PDA

View Full Version : The Arcane Realm - FB Training Zone



enchantress
23rd May 2007, 8:36 PM
The FB Training Zone

Unlike other Fizzy Bubbles zones, this zone has been created for the sole purpose of introducing new members to RPing FB Style before venturing into current zones. It gives you a chance to familiarise yourselves with how we work and to experiment and expand upon your RPing skills before moving on.

While the updates I provide here will be far from top quality due to time restraints, they will still provide enough information for you to formulate a decent response and to RP to your highest standard. While updates won't be top-notch, your replies should be as whether or not you're given the ok to leave this zone behind and enter regular zones will depend upon how you reply. You should always be striving to give your replies everything you can as that is what is expected in all FB Zones. Please remember that while FB has Gyms, Contest Halls, Bases, the Arcade, and various other activities as well as Time Out to help pass the time between updates, our primary purpose is role playing and while we don't always expect lengthy replies, we do expect a reasonable degree of quality. Replies don't have to be long to be good as some people are mistakenly inclined to believe.

Rules
- No less than four (4) lines when replying, and by four lines I mean four complete lines of text. Not three or four words before hitting the enter key and writing another three or four words. Decent and articulate sentences are a must.
- No chat speak. No abbreviations. No icons/smilies. Type properly or I'll ignore your post.
- Please proofread posts. It's not only a great way to check for errors, it's also an excellent chance to see if you can expand upon/improve your reply before submitting.
- ALWAYS quote your update by using the quote button in the bottom right-hand corner of the post. If you c/p and add Quote tags, your post will be ignored. Also, don't quote the entire post, only the update that has been written for you.
- When using attacks for battle, please state clearly what you are ordering your Pokémon to do, and order no more than three attacks (offensive or defensive) per round of battle.
- Never take it upon yourself to encounter or capture a Pokémon. The Pokémon you encounter is entirely up to the discretion of your updator. If you've read through the Updates & Replies Thread you will find that there are several reasons for this rule being in place.
- When in a battle situation, never, ever try to control the moves or reactions of your opponent Pokémon. It's my job to give you an adventure, it's your job to overcome any obstacles I put in your path. Be sure to give clear and precise instructions for the moves you want your Pokémon to use, but don't ever try to control the Pokémon you are battling. I'm hoping I'll never have to PM anyone about editing their reply because they've posted incorrectly. It's embarassing for you, and uncomfortable for me.
- If your Pokémon has a nickname please don't expect me to know it straight off the bat. After a while I do become familiar with the teams of people I update but when you're new to me I'd appreciate it if you would refer to the Pokémon you have, not call them by name. For example, somebody says, "Blaze use Ember!" Ummm, who/what is Blaze? I know it's a Fire Type, but what is it? A Torchic, Charmander, Houndour??? I won't know unless you tell me.
- I do ask that you keep a profile of your FB team in your signature which includes your Pokémon, their levels and genders. I do however understand that not everyone wants to do this so if you could, at the very least, post a link to your registration post I'd appreciate it greatly. If you do neither and I need some information about your Pokémon, there's a strong likelihood you'll be skipped.

And lastly, I'm not expecting everyone to start off perfectly here. Mistakes are expected and I'm more than happy to offer pointers/advice when asked for it, as are many FB members. I'm lenient to a point, but if you've been informed about something that has been done wrong and continue to ignore the advice given to correct it, then you will be ignored. End of story.

Now that formalities are out of the way, how about we get down to business? Below are a list of areas you may enter (only one area at a time), so all you need to do is decide where you would like to travel before making your introductory post.





The Arcane Realm


Forest of Adventure (Please reply in LimeGreen)
According to legend, no trainer can enter this enchanted forest without an adventure befalling them.

Mediville (Please reply in LemonChiffon)
This well-populated village and its surrounding farmlands contain many low-levelled wild Pokémon suitable for beginning trainers to practice against. Levels are only gained by Pokémon under level 10.

The Graveyard (Please reply in Silver)
A haunting graveyard where the spirits of Pokémon have been put to rest. At night a thick fog hangs in the air while the restless spirits of those Pokémon with unfinished business rise from the grave, looking for closure that often never comes.

Desert of Illusion (Please reply in DarkOrange)
A vast desert, filled with all kinds of Pokémon. It is rumored that two special villages can be found here, but is this fantasy or reality?

Ancient Tomb (Please reply in Gold)
An ancient maze supposedly containing the tombs of long-departed kings which is filled with treasure and danger. You will not be able to leave until you find an escape rope and you can't bring one with you.

The Ocean of Mystery (Please reply in DeepSkyBlue)
An ocean with many mysteries that have yet to be solved. Only those with Water Type Pokémon can travel these seas, as whenever a ship has set sail, they have never again been seen. What has happened to these ships, their crew and passengers, is anyone's guess, but few are willing to take their chances by travelling out by boat.

Silverton Ranges (Please reply in LightSteelBlue)
A snow-capped mountain range where many wild Pokémon reside. Many old mines litter the mountainside from the days when silver was heavily mined, but due to the often below zero temperatures, they were eventually abandoned. Rumor has it however, that there are still many valuable ores hidden within the mountains.

enchantress
24th May 2007, 3:51 PM
enchantress (UPN/Serebii/Bulbagarden Mod)


Subject to change.

yougirasu
28th March 2010, 10:24 AM
Desert of Illusion (Please reply in DarkOrange)
A vast desert, filled with all kinds of Pokémon. It is rumored that two special villages can be found here, but is this fantasy or reality?

As Yougi leaves the valley within the Arcane Realm that has lead him to his destination, he can't help but look over his shoulder at his new backpack as he half expects to remember something he'd forgotten or realise that something had fallen out.
His softly crunching steps grew ever more grainy as the land beneath his feet made the transformation from gravelled grass to plain sand and as he stopped to think, Yougi realised that he had left the valley mouth and had already taken his first steps into the Desert of Illusion. With a name sounding so grand and so many rumours surrounding it, he wasn't sure what to expect, what he'd find or even what to look for. But deep down he knew if something was important he'd be sure to notice it, eventually.
Taking in a deep breathe to set of on, he suddenly thought that Growlithe might want to come out and enjoy such a sight and he'd be sure to enjoy the heat. 'But would I really want to add a fire type into the already sweltering heat?' Yougi pondered, realising that the strong sunlight on the arid horizon was already burning at his skin. 'Better not,' Yougi thought to himself again, 'it'll save him some walking and I won't have to deal with any additional heat.'
With his thoughts cleared, he took his first steps into the journey that awaited him.

*Whoever is the updater for my journey, feel free to let me know if I've done anything wrong and where I can improve.*

Ysavvryl
29th March 2010, 5:17 PM
Ancient Tomb (Please reply in Gold)
An ancient maze supposedly containing the tombs of long-departed kings which is filled with treasure and danger. You will not be able to leave until you find an escape rope and you can't bring one with you.


Well, here she was. Willow had finally left home on a journey to new lands, to see interesting sights and hear interesting things. With that in mind, she decided to go to the Ancient Tomb, because it sounded ancient. And tomb-y. Tomb-y, tomb-y, tomb-y… that should be a word. Smiling at the silly thought, she sat down on the ground by her Whismur and opened up her backpack. It was kind of plain, just white; she’d have to address that later on. Maybe with some brightly colored flower patches and peace signs.

The chubby little Pokemon was twitching her ears about, listening to things. She mumbled something as she looked over the backpack. Apparently curious, Whismur pointed to it.

“Yeah, it’s one of those gift packages they give new Trainers,” Willow said. “Awfully nice of them. Now we’ve just got this little dilemma to solve… how are we supposed to equip you with a scarf when you don’t have a neck?”

She pulled out the Silk Scarf (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=11179547&postcount=19)that had come in the backpack package. It was long, lightweight, and white. Interested, Whismur stood on the tips of her toes and perked her ears up. It was too long to have her just hold it in her paws and it’d get in the way of one of her two moves. After some consideration and tries, Willow managed to tie the Scarf in a bow around Whismur’s forehead, under her ears but not in a way that would irritate her.

“That suit you?” Once she got an affirmative bounce, Willow patted Whismur and got up. “It’s quite chic.” She put her backpack back on and smiled. “Well, let’s go get lost.” They entered the Ancient Tomb.

CyberBlastoise
29th March 2010, 6:36 PM
The Ocean of Mystery (Please reply in DeepSkyBlue)
An ocean with many mysteries that have yet to be solved. Only those with Water Type Pokémon can travel these seas, as whenever a ship has set sail, they have never again been seen. What has happened to these ships, their crew and passengers, is anyone's guess, but few are willing to take their chances by travelling out by boat.


Bill and his companion, Silver the Squirtle had reached this ocean of many mysteries. Bill being a curious person, always wondered about the rumors of the disappearing ships. He was fascinated with the stories that were given about this place. And now, he can travel this way as well. He and his squirtle had rode a boat to the edge of the sea, but the captain himself was very superstitious, and refused to go any closer than he had to. Bill was preparing for his new journey as he put on some swimwear. For an added effect, Bill took his Mystic Water (http://serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=11183637&postcount=22) and wrapped the little string around Silver's neck. Bill asked, "Are you ready, Silver?"

"Squirt! Squirtle!" replied his turtle buddy. The Squritle looked out to the ocean with a dazed look. It wanted to go inside the water as soon as possible.

As he was putting on his last flipper, Bill answered, "I'll take that as a 'yes'."

The captain came up to Bill and asked, "Now are you sure you want to be doing this? I mean, no offense, but you don't seem like the type ready to dive head first into danger."

Bill smiled and said, "Believe me captain, I've been through worse than a little water."

"Well, all right, it's your funeral," answered the captain. "I guess you know about the disappearances right?"

"That's why I'm here. I want to see this for myself," replied Bill. The captain nodded his head and looked down into the waters. Bill grabbed a full oxygen tank, a diver's mask complete with goggles and both he and Silver both jumped into the water and swam toward the Ocean of Mystery. What awaited them? Perhaps treasure, perhaps adventure, perhaps even a Tentacool that is a champion at Dance Dance Revolution.

Well, I hope this is alright, until I add this post to my sig, here (http://serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=11187285&postcount=1) is my information. And I hope the wet suit isn't too bad, I just was thinking that a Squritle couldn't exactly carry a human.

Atari
3rd April 2010, 5:49 AM
Desert of Illusion (Please reply in DarkOrange)
A vast desert, filled with all kinds of Pokémon. It is rumored that two special villages can be found here, but is this fantasy or reality?
Asuka paced herself alongside Kurai, her Duskull, staring into the seeming abyss of the desert. Hardly any clouds floated in the sky, and the sun beamed at them with immense heat. This was hardly the setting to have a Ghost type Pokemon tagging along oneself, but Kurai didn't mind the dry weather.

Asuka heard from a few passerby's at their previous location about one or two villages in the desert. "I wonder if the hype I heard about those villages is all it was worked out to be," she asked Kurai, giving a slight sigh due their long travel. "And hopefully our endeavor will turn out to be slightly worthwhile..." Asuka thought aloud. Kurai looked over to her, as if to agree.

The two had already planned to travel through the sand-covered landscape to reach a city on the other side, but making an excursion wouldn't hurt anything. They were already far overdue for resupplying, so coming across one of the villages would be perfect. Perhaps they would even encounter some type of exotic desert Pokemon.

Here (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?p=11194472) is the link to my fizzy bubbles member information. I hope this will be sufficient, at least until I get my signature squared away.

bigtukker
3rd April 2010, 2:41 PM
Forest of Adventure (Please reply in LimeGreen)
According to legend, no trainer can enter this enchanted forest without an adventure befalling them.

As Andrew met the trees of the Forest of Adventure, he breathed in slowly to experience the aroma of the nature, the forest, the forest full of adventure.
“Aaah,” Andrew sighed, “A new journey.”
He began to walk the path in a calm pace thinking of the adventures which are undoubtedly waiting for him and together with his old friend Chimchar he will experience what it is to be a Pokémon Trainer. Thinking of it made him even more excited resulting in increasing his pace. Andrew began thinking about his team. His father said a Pokémon and trainer are always destined to meet each other. Imagine having a team with Pokémon like Electivire, Scizor, Gyarados and perhaps even an Infernape when Chimchar evolves. Or perhaps he gets stuck around with Pokémon like Butterfree, Noctowl or Furret. Andrew coughed, would he be still that excited if he went with such weak Pokémon. Andrew loved every Pokémon, but to be honest he has a strong preference to stronger Pokémon. Andrew decreased his pace again. Come to think of it. Andrews father, a Pokémon expert if you’d ask Andrew, owned a Delcatty. A typical example of a Pokémon who doesn’t look tough, but can beat more than average Trainers and Pokémon. Andrew even saw once that his father defeated a Gyarados with a Volbeat using his Speed and in its adventage. Yeah, perhaps Andrew can specialize in weak looking Pokémon as well. Or not? Or… Perhaps Andrew needed to be convinced more by a Pokémons power, before capturing it.
Andrew tried to stop thinking and looked around for things what might lead to an adventure. No, will lead to an adventure. That's what the old guy in town told him.

