemon he leaves them to Hikari and others. Just wait and see when Hikari will be able to defeat Ash in a battle. This is the limit. If this thing goes on there wont be anything left for me like saying sayonara to this crazy anime.

Weav-vile
18th May 2007, 4:56 PM
Pretty sweet episode!

Is it just me or anybody else thinks Buizel matches Hikari completely? Gah, I loled when she was fishing and she said "Daijou..." "BUUUUU!!!!"!!! Buizel appearead and completed her pet phrase... Lovely!

Not forgetting about Kasumi's "cameo"... I think the boys finally told Hikari about her... Now they only need to remark they once traveled with another coordinator --'

And... Nozomi! \o/ I'm glad she stayed for the whole episode... She was awesome, as always ^^

Well, I must say this episode really surprised me and I really liked it... And I still can't believe there are some whining about Buizel staying with Hikari -- that thing can't be anybody else's. =)

- Nozomi.

Adventurous
18th May 2007, 5:21 PM
This was an interesting episode, judging by the pictures. Not sure where the prinplup came from near the end, though. = /

Two things I'd like to point out.
1.) Why must Ash HAVE to have 1 of fire, water, and grass? There are many other ways to have a balanced team without throwing those 3 types in all the time.
2.)
he even looses to starter trainers like Paul witch is sick. When was it said that Paul was a starting trainer?(perhaps I missed it?)

Sushi
18th May 2007, 5:27 PM
Haha, Shinji is Buizel. Now we only need to have an episode where Buizel, Mukubird and Shinji are all in one episode. Would be fun.

And I must say I love DP right now. The amount of continuity shown is very promising - and I really hope they get around mentioning May and Max as well, no matter when that'd be.

The only thing that didn't make Team Rocket's appearance completely useless was Nozomi criticizing their motto. Had to laugh at how blunt she was about it too.

And since I'm talking about Nozomi right now - she was definitely more fun this time around. Of course, that 2-second-sequence with her °_°expression (those things always get me) and the above mentioned scene helped a lot to show that she isn't all that uptight and has a humorous side after all.

And, eh, am fine with Buizel going to Dawn. I admit that at the moment, it's more of a, "Well...it's not like they look bad together", but I'm sure I'll like the combo much more the more I see them in action. And Aqua Jet sure looks like awesome Contest material =D

On a different note, I kinda miss Aipom at the moment. Besides standing around in DP033, I haven't seen it in a while.

Cenzo
18th May 2007, 6:12 PM
I can't wait to see more of Buizel! he has a great attitude. Probably the best Pokemon Dawn's got!

Mythic Mist
18th May 2007, 7:02 PM
Great episode. I loved how the entire episode, it made you think Ash was going to get Buizel, and then BAM! Dawn gets it. Speaking of "Bam" I kinda expected Ash to say that when he just out of nowhere showed off his badges to Nozomi. <_<

And Speaking of Nozomi, I'm glad she finally appeared again, even Dawn mentioned she hasn't seen her since Jubilife. I thought her mentioning that was a nice touch.

And the Misty Lure made a cameo! YAY! Misty was remembered! And before a certain other person too! lol, I loved the scene where Dawn wanted to use Ash's Lure/Rod though. It was cute.

Weav-vile
18th May 2007, 7:17 PM
Not sure where the prinplup came from near the end, though. = /

It appeared in Dawn's flashback. Nozomi said something to Hikari about contests battles (I guess) and she remembered her battle against Kengo's Pottaishi...

On a different note, I kinda miss Aipom at the moment. Besides standing around in DP033, I haven't seen it in a while.

Yah, I miss that purple thing too... :(
It's funny how it got very showcased by some episodes ago and how it hasn't appeared much lately...
I miss Mimi and Pachi too... Pochama is being WAY too used =/

- Nozomi

TeddiUrsa
18th May 2007, 7:46 PM
I've noticed the ending is slightly altered, with Brock holding the egg and Croagunk wearing his Mexican Outift.

The Bird also is show screaming in terror as it skis down a hill...0.o

And Aipom is still missing in the one ending sequence with all pokemon out...
Gotta love Mexicroank though ^^

- Brock´s happiness about his egg was rather cute.
- Why doesn´t Dawn know about Misty? I guess the group doesn´t talk very much when they travel around...
- Ash and the Misty lure...new shipping? It was nice to see that he was releaved that the lure was still on his fishing rod.
- Buizel is awesome.
- Piplup is awesome. Can´t wait to train my own one ^^
- Buizel VS Piplup = biggest DP gravity defying match yet?

I really liked this episode. But I wish that they would stop uisng symphonic medley altogether...

Crimsonmon
18th May 2007, 7:47 PM
It appeared in Dawn's flashback. Nozomi said something to Hikari about contests battles (I guess) and she remembered her battle against Kengo's Pottaishi...

To be more accurate, while Hikari was getting her *** kicked, Nozomi told her to remember what happened in her last contest battle. She then took Kengo's strategy and used it against Buizel.

uber gon
18th May 2007, 9:01 PM
Oh, how the pokéshippers shall flip.

Anyway, at least we see Nozomi isn't another Drew clone.

Shadow Claw officially ROCKS.

S.Suikun
18th May 2007, 9:03 PM
As a general rule of thumb, while new captures are an exciting prospect, the episodes revolving around those captures tend to be pretty boring (see Turtwig and Buneary episodes). This one, however, was definitely above your standard capture episode. It wasn't just one battle sequence at the end, but rather numerous ones back-to-back. Piplup was adorable in this, and Nozomi's appearance helped to spice things up further (her fishing rod is the source of all her lesbian powers, and Buizel was clearly planning to use it for his own "purposes"). Animation was...okay.

