PDA

View Full Version : using cheat devices to get special tickets, is it cheating

xtraspcial
22nd May 2007, 1:39 AM
If you were to use a cheat device to get mystic ticket, aurora ticket, eon ticket, and old sea map, but still catch the pokemon you get on the islands fair and square, would you consider it really cheating.
ex:for me it would be cheating if I were to get matserballs for all thoses pokemon instead of trying to catch them on my own

ShinyManafi
22nd May 2007, 2:10 AM
I consider it cheating if the events didn't even occur yet >_> *is looking at people who cheat to get 4th Gen tickets before event*

Maybe if you have no way whatsoever to get to the events, I guess it could be alright. ;)

Tyranny of Tyranitar
22nd May 2007, 3:46 AM
Since one would be using a "cheating" device to obtain the event pokemon, then it would be techinally "cheating".
I'm just glad I couldn't figure out how to make the GameShark work, now that I think about it.

loopy100
22nd May 2007, 8:59 AM
They dont work

Ive tried. The game knows if its legit or Sharked.....

Heliotrope
22nd May 2007, 9:37 AM
Well, yeah, it is cheating. But who cares? The Pokemon is still legit.

DragonAK
22nd May 2007, 9:39 AM
No, I wouldn't consider it cheating, because Nintendo isn't even doing the ticket events anymore. And besides, the Pokemon is still the same, hacking the ticket or warping to the island doesn't change the Pokemon at all. If I did do it though, I would at least play through the game to the point where I could use the tickets and do the event, I wouldn't do the Old Sea Map/Faraway Island one though, as even people who did get tickets, didn't get that one. So, just the ones that were given out.

crudent
22nd May 2007, 11:34 AM
Yes it's cheating. Matter closed.

Heliotrope
22nd May 2007, 12:10 PM
I don't see why Pokemon you get from using warp codes (which is how I get to the islands) aren't considered legit, since the GS/AR isn't putting the Pokemon into your game - it's already there (and if you warp to the island a second time, the Pokemon isn't there again).

All the GS/AR is doing is making it so that whatever warp tile you step on (let's say, the door to the Pokemon centre, for example) takes you to Faraway island/Navel rock/Birth island instead of the Pokemon centre.

Lord_Sunday
23rd May 2007, 9:47 AM
wait how do u do this warping stuff?

Emerald Metagross
23rd May 2007, 2:39 PM
It is cheating, since you are after all using a cheating device. :rolleyes:

But anyway, the Pokémon itself would be considered legit, so I'm okay with it.

Pamizard
23rd May 2007, 2:42 PM
There are codes to activate the events by getting the items and stuff. When you catch them correctly, they are treated like there legit. If you don't catch them there and you try to use them in Collosseum and XD, they are counted as illegal. Catching them the right way by cheating makes them legit for Collosseum/XD

Kabuto
23rd May 2007, 11:15 PM
There is nothing wrong with warp codes. I've been to the events, and still warped to birth island for a better deoxys (didnt like the stats). And I warped to navel rock for hunting shiny ho-oh and lugia . Its also not fair for people that live nowhere near events. But yeah, the event should occur first. As long as you dont hack the creature itself.

BIGnSCARY
24th May 2007, 8:50 AM
i dont think it is cheating

xgina
24th May 2007, 8:59 AM
if you are cheating to get the items, you are cheating.
because if you could not get the items any way other than cheating, and you used a CHEAT DEVICE then it is obvious it is cheating.

PsychicsRox
24th May 2007, 10:07 AM
It's cheating as other people can't get them! And as you mentioned, you have to use a cheating device! And for those who say it is legit cos you can't get them cos the events are no more, ever heard of Wi-Fi Connection? Just trade with someone who got the pokemon the legit way.

*Jean Grey*
24th May 2007, 1:35 PM
it's cheating, using AR or GameShark is already considered cheating.

Pamizard
24th May 2007, 2:49 PM
It's cheating as other people can't get them! And as you mentioned, you have to use a cheating device! And for those who say it is legit cos you can't get them cos the events are no more, ever heard of Wi-Fi Connection? Just trade with someone who got the pokemon the legit way.

For me, I don't do trades becuase i rather have my own Pokemon and not anyone elses. And besides, I'm having trouble trying to get on Wi-fi, if i can't get on it, I'm not doing it

Galvatron
24th May 2007, 5:15 PM
If someone lived 20 miles from the event and is just too lazy to go there for a ticket, then I think it's stupid. If there is NO way you could get to where the event was held, then I think you deserve to get the Pokemon, because it's only fair that you get a chance to catch em' all.

Burn Jack
24th May 2007, 7:07 PM
For many Britons, it is almost impossible to get (m)any event pokes. Therefore, we have little choice other than to hack tickets, etc.

This is a 3rd gen discussion, so I don't see why wi-fi should even come into it. But besides, catching your own event pokemon is still going to be as reliable a way of getting a legit pokemon as trading online for it is. >_>

kronos
24th May 2007, 7:11 PM
First, I don't cheat at pokemon.I don't have/use any cheating device.(gameshark,action replay,codebreaker.)

I consider using cheat devices to get the "event items" in your game if you weren't able to visit the event or live in a country far,far away from the main event places, as not cheating.Using cheating devices to program the "event item" into your game and simply catching the "event pokemon" shouldn't be cheating since the people who use these devices are programming the "event item" in their game and catching the "event pokemon" in a legit way.(I apologize for bad english it isn't my mother tongue.)

Burn Jack
24th May 2007, 7:16 PM
Your English is perfect: no need to apologise for it.

Ultimate Glalie
25th May 2007, 3:15 PM
I do consider it cheating. Super-rare pokemon should stay super-rare.

Anaya
27th May 2007, 6:46 AM
I think it's perfectly okay. I mean I used a GS to warp to islands for certain Pokemon. I mean I had NO way to go to any events. And you can't even tell, so it doesn't matter.

Lord_Sunday
27th May 2007, 7:15 AM
i think its alright, i mean, nintendo is no worse off because you have that pokemon in your game are they???

Heliotrope
27th May 2007, 10:08 AM
Hopefully Nintendo will do Wi-fi events for the D/P event Pokemon. That way we won't have anyone arguing about "legit" legendaries anymore.

Lord_Sunday
27th May 2007, 1:33 PM
^ agreed, we should all spam them with emails asking them to do that.

Aewyne
27th May 2007, 1:39 PM
If you're using a cheat device, then it's cheating >.<

Now that we have WiFi, no one can complain that they had no way of getting to an event, because you can always trade for event Pokemon now.

Kurupt
27th May 2007, 1:48 PM
I used an AR, because I live in Australia. As far as I'm told, there has never been a Nintendo Event in Australia that hands out items.

Lord_Sunday
28th May 2007, 9:42 AM
^ I went to one to get mew when i was little, but that was on red version. I didnt understand how it worked and erased the mew off my file by accident. lol i remember crying about that....wall i was only five....

Pokemon_Luver
29th May 2007, 9:16 AM
I don't think its cheating because they do not give events out everywhere, only in the US and Japan. I havn't got a cheat device and never had so that is my opinion! But only if they input the event ticket since the islands are already there and the events have already happened.

flamec80
29th May 2007, 10:32 AM
Yes, although the Pokémon is technically legit if you caught it yourself without the aid of, for example, 100% catch rate codes. If, however, you live in an event-free area, you have every right to do so--I do it myself.