Fixing my sig with FB info

Dramon
5th April 2010, 9:22 PM
Forest of Adventure (Please reply in LimeGreen)
According to legend, no trainer can enter this enchanted forest without an adventure befalling them.
[/color]

"Krow krow krow!"
"Jinx, wait up!" was the reply from the disgruntled Devan. Ever since they had stepped into the Forest of Adventure, the Murrkow had gone off to his own agenda, seeming to be looking for something. The boy tripped multiple times during his chase with the bird because of scattered tree roots on the forest ground. After a few minutes of chasing, he finally caught up to the crow, who was preening his feathers on top of a tree stump, giving out a a haughty caw that could be translated as "What took so long?".

The boy panted, his legs wobbled and gave him with his bottom meeting the ground. "You *pant* just love *pant* doing this huh?" he panted out, franticly looking for something to drink in his bag. With a smile on his face, he found the bottle he'd been searching for and began drinking rapidly.

"Mur." was the blunt response.

Devan had finished off the bottle and put the empty container back in his bag, which was strapped on his back. He gave a glare at the crow, which was returned with a laugh. Jinx flew back to his trainer, landing in front of him and gave him a pat on the knee with a wing. Why did the human have to be so serious sometimes; it was just a joke.

Sadly, the boy didn't take as such and sighed. "Just what am I going to do with you?" he scratched his head, looking at the Murkrow with a frown on his face. The duo had come here to explore and maybe find some Pokemon here, but with that little chase, he had probably scared them away. He hoped to at least find something while he was here.

Raddaya
6th April 2010, 3:18 PM
[size=1]Forest of Adventure (Please reply in LimeGreen)
According to legend, no trainer can enter this enchanted forest without an adventure befalling them.


Rangeet stared at the forest in front of him. "No trainer can enter without having an adventure? How cheesy. You never know though...these old legends sometimes have a grain of truth in them. What say Peeves?"

A rather frosty Rotom answered with a "rrrrrr". Rangeet looked at him critically. "Hmm. That frost form doesn't become you. Here, let me take that." As he shoved the card into his backpack, Peeves turned back into his normal form.

"Now then. This forest. Stay close to me and for goodness's sake don't go wandering off to fight some random Paras or something. For all you know, it could be dangerous. You got that?"

Rotom looked as if it did. Rangeet frowned critically. "What you need is some companionship. Hey, Torchic!" The red light swirled before forming a Torchic. "Chic?"
"Hey Torchic. Just watch out for Peeves ok? Haha. And don't do anything stupid yourself." Thus lecturing his pokemon, Rangeet entered the forest...

I sure hope I didn't do much wrong :O Also, registration post (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?p=11187241#post11187241) if you need it.

enchantress
20th April 2010, 5:48 PM
Sorry for the delay guys, I have good reasons for being late with this but I won't bother getting into it right now. Just know that updates will be more regular from this point forth.

Now that you've all posted we can get started, but before we begin I'd like to welcome all of you to FB. As you're hopefully aware, roleplaying is our main aim. Although we do have other areas to keep you occupied during quieter times we hope you'll enjoy the RPing experience enough to delve right in. The aim of the Arcane Realm is to get you through nice and quickly, so your updates may not be as long as those you see in other zones but they'll certainly provide enough content for you to be able to RP at length. I will try to keep up with you but please don't be expecting daily updates because it won't always be possible for me to provide them.

There is a seven day reply stipulation attached to the Arcane Realm that we've been a little lax on recently, but I will be enforcing it this time around. If you cannot reply for a week for some reason or another, please PM me or you may find yourself needing to re-apply to FB the next time registration opens. In the meantime, however, I hope you enjoy your updates. Let's get started ^-^.


Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

bigtukker: Walking through the forest you can't help but wonder what kind of Pokémon you'll meet on your journeys ahead. Your future looks bright, you have new lands to explore, many people and Pokémon to meet, and a team to fill. What that team will end up being is anyone's guess at this point in time, but it's still exciting to think about. For now, however, you feel it's best to concentrate on the present, and as you walk through the forest are fascinated by the sights and sounds around you. This place is full of life, and while the Pokémon who dwell here may be a little shy when it comes to strangers, you know they are there. You can hear their movements in the trees, their cries in the distance, and can't wait until you have the opportunity to battle one of them. Eventually you walk into a clearing where a bunch of Yanma have gathered, most likely to feed from the succulent syrup and pollen found in the flowers in this clearing, all but one of them fleeing into the forest upon your approach. Not sure whether to be happy or disappointed that you've come across a Pokémon who appears to be rather curious about you, you ponder how to react as Yanma moves in closer...

Dramon: Wth Jinx's antics having already exhausted you, you look around the forest hoping your feathered friend hasn't scared off any Pokémon you may have had the opportunity to come across. Perhaps this is the case, perhaps not, but the Forest of Mystery is a big place so there is still plenty of opportunity to meet the native wildlife. Shooting the Murkrow a look that clearly states you're less than impressed, Jinx responds only by fluffing up his feathers and preening them to show he's not at all bothered by your oh-so-serious nature. Sighing inwardly you wonder if Jinx will ever take things seriously, when suddenly you hear the foliage to your right rustling madly. Jinx looks up, and from atop his tree stump stares curiously into the forest as the rustling moves closer. Feeling a little nervous as you're not sure what is approaching, you're wondering if you should hide when a frightened little Venonat crashes through the bushes and stops dead in its tracks upon seeing the two of you staring at it. Thinking that it looks like it's about to keel over you're wondering if you should help it when another figure comes crashing through the bushes. Venonat squeaks with fright and continues racing off into the trees on the other side of the trail as the Pinsir who had been chasing it skids to a stop. Its eyes narrow when it spies the two of you and you can almost see its brain ticking over. Fight the new ones, or chase the old one? It appears to think that neither you or Jinx are a threat, however, and races off into the forest to continue its pursuit of Venonat, a fact Jinx doesn't appear to be at all too thrilled about. He ruffles his feathers indignantly, caws his displeasure, and looks ready to take off into the bushes after the Stagbeetle Pokémon. It seems your parter wants to prove himself here, but you're not quite sure he's ready to be taking on such a fearsome looking Pokémon. But then again, what about that frightened little Venonat Pinsir is chasing? Should you help it, or simply continue on your path in search of a less dangerous adventure?

Rangeet: Standing upon the outskirts of the Forest of Adventure, Peeves blinks blankly at you when you release Torchic as he knows you expect the little fire chick to play body guard and keep an eye on him. Torchic appears just as bemused, shrugging apologetically before winking at Rotom as you stride off into the forest without a backward glance. The two Pokémon follow along behind, more interested in the scenery and the wild Pokémon they're catching glimpses of through the thick foliage than of rushing along the trail on this beautiful day. Eager to find some adventure you lead the way, impressed by the sunlight that is filtering through the canopy of leaves above which gives your surroundings a bright and airy atmosphere. Bird Pokémon are flitting between the trees, chirping and singing happily, while the rustling foliage around you tells you the Pokémon who live here are a little wary of humans and aren't too willing to show themselves although they appear to be keeping an eye on you. It's when you hear Torchic giggling that you become curious, however, as you have to wonder what he's finding so funny when you turn around to see him practically doubled over with laughter after a little Wurmple has decided to hitch a ride on Rotom's head. Peeves appears rather amused as well as it seems he's made a friend, but you're not quite sure whether to be berating them and telling them to attack the little Worm Pokémon, or to join in on the laughter...


Desert of Illusion - Please reply in darkorange

yougirasu: The vast, arid plains of the Desert of Illusion are stretched out before you. Miles upon miles of dry, barren land where only the hardiest can survive, and although you know Growlithe will utterly enjoy the blistering heat you're not sure you particularly want to be adding fuel to the fire and so decide to keep him safe and sound in his Pokéball for the time being. Setting out alone it isn't long before you're finding this trek is far more difficult than you'd initially imagined due to the harsh humidity, and as the day wears on it only becomes worse. For a place that's supposed to be full of life it appears to be rather barren, and just as you're beginning to wonder if you've perhaps chosen the wrong path on which to set out on your first journey you notice a curious rock formation ahead. Stepping up your pace you hurry along and soon find yourself staring at a series of five stone pillars arranged in a circular pattern around a smaller stone pedestal set in the centre. Stepping up for a closer look you note that the pedestal is more like a bird bath which is a little curious considering it's located in the middle of the desert. You notice inscriptions on the pillars but they are written in ancient text which doesn't help at all, and just as you're thinking it's time to move on you you notice a little Torkoal with attitude staring up at you angrily. "Tork!" it grunts, taking a step closer as it blows a smoky warning. "Tork!" it grunts again, this time nodding its head out toward the desert as though telling you to move on or else. "Or else what?", you ask yourself, wondering if you should just do as Torkoal wants or if you should be asking yourself if you have a bad case of heat stroke and are just imagining that a little turtle out in the middle of the desert is right now handing you an ultimatum...

Atari: Gazing over the vast expanse of desert surrounding you, you take a deep drink of water from you canteen before looking down at Duskull who is floating alongside you. Kurai's expression is unreadable, but if she's feeling anywhere near as exhausted as you are right now then she's certainly doing a wonderful job of concealing it. You knew the desert would be hot but had still been unprepared for just how unrelenting this harsh and arid terrain would be, and can't help but wonder if you've made the right decision of travelling out here in search of a couple of villages that really are nothing but legend. You're low on supplies, and even more concerning is that you're running low on water with no sign of life in the immediate vicinity. If you don't find some source of shelter and refreshment soon then not finding a mythical village, which in all likelihood doesn't even exist, is going to be the least of your worries. Putting your water away you continue on your journey gazing listlessly at the Cacturne dotting the desert. Eventually you see a flock of Spearow flying overhead, and believing there must be some source of food and water nearby if there are birds this far out in the desert, decide to follow along in the direction they had flown when you come across a little Numel who is standing in your path. It gazes up at you grumpily, snorts a couple of times, paws the ground with its front leg, then grunts out a challenge. It appears this little one is up for a battle...


Ancient Tomb - Please reply in gold

Ysavvryl: Entering the age-old structure of the Ancient Tomb with Whismur trotting happily alongside you, a long stone corridor leads you away from the world of the living with each passing step. The sunlight from the tomb's entrance is fading behind you as you travel further into the unfathomable depths of this archaic mausoleum which is said to hold the treasures of a civilization lost in time. Your footsteps echo ominously as the corridor descends into darkness, but it isn't long before you notice the faint flicker of firelight ahead. Finally emerging into a musty sandstone room of approximately 10ft x 10ft, a single torch propped in the upper right hand corner of the room sheds a warm glow across this otherwise uninviting chamber. The room is void of any decorations bar carvings on the walls depicting various scenes of a civilization long since gone who worshipped kings and paid homage to their Gods. Others tell the story of bloody battles fought ages ago, but it's Whismur who seems to have found something interesting. As she leans in closer to look at a spot in the bottom of the wall you realise there isn't a sandstone block there, it's just empty space. Feeling uneasy with Whismur's proximity to the hole you're considering asking her to move away from it when a purple blur suddenly shoots out from the gap and latches onto her left ear. Whismur shrieks with surprise, backing up into the middle of the room and shaking her head wildly in a desperate attempt to rid herself of her mystery attacker. All you can see is a blur of purple and white as her assailant is swung wildly about along her new silk scarf when finally it's flung across the room and hits the far wall, a small object skittering across the floor as Whismur's attacker drops it. Stunned from the hit to the wall, the small Pokémon leaps up groggily and you finally see it's an Aipom. An Aipom whom, when its vision clears, is none too pleased to see its treasure on the floor practically at Whismur's feet. Aipom snarls a warning at Whismur then shrieks angrily, racing straight toward your startled teammate...


The Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue

CyberBlastoise: As with all things mysterious, curiosity draws your attention to the fabled Ocean of Mystery. Not much is known of this arcane sea other than the fact all those who have set sail upon it have never again been seen. This, combined with your affinity for the water and special attachment to water type Pokémon, has inevitably led you to find your way to the outermost boundaries of the ocean most go out of their way to avoid. Disregarding your captain's final warning of the dangers ahead, you give Squirtle a confident smile before donning your scuba gear and descending into the unknown depths before you. The feeling of entering a world untouched by humans is exhilarating, for although the Ocean of Mystery is an enigma in itself, the simple truth is that the entire ocean is a mystery to humankind which is why so many are so keen to explore its depths and uncover its secrets. Squirtle dives quickly, darting about playfully and thoroughly enjoying his opportunity to become one with his natural habitat. You smile, happy to see Silver enjoying himself, before turning your attention to your surroundings. Finding your bearings, you head in the direction of the body of water that is supposedly responsible for so many disappearances, a niggling voice in the back of your mind asking if you will end up becoming yet another of its mounting statistics. Pushing these thoughts away you concentrate on enjoying yourself, and before long are totally absorbed by the fascinating underwater world around you. Lights are flashing in the distance which you suppose are Chinchou communicating with one another, a Kingler is trying in vain to break open the shell of one very stubborn Cloyster, a Gastrodon is lazily making its way along the ocean floor past several Clamperl who snap threateningly at it. Gastrodon takes no notice, continuing on its way, when a school of Remaroid rushes past causing all of the Pokémon in the immediate vicinity to scatter in all directions. Finding this to be a rather curious reaction to seemingly harmless Pokémon, you're distracted by Silver who taps you on the shoulder and points toward something in the distance. You can only make out a shadow on the ocean floor and although you can't quite make out what it is he's fascinated with you have little choice but to follow when he swiftly swims off in that direction. Within minutes you find yourself overlooking the wreckage of a centuries old sailing ship, but as you swim closer to check it out a blur of yellow startles you as it darts out of the wreckage and collides with your face, knocking your oxygen mask off. Your attacker is as startled as you, stopping and staring with wide eyes while you wrestle with your mask, and it only takes a moment to realise the Psyduck hadn't intended to harm you. It seems to want to help, but as it looks over your shoulder its eyes filled with fear, your stomach churns as you realise it was running away from something. Silver's eyes also bulge as he looks behing you and in the next instant both Pokémon have grabbed a hold of you and are dragging you toward the water's surface. Your lungs are filling with water, the burning sensation almost unbearable, the knot of fear in your stomach tightening as you break the surface of the water and start gasping for air when a man's anxious voice calls out, "Hurry lad! Climb aboard! They're right behind you!" Looking up you see a large yacht only metres away, but it's the expression of fear in the man's dark brown eyes as he stares into the water below you that has your stomach tied in knots. You haven't seen what's behind you, but Psyduck, Silver, and this man all seem to think that getting out of the water is a good idea. The question is, do you?

CyberBlastoise
20th April 2010, 11:17 PM
The Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue

CyberBlastoise: As with all things mysterious, curiosity draws your attention to the fabled Ocean of Mystery. Not much is known of this arcane sea other than the fact all those who have set sail upon it have never again been seen. This, combined with your affinity for the water and special attachment to water type Pokémon, has inevitably led you to find your way to the outermost boundaries of the ocean most go out of their way to avoid. Disregarding your captain's final warning of the dangers ahead, you give Squirtle a confident smile before donning your scuba gear and descending into the unknown depths before you. The feeling of entering a world untouched by humans is exhilarating, for although the Ocean of Mystery is an enigma in itself, the simple truth is that the entire ocean is a mystery to humankind which is why so many are so keen to explore its depths and uncover its secrets. Squirtle dives quickly, darting about playfully and thoroughly enjoying his opportunity to become one with his natural habitat. You smile, happy to see Silver enjoying himself, before turning your attention to your surroundings. Finding your bearings, you head in the direction of the body of water that is supposedly responsible for so many disappearances, a niggling voice in the back of your mind asking if you will end up becoming yet another of its mounting statistics. Pushing these thoughts away you concentrate on enjoying yourself, and before long are totally absorbed by the fascinating underwater world around you. Lights are flashing in the distance which you suppose are Chinchou communicating with one another, a Kingler is trying in vain to break open the shell of one very stubborn Cloyster, a Gastrodon is lazily making its way along the ocean floor past several Clamperl who snap threateningly at it. Gastrodon takes no notice, continuing on its way, when a school of Remaroid rushes past causing all of the Pokémon in the immediate vicinity to scatter in all directions. Finding this to be a rather curious reaction to seemingly harmless Pokémon, you're distracted by Silver who taps you on the shoulder and points toward something in the distance. You can only make out a shadow on the ocean floor and although you can't quite make out what it is he's fascinated with you have little choice but to follow when he swiftly swims off in that direction. Within minutes you find yourself overlooking the wreckage of a centuries old sailing ship, but as you swim closer to check it out a blur of yellow startles you as it darts out of the wreckage and collides with your face, knocking your oxygen mask off. Your attacker is as startled as you, stopping and staring with wide eyes while you wrestle with your mask, and it only takes a moment to realise the Psyduck hadn't intended to harm you. It seems to want to help, but as it looks over your shoulder its eyes filled with fear, your stomach churns as you realise it was running away from something. Silver's eyes also bulge as he looks behing you and in the next instant both Pokémon have grabbed a hold of you and are dragging you toward the water's surface. Your lungs are filling with water, the burning sensation almost unbearable, the knot of fear in your stomach tightening as you break the surface of the water and start gasping for air when a man's anxious voice calls out, "Hurry lad! Climb aboard! They're right behind you!" Looking up you see a large yacht only metres away, but it's the expression of fear in the man's dark brown eyes as he stares into the water below you that has your stomach tied in knots. You haven't seen what's behind you, but Psyduck, Silver, and this man all seem to think that getting out of the water is a good idea. The question is, do you?

Bill looked at the searing and yet calm water behind him, choking out the water in his lungs. He then got enough air to be able to talk. Bill quickly pondered the situation as the so-called threat was coming in closer and closer. Even after all this that happened in a few minutes, he was a bit in doubt of this threat, but something had to scare away all those water type Pokemon underwater, unless of course they like to scare themselves. Bill chuckled at his thought joke, as he was trying to make light in a dark situation. This man that hollered for him seemed to know just what 'they' are. Despite this, Bill shook his head to clear all thoughts and came to a decision. If he were to run away now then what happens if he get in a worse situation and no way out. No, he needed to be strong and steady. Not to mention that he himself was very curious about what was down there, and wanted to explore that downed ship. He certainly was not going to get his answer by just staring at it from the surface; the ocean's waves blurred it too much from the top. He yelled back, "Thanks for the help, but I'm going to see just what 'they' are. Thanks anyways." Bill took a deep breath of the fresh air around him and put his oxygen mask back on him.

"You're loony if you think you will survive!" the man yelled back. "You don't know the dangers of these waters!" His voice had both a commanding voice as well as a scared one. Bill had already set his mind on returning, perhaps he did enjoy that knot in the stomach, he also remembered the day that he saved his now best friend, Silver. If he had run away from that pollution and that Squirtle, then perhaps he wouldn't have had a pokemon to make memories with. Silver gave Bill a reassuring look, showing that he too was ready to dive into deep waters. Bill asked, "Ready, buddy?"

"Squirt!" replied his trusty water-type pokemon, and the two were off to see just what it was that was chasing after them. Silver might've gotten a good look, but even if he did what good would it do Bill who can't understand what pokemon say? Bill looked upon the waters that could possibly killed it, smiled in its face and said, "Let's go." Bill was not an idiot, he knew that the two would be more than likely forced into a battle with this decision, he said, "When we see just what is attacking us, I want you to use Confusion on whatever it is. And if it turns out to be a Dark-type instead though, switch it over to Aqua Jet. Understand me?" The Squirtle nodded its head and the two dived underwater.

"Stop! Do not g-" warned the man. However, Bill went back into the water, the man's yelling was in vain. He mumbled to himself, "Kids these days, have no respect for their elders. No matter what, they never listen and always get into trouble."


Sorry about the shortness, but that's all I got for now. After all, I have no idea what 'they' are. Info's in the sig.

Ysavvryl
21st April 2010, 6:22 PM
Ancient Tomb - Please reply in gold

Ysavvryl: Entering the age-old structure of the Ancient Tomb with Whismur trotting happily alongside you, a long stone corridor leads you away from the world of the living with each passing step. The sunlight from the tomb's entrance is fading behind you as you travel further into the unfathomable depths of this archaic mausoleum which is said to hold the treasures of a civilization lost in time. Your footsteps echo ominously as the corridor descends into darkness, but it isn't long before you notice the faint flicker of firelight ahead. Finally emerging into a musty sandstone room of approximately 10ft x 10ft, a single torch propped in the upper right hand corner of the room sheds a warm glow across this otherwise uninviting chamber. The room is void of any decorations bar carvings on the walls depicting various scenes of a civilization long since gone who worshipped kings and paid homage to their Gods. Others tell the story of bloody battles fought ages ago, but it's Whismur who seems to have found something interesting. As she leans in closer to look at a spot in the bottom of the wall you realise there isn't a sandstone block there, it's just empty space. Feeling uneasy with Whismur's proximity to the hole you're considering asking her to move away from it when a purple blur suddenly shoots out from the gap and latches onto her left ear. Whismur shrieks with surprise, backing up into the middle of the room and shaking her head wildly in a desperate attempt to rid herself of her mystery attacker. All you can see is a blur of purple and white as her assailant is swung wildly about along her new silk scarf when finally it's flung across the room and hits the far wall, a small object skittering across the floor as Whismur's attacker drops it. Stunned from the hit to the wall, the small Pokémon leaps up groggily and you finally see it's an Aipom. An Aipom whom, when its vision clears, is none too pleased to see its treasure on the floor practically at Whismur's feet. Aipom snarls a warning at Whismur then shrieks angrily, racing straight toward your startled teammate...


Ow… a Whismur’s shriek was often louder than they realized, which was why Willow had brought along her fuzzy yellow ear muffs. She hadn’t reached them in time for this surprise attack. Whatever had tried to grab Whismur was probably regretting it as it got swung about wildly.

Just a little while ago, Willow had been thinking rather silly thoughts as she walked through the sandstone tomb. One had to be kind of silly in order to not be fully creeped out by this place. She thought about the priests who had walked these halls and wondered what they did in their off-time. She thought about tomb robbers who were here primarily for treasure… did she count as a tomb robber? Nah, more of a tomb explorer. She wished she had thought to bring a camera.

Then they came across this decent sized room with carvings telling stories of kings, gods, wars, and all that kind of thing, which might have been interesting to see if it had some clue to proceeding further in the tomb. A single torch in the corner was lit, indicating that someone (or some Pokemon with intelligence) had been here to light it. But then Whismur saw a missing block and went over to check it out... and had gotten her left ear grabbed by something smaller than her. She reacted as any of her kind would and shrieked.

Finally, Whismur threw it into the far wall and it turned out to be a little purple Aipom. But it also dropped something, which skipped across the floor close to them. Willow took a glance at the thing, but then saw the Aipom get up and shake off its stunned state. It apparently assumed that Whismur had wanted to take its treasure, so quickly got angry and gave a hostile sound before it attacked.

Since her Pokemon had just noticed the treasure herself, she was startled by the hostile display. She’d probably start wailing again. Willow stopped that by calling out, “Whismur, snap to it and defend yourself!” As soon as she said it, she felt that she should have been more specific.

Whismur did get out of panic mode on hearing Willow; she responded by twitching her ears back and throwing a screen of smoke with them at her attacker.

That puzzled Willow. As far as she knew, her Whismur only knew two moves. That’s what her mother had said. Maybe she had given her a better Pokemon as a surprise. Willow had trusted her mother, though, and hadn’t bothered to actually check what moves Whismur knew. She’d have to look into that. But not now. The battle would move too quickly for that kind of research to be done. So that was three moves her Pokemon knew now.

“Just Pound on it for now,” she ordered. It was better than using unknown and unpredictable moves.

yougirasu
26th April 2010, 12:07 PM
Desert of Illusion - Please reply in darkorange

yougirasu: The vast, arid plains of the Desert of Illusion are stretched out before you. Miles upon miles of dry, barren land where only the hardiest can survive, and although you know Growlithe will utterly enjoy the blistering heat you're not sure you particularly want to be adding fuel to the fire and so decide to keep him safe and sound in his Pokéball for the time being. Setting out alone it isn't long before you're finding this trek is far more difficult than you'd initially imagined due to the harsh humidity, and as the day wears on it only becomes worse. For a place that's supposed to be full of life it appears to be rather barren, and just as you're beginning to wonder if you've perhaps chosen the wrong path on which to set out on your first journey you notice a curious rock formation ahead. Stepping up your pace you hurry along and soon find yourself staring at a series of five stone pillars arranged in a circular pattern around a smaller stone pedestal set in the centre. Stepping up for a closer look you note that the pedestal is more like a bird bath which is a little curious considering it's located in the middle of the desert. You notice inscriptions on the pillars but they are written in ancient text which doesn't help at all, and just as you're thinking it's time to move on you you notice a little Torkoal with attitude staring up at you angrily. "Tork!" it grunts, taking a step closer as it blows a smoky warning. "Tork!" it grunts again, this time nodding its head out toward the desert as though telling you to move on or else. "Or else what?", you ask yourself, wondering if you should just do as Torkoal wants or if you should be asking yourself if you have a bad case of heat stroke and are just imagining that a little turtle out in the middle of the desert is right now handing you an ultimatum...