^ASH^
19th May 2007, 1:02 AM
If I understood correct than Nozomi said she came to catch a water Pokémon and at the end of the episode said she stays there to catch one
She also said the next contest is at Hearthome and both her and Dawn will participate in it
So maybe in that contest we'll see what water Pokémon Nozomi caught? if thats must be a DP one so I think the only possible ones are Shellos or Bidoof's evolution

And after watching that episode it's even more obvious that Ash and Dawn will trade Aipom and Buizel
They used contest battle style to confuse Buizel and Buizel's battle style is really like regular/gym battles while Aipom likes contests and Nozomi already suggested in DP12 that Ash should give it to Dawn (and also they probably want to show more trades in DP to advertise Wi-Fi) and before people will start with the whole "Ash and Dawn like their Pokémon and won't trade" this is a special case since that trade will make these Pokémon to be able to do what they really want instead of forcing them to throw away their dreams

^ASH^
19th May 2007, 1:13 AM
If I understood correct than Nozomi said she came to catch a water Pokémon and at the end of the episode said she stays there to catch one
She also said the next contest is at Hearthome and both her and Dawn will participate in it
So maybe in that contest we'll see what water Pokémon Nozomi caught? if thats must be a DP one so I think the only possible ones are Shellos or Bidoof's evolution

And after watching that episode it's even more obvious that Ash and Dawn will trade Aipom and Buizel
They used contest battle style to confuse Buizel and Buizel's battle style is really like regular/gym battles while Aipom likes contests and Nozomi already suggested in DP12 that Ash should give it to Dawn (and also they probably want to show more trades in DP to advertise Wi-Fi) and before people will start with the whole "Ash and Dawn like their Pokémon and won't trade" this is a special case since that trade will make these Pokémon to be able to do what they really want instead of forcing them to throw away their dreams

Black/Light
19th May 2007, 2:57 AM
Can someone show me where I can see this?

Dax
19th May 2007, 2:58 AM
You don't even know what Buizel wants or what Buizel's dreams are. Did he tell Dawn that he wanted to be in gyms? No. Why are you suddenly talking about Buizel's dreams if you clearly don't know them? There was nothing in this episode stating that they will trade. That's just speculations of you not a fact.

Winged_Psychic
19th May 2007, 6:17 AM
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e387/Reasons7/ok-2.pngFTW!!
I think this episode was very good, Nozomi was great too. I dont know whats wrong with Dawn having two water Pokemon is wrong since shes a coordinator she won't be battling much anyway.

Black/Light
19th May 2007, 6:38 AM
(My post from another site that relates to this. . . )

Wow. . . .I don't see how you all think THIS Buizel is perfect for Ash.

The only thing I think that this Buizel has in common with Grovyle is that they are both strong and train themselves. . . .Thats it. Grovyle was a calm, cool pokemon that kicked ***, this Buizel seems to be a rude ***-hole that kicks ***. (I call taking other's fishing rods, trying to fight anything around and attacking fainted/ laid out pokemon or pokemon that haven't even left their trainers sholder rude, ***-hole like beheavor. He even pushed Pip down in the preview for the next one. . . a team mate damn it! )

I really see Dawn having problems with him latter on until he gets with the program and shows some control.

. . . And why the would they trade Buizel and Aipom after this? This is GREAT character development! And at the end of the day Buizel got his *** kicked (and saved) by Dawn and her contast tactics which showed him that she aint a push-over AND that she cared about him. He seems to respect her more than the others now (Im guessing this because he actually wanted to battle her and Pip after they saved him). Seeing Dawn turn his style into something less brutish and more contast-ish is going to be interesting along with the semi power stuggle between them.

And this "wifi in the games mean that they might trade" BS needs to stop. Trading has been important in the games sence the first one yet the anime has always done it's own thing. Why would that change now? Why would Buizel want to go to a trainer who had his chance (with his strongest pokemon) to catch him but couldn't well another trainer shut him down by using her head with tactics that landed him on his ***? Because gym pokemon are stronger and contast pokemon are weaker (even if there are bad asses like Flygon and Absol out there doing contast)? Because they fight in a way that he is use to (well he got pimp slapped by a contast pokemon who used tactics that lead to him getting KOed. . . meaning that said pokemon with said tactics was STRONGER than him and his tactics)?

I will say this agian. . . I don't see it happening.

(Also, wouldn't wi-fi trading in the anime be best seen with Ash trading with, sayyyyyy, someone like May or Misy who is in a different regoin than he is? Really. . . )

Ashy Boy
19th May 2007, 9:25 AM
This episode wasn't at all bad, although how did Team Rocket react when they saw Nozomi?

Pika Hikari KT
19th May 2007, 10:29 AM
-The Advance Adventure BGM returns after a long hiatus during Pikachu vs. Buizel. The whole cue, and it was awesome. And the ending battle of the episode was one of the few times where the theme song medley was appropriate for the miraculous comeback Piplup made.

-I can totally see Buizel keeping his voice in the dub. It's cool and I love it.:D

-Brock sounded like he was having an orgy huggling that egg.:redface:

-Heh, Misty lure. She send it by Pidgeot-Air or something?:p

dd1zzle
19th May 2007, 1:41 PM
ASH should of caught the Buizel! now Dawn has 2 water types

Gravy
19th May 2007, 1:56 PM
now Dawn has 2 water types
Your powers of observation have moved me to tears.

Korobooshi Kojiro
19th May 2007, 1:59 PM
This ultimately will result in the break down of everything we know and would mean the counteraction of the negative ions in Ash's body would conflict with each other causing him to decay into a pile of goo in a matter of 7 days thus making Dawn the new hero to begin her reign as Weak Chick Sidecharacter of the Fairy Tale Anime with it's new, horrible green mountains and pink floor tiles AND those moving backgrounds of doom which would basically make the show horrific and unwatchable.

Or, like Ash will just find another Pokemon and life will move on. You know, since he doesn't really need a Buizel.

Crimsonmon
19th May 2007, 2:20 PM
-The Advance Adventure BGM returns after a long hiatus during Pikachu vs. Buizel. The whole cue, and it was awesome. And the ending battle of the episode was one of the few times where the theme song medley was appropriate for the miraculous comeback Piplup made

Either you ment Battle Frontier, or I should pay more attention.

cassius335
19th May 2007, 2:21 PM
Well, Whirlpool seems to be stuck in place as Pochama's finisher now.

I can see why people want Buizel on Ash's team. That otter kicks arse. Buizel vs Natane's Turtwig would have Owned really hard. And just Aqua Jet remind anyone else of a certain Sea Crown?

So Nozomi's getting herself a water-type. That's gonna be different, since I can't think of one off-hand that goes well with Glameow and Misdrevous...

