PDA

View Full Version : Destiny Bond?

Ge64
22nd May 2007, 2:56 AM
The last three times or so that my Gengar used Destiny Bond, and it looked as if it worked, but then when Gengar faints nothing happens. Why is this? Do I need to use destiny bond more than once to make it work? its nice as a last resort but if it doesnt work I might as well replace it with toxic or something... (this is in LG btw)

ShinyManafi
22nd May 2007, 3:01 AM
You need to use it and then the opponent has to knock you out right after.

Tyranny of Tyranitar
22nd May 2007, 3:03 AM
The opponent faints with Gengar. That's what the move is for. It has to be the last move you use before you are knocked out.

Ge64
22nd May 2007, 5:09 AM
Oh I see. The part about using it just before gengar faints i mean, i used it when he still had half HP and he wasnt knocked out straight after. Thanks!

_Aerodactyl_
25th May 2007, 12:32 PM
Yeah make sure you use it right before you are going too get knocked out ;)
oh btw does anyone know if you use Destiny Bond than use Explosion will that take out their guy if say Explosion does not kill it?

TotalPotato
25th May 2007, 3:21 PM
Yeah make sure you use it right before you are going too get knocked out ;)
oh btw does anyone know if you use Destiny Bond than use Explosion will that take out their guy if say Explosion does not kill it?
That won't work, because by the time you use Explosion, the chance for your opponent to KO you and activate the Destiny Bond set on the previous turn will have passed.

The Shadow Knight
26th May 2007, 10:36 AM
Destiny bond is a great move try it with focus punch.You have to faint in the same turn if you're faster,and on the turn after if you're slower.