As Yougi continued his journey through what seemed to be a never ending desert he began to find things far harder than he had anticipated. The harshness of the humidity of the desert is slowly eating away at his strength while his skin feels like it's on fire as the sunlight rains down upon it. His skin that is protected by his clothing is going through a very different hell as the sweat begins to seep out causing it to feel quite prickly and itchy and every movement made it more agonising, and the day wasn't even half done yet. As the day slowly drags on in a place where time seems to have no meaning, Yougirasu notices that there are so few pokemon within the area. 'Even for a desert, you'd think there'd be more pokemon about.' thought Yougi as he wandered aimlessly, kicking a stray tumble-weed as he did. The whole environment lacked anything that resembled life, there wasn't even any wind blowing to move the few plants that were dotted around or the rogue tumble-weed that you'd expect to catch you off guard.

"Maybe this was the wrong path to take when I'm just starting." Yougi exclaimed realising that no one was around to care what he said, but clapped his hand over his mouth as soon as he finished, realising that his tongue was now quite painful and suspected that the heat was to blame. He opened his eyes as the pain began to subside and something caught his eye, something he hadn't noticed before. On the horizon were what seemed to be some highly curious, very vertical rocks.

Forgetting everything that had just happened, Yougi shouted, almost yelling "Shade!" and again clapped his hand to his mouth, but set of in a hurry to this new formation that would be likely to provide him some relief from the sun.

The crunching of the sand seemed somewhat different as Yougi reached the rock pillars that had once decorated his horizon. He could tell right away that they weren't natural, 'Far to vertical and not jagged enough to be truly natural, 'Yougi thought 'what could they be doing here?' As he placed himself against one of the pillars and dropped his backpack at the base he looked around and surveyed the scene. It was then, as he stood in the shade of the nearest rock that the shape the rocks formed seemed to be easier to observe. They were in crude pentagonal positions, 'possibly trying to make a circle with 5 pillars' he thought to himself, still not risking exposing his tongue to the heat. The pedestal at the exact centre of all five pillars caught Yougi's attention next due to the fact that it looked quite similar to the bird baths that you'd find in peoples gardens. It was especially strange due to the fact that the desert couldn't possibly have been any drier, Yougi was sure he was the closest thing to water the place had seen in quite a while. He stood pondering the whole area, believing that it could have been for rituals, while leaning against the same pillar whose shade he had been enjoying for quite some time. Yougi flinched suddenly as he thought the rock would have been scorching to the touch due to the sun, even if it was in the shade, but as he put his hand back down the pillar was the coolest thing around. Yougi, quite naively, put his forehead against the rock in attempt to cool as much of himself as possible and as he did noticed groves in the rocks that could have been text, although he couldn't read it. He rubbed his fingers over these groves, trying to make out anything that he could possibly understand as he rested, but found himself quite frustrated at not being able to make out anything legible.

Yougi lent down, quite slowly to grab his backpack by one of its straps, quite content to leave the formation behind, believing that it was just an old relic when something else catches his eye. Barely in his field of vision, a young looking Torkoal stands and it seemed to be in quite a mood with him. It's attitude was undeniable as it took a step towards Yougi, with a fiercely angry look upon it's face, spoke a well pronounced 'Tork!' and released a barrage of smoke forcefully out of it's nostrils.

"Tork!" the Torkoal grunts again, quite forcefully, gesturing out towards the desert with a similar force. It's mood seeming to worsen each time it has to talk to you.

'It wants me to move on,' thought Yougi 'and it's being quite pushy about it.' That was the thing that he just couldn't stand, if it hadn't been so forceful he would have been more inclined to move on, but the Torkoals gestures felt more like ultimatums rather than anything else. Yougi supposed that he could do as the little turtle asked of him, but he was quite a stuborn person and refused to be pushed out of somewhere by force. He eye stubborn d up the Torkoal, quite carefully as to try not to provoke an aggressive response from it and then he did something that possibly shocked the Torkoal.

Yougi took a step away from the Torkoal, making sure he was fully in the shade of one of the pillars and dropped his backpack, that had been in his hand the whole time, to his feet. He bent down towards it and instead of picking it up, dropped to the sand and sat crossed legged facing the aggressive Torkoal. He kept his backpack at his feet and folded his arms in defiance, being sure to keep one hand on the pokeball that contained his Growlithe and the other on Aerodactyl. 'If he get to aggressive and comes at me with a fire based attack I'm best using Growlithe as a defence with flash fire,' Yougi thought while staring at Torkoal, 'and if it comes at me with anything else Aerodactyls rugged defence will provide some protection. I just hope it doesn't come to that.'

bigtukker
26th April 2010, 9:34 PM
bigtukker: Walking through the forest you can't help but wonder what kind of Pokémon you'll meet on your journeys ahead. Your future looks bright, you have new lands to explore, many people and Pokémon to meet, and a team to fill. What that team will end up being is anyone's guess at this point in time, but it's still exciting to think about. For now, however, you feel it's best to concentrate on the present, and as you walk through the forest are fascinated by the sights and sounds around you. This place is full of life, and while the Pokémon who dwell here may be a little shy when it comes to strangers, you know they are there. You can hear their movements in the trees, their cries in the distance, and can't wait until you have the opportunity to battle one of them. Eventually you walk into a clearing where a bunch of Yanma have gathered, most likely to feed from the succulent syrup and pollen found in the flowers in this clearing, all but one of them fleeing into the forest upon your approach. Not sure whether to be happy or disappointed that you've come across a Pokémon who appears to be rather curious about you, you ponder how to react as Yanma moves in closer...


The cries in the distance were quite clear. Spearow, Butterfree, Beedrill, Hoppip, they were all hearable in at most one hundred meters. These sounds made Andrew even more exciting, resulting in making him increase his pace. There! There was a clearing, let’s put some pace in it, were Andrews thoughts. Eventually he walked into a clearing. A lot of Yanma were gathered around this place, trying to feed themselves with the sweet syrup and pollen from the flowers decorating the clearing.

“Cool!” Andrew said “Yanma!” He put his Pokédex out of his pocket. A mechanic voice began to sound: “Yanma, the Clear Wing Pokémon, Yanma can flap its wings faster to generate a shockwave capable of shattering windows.”

Oops! To loud! A lot of the Clear Wing Pokémon fled into the far distance, leaving one of the group behind. This particular specimen was clearly scanning Andrew with its large eyes – or whatever those things on the front of their heads are. It was quite a strange feeling. A wild Pokémon? So tame? So curious? Slowly the Yanma decreases the distance with the brand new Pokémon Trainer.

Andrew became nervous. What should he do? Should he let the Yanma examine himself? Should he catch it? But then he has to hurt it to weaken it. Andrew closed his eyes and thought.
“I am a Pokémon Trainer. If I can’t capture this Yanma, because I don’t wanna hurt it. What kind of Trainer am I?”
Andrew opened his eyes again and released Chimchar from his Poké Ball.
“Yanma, I challenge you to a battle!” Andrew said hoping Yanma was able to understand him.

“Chimchar, use Taunt if it wants to get away, but use Ember if it attacks!”

Atari
27th April 2010, 3:29 AM
Atari: Gazing over the vast expanse of desert surrounding you, you take a deep drink of water from you canteen before looking down at Duskull who is floating alongside you. Kurai's expression is unreadable, but if she's feeling anywhere near as exhausted as you are right now then she's certainly doing a wonderful job of concealing it. You knew the desert would be hot but had still been unprepared for just how unrelenting this harsh and arid terrain would be, and can't help but wonder if you've made the right decision of travelling out here in search of a couple of villages that really are nothing but legend. You're low on supplies, and even more concerning is that you're running low on water with no sign of life in the immediate vicinity. If you don't find some source of shelter and refreshment soon then not finding a mythical village, which in all likelihood doesn't even exist, is going to be the least of your worries. Putting your water away you continue on your journey gazing listlessly at the Cacturne dotting the desert. Eventually you see a flock of Spearow flying overhead, and believing there must be some source of food and water nearby if there are birds this far out in the desert, decide to follow along in the direction they had flown when you come across a little Numel who is standing in your path. It gazes up at you grumpily, snorts a couple of times, paws the ground with its front leg, then grunts out a challenge. It appears this little one is up for a battle...
Asuka quietly begged for some type of natural reservoir so she could cool herself from the nearly unbearable heat her and Kurai were travelling against. Although her stomach growled from lack of food, she repeatedly reminded herself they had to ration what supplies were left until absolutely necessary. Taking notice of the Spearow flying over head, she repeatedly assured herself their journey wouldn't last for too much longer, even though she had no idea how much longer their search would continue.

Eventually, after what seemed like an eternity of baking in the sun although only a few hundred seconds, Kurai noticed something off in the distance. He nudged Asuka to look in the same direction. They kept walking toward it, and at the same time the figure began taking shape as it slowly approached them. "It's hard to tell exactly what that is... Maybe a Numel...?" Asuka tiredly asked Kurai.

Soon they approached the Pokemon, and as they both saw Asuka was right in her guess. The Numel seemed extremely frustrated for some reason, stomping it's feet and blatantly letting out a few grunts. "I really don't have time for this..." Asuka mumbled aloud. She then tried to lead Kurai to walk around the Numel, ignorantly assuming the Numel would ignore them and continue down it's path. However, the Numel remained persistent in not allowing her to pass. "You're not going to give up without a fight, are you?" Asuka rhetorically questioned the Numel. She snapped a glance to Kurai, who nodded the consent to begin the battle.

"This should be an absolute cinch. First, use your Foresight to negate any chance of evading a Faint Attack. Remember, the only thing you'll have to worry about right now is avoiding any fire moves it may throw out while you're close to it." Asuka instructed to her Duskull.

Also, I apologize for not making this clearer in my previous post, but if it makes any difference Kurai's gender is male.

Dramon
27th April 2010, 5:20 AM
Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

Dramon: Wth Jinx's antics having already exhausted you, you look around the forest hoping your feathered friend hasn't scared off any Pokémon you may have had the opportunity to come across. Perhaps this is the case, perhaps not, but the Forest of Mystery is a big place so there is still plenty of opportunity to meet the native wildlife. Shooting the Murkrow a look that clearly states you're less than impressed, Jinx responds only by fluffing up his feathers and preening them to show he's not at all bothered by your oh-so-serious nature. Sighing inwardly you wonder if Jinx will ever take things seriously, when suddenly you hear the foliage to your right rustling madly. Jinx looks up, and from atop his tree stump stares curiously into the forest as the rustling moves closer. Feeling a little nervous as you're not sure what is approaching, you're wondering if you should hide when a frightened little Venonat crashes through the bushes and stops dead in its tracks upon seeing the two of you staring at it. Thinking that it looks like it's about to keel over you're wondering if you should help it when another figure comes crashing through the bushes. Venonat squeaks with fright and continues racing off into the trees on the other side of the trail as the Pinsir who had been chasing it skids to a stop. Its eyes narrow when it spies the two of you and you can almost see its brain ticking over. Fight the new ones, or chase the old one? It appears to think that neither you or Jinx are a threat, however, and races off into the forest to continue its pursuit of Venonat, a fact Jinx doesn't appear to be at all too thrilled about. He ruffles his feathers indignantly, caws his displeasure, and looks ready to take off into the bushes after the Stagbeetle Pokémon. It seems your parter wants to prove himself here, but you're not quite sure he's ready to be taking on such a fearsome looking Pokémon. But then again, what about that frightened little Venonat Pinsir is chasing? Should you help it, or simply continue on your path in search of a less dangerous adventure?


Glaring at Jinx, the bird replied with fluffing his feathers and ignoring him completley. Looks like he's never going to take things like this seriously, is he? Wondering about what to do next, a ruffling sound came up from the bushes in front of the bickering two. The culprit had revealed itself to be a Venonat, looking around franticly. The pokemon looked at them for a brief moment before taking off to another part of the bushes, as if it was scared of something. It keeled over right in front of them. Panicking, the boy began running toward the Venonat, but another sound ripped through the silence of the forest, and the Venonat, seemingly recvived a second wind, tore off into the trees frightened."What the heck was up with that?" Devan muttered out loud. As if a sign from a diety, another ruffling sound from the bushes came up, but this one seemed a lot bigger, and traveling faster.

He began walking backwards slowly, while Jinx had watched the entire thing from his tree stump. A pinsir emerged from the bushes, it's head moving rapidly around the entire place. The Pokemon finally noticed them, eyed them up and down, then rolled its eyes, assuming as if they weren't a threat, and tore off in the same direction into the trees, after the Venonat. The Murkrow didn't take lightly to this, and began cawwing in displeasure and began flapping his wings, flying over to Devan, who had a scared look mixed with confusion on his face. He wanted to prove to that Stagbeetle that he wasn't a minor thing to look over, he had to pay.