Juputoru
19th May 2007, 2:25 PM
-Buizel is hardcore, yo. This is going to be a very fun Pokemon to see in future eps.
-Of course, Pochama's pride makes it go through the obligatory sudden improvement in the rock climbing-waterfall jumping thing. Which in turn leads Buizel to challenge it again, as far as I could tell.
-Oh dear, a Misty reference before a May one's even made...well, I suppose whining from a certain someone won't seem that bad with all the "DUDE THE HELL WHY DIDN'T ASH GET BUIZEL" complaining that'll go on for who knows who long.
-The whole "training" sequence was amusing, especially with all the "O_O" and "-_-" faces we got out of Brock, Hikari, and Nozomi.
-Note how Ash did try to catch Buizel, but he gave up after the first try whereas Hikari tried multiple times. Furthermore, he was happy for Hikari when she caught it(okay, that's just how he is, but it's no more ridiculous than some of the reasoning used in attempts to prove that Ash "should" get Buizel).
-In the end, the real lesson to be learned is...if you want to catch something, ask the Pokeball "please" twice. Just once doesn't cut it.

Maestro Kinético
19th May 2007, 4:09 PM
I didn't like this epp at all, apart from the fact that I don't want Buizel to belong to down it was very boring, just battles against Buizel over and over again. Nozomi's appearance was not well used, she didn't do anything. The battles where very cheap an unfair.

The only thing I liked was Misty's bait.

TeddiUrsa
19th May 2007, 7:52 PM
The battles where very cheap an unfair.

The animation could have been better, but why were they "cheap an unfair"?

Weav-vile
19th May 2007, 9:12 PM
-Heh, Misty lure. She send it by Pidgeot-Air or something?:p

Misty sent it to Ash in "The Unbeatable Lightness Of Seeing", back in AG... :)

Ash6K
19th May 2007, 11:21 PM
Awesome episode!! Buizel is too awesome! Although I think it's awesome with Dawn, I could see why people wanted for Ash. But still, Dawn and Buizel is going to be an awesome team. The battles in this episode were so cool imo. And to add with that, Nozomi/Dawn/Brock expression = hilarious! Also, it was great that Misty got mentioned. I mean after narrating the trivia pokemon anniversary stuff, it does seem that she would be mentioned sooner or later right? Hopefully we get to hear about May and/or Max next.

BUT to be back on topic, this episode was awesome! The battles, Buizel, the characters...I think it was great.

Note: Can't wait to see what Nozomi and Ash get now that Brock and Dawn just got new pokemon so yeah, this episode brought a lot to mind.

uber gon
19th May 2007, 11:34 PM
Misty sent it to Ash in "The Unbeatable Lightness Of Seeing", back in AG... :)

Didn't the lure have a peace sign hand gesture though?

Dax
20th May 2007, 1:42 AM
To be honest, it was not my favorite episode. I liked Buizel and his attitude was very different and interesting. It's definitely a new kind of challenge for Dawn. He looks like a powerhouse and Dawn needed one. I have to say that well done to the writers.

I just thought that there were too much battles instead of an actual plot. I loved that Nozomi was present and especially that she used her Glameow for the battle. I really love that pokemon. It's one of those pokemons that you can see that fight with passion. Shadow Claw is one hell of an attack and the way that it deflected the attack (?) from Buizel with the Fury Swipes was really amazing. It's definitely one of the best that I have seen so far.

The battles were nice, especially the Pikachu vs. Buizel. To be honest I'm really tired of Pikachu being defeated. I mean, by a Buizel? The Volt Tackle didn't defeat Buizel? You disappoint me Pikachu.

Buizel's Aqua Jet looks so awesome that think Dawn will a have an amazing performance using it. No matter if she uses Buizel in the appealing round or in the battle round, she's definitely with an amazing pokemon for contests.

Brock scared me. I mean, did he have to moan so much to express that he was happy with the egg?

And, I'm really getting tired of Pochama. I love his attitude but now it's just too much. Show Pachirisu and Buneary. It's like she only remembers that she has Piplup.

I miss Aipom.:(

Anonymous Trainer
20th May 2007, 6:38 AM
To be honest, it was not my favorite episode. I liked Buizel and his attitude was very different and interesting. It's definitely a new kind of challenge for Dawn. He looks like a powerhouse and Dawn needed one. I have to say that well done to the writers.

I just thought that there were too much battles instead of an actual plot. I loved that Nozomi was present and especially that she used her Glameow for the battle. I really love that pokemon. It's one of those pokemons that you can see that fight with passion. Shadow Claw is one hell of an attack and the way that it deflected the attack (?) from Buizel with the Fury Swipes was really amazing. It's definitely one of the best that I have seen so far.

The battles were nice, especially the Pikachu vs. Buizel. To be honest I'm really tired of Pikachu being defeated. I mean, by a Buizel? The Volt Tackle didn't defeat Buizel? You disappoint me Pikachu.

Buizel's Aqua Jet looks so awesome that think Dawn will a have an amazing performance using it. No matter if she uses Buizel in the appealing round or in the battle round, she's definitely with an amazing pokemon for contests.

Brock scared me. I mean, did he have to moan so much to express that he was happy with the egg?

And, I'm really getting tired of Pochama. I love his attitude but now it's just too much. Show Pachirisu and Buneary. It's like she only remembers that she has Piplup.

I miss Aipom.:(

It's kind of hilarious if you think about how many times Pikachu's static ability could have kicked in during that battle as much as Buizel came into physical contact with it. Buneary? I just want it to have more screentime. :(

uber gon
20th May 2007, 9:00 AM
It's kind of hilarious if you think about how many times Pikachu's static ability could have kicked in during that battle as much as Buizel came into physical contact with it. Buneary? I just want it to have more screentime. :(

Well, Pikachu's static has only a 30% chance of working in the games.

Maybe Buizel just got lucky.

zainhigh
20th May 2007, 10:10 AM
u see guys ash will capture buizel and did u guys have any gueses which will be ash 6th and final pokemon i think it will be a fire type

-Starly-
20th May 2007, 11:46 AM
u see guys ash will capture buizel and did u guys have any gueses which will be ash 6th and final pokemon i think it will be a fire type
lol

Anyone else want to take this?

Gravy
20th May 2007, 1:14 PM
lol

Anyone else want to take this?
I would, but I think I lost my will to live about 2 words into the sentance.

...But that ain't going to stop me giving my thoughts on what was truly one buoy of an episode!!!

I like Pokémon battles, I like gung-ho fighting spirits and I like Buoysel and Pochama rage. Therefore, logic dictates that I, the scourge of the animé section (a self-appointed title I might add!), would enjoy an episode of this calibre.
Logic was once again correct, as I did indeed enjoy this episode...y'know, despite a couple of painful flaws. Though those flaws in particular are mainly feeding off my own twisted personal bias, so they're nothing to worry about. Though I will say this - Nozomi needs to do something more interesting than crit Team Rocket's motto, ASAP.

I really like how they handled Aqua Jet. Attacks like that have a rather unhealthy habit of falling into the same 'charge and hit' niche as many other techniques that follow the same basic structure, but they spiced it up by actually enabling Buoysel to weave through the air within it's watery tube. He's got a lot more control over the attack than say, Pikachu when he uses Volt Tackle, or Muku.BIRD when he uses Aerial Ace. So thumbs up there.
And of course there's Buoysel himself, who was, as many have already stated, a very awesome character. He's a lot like Treecko+evos in many ways, although the differences in attitude are clear and help separate the two personalities from one another. Being somewhat arrogant, letting those random strangers train alongside it, hitting a feline when it's down. Those were aspects that I thought were the most engaging.

Maestro Kinético
20th May 2007, 5:38 PM
The animation could have been better, but why were they "cheap an unfair"?

Pikachu looses against Buizel lol, static electricity and Buizel is short of a flying Pokemon too. It was just very unfair. If I was Ash I wouldn't have let Hikari catch it. 'You already have a watyer type and two Pokemon that you don't remember about!'

TeddiUrsa
20th May 2007, 5:50 PM
Pikachu looses against Buizel lol, static electricity and Buizel is short of a flying Pokemon too. It was just very unfair. If I was Ash I wouldn't have let Hikari catch it. 'You already have a watyer type and two Pokemon that you don't remember about!'

I think Ash underestimated Buizel a little bit. It was his own fault because he almost did nothing to command pikachu after buizel escaped his pokeball.
If pikachu would have used thunder underwater while buizel was kicking it it would have been a different situation I guess.

I guess you´re net the best travelling partner to choose from xD
I guess Misty or Brock shouldn´t have allowed Ash to catch Chicorita because of Bulbasaur, right?
Or what about Brock and Mudkip when he already owned a lotoad?

Gravy
20th May 2007, 5:54 PM
Besides, it was Buoysel that challenged Hikari a second time anyway. Why would Ash have any say in the matter?

Korobooshi Kojiro
20th May 2007, 7:40 PM
Ash: "Don't catch that Pokemon Dawn...you already have a water type! Let me catch it!"

Dawn: "Okay, dai-jou-bu(izel)!"

So, basically Ash has the authority to not let Dawn catch a strong Pokemon?

Dax
20th May 2007, 8:52 PM
I think that one was one of the clearest things in the episode. Hikari saved Buizel so he gave her the opportunity to catch it. Ash had nothing to do because Buizel never asked Ash to battle, he asked Hikari.

uber gon
21st May 2007, 2:36 AM
I think that one was one of the clearest things in the episode. Hikari saved Buizel so he gave her the opportunity to catch it. Ash had nothing to do because Buizel never asked Ash to battle, he asked Hikari.

Which makes a lot of sense.

Somorio
21st May 2007, 4:27 AM
This episode has to be my favorite capture episode with the torkal one in close persuit.

seriously though buizel rocks my world, I coudn't care less who gets him just as long as someone gets him he's just that awesome.

music was very good too, it got really dramatic whenever buizel was almost captured, and they used my favorite theme at the begining of pochama's rematch with buizel, I don't remember what it was though.

Also loved the constant action battles back to back to back, gotta love it.

let's see what else... oh aqua jet=very cool signature move

also like the shot of buizel eating a berry with the what the hell do you want face.

hmm Nozomis glameow, reminds me of some sterotypical sexy cat lady on tv,hmm, catwoman? oh well.

oh and speaking of glameow getting hit by buizel while it was down like that was just awesome, gotta love the bullies.

the only thing I didn't like was brock mollesting that egg of his, I thought he was a responsible breeder. jk.

oh and piplups sudden power to disregard the forces of gravity, I thought penguins COUDN'T fly.

ah well, still an EXTREMLY good episode one of my favorites so far in d/p

there needs to be a buizel fan club NOW!!!

pokeplayer984
21st May 2007, 3:20 PM
*puts up a wall to stop the arguing of "Ash should have Buizel not Dawn" from advancing.*

Sorry, but I needed to do that to get your attention.

Now, it has come to the Pokeshipper's Thread's attention that the Misty lure made an appearance. With there being a fight over it between Ash and Dawn, it has become a symbolized hint within the earlier mentioned thread.

Now, I'm for hints and all of one of my favorite shippings within the Anime, but I would like some real deal proof. You see, one Anti-Pokeshipper came in all calm, not bashing one bit, said that it's not a hint, gave some bits of proof to his point of view and gets blamed for bashing when he didn't just because he said it wasn't a hint.

With this happening, it needs to stop with the only logical way of it being done, getting the hard facts.

So here's what I (and others within the Pokeshipping thread) want to know is, from the point of where Ash took out the Misty lure to the point where a fight over it broke out, what exactly was said?

We want the EXACT translation, for it is the only thing that will end this debate for good. We want nothing less than that.

Thank you for your time and attention, and I hope you people who know how to translate properly will help us out here. :)

Korobooshi Kojiro
21st May 2007, 9:56 PM
Bui!

Buizel's voice was sweet, and it perfectly fit with "Dai-jo-bu". Gasp!

Buizel also had a neat battle style, and I saw nothing that made that less suited for Contest then people have insiniuated...

So, in short, Buizel kicks ***. And this is from someone who really didn't care about the species.

R_N
21st May 2007, 10:05 PM
Says the person that has had a Buzel avatar sicne before the episode aired.

I honestly can't wait to see this episode in motion(and, you know, hear it all), as I really want to see the fights in aciton. Shadow CLaw looks awsoem, BTW.

And are those fishing rods that buizel takes trophys of his triumphs?

Korobooshi Kojiro
21st May 2007, 10:07 PM
Says the person that has had a Buzel avatar sicne before the episode aired.

I just did that to show the "OMIGOD! BUIZEL CAN'T BE IN A CONTEST!" a...well, BUIZEL IN A CONTEST!