The boy saw the look in the Crow Pokemon's eye, and wondered what should he do? Go after the Pinsir, who was apperantly after the Venonat, at least that was what he thought. "I don't know Jinx....He could be stronger than you, by a lot really...."
He began. "But I'm worried about that Venonat, so maybe we should go...." That was all the confirmation the Murkrow needed before he sped off in the same direction as the StagBeetle Pokemon, and a flustered human following behind him. He hoped nothing bad would happen during this enitre ordeal, but things never worked out well for him anyways.


Sorry for the short post, I'm on a limited time frame.

Raddaya
3rd May 2010, 12:57 PM
Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

Rangeet: Standing upon the outskirts of the Forest of Adventure, Peeves blinks blankly at you when you release Torchic as he knows you expect the little fire chick to play body guard and keep an eye on him. Torchic appears just as bemused, shrugging apologetically before winking at Rotom as you stride off into the forest without a backward glance. The two Pokémon follow along behind, more interested in the scenery and the wild Pokémon they're catching glimpses of through the thick foliage than of rushing along the trail on this beautiful day. Eager to find some adventure you lead the way, impressed by the sunlight that is filtering through the canopy of leaves above which gives your surroundings a bright and airy atmosphere. Bird Pokémon are flitting between the trees, chirping and singing happily, while the rustling foliage around you tells you the Pokémon who live here are a little wary of humans and aren't too willing to show themselves although they appear to be keeping an eye on you. It's when you hear Torchic giggling that you become curious, however, as you have to wonder what he's finding so funny when you turn around to see him practically doubled over with laughter after a little Wurmple has decided to hitch a ride on Rotom's head. Peeves appears rather amused as well as it seems he's made a friend, but you're not quite sure whether to be berating them and telling them to attack the little Worm Pokémon, or to join in on the laughter...


]
Please excuse my lateness, I think you got my PM. As an added note, I've been very very busy, so excuse the shortness of this and any more late replies. I'll prolly get stuff done in a week though.
Rangeet was very surprised to see Torchic laughing like a 2 year old baby. Turning around, he was no less surprised to see a Wurmple on Peeves' head. Seeing this, Rangeet's mind worked quickly. He thought, "If I make friends with this Wurmple, the wild pokemon might be less unfriendly. Anyway Wurmple aren't all that strong." He grinned at the worm and said, "Hey, nice to see you've made a friend. Peeves, doesn't look like you're too cut up about it." Then whipping around to Torchic, he said in a mock schoolteacher voice: "Hey Torchic, it's not nice to laugh at someone!" barely hiding his own laughs. Eventually he turned to the Wurmple again, "Hitching a ride might be fun, but we're going deep into the jungle in search for a strong pokemon to catch. You sure it won't be too dangerous?" Saying this, he eagerly waited for a sign as to how dangerous this forest could be...

Again, sorry for the...lameness :x

enchantress
1st August 2010, 10:02 AM
It's time I deliver a huge apology to each and every one of you here in the Arcane Realm. Without posting a huge essay with a barrage of excuses as to why I've not updated I've instead accepted an offer of help from another FB updator who is willing to take over and get you guys through this zone. I'm sure you'll all understand my situation if I explained what's been going on but this doesn't change the fact I'm of little use to any of you at the moment. This should change in several weeks, but that's still several weeks more than you should have to wait considering you've already waited long enough.

So again, I'm sorry for having let you down. It's the first time in more than six years that I've failed to deliver and I'm ashamed of myself for it, but I guess my time had to come eventually. It's just a shame you guys had to be at the receiving end of it.

Before we get started, however, I have a quick message for CyberBlastoise and that is that I'm sorry, but I couldn't have updated you even if I did post sooner. In the past I've come under fire for being too strict on what constitutes self-updating. Upon reading your introduction to the Arcane Realm my first instinct was to ask you to rewrite it as I saw a clear case of self updating present. I decided, however, that perhaps it was time to listen to what others have been saying and to give you the benefit of doubt, assuming that you were simply being creative with your intro. This was my mistake, and for that I apologise as I should have asked you to rewrite your introduction post. If you'd like me to give you a full run-down of the most obvious mistakes that have been made I'll be happy to address the issue via PM, but in the meantime I'm going to ask you to please write another intro to the Arcane Realm, this time RPing your arrival on the shore of the Ocean of Mystery with no NPC involvement as I believe it best to keep it as simple as possible until you have the hang of update-based RPG's.

CyberBlastoise
1st August 2010, 7:26 PM
hehe, sorry about Enchantress, I was unaware that NPC involvement also was self-updating. Eh, I guess that proves how much of a n00b i am. Though I learned from my mistake so instead here's a post of me capturing a Mewtwo...oops I mean a redo on the intro post.


[size=1]The Ocean of Mystery (Please reply in DeepSkyBlue)
An ocean with many mysteries that have yet to be solved. Only those with Water Type Pokémon can travel these seas, as whenever a ship has set sail, they have never again been seen. What has happened to these ships, their crew and passengers, is anyone's guess, but few are willing to take their chances by travelling out by boat.


Bill Darius headed to the shore of the Ocean of Mystery. He had heard all the legends and mysteries surrounding this...well...this mysterious ocean. About how people come in, but no one comes back out. He knew an adventure when he saw it, not to mention that all his current pokemon are Water-typed. The waves of the ocean were enough for his Pokemon to get excited. Bill looked out into the sparkling ocean admiring its beauty as he looked out into the serene depths. Because of the legends, no boat rental place within Bill's price range was available, so he had to start from the shore, or rather the Tide Pools. Despite the dangers of doing that, Bill found that to be the quickest way toward the ocean. Bill approached the sea with some scuba equipment he had brought with him before. While Silver, his Squirtle, and Gold, his Totodile, were great swimmers, he decided that the best one to travel with would be Savage, his Carvanha. After all, Savage was a sea-water Pokemon to begin with, and he was also Bill's fastest swimmer in the team.

"Are you ready, Savage?" Bill asked as he put his goggles in place over his head.

The Carvanha did not answer with words but rather with his expression. He happily swam back and forth between the entrance of the exit and the closest that he could get to Bill. "All right, all right, let's go." He grabbed the Carvanha's rough body and both swam out into the Ocean of Mystery. What awaited them? Perhaps treasure, perhaps adventure, perhaps even a Tentacool that is a champion at Dance Dance Revolution.

PeeGee
3rd August 2010, 11:14 AM
Well hello everybody, I am Food Guy, also known as PikaGod on UPN and I am going to be taking over updating you bunch of scallywags. I know that my updates won't be as good as enchantress' but I hope that they will be good enough. And just so that everybody who is in a battle knows, you can order up to three attacks per post.

Ancient Tomb

Ysavvryl: Aipom suddenly stops as the Smokescreen invades its vision. It wildly swats at the smoke, and as it finally manages to get rid of it, the monkey is treated to the sight of Whismur charging at it, her little arm raised up. As Whismur brings her arm down, Aipom jumps aside and grabs a handful of sand. It throws the sand in your pokemon's eyes, and as the sand connects with her eyes, she squeals in pain. However, Aipom doesn't stop there. It jumps at Whismur and Scratches at the normal type's body. Letting out another squeal, Whismur manages to connect a Pound. The attack sends the purple monkey flying backwards, but it regains itself and throws itself at Whismur, Scratching at your pokemon. It seems that Aipom is itching for a fight and to protect its treasure, which is still lying on the ground near you.

What will you do?

Desert of Illusion

yougirasu: The Torkoal stares at you, obviously not happy that you are in its area. It blows a puff of smoke, yet another warning to get out. When it becomes apparent to the fire type that you aren't going anywhere, it lets out a not too threatening roar. Rearing its head, Torkoal charges at you, its mouth starting to open. Seeing that its about to release a fire attack, you raise your Growlithe's pokeball and open it. Just as the fire tortoise breathes out an Ember, Growlithe jumps in front of you. The flames lick against the dog's fur, but due to his ability nothing happens. Torkoal glared at Growlithe and coughed out a cloud of Smog. The cloud makes its way towards your pokemon, but he is unable to jump out of the way. At a loss as to what to do, you are about to issue some orders when you the ground underneath you begins to rumble. The ground continues to shake, when suddenly a large pokemon bursts up from it. You look at the pokemon, and you see that the gargantuan pokemon is in fact an Onix. Torkoal looks at you, and you sense that perhaps Torkoal has a reason for you to keep away. Onix lets out a roar and you see that perhaps you might have a bit of trouble on your hands.

What will you do?

Atari: Nodding his head, your Duskull stares intensely at Numel, gaining the Foresight of the fire/ground type's whereabouts in the future. The camel pokemon stares at the ghost before Growling at Kurai, making him cower a little bit. Kurai shakes his head before he suddenly disappears. Numel starts to look left to right, confused about your pokemon's whereabouts. Still looking from left to right, the fire/ground type failed to notice that Kurai had reappeared right behind it. The Duskull narrows his eye before slamming into Numel. The pokemon is thrown forward, its eyes wide open in surprise. It falls face first into the sand, and when it props itself back up, the Numel spits out an Ember at Kurai. The Duskull tries to avoid the fire, but his side is clipped by the flames. He falls down in pain, hissing through his teeth, but Kurai gets up and stares at Numel.

What will you do?

Forest of Adventure

bigtukker: Chimchar nods his head and faces Yanma, getting ready to fight the bug pokemon. He starts to taunt Yanma, only for the bug to completely ignore the attack, much to your frustration. The bug turned around and started to fly away. Not wanting to lose the pokemon, you and Chimchar run after it. You follow it through forest, your surroundings all looking the same. Finally you burst out of the trees into another clearing, and this time the clearing has a whole ton less Yanma. This time the clearing has but two Yanma, the Yanma that you had been chasing before hand and another of the bug pokemon. This Yanma is wailing in pain, the bottom half of its body trapped in an Ursaring trap (Think Bear Trap). The metal jaw of doom and death appears to be firmly stuck in the Yanma's abdomen, and just opening the trap willy nilly doesn't appear to be the best course of action that you could take.

What will you do?

Dramon: You chase after your Murkrow, who in turn is chasing after Pinsir, who in turn is chasing Venonat. The forest around you speeds past in a blur, your mind set on getting to Jinx. You stop for a moment, needing to get some air back into your lungs, and you listen to the forest around you. You can hear the different chirping and growling of other pokemon, until finally you hear Jinx cry out. Tearing off in that direction you burst into a small clearing and find Jinx hovering in front of Pinsir, protecting Venonat. You see a fierce determination in your pokemon's eyes, and pride rises from your heart. But there is situation at hand and you must focus on reality. It is obvious that Jinx wants protect Venonat, and Pinsir definitely wants to fight.

What shall you do?

Rangeet: Upon hearing your question Wurmple looks at you curiously. Its eyes look up and down your body, as if it's sizing you up. Not being able to give a spoken answer, due to the ever so obvious fact that it is a pokemon, Wurmple nods its head and shudders in fright. Peeves and Torchic look up at you with concern, each of them worried about what possibly could be in the forest. Suddenly you hear a tearing noise, and Wurmple jumps to the ground and curls up in fright. Not being an idiot, you realise that perhaps the noise might possibly be one of the things that is considered to be dangerous in the forest. Even though the noise has stopped Wurmple remains curled up in a ball, and whatever is in the forest must be awfully frightful.

What will you do?

Ocean of Mystery

CyberBlastoise: You dive into the water letting go of you Carvanha as you do so, Savage following you down. The water/dark type looks thrilled to be in the water, swimming around in circles around you. You smile at Savage and keep swimming. You pass several aquatic pokemon, a Chinchou, several Clamperl nestled on the sea bed, and a school of Goldeen pass by you. You look to your side, expecting to see your Carvanha eagerly swimming beside you. Instead you see nothing. Looking around in panic, you are relieved to see that Savage has swum to the surface of the ocean. Kicking your way up, you break the surface and see a small fishing boat, the bottom of which blended in with the ocean. A man on the boat looks across and sees you, and he starts to wave you and Savage over. Not seeing any reason to not do so, you swim over to the boat and the man starts to speak.

"It is not wise to go out swimming at the moment," he started, "There is a fierce creature out there, and it has already taken several lives. I think that you should get on my boat and I will take you back into shore."

The man's revelations are surprising to say the least, but the story of the creature is also intriguing.

What will you do?

Raddaya
3rd August 2010, 11:26 AM
Forest of Adventure



Rangeet: Upon hearing your question Wurmple looks at you curiously. Its eyes look up and down your body, as if it's sizing you up. Not being able to give a spoken answer, due to the ever so obvious fact that it is a pokemon, Wurmple nods its head and shudders in fright. Peeves and Torchic look up at you with concern, each of them worried about what possibly could be in the forest. Suddenly you hear a tearing noise, and Wurmple jumps to the ground and curls up in fright. Not being an idiot, you realise that perhaps the noise might possibly be one of the things that is considered to be dangerous in the forest. Even though the noise has stopped Wurmple remains curled up in a ball, and whatever is in the forest must be awfully frightful.