I need to change it though...to something more my taste.

Geodude
21st May 2007, 11:03 PM
And are those fishing rods that buizel takes trophys of his triumphs?

Yeah Buizel stole the rods the gang was using at one point.

Korobooshi Kojiro
22nd May 2007, 4:06 AM
I wonder if it's his way of showing superiority, like Benkei who collected 99 Swords before being defeated by a penguin?

P13
22nd May 2007, 5:46 AM
Good episode. Buizel will hopefully become Dawn's main contest battle Pokemon and fight some strong opponents.

So Nozomi will catch a water Pokemon? Probably a Finneon. That would fit with her other femme fatale Pokemon. Milotic would be good too, but I don't think I could ever see her owning a Feebas.

Dark Cacturne
23rd May 2007, 1:14 PM
That Buizel was awesome. I loved the battle! Buizel bet Ash, Dawn and Nozomi in a row, how cool is that. We know it for sure; that Buizel is very strong, he even bet Pikachu! I only hope in a next battle with Buizel, he doesn't get beaten so easily!

Buizel is the best! And definitely my new favorite pokémon of Diamond & Pearl.

scizor08
25th May 2007, 12:23 PM
this is the first time I've seen a pokemon who beat Nozomi's Glameow..

Neo Mario
4th June 2007, 6:11 PM
Well this is going to make lots of people go "now Dawn can beat Nozomi in all contests"
But on a side note it's nice to see Dawn have a pokemon that actully have more then one decent attack

ShadowDragon16
4th June 2007, 6:22 PM
You should have seen the Youtube videos on this episode, there were not alot of happy fans, they said this epsiode sucked and Ash deserved Buizel.

Korobooshi Kojiro
4th June 2007, 7:07 PM
Wow...Youtube comments...like, the commentary of peasants.

Cobalt_Latios
4th June 2007, 7:20 PM
You should have seen the Youtube videos on this episode, there were not alot of happy fans, they said this epsiode sucked and Ash deserved Buizel.
Odd, I was going to try and upload this eppy, but for some odd reason, youtube wouldn't let me. Not like it matters. Wouldn't of had many views anyways.

Although, what was the whole thing with Ash, Pikachu and Piplup climbing the side of the waterfall? Confuses me a bit. Also, this is probably the first Japanese episode I have watched in which I was able to understand it simply by seeing what happens. Although, it's pretty easy to figure out any episode anyways due to repititiveness.
It's pretty amazing that a once thought-to-be-cute pokemon portrayed in the game removes that reputation completely after this ep.
It's even funnier about this: Pikachu uses his godly Volt-Tackle, nearly weakens it to the point of proper capturability, almost catches it. Next Piplup uses it's semi-godly "Brine"(I think) to try and catch it. Then again, it does work nicely thanks to Volt-Tackle.

Great episode and funny moments with an odd twist on a great pokemon. Not bad.

~C_L~

Surreal
12th June 2007, 4:04 AM
Everyone on youtube are wee little newbies. I really enjoyed this episode. The animation team was good, I enjoyed the fact that Ash acctuly failed at catching a pokemon for once, and I really like that Nozomi(sp?) was in it again.

Lord of Music
27th June 2007, 12:34 PM
Dawn is getting Pokemon way too fast. Go Misty lure!

Somorio
4th July 2007, 3:23 AM

I know I saw that too, Imo I think evryone overeacted about the whole buizel thing it dosen't really matter who gets it really, itll either dissapear with dawn forever in another region like may did, or it would get oaked and hardly ever be seen again, except maybe in a fronteir ark or something, or croagunk and buizel will kill eachother. that's always possible (jk);munchlax;

edit ( buizel is still my number 1 favorite water type)

npdargy312
18th July 2007, 10:02 AM
I thin Ash should have caught it, but i guess i should just get over it:-P

flaremaster
21st July 2007, 9:22 PM
Well this is going to make lots of people go "now Dawn can beat Nozomi in all contests"
But on a side note it's nice to see Dawn have a pokemon that actully have more then one decent attack
Yeah dawn probably can now.

Yeah, i know. I live with an unhappy fan.

Dawn is getting Pokemon way too fast. Go Misty lure!
Yeah, go misty lure. (Where did dawn get that again?)

croagunk and buizel will kill eachother. that's always possible (jk);munchlax;

I know. That rivaly going on may spin out of control.

I really don't care who buizel ends up with. just as long as it's with somebody, and not causing a problem at the area they found it like it has been doing.

Treecko Girl
7th October 2007, 7:49 PM
Oh Buizel...
You may be a strong, cute Pokémon... But you're not very smart...
WHY did you go with Dawn? WHY didn't you go with Ash? WHY am I asking these questions to no one?
She's going to destroy you, Buizel... You'll never get the chance to win again...

Pachirisu_Penguin
20th October 2007, 3:27 AM
WHY didn't you go with Ash? WHY am I asking these questions to no one?

New episode title: Aipom and Buizel! Respective roads!
I sense something up with this... is ash gonna trade aipom for buizel?

Somorio
21st October 2007, 10:43 PM
buizel better sound just as awesome in the dub version.

if his voice is just a little off I swear heads will roll (jk) lol

Shiny Linoone
22nd October 2007, 7:08 PM
How does Ash manage to get his hand on one of Misty's lures? that's pretty random.

Blastoise-
27th October 2007, 12:15 PM
Well, will be fun to see if they've changed Buizels voice in the dub, airing in ~4 hours :)

WaterDragon trainer
27th October 2007, 4:04 PM
This episode was good. It was good to see Zoey and the Misty lure again. It was also cool to see a Buizel. Seeing Aqua Jet was cool to see as well. It was good to see a Sonicboom, though it actually seems cooler in the anime than in the game. The Boss Fantasy was pretty funny with the Boss getting shipwrecked and all. It was also pretty funny when Ash and Pikachu attacked the waterfall. Great to see Dawn catch a Buizel.

Blaziryu
27th October 2007, 4:09 PM
Yeah, this episode was good. I just finish watching it on CN. I didn't realize that Buizel was that strong & cool. I'm mad that Dawn catch it instead of Ash. Ash should definitely trade his Aipom for it since Buizel is a fighter not a contestant of PKMN beauty pageants.