What will you do?


"Oh damn, not good", muttered Rangeet. "Torchic, Peeves! Get yourselves ready, we might be in some trouble here!", he said out loud. Peering at the place the place the noise came from, he shuddered. "Should I go there or stay?...Blah, I'll flip a coin." Seeing the result of the coin, Rangeet took a few deep breaths and motioned to his pokemon. He walked towards the direction of the noise...

Sorry for the shortness, I couldn't particularly think of much else to write.

PeeGee
3rd August 2010, 12:54 PM
Forest of Adventure

Rangeet: You and your pokemon each take a deep breath as you step into forest. You slowly walk through the tree laden area, carefully checking to see if there is anything near you. Each step you take makes you think about what could have possibly made the tearing noise that you heard. Suddenly a twig breaks behind you, and you and your two pokemon turn around in surprise. Relief washes over you when you see that it is merely Wurmple. The caterpillar must have come in after you, despite the fact that it had been evidently scared by whatever was in the forest. The Wurmple wriggles over to Peeves and crawls up on his head, as it had done before. You turn back around and continue to walk through the forest. Soon you realise that the light that had previously shone through the leaves, was nearly all gone, increasing the feeling of paranoia that you have. The tearing noise suddenly bursts back into life, and you start to look around wildly. The noise starts to get closer and closer to you and the three pokemon. You hear a rustling noise, and out of the trees bursts a Scyther! The bug pokemon slashes at you, and just manages to miss you. It appears that this is the creature that frightened Wurmple beforehand, and it wants to fight.

What shall you do?

Raddaya
3rd August 2010, 1:57 PM
OOC: It's a Combusken now. Sorry. Also, that was fast o.O


Forest of Adventure

Rangeet: You and your pokemon each take a deep breath as you step into forest. You slowly walk through the tree laden area, carefully checking to see if there is anything near you. Each step you take makes you think about what could have possibly made the tearing noise that you heard. Suddenly a twig breaks behind you, and you and your two pokemon turn around in surprise. Relief washes over you when you see that it is merely Wurmple. The caterpillar must have come in after you, despite the fact that it had been evidently scared by whatever was in the forest. The Wurmple wriggles over to Peeves and crawls up on his head, as it had done before. You turn back around and continue to walk through the forest. Soon you realise that the light that had previously shone through the leaves, was nearly all gone, increasing the feeling of paranoia that you have. The tearing noise suddenly bursts back into life, and you start to look around wildly. The noise starts to get closer and closer to you and the three pokemon. You hear a rustling noise, and out of the trees bursts a Scyther! The bug pokemon slashes at you, and just manages to miss you. It appears that this is the creature that frightened Wurmple beforehand, and it wants to fight.

What shall you do?

"If it's a fight you want, it's a fight you'll get!", said Rangeet. He turned to his Combusken. "Let's do this, buddy!" Combusken seemed to agree. "OK, go! Heat Wave and Crossfire, let's start off!"

He then turned to Peeves. "Take care of Weedle, K?"

PeeGee
4th August 2010, 1:27 AM
Rangeet, I need you to re reply to your last update. I was willing to let your first short reply go, but you need to make it longer. Take a little bit of time and look how your other AR members are writing. Directly stealing a quote from enchantress when I was first a part of FB - When replying, think about the situation you're in. What are your thoughts? What are your feelings? Given a real life situation, and in the FB world your adventures are "real" in a sense, how will you react to whatever situation you've just found yourself in? Surely you're not going to come across something like an enraged Tauros and say, "Blaze, use Flamethrower!" Your initial reaction is going to be something along the lines of "Holy S***! WTF am I going to do now?!" You're most likely going to be ready to pee your pants, so RP that into your reply. Show some emotion. Show some feeling. Think about what you would do if you find yourself in the situation you're facing and RP it into your reply before you start thinking, "Blaze! use Flamethrower!" Trust me, your replies will be a hell of a lot more believable, and one thousand times better than charging straight in to attack. FB is about role playing so the sooner you start working on getting into character and putting as much into your replies as you can, the sooner you'll be free of me and out there adventuring in mainstream zones.

Raddaya
4th August 2010, 3:42 AM
Forest of Adventure

Rangeet: You and your pokemon each take a deep breath as you step into forest. You slowly walk through the tree laden area, carefully checking to see if there is anything near you. Each step you take makes you think about what could have possibly made the tearing noise that you heard. Suddenly a twig breaks behind you, and you and your two pokemon turn around in surprise. Relief washes over you when you see that it is merely Wurmple. The caterpillar must have come in after you, despite the fact that it had been evidently scared by whatever was in the forest. The Wurmple wriggles over to Peeves and crawls up on his head, as it had done before. You turn back around and continue to walk through the forest. Soon you realise that the light that had previously shone through the leaves, was nearly all gone, increasing the feeling of paranoia that you have. The tearing noise suddenly bursts back into life, and you start to look around wildly. The noise starts to get closer and closer to you and the three pokemon. You hear a rustling noise, and out of the trees bursts a Scyther! The bug pokemon slashes at you, and just manages to miss you. It appears that this is the creature that frightened Wurmple beforehand, and it wants to fight.

What shall you do?

"...Huh? What? Whoa!" Rangeet narrowly managed to dodge the Slash. Pity that sent his heart pounding, because he may have made a less rash decision then. His face a canvas of fear, it was almost possible to see his neurons firing. He seemed to make a movement as if to turn and run, but his legs were stuck to the ground. However, seeing the enraged Scyther, he seemed to recover his senses. Knowing it was too late to run, he took a deep breath. "Blaze, I need your help. Heat Wave and Crossfire." It seemed Blaze was as scared as him, he hoped it wouldn't show in this battle...

CyberBlastoise
5th August 2010, 11:26 PM
Ocean of Mystery

CyberBlastoise: You dive into the water letting go of you Carvanha as you do so, Savage following you down. The water/dark type looks thrilled to be in the water, swimming around in circles around you. You smile at Savage and keep swimming. You pass several aquatic pokemon, a Chinchou, several Clamperl nestled on the sea bed, and a school of Goldeen pass by you. You look to your side, expecting to see your Carvanha eagerly swimming beside you. Instead you see nothing. Looking around in panic, you are relieved to see that Savage has swum to the surface of the ocean. Kicking your way up, you break the surface and see a small fishing boat, the bottom of which blended in with the ocean. A man on the boat looks across and sees you, and he starts to wave you and Savage over. Not seeing any reason to not do so, you swim over to the boat and the man starts to speak.

"It is not wise to go out swimming at the moment," he started, "There is a fierce creature out there, and it has already taken several lives. I think that you should get on my boat and I will take you back into shore."

The man's revelations are surprising to say the least, but the story of the creature is also intriguing.

What will you do?

As Bill contemplated on all the man told him, he thought about what he saw at the bottom of the ocean. There was no fierce creature as far as he saw, so perhaps the man was being paranoid, but Bill had heard numerous stories that matched what the man might have said. Being curious, Bill thought that perhaps it would be better that he dived underwater and see for himself, if it was a creatures as fierce as he said, then he would think of a way to hastily retreat, and if there was no creature, he could continue his investigation.

"Sorry, sir," called Bill, "but I didn't come here just to turn around."

Savage, Bill's Carvanha, called out, "Carv-Carvanha," it started to flit back and forth underwater telling Bill that it too had decided to dive underwater. Bill knew how difficult it would be to call commands underwater, as there was the breathing underwater issue, so he told Savage, "Okay, we run into such a creature, I think our best bet is to see if it as fierce as that man implies. If we meet it, start off with Focus Energy so that we can be ready, then if the creature starts to attack either one of us, use your Ancient Power followed by Bite, but if he does not attack, then you don't either, understand?"

"Carvanha," it replied with a surprisingly happy tone as though it was wanting to fight such a creature.

yougirasu
6th August 2010, 5:23 PM
Desert of Illusion

yougirasu: The Torkoal stares at you, obviously not happy that you are in its area. It blows a puff of smoke, yet another warning to get out. When it becomes apparent to the fire type that you aren't going anywhere, it lets out a not too threatening roar. Rearing its head, Torkoal charges at you, its mouth starting to open. Seeing that its about to release a fire attack, you raise your Growlithe's pokeball and open it. Just as the fire tortoise breathes out an Ember, Growlithe jumps in front of you. The flames lick against the dog's fur, but due to his ability nothing happens. Torkoal glared at Growlithe and coughed out a cloud of Smog. The cloud makes its way towards your pokemon, but he is unable to jump out of the way. At a loss as to what to do, you are about to issue some orders when you the ground underneath you begins to rumble. The ground continues to shake, when suddenly a large pokemon bursts up from it. You look at the pokemon, and you see that the gargantuan pokemon is in fact an Onix. Torkoal looks at you, and you sense that perhaps Torkoal has a reason for you to keep away. Onix lets out a roar and you see that perhaps you might have a bit of trouble on your hands.

What will you do?

Yougi felt that he was well prepared for the Torkoals actions but was caught a little off guard. As the fire type blew out one more stream of smoke as a threat that fell on a stubborn Yougi, it let out a 'Tork' of a roar, raised it's head back and moved in for a more threatening form of 'intimidation'.

As Yougi noticed the flickering of flames within Torkoals mouth, he instinctively whipped Growlithes pokeball round in a flash and released him in between himself and the Torkoal. As the Ember is unleashed by Torkoal, Growlithe makes a jump towards the flames and they end up just licking against his soft fur as the attack is neutralised by his effective ability. The Torkoal continues and catches Yougi off guard with a Smog attack. Growlithe is unable to leap away from the toxic fumes and is enveloped slightly.

Slightly unsure of how to react, Yougirasu is ready to give his orders towards Growlithe.
"Okay buddie, thanks for the protection back there bu-" He's cut short as the earth around him rumbles violently. He's unsure if the pillar he's backed against will even withstand such a tremor.

As the tremors continue, the sand just to the side of the structure that Yougi's within shifts viciously and an enormous creature bursts out from within the sand. He has to strain his neck to see the creatures head, but instantly recognises it as an Onix, and a big one at that. As he looks back down, he catches a look from Torkoal and sees that there may have been a good reason for it trying to turn him away. A huge roar from the Onix shakes the environment and small stones tumble all around them.

Yougi's first instinct now is to run like crazy, but he was in the first place he'd found some shade and it was an interesting place to stand in. He really didn't want this aggressive Onix to change that. It seemed like the Onix was quite enraged and he suspected that he could lure the pokemon a small distance away, this was good as he could use the distance to protect the structure as he tried to repel the Onix. He had no idea if Torkoal would have any interest in trying to push the Onix away from their current location or if it'd attack if he did, but he had to do something to protect their current location. He called Growlithe to his side and moved in a very obvious fashion towards the open desert near the Onix hoping to draw it's attention. And as he moved, he called out his Aerodactyl from it's pokeball on his belt and called out to it.
"Aerodactyl, we're trying to keep that Onix away from that structure. It might follow us, so if it does attack it by striking it in the face with an Aqua Tail and then going in for a Steel Wing. Hopefully if we keep it's attention we can lead it further away."

Atari
7th August 2010, 7:12 AM
Desert of Illusion

Atari: Nodding his head, your Duskull stares intensely at Numel, gaining the Foresight of the fire/ground type's whereabouts in the future. The camel pokemon stares at the ghost before Growling at Kurai, making him cower a little bit. Kurai shakes his head before he suddenly disappears. Numel starts to look left to right, confused about your pokemon's whereabouts. Still looking from left to right, the fire/ground type failed to notice that Kurai had reappeared right behind it. The Duskull narrows his eye before slamming into Numel. The pokemon is thrown forward, its eyes wide open in surprise. It falls face first into the sand, and when it props itself back up, the Numel spits out an Ember at Kurai. The Duskull tries to avoid the fire, but his side is clipped by the flames. He falls down in pain, hissing through his teeth, but Kurai gets up and stares at Numel.
As the flames of Numel's Ember attack swiped against the Duskull, Asuka couldn't help but feel the same pain as the searing heat briskly struck her body. "Damn!" Asuka shrilled in disbelief as she was forced back a couple decimetres. The flames were definitely an unwelcome addition to the already unbearable heat. Her previous assumption of the difficulty of the battle rang false as she gazed at her wounded Duskull on the sand ridden terrain. "Kurai, are you okay?"

Kurai slowly ascended from the ground, making a seemingly quick recovery from the blow. He quickly glanced at Asuka with one eye, signaling that he was ready to continue. Then he turned back to Numel, giving the spotted camel-like Pokemon his attention, and readily anticipated another command from Asuka.

"We've got to make sure that that Numel won't use Ember again..." Asuka strategized in her thoughts. The heat was jolting fever through her body; she struggled to retain a clear train of thought. "K.. Kurai! Before it moves any closer, use Disable so it can't keep spitting out those flames. In case it tries to tackle you or anything else, try distracting it with a mirage from Night Shade while you get close enough to it to deliver another blow."

bigtukker
10th August 2010, 10:40 AM
Forest of Adventure

bigtukker: Chimchar nods his head and faces
Yanma, getting ready to fight the bug pokemon. He
starts to taunt Yanma, only for the bug to completely
ignore the attack, much to your frustration. The bug
turned around and started to fly away. Not wanting to
lose the pokemon, you and Chimchar run after it. You
follow it through forest, your surroundings all looking
the same. Finally you burst out of the trees into
another clearing, and this time the clearing has a
whole ton less Yanma. This time the clearing has but
two Yanma, the Yanma that you had been chasing before
hand and another of the bug pokemon. This Yanma is
wailing in pain, the bottom half of its body trapped
in an Ursaring trap (Think Bear Trap). The metal jaw
of doom and death appears to be firmly stuck in the
Yanma's abdomen, and just opening the trap willy nilly
doesn't appear to be the best course of action that you could take.

What will you do?




As Chimchar was completely ready to fight, he started taunting
Yanma, though Yanma wasn't really impressed by Chimchars foul words and
just flew away, much to Andrews frustration. Chimchar and Andrew started
to pursue Yanma. After a ten minute chase Chimchar and Andrew came in
another clearing. There were two Yanma, both trapped in an Ursaring trap
The jaws were very stuck in their bodies. Andrew tried to force them open
but no luck. The traps were too strong.

"Perhaps if you attack the traps," Andrew said to Chimchar, "Use your Ember at
those traps, but aim carefully"

PeeGee
18th August 2010, 4:22 AM
Okay first off, Rangeet and bigtukker need to rewrite their replies for the following reasons:

Rangeet: Your reply is too short and you aren't really showing emotion. Also you need to reply in size 1.

bigtukker: First off, don't mess with spacing. Second your reply is also too short, and you don't appear to have put an effort into writing it. You need to show some emotion about what is happening.

I want both of you to read the advice I gave earlier, and to look at your fellow AR members replies to get an idea about how to reply.

Ocean of Mystery

CyberBlastoise: Savage lets out a cry, signifying that he understands what he must do if you run into whatever had been plaguing the waters.

"Fine, ignore my advice," said the man, grouchiness tinging his voice.

He started up his boat and he drove away, muttering about people being ungrateful. Ignoring him, you turn towards Savage and motion to go down. The pair of you dive into the water, Savage having more ease than you. You swim down for a little while, observing the same pokemon that you had beforehand. Soon you have to come up for, being a human being and all, and when you break the surface you hear someone cry out. You realise that the person is the man that had offered you to get in his boat earlier! There several things you could do, you could dive back down and search for the monster or you could go and help the man.

What will you do?

Desert of Illusion

Yougirasu: As you and Growlithe start to run, it actually attracts the attention of Onix. The rock snake chases after the the pair of you, leaving large grooves is the sand as it does so. Seeing this as his cue, Aerodactyl zooms to the rock/ground type's face and slaps it in the face with an Aqua Tail. Onix shakes it head and turns its attention to Aerodactyl and opens its mouth. An earsplitting Screech erupted from its mouth, making everyone in its vicinity flinch in pain. Trying to ignore the pain in his ears, Aerodactyl's wing glows silver before the Steel Wing is grater along the side of Onix's head. The pokemon roars in pain and brings its tail up, Slamming it into Aerodactyl. The rock/flying type is sent to the ground, and is at the moment in no shape to defend you and Growlithe from the large rock snake. You look up in fear, as Onix opens its mouth and you close your eyes. Only for nothing to happen. Reopening your eyes, you see that Torkoal is now standing in front of you, and that it is currently keeping Onix away with a barrage of Embers.

What will you do?

Atari: Kurai nods his head and looks at Numel. A ghostly presence moves from the Duskull's mask and envelopes Numel, effectively Disabling the pokemon's use of Ember. Frustrated over its now lack of being able to use Ember, the fire/ground type charges at Kurai and tries to Tackle him. Tried being the keyword. Due to Kurai being a ghost type, Numel charges right through him. You and your pokemon start laughing at Numel's failed attack, an action that starts to infuriate Numel. Numel begins to shake, and to your surprise it spits out an Ember at Kurai! The fire attack hits your Duskull full on, and he hisses in pain. Glaring at Numel ghost energy bursts from his body, and the Night Shade circles the fire/ground type. It constricts the pokemon, hurting it, before dissipating.

What will you do?

CyberBlastoise
18th August 2010, 4:22 PM
Ocean of Mystery

CyberBlastoise: Savage lets out a cry, signifying that he understands what he must do if you run into whatever had been plaguing the waters.

"Fine, ignore my advice," said the man, grouchiness tinging his voice.

He started up his boat and he drove away, muttering about people being ungrateful. Ignoring him, you turn towards Savage and motion to go down. The pair of you dive into the water, Savage having more ease than you. You swim down for a little while, observing the same pokemon that you had beforehand. Soon you have to come up for, being a human being and all, and when you break the surface you hear someone cry out. You realise that the person is the man that had offered you to get in his boat earlier! There several things you could do, you could dive back down and search for the monster or you could go and help the man.

What will you do?


Bill had once again admired his surroundings, all the different pokemon swimming about with him, even Savage seemed to enjoy its majestic wonder. However, Bill needed to head back up to the surface as much as he enjoyed the surroundings, to see if any shore was nearby, perhaps to figure out his location. After he broke for the surface, he heard that man's cries. Bill was definitely an adventurer by heart, but he would not forsake someone's life or safety other than his own. He looked back toward where the man was. Then he turned toward the Ocean's direction...or at least the way that he was swimming, and, with his best Captain Ahab impression, stated, "I'll be back for you, you briny beast."

Bill sent out his Totodile, Gold, out into the water. Both Savage and Gold had both looked at Bill for instruction. "Okay, you two are faster swimmers than me, I want you both to go see where those cries are coming from, as well as examine the situation. I will be behind you trying to catch up. Don't worry about me until you see what is happening, understand?"

"Toto!" cried Gold as he swam toward the cries. Savage silently followed behind. He did not want to send out all three of his pokemon in case he ran into danger and needed someone to help him out. Silver, his Squirtle, still remained in the Pokeball, but Bill started to swim toward where Savage and Gold were swimming, fearing for the man's safety.

yougirasu
24th August 2010, 9:45 PM
Desert of Illusion

Yougirasu: As you and Growlithe start to run, it actually attracts the attention of Onix. The rock snake chases after the the pair of you, leaving large grooves is the sand as it does so. Seeing this as his cue, Aerodactyl zooms to the rock/ground type's face and slaps it in the face with an Aqua Tail. Onix shakes it head and turns its attention to Aerodactyl and opens its mouth. An earsplitting Screech erupted from its mouth, making everyone in its vicinity flinch in pain. Trying to ignore the pain in his ears, Aerodactyl's wing glows silver before the Steel Wing is grater along the side of Onix's head. The pokemon roars in pain and brings its tail up, Slamming it into Aerodactyl. The rock/flying type is sent to the ground, and is at the moment in no shape to defend you and Growlithe from the large rock snake. You look up in fear, as Onix opens its mouth and you close your eyes. Only for nothing to happen. Reopening your eyes, you see that Torkoal is now standing in front of you, and that it is currently keeping Onix away with a barrage of Embers.

What will you do?

Yougi and Growlithe both begin to dash across the sand and succeeded in attracting the Onix's attention as they made their way from the structure. As the Onix slithered through the sand after them, cutting large groves through the untouched sand as it did Aerodactyl put his part in the scheme into action.

Aerodactyl proceeded to dive towards the Onix, tail first, with it coated in watery energies. The aqua tail struck Onix in the face hard and as Aerodactyl used the momentum to spring himself back into flight, Onix turned it's attention away from Yougi and towards him. In a retaliation towards Aerodactyl's attack, Onix opened it's mouth and released a massive screech.

Everyone in the vicinity who had hands, clapped them to their ears with Growlithe making use of his paws as he slammed his face into the hot sand to reach his ears. Yougi was unsure as to how Torkoal was covering it's ears, but he could see Aerodactyl struggling to keep himself airborn as he was unable to protect himself. As the sound died out though, he regained his balance and turned back towards Onix with his wings aglow and charged in again.

This time, his wings sliced against the Onix's head, grating along the rocky surface to provide extra damage. The sensation made the Onix roar out in pain, but this motion covered it's attack from Aerodactyl as the Onix's tail slammed into Aerodactyl hard, knocking him out of the sky and into the sand with a buffered thud.

'At least the sand will have stopped the fall from doing to much damage' Yougi thought to himself, but Aerodactyl was clearly in no shape to be doing much more battling at the minute. He returned Aerodactyl to his Pokeball and looked up towards the large approaching Onix with no idea as to what he would do now.

The Onix opened it's mouth up wide, expecting the worst Yougi flinched, closing his eyes from what was going to happen to him. But he sensed no pain, nothing was hurting him except for the hot sun on his skin. Opening his eyes, Yougi saw an awe inspiring sight. Torkoal was stood between them and the Onix, launching a barrage of embers at the creature and managing to keep it at bay.

Yougi had no idea what to do now. He could simply turn tail and run, but that would leave the Torkoal to face the Onix alone and he suspected that the Torkoal wouldn't be able to keep itself safe against a Rock and Ground typed pokemon for long. He could help instead, but Aerodactyl who was his pokemon for every occasion due to his varied movepool had been knocked down. He looked back and saw how the flames from the ember seemed to be keeping the Onix back quite well and he made up his mind.

He looked at Growlithe, knowing he had three fire typed moves at his disposal but knew that one would likely hit Torkoal and the other might not be so effective. So he hedged his bets as he called to his partner to get him into the battle.
"Growlithe, we can't just leave Torkoal to deal with all this. Give it some back up by getting alongside it and using your Ember to help it out. If things start to get out of hand though, switch to your Heat Wave instead."

Atari
1st September 2010, 6:16 AM
Desert of Illusion

Atari: Kurai nods his head and looks at Numel. A ghostly presence moves from the Duskull's mask and envelopes Numel, effectively Disabling the pokemon's use of Ember. Frustrated over its now lack of being able to use Ember, the fire/ground type charges at Kurai and tries to Tackle him. Tried being the keyword. Due to Kurai being a ghost type, Numel charges right through him. You and your pokemon start laughing at Numel's failed attack, an action that starts to infuriate Numel. Numel begins to shake, and to your surprise it spits out an Ember at Kurai! The fire attack hits your Duskull full on, and he hisses in pain. Glaring at Numel ghost energy bursts from his body, and the Night Shade circles the fire/ground type. It constricts the pokemon, hurting it, before dissipating.

What will you do?
Once Kurai pulled off effectively disabling the Numel’s Ember attack, at least for the time being, he would have an effective edge in prevailing though the battle. Asuka’s mood heightened a bit, realizing their temporary advantage.

The yellow and spotted green Pokemon, seemingly confused about what to do next, launched itself failingly at an attempt to tackle the floating Duskull. A smirk immediately struck Asuka’s face as she realized the sheer stupidity of the camel-like Pokemon’s poor move selection. Kurai also seemed pretty amused, matching Asuka’s mood through its expression. Seeing this, Numel quickly began shaking with infuriation towards the duo; enough to spit out another blast of Ember.

For the second time, Kurai was stricken with the flames, which were even more enticing under the searing heat of the desert sun. “Kurai, I know we can finish this! Just keep hanging in there!” Asuka encouraged her Duskull from a few meters away. Kurai’s spirit still ran passionately as he recovered from the midst of the flames. He slowly floated back up to an off-standard gravitation, created a mirage of himself from dark matter, and successfully constricted the Numel with his Night Shade attack.

Asuka noticed the fire and ground Pokemon’s dedication to its resilience in the battle, but also its weakened stature as a result from being counterattacked. She swiftly began running though her thoughts to compose another attempt at defeating it.

“I need to somehow use the terrain to my advantage… Maybe to distract or blind that Numel?”Asuka spectated the situation in her mind. She knew she had to act quickly before it gained enough power to attack again. Kurai meanwhile tentatively waited for her command, whilst leeringly locking eyes with the Numel.

“Kurai, surround it with an Ominous Wind!” Asuka instructed. The dry heat and the sun’s reflection off of the parched desert sand made her head throb. “It should whip up enough sand around it to completely blind it for a sec, considering how damn bone-dry it is out here,” she foresaw in her thoughts. “If you see the opportunity, strike it with another Faint Attack! I doubt it will see you coming!”