Corzola
27th October 2007, 9:38 PM
How does Ash manage to get his hand on one of Misty's lures? that's pretty random.

What do you mean, he got it from Misty last season, before his first match against Brandon.

Anyway, I loved the episode. Zoey was great, I always liked Casey and Sakura but Zoey is one of a kind character. The matches, the training to get stronger (Ash and Pikachu was hilarious, and Zoeys comments outstandning). Clearly one of the best eps so far, which says a lot when we talk D/P which is a great season overall. 8,5/10, and Zoey 9/10.

Dawn_Piplup
27th October 2007, 10:19 PM
Uggg, why did Dawn have to catch a Buizel.her Piplup, Buneary and Pachirisu go under "cute" while Buizel goes under "cool" I WANT ASH TO CATCH BUIZEL! But thats what over thousands of people wanted too, *sigh*

CabbyFish
27th October 2007, 11:25 PM
This episode was good on both sides of the spectrum.

Buizel kept its original voice which was pretty much expected, but Glameow didn't sound the same for some reason (but again original voice).

I can't wait to see all the Buizel action, and I can't wait to find out what Buizel's fourth move is going to be. It has plenty of potential to learn another technique.

buneary dude
27th October 2007, 11:32 PM
I liked this episode too. When I saw the beggining when they show Ash throw a Poeball i said in a typical tone, "Gee I wonder who catches it" And I was wrong! Dawn captured Buizel! Unexpecting, but a good way to stir things up. I hope that there are more episodes like this.

Darkness Angel
28th October 2007, 1:03 AM
In a way Buizel kinda reminds me of Treeko.

Corzola
28th October 2007, 1:37 AM
Well Buizel may remind us of Treeko but in the same time he seems to be a caharcter completly on his own. A perfect addition to Dawns already perfect team.

zeno48
28th October 2007, 5:19 AM
Do you guys think that misty's lure implies that she might make a return later on in the series?
Anyways a great episode but awkward since Ash could not capture buizel and Dawn was able too.

Corzola
28th October 2007, 3:07 PM
Well her Japanese VA implied that Misty will return so she will probably return but when, thats the question. The lure scene in itself is however no foreshadowing of her return, unless they make her return very soon and Dawn goes:

"Misty...yeah the lure- girl!" I really think that when Misty returns she [Dawn] know a bit more about her than just that she gave Ash a lure.

CyberCubed
28th October 2007, 6:06 PM
Well her Japanese VA implied that Misty will return so she will probably return but when, thats the question.

That is false, her Japanese VA said to "look forward to another appearance" after she hosted the first 10th anniversary special in Japan, and about a week later she returned to host the second 10th anniversary special in Japan. After that one, she never said anything about making another appearance.

Its really sad how out of control this rumour became. Her VA was talking about TRIVIA shows, Misty's actual CHARACTER has never been confirmed to be showing up in D/P.

Rapiido
28th October 2007, 6:30 PM
....Bwee-zuhl? I always expected it to be Boo-ee-zuhl. Whatever.

Episode was awesome, definitely one of the new voice actor's better episodes.

Rebeccag
28th October 2007, 11:20 PM
i really enjoyed this episode thought it was good the three characters trying to capture buizel. i liked buizel too it had a confidence about itself that i liked. Also nice to see misty make an apparence even if it was just the lure. Good episode ^_^

P13
28th October 2007, 11:31 PM
Its too bad they weren't able to replace the "Daijo--!"-"Bui!" line from the original. Although "No need to wor--!"-"Bui!" would not have sounded as good.

uber gon
30th October 2007, 7:36 PM
Zoey schooled TR.:D

Poke'T<3
3rd November 2007, 11:05 PM
This episode sucked.... There is no way that that could happen... stupid writers. If pikachu just did a thunderbolt underwater he would have been out. That volt tackle should of had no problem defeating it in the first place. ughh. anyways the animation is awesome in this episode. Buizel looks so cool when it jumps out of the water holding on to dawns line. Dawn couldnt catch it she has no experince pikachu has years and a huge advantage. The writers were just on crack writing it. They should have just had dawn fight it and beat it in the first place so Ash fans (Me being the NUMBER ONE) wouldnt be in awe and so irritated.

Dax
3rd November 2007, 11:22 PM
You obviously need to take a look at the Anime Spoiler Forum so you can know what is probably going to happen with Buizel.

Go and see how it seems that Ash is trading his Aipom for Buizel. I'm not saying it's a fact but it seems like that and if it is like that then it will introduce new ways to get a pokemon. That is called creativity and breaking thew mold which I'm sure can't be classified as something negative for the writers.

uber gon
6th November 2007, 12:38 AM
I just liked TR getting schooled by Zoey.:)

Corzola
6th November 2007, 5:58 AM
Actually Ash and Pikachus attemt was a little bit un-fitting when you say it. Pikachu should have won the battle, but they had to create a counterpart to Piplups attemts to fight the Buizel (well maybe a longer Glameow vs. Buizel match) but in the end Ash and Pikachus attempt was the most logical. And remember, Piplup had no chance while battling "gym-like" but overcome the problems by fighting as in a Contest.

So in the end the way Dawn catched the Buizel was the best, even if one could pin-point some logical flaws.

And yes, still can´t forget Zoeys apperences, I am so happy about her character. The very way she said her comments about TR was as great as what she said. :D

-Sonansu!-
6th November 2007, 1:49 PM
Do you guys think that misty's lure implies that she might make a return later on in the series?
Anyways a great episode but awkward since Ash could not capture buizel and Dawn was able too.

What's weird is, they only showed that lure in one other episode I can think of, and that was "The Legend of Miniryuu" which got banned here. O_o

That would be kinda cool if she showed up again (heck, maybe him showing off that lure is foreshadowing in a way) but I doubt she'll come back anytime soon.

This episode was cool. Even though I'm not a fan of Buizel, Zoey had some very funny lines, like what she said after Ash and Pikachu tried to jump into the waterfall.

Actually, Zoey was firing on all cylinders for this episode. It took them one episode to make a ho-hum character into quite an interesting one. How do they do it?

Leona
6th November 2007, 4:40 PM
Oh my goodness, I loved this episode so much. And to think, Dawn got a really tough looking Pokemon :p
Heh well it still bothers me about the 2 water pokemon thing but i'll eventually get over it D:. However it feels like Dawn still doesnt know how to handle that kind of Buizel :| i mean look at it, a tough looking pokemon like that with a 10 year old girl for a trainer D:
lol It just doesnt seem right to me, If you ask me, Ash should of gotten it because that pokemon goes well with him, and well for Dawn, I dont think so.

SpongeBoblover
7th November 2007, 4:17 AM
Buizel is cool though I think Ash should have catched it

uber gon
7th November 2007, 8:31 PM
What's weird is, they only showed that lure in one other episode I can think of, and that was "The Legend of Miniryuu" which got banned here. O_o

That would be kinda cool if she showed up again (heck, maybe him showing off that lure is foreshadowing in a way) but I doubt she'll come back anytime soon.

This episode was cool. Even though I'm not a fan of Buizel, Zoey had some very funny lines, like what she said after Ash and Pikachu tried to jump into the waterfall.

Actually, Zoey was firing on all cylinders for this episode. It took them one episode to make a ho-hum character into quite an interesting one. How do they do it?

Equivalent exchange. Neat characters for repetitive episodes.:(

wobbanut
26th August 2008, 3:33 AM
I'm not surprised that Buizel eventually ends up with Ash down the road, considering how tough a battler it is, but at least they surprise us in this episode with Dawn capturing Buizel. Buizel's been one of the more interesting Sinnoh pokemon. It's funny that Ash, Dawn, and Zoey all take their shot at capturing Buizel. I like Ash, Pikachu, and Piplup doing the waterfall training too. The surprise return of the mini-Misty lure was cute too.

gtab x3
3rd November 2008, 10:09 PM
After watching this episode again i see many parts that i disliiked or thoyght was stupid, for one why would ash want to catch a STRONG buizel when he tells paul that any pokemon can be good if you train it, like he just showed that he does not follow what he says

And why would ash and everyone else stop team rocket when they team rocket was just taking a wild pokemon, i mean wild pokemon are for everyone to take.

HoennMaster
4th November 2008, 5:43 AM
They try to stop Team Rocket no matter what, always have. Who cares if he said that, seeing a strong Buizel of course lights the fire in his soul. He would love to have any pokemon with him.

TurtwigFan1
10th December 2008, 8:23 PM
I loved this epsiode, Buizel is now one of my most favourite of Ash's Pok&#233;mon. Seeing Zoey again was a bonus!

Igottapoo
6th January 2009, 10:36 AM
Eh the start of the most over used Pokemon of the generation. Oh well. >_>

Mela
21st January 2009, 3:30 AM
This was a very good episode, Buizel is fast and strong XD Although did it have to take their rods? LOL

Rommath
18th February 2009, 1:57 PM
Fairly nice episode, Buizel's was as strong as it ever is. The re-appearance of Misty's lure was certainly welcome. Like the way the writers did Aqua Jet.

Blue Snover
9th March 2009, 6:04 PM
Dawn and Buizel were a mismatch from the beginning, Ash should have caught it.

(s.i.e)
10th March 2009, 2:17 PM
buizelf is one of my favorite pokemon from the D/P series, liked this episode.

Littlemyuu
27th April 2009, 5:19 PM
I like the way Buizel acts...glad Dawn catch it

Slowking[George]
27th April 2009, 5:36 PM
I like the way Buizel acts...glad Dawn catch it

It's as if Buizel was scolding Dawn and in a way testing her until she could catch him, then feeling happy about her succeeding. Kasumi Special Lure was something that made me lol irl.

Tf5174
27th April 2009, 6:40 PM
I think ash should have caughted buizel in the first place but i liked the Lured.

S.Suikun
18th June 2009, 1:10 AM
This was a pretty decent capture episode made a little more remarkable by the appearance of Nozomi (who was, at this point, merely a demon child who had not even earned her pitchfork yet). Buizel, of course, receives the ultimate power nerf after the events of this episode, and has been quite the controversial Pokemon in its own right, whether in regards to the trade or gym match exposure that has led to bloodlust among the fanbase for whatever idiotic reason (I lost count somewhere along the way). I personally like Buizel and think of him as Sinnoh's Kimori personality-wise.

Everybody's battles against Buizel are quite good, which is a nice change of pace from the standard capture episode which involves befriending the Pokemon. Really, the battles only "don't make sense" if you only consider how Buizel was never really unstoppable from that day forward. It's noticeable with the majority of captured Pokemon, especially Team Rocket's. Speaking of Team Rocket, they were standard here and did nothing special, but again, that's par-for-the-course in a capture episode. They also had the opportunity to make Nozomi interesting here since she hadn't been seen since Kotobuki, but they didn't.

B

Rainbowdashtheawesome
17th July 2009, 6:50 PM
This was just like what happened with Ash's Tailow. He had only caught Tailow because he realized that he wasn't going to be able to take it down no matter how many Thunderbolts he pumped into it. The same thing that happened with Tailow has now happened with Buizel; even though it was 100&#37; unstoppable as a wild pokemon, it became just as vulnerable as any other one in the group after being caught.

STICKTOPIA
20th July 2009, 2:34 AM
I saw from the start that buizel would have looked better with Ash than with Dawn. I somehow knew Ash would get it b/c he needed a water type and Dawn had 2.

milenadrg
29th July 2009, 10:56 PM
Episode was a little bit boring, I must say. At first, I tought Ash is going to catpure it...
With personality like this, that Buizel tried to be cool or what? For me it was just an idiot...

STICKTOPIA
19th September 2009, 8:46 PM
Episode was a little bit boring, I must say. At first, I tought Ash is going to catpure it...
With personality like this, that Buizel tried to be cool or what? For me it was just an idiot... buizel likes to challenge ppl.

Rainbowdashtheawesome
22nd September 2009, 2:39 PM
Yeah, next to Primeape Buizel is probably the most pugnatious pokemon Ash has ever had. Can you honestly call that a bad thing?

Void
22nd September 2009, 2:49 PM
Yeah, next to Primeape Buizel is probably the most pugnatious pokemon Ash has ever had. Can you honestly call that a bad thing?

1. It's pugnacious.
2. Yes, I can call that a bad thing.

Rainbowdashtheawesome
23rd September 2009, 5:46 AM
For a pokemon? Unless it is strictly a contest pokemon, it should be a good thing that it likes to fight. Pokemon supposedly takes place in a universe with no relation to ours, so what do we care about the actions or habits of the characters? Unlike all those other anime series, pokemon doesn't have some crappy backstory for why their world is different from ours; so we can just assume that they are in a parallel universe whose events have no influence whatsoever on our own.
Also, whut kend uf snoob goos arund poynting owt everybodees spelleng flaus?

Surfer_Dude
27th September 2009, 8:09 AM
First time i saw this i was like : "Why did Dawn have to catch Buizel?!"
But then well lets just say something happened in another episode (i dont wanna spoil it)

Lorde
19th November 2009, 4:23 AM
Yay a Zoey episode. Glad she was trying to catch Buizel too.

This one was ok. I was glad to see Buizel make it's debut. This one was tough unlike the one in Movie 9 which was cute and curious.

Pretty good Sinnoh Filler 8/10

Ash-kid
16th December 2009, 4:13 PM
Buizel was really strong. very strong.

Zoey wasn't able to beat it, and Pikachu also.

Piplup was the big hero...

9/10

Armaldo48
6th January 2010, 7:13 PM
I always thought that Buizel was an awesome Pokemon. That's why I love this episode so much.

8.5/10

anothername
12th January 2010, 10:31 PM
Honestly I was expecting much more from buizel, since the fight against lucario buizel's power seems to be decreasing...

swampertlover5712
13th January 2010, 4:15 PM
i think that the only reason why Piplup was able to beat Buizel was cos he had to fight to other Pokemon before being defeated. he musta been tired.
either way, nice Buizel debut. 7.5/10 :)

KGB13
20th January 2010, 9:34 PM
Very cool episode. I thought every battle was good, especially Zoey's Glamemeow vs. Buizel, that one looked really great. I would have preferred for Ash to have caught Buizel instead of Dawn, but we all know that get's fixed in the future. This was simply a great episode.

Willow's Tara
2nd June 2010, 12:19 PM
It was an okay episode, to be honest I am not a fan that much of Buizel but it was nice for Dawn to catch it when going against Zoey and Ash who wanted it too.

Nice to see that Misty lure again as well

wind21
29th June 2010, 3:02 AM
Normally, I skip this episode when doing my dp anime speed run, but in the spirit of trying to appreciate Zoey's character, I'll look at it.

I don't think Zoey, in her first few appearances, ever meets Dawn and the gang when they are having a normal day. Here, Zoey gives a wisecrack greeting as Ash and Dawn are playing tug of war with each other over Ash's fishing rod. Maybe it's the writer's way of making Zoey look cool and composed by contrast with the quirks of Ash and the gang, though I don't like it too much b/c if Ash, Brock, and Dawn acted this way all the time (which they do not; it's just for Zoey), they would never be able to take care of themselves. Speaking of creating an aura of coolness for Zoey, Dawn quickly shows off her ribbon and then, really surprisingly for me, Ash brings out his badge. Zoey doesn't feel the need to display her ribbons in return, making Dawn and Ash look like people who no have confidence in themselves at all, a characterization I dislike, especially because it's off for Ash.

I'm not sure how the story gets to this point, but for some reason (probably not good storytelling) Ash decides to train with Buizel, looking insane doing so in the eyes of Zoey, Dawn and Brock (why Brock would be surprised, I don't know). This is the last time I think the writers have Ash do this just for the humor of it, which is good- Ash's hands on training is a very important part of his training style, and it not something to be shown just to get a laugh b/c Zoey thinks he's crazy. At the very least, Ash doesn't care, so that's spot on. Dawn actually gives the training style a try by allowing Piplup to go with Ash, which is a little progress in terms of her liking what Ash does. But since the whole thing is supposed to be humorous and to give a half reason for Buizel to suddenly respect Piplup, I don't want to take it too seriously. Buizel challenges Piplup to a battle, loses, and Dawn catches Buizel (b/c Dawn has to; Pikachu defeats Buizel earlier in the episode, yet somehow Buizel is able to fight its way out of the pokeball and deliver a cheap ko to Pikachu).

I'm sorry; this episode is not one for me. Zoey does get better development in later episodes.

saar
9th July 2010, 11:11 AM
Good episode. Buizel showed how much it is strong.:)
Good capture of Dawn.. But Buizel doesn't feet her team.

Lance The Champ
2nd December 2010, 2:00 PM
Buizel should have been caught by Ash! Buizel and Ash would make a great team

G50
27th April 2011, 10:25 AM
This episode was ok... It was cool to see Buizel for the 1st time. I was glad Dawn caught Buizel creatively using some of Piplup's Contest moves to take it down, since it was too strong to use just regular attacking. Buizel looked unbeatable in this episode. It was cool to see Aqua Jet for the 1st time. Pikachu vs Buizel was a very cool and exciting battle. Buizel's personality is great. Dawn/Brock/Zoey's face reactions to Ash and Pikachu trying to do what Buizel was doing were hilarious.

54/100

Blessed
25th January 2012, 8:57 PM
It's nice to see the Misty lure once again! :) I wish her & Dawn met but at least she knows she exists now.

CyberCubed
28th January 2012, 6:05 PM
Makes you wonder why the lure was even brought up when Dawn never meets her.

BurningSociety12345543210
28th January 2012, 6:13 PM
Makes you wonder why the lure was even brought up when Dawn never meets her.

Dawn did meet the lure however, and the lure is so much better than the actual Misty. :)

What I'm more confused about is why Dawn caught Buizel if it was just going to be traded to Ash. :/

OshyHikari
19th February 2012, 6:53 AM
Buizel was tough but this was an awesome episode!

Caseydia
25th October 2013, 7:01 PM
If they were going to trade Buizel down the road, they could have just given it to Ash instead of waisting time making people upset about it later. Besides, Dawn already had a water pokemon while Ash didn't.

Lorde
24th November 2014, 11:13 PM
I loved that Ash and friends went fishing here and I especially liked that Ash used the Misty lure. I was actually glad that Buizel put up a decent battle against Zoey's Glameow; I always wanted Glameow to be taken down a peg. Meowth's boss fantasy about Giovanni being shipwrecked and using Buizel as a buoy made me cackle wildly.

Painkiller2001
15th December 2014, 2:03 AM
Since Buizel is one of my favorite Pokemon, I enjoyed every bit of this episode.
That's nice how Ash still has the Misty lure. :)