Raddaya
12th September 2010, 1:07 PM
Forest of Adventure

Rangeet: You and your pokemon each take a deep breath as you step into forest. You slowly walk through the tree laden area, carefully checking to see if there is anything near you. Each step you take makes you think about what could have possibly made the tearing noise that you heard. Suddenly a twig breaks behind you, and you and your two pokemon turn around in surprise. Relief washes over you when you see that it is merely Wurmple. The caterpillar must have come in after you, despite the fact that it had been evidently scared by whatever was in the forest. The Wurmple wriggles over to Peeves and crawls up on his head, as it had done before. You turn back around and continue to walk through the forest. Soon you realise that the light that had previously shone through the leaves, was nearly all gone, increasing the feeling of paranoia that you have. The tearing noise suddenly bursts back into life, and you start to look around wildly. The noise starts to get closer and closer to you and the three pokemon. You hear a rustling noise, and out of the trees bursts a Scyther! The bug pokemon slashes at you, and just manages to miss you. It appears that this is the creature that frightened Wurmple beforehand, and it wants to fight.

What shall you do?
OOC: I'm terribly sorry. Sppf wasn't working for me at all over the past few days. I do hope this is good enough :(
Rangeet whipped around as a Scyther burst out of the trees. He inadvertendly walked two or three steps backwards in fear. "Oh God...not a Scyther...." His life flashed before his eyes as his brain frantically sent messages to various parts of his body to either "fight" or take "flight". He was 90% of the way to screaming "RUN!" and suiting the action to the word. Then he realised that he was not a coward.

Combusken seemed to realise his fear, in fact he was as scared and more as his master. However he made eye contact with his master and nodded. Rangeet then saw Peeves shuddering, but still managing to not look too scared of the Scyther. Then he saw Wurmple. The little pokemon was pitifully shaking: this Scyther must be a real menace to the forest pokemon. All this gave him the willpower to scream "Use Heat Wave twice! You can do it!"

PeeGee
4th October 2010, 2:23 AM
Ocean of Mystery

CyberBlastoise: The two water pokemon swim ahead of you, determined to find the source of the cries. Quickly gaining speed over you, the pair suddenly stop and duck under water. Confused to what your pokemon are doing, you soon realise when you see a large blast of something heading towards you. You and Silver follow your other pokemons' actions and duck underwater. Once the blast passed over you, you popped back up and see what sent the blast towards you. Floating on the water's surface is a small Finneon, a pokemon who would be the last one to appear to be threatening to anything. But you can't see the man, and you suddenly realise that he is now silent. Savage and Gold swim back to you, worried about what the Finneon might have done.

What will you do?

Desert of Illusion

yougirasu: Growlithe nods his head and runs up to Torkoal, and faces Onix. The dog opens his mouth and spits out an Ember, Torkoal doing the same. The pair of fireballs speed towards the rock snake, the attacks slamming into Onix's face. The rock type lets out a roar of pain as the side of its face blackens. Raising into the sky, Onix Slams his tail into Growlithe and Torkoal. The pair of fire pokemon are sent flying backwards, each hitting the ground with a large thud. They pick themselves up, and you see that they have started to sway from side to side. Torkoal opens its mouth, and flames begin to build up. Thrusting its head forward a snake of flames erupted and made their way towards Onix. The Fire Spin constricted around the rock pokemon, but not enough to stop Onix from digging its tail into the ground and proceeding to Throw Rocks at the pokemon. Growlithe is easily able to dodge the falling rocks, but Torkoal isn't so lucky. A particularly large rock slams into its body and sends it into the ground. Seeing the now hurt pokemon, Growlithe sends out a Heatwave to attract Onix's attention, and the attack does.

What will you do?

Atari: Receiving his orders, Kurai is quick to act. As a result of his previous Leer, Numel was a bit scared and not completely focused. The Duskull raises his little arms, and an Ominous Wind begins to blow. The wind buffets Numel, the attack unfortunately snapping it back to its senses. It lets out an loud Yawn, literally! The white cloud homes in on Kurai, and forces itself into his mouth. Gagging a little bit, Kuria shoots Numel a glare before disappearing. Numel looks around in confusion before the ghost type reappears behind it. Hitting the fire type with a vicious Faint Attack, he disappears and reappears where he was before. Now a little angry at the Duskull, Numel spits out an Ember. The fire attack hits your pokemon full on in the chest, and propels him backwards. Picking himself up off the ground, Kurai glares at his opponent before promptly falling asleep. It seems the yawn has taken its toll on the Duskull.

What will you do?

Forest of Adventure

Rangeet: Nodding his head, Combusken takes a deep breath and faces Scyther. The bug pokemon twitches a couple of times as it Leers at Combusken, the leer making Combusken a bit more scared. Shaking his head, as if to clear his thoughts, Combusken's body begins to glow red before sending out a Heat Wave. The fire attack slams into Scyther, obviously hurting the pokemon but not doing serious harm. Scyther lets out a psychotic howl and lunges at Combusken. Taken by complete surprise by the Quick Attack, the fire types soon finds himself with several slash marks on his body. Grimacing in pain, Combusken tries to ignore it as his body begins to glow again. Another Heat Wave is sent out by the fighting chicken, and it does hit Scyther. The attack makes Scyther stagger backwards, but that is about all it does.

What will you do?

CyberBlastoise
6th October 2010, 4:54 PM
Ocean of Mystery

CyberBlastoise: The two water pokemon swim ahead of you, determined to find the source of the cries. Quickly gaining speed over you, the pair suddenly stop and duck under water. Confused to what your pokemon are doing, you soon realise when you see a large blast of something heading towards you. You and Silver follow your other pokemons' actions and duck underwater. Once the blast passed over you, you popped back up and see what sent the blast towards you. Floating on the water's surface is a small Finneon, a pokemon who would be the last one to appear to be threatening to anything. But you can't see the man, and you suddenly realise that he is now silent. Savage and Gold swim back to you, worried about what the Finneon might have done.

What will you do?


Bill pondered over what happened. Just before he started swimming he had let out Silver to help him with swimming the waves and currents, the next moment, he was diving for his life. He looked to see the Finneon that had sent him this 'Welcoming Gift'. After he noticed the man had been silenced, Bill thought of only two options that could have happened. The more positive note would be that the Finneon was actually the man's and he was attacking Bill for some odd reason, the negative note was that the Finneon had actually killed the man. Bill wondered it, and knew his fellow Pokemon were also wondering the same thing. Either way, this Finneon was a menace, one that needed to be taught not to attack people. Bill said, "Okay, we better take care of this guy beforehand. Savage, I want you to see if you can find the man nearby, underwater. Gold, look for the boat, understood? Silver, you're with me. We'll fight the Finneon."

After the two Pokemon left to look for the man, Silver got into his fighting position. Bill commanded, "Okay, Silver, let's show this fish who's the real fighter. I want you to start off with Aqua Jet and combine it with your Zen Headbutt. Afterwards, I want you to Withdraw to prepare for any follow up attacks the Finneon has."

PeeGee
26th October 2010, 8:43 AM
Ocean of Mystery

CyberBlastoise: Silver looks back at you and nods, ready to jump into battle despite no one actually knowing what Finneon is capable of. He faces Finneon again and his body begins to glow light blue, before he Jets off towards Finneon. As the Squirtle nears his opponent, his little blue head starts to glow purple. There is a resounding CRACK as Silver connects with the little fish's side. Finneon is sent flying back through the water, but is able to compose itself, but by that time Silver has already been able to Withdraw into his shell. Letting out a noise that is similar to a grunt of annoyance, Finneon twirls about in the water, and an Aqua Ring forms around its body. Continuing to twirl about, several rings of energy find their way around the fish's body, the Safeguard now assuring protection from any sort of status affliction. Now with protection covering it, Finneon swims towards the withdrawn form of Silver and hits his shell with an Aqua Tail. The attack sends Silver skating through the water, but so far he hasn't actually been really hit... yet.

What will you do?

CyberBlastoise
27th October 2010, 12:45 AM
Ocean of Mystery

CyberBlastoise: Silver looks back at you and nods, ready to jump into battle despite no one actually knowing what Finneon is capable of. He faces Finneon again and his body begins to glow light blue, before he Jets off towards Finneon. As the Squirtle nears his opponent, his little blue head starts to glow purple. There is a resounding CRACK as Silver connects with the little fish's side. Finneon is sent flying back through the water, but is able to compose itself, but by that time Silver has already been able to Withdraw into his shell. Letting out a noise that is similar to a grunt of annoyance, Finneon twirls about in the water, and an Aqua Ring forms around its body. Continuing to twirl about, several rings of energy find their way around the fish's body, the Safeguard now assuring protection from any sort of status affliction. Now with protection covering it, Finneon swims towards the withdrawn form of Silver and hits his shell with an Aqua Tail. The attack sends Silver skating through the water, but so far he hasn't actually been really hit... yet.

What will you do?

Bill kept a close eye on his opponent to make sure that he did not make a grave mistake sending in Silver without any backup Pokemon. After the clash of attacks, Bill recognized quite a few moves from seeing Water-type pokemon in action before. Great...just perfect...it knows a few protective moves...better wrap this up before that Finneon has a chance to recover, thought Bill as he witnessed the moves the fish Pokemon used. He recalled that Safeguard meant that it could not be burned, so one move would be rendered useless. He then focused his attention to Silver who was protected by its hard shell and commanded, "Silver, listen. We need to hit it hard and hit it fast. Start off with your Water Spout, seeing that it should still be pretty powerful. Then use Confusion to keep it pinned down to use your Zen Headbutt once again!" He hoped that this combination of attacks would at least stun the Finneon until he could come up with a new working strategy to take care of the defensive moves the Finneon used.

PeeGee
5th November 2010, 11:37 AM
Ocean of Mystery

CyberBlastoise: Once again Silver takes in your orders before facing off against Finneon again. The blue turtle opens his mouth, and fires a powerful Spout of Water at the small fish. The spout slams into Finneon's face, and propels the fish backwards, into the water. As the water attack subsides, you see that Silver has started to pant, obviously from the powerful water attack that you had ordered. However, you decide to think about that later because Finneon seems to have vanished. Looking around in panic, you fell something tug against your leg. You let out a scream as you suddenly find yourself pulled underwater. Your pokemon shoot after you, but they aren't fast enough and your world fades to black.

"Are you okay?"

You slowly open your eyes, and see a woman standing over you, her blonde hair falling on your face.

"Thank god you're alive," she exclaims, seeing you open your eyes. "I was worried that Finneon had drowned you or something."

Sitting up, you find yourself in a strange cave, with the mysterious woman. Suddenly realising that you don't know where your pokemon are, you start to flail around.

"Don't worry about your pokemon," says the woman. "They are right here."

She lifts up her hand, and you see the minimized pokeballs of your aquatic companions. But that doesn't explain how you got there, or what happened with Finneon.

What will you do?

CyberBlastoise
5th November 2010, 2:16 PM
Ocean of Mystery

CyberBlastoise: Once again Silver takes in your orders before facing off against Finneon again. The blue turtle opens his mouth, and fires a powerful Spout of Water at the small fish. The spout slams into Finneon's face, and propels the fish backwards, into the water. As the water attack subsides, you see that Silver has started to pant, obviously from the powerful water attack that you had ordered. However, you decide to think about that later because Finneon seems to have vanished. Looking around in panic, you fell something tug against your leg. You let out a scream as you suddenly find yourself pulled underwater. Your pokemon shoot after you, but they aren't fast enough and your world fades to black.

"Are you okay?"

You slowly open your eyes, and see a woman standing over you, her blonde hair falling on your face.

"Thank god you're alive," she exclaims, seeing you open your eyes. "I was worried that Finneon had drowned you or something."

Sitting up, you find yourself in a strange cave, with the mysterious woman. Suddenly realising that you don't know where your pokemon are, you start to flail around.

"Don't worry about your pokemon," says the woman. "They are right here."

She lifts up her hand, and you see the minimized pokeballs of your aquatic companions. But that doesn't explain how you got there, or what happened with Finneon.

What will you do?

Ugh...wh-where am I? Bill asked in his thoughts as his vision started to unblur. He looked around and noticed that he was lying down next to a woman in a cave, his last memories being that he was about to drown. Bill rubbed his head, as though he was bumped on it, despite the fact that he was nearly drowned. Argh, I knew ordering Water Spout was too dangerous that early...but I went on with it anyways. After he recollected his thoughts, a woman that apparently looked him was explaining how she was worried about Bill drowning because of the Finneon. She also held Bill's Pokeballs. Afterwards, Bill took a glance around the cave that he was in, the slight pitter-patter of a standard cave, as well as he could definitely hear a couple echo-y flaps, whether it was from Zubats or waves, he was too disoriented to tell. Afterwards, Bill lifted himself up to sitting position wondering more and more about exactly what happened.

Bill wanted to ask a few questions, but he also wanted to keep them short. "I hope you don't mind answering a few things for me," Bill explained. "Three questions in total, actually. Where am I? Who are you? And what do you know about that Finneon?" Bill was definitely curious about things, but he also felt that these questions were normal from someone in his situation. Soon, he layed back down as he still was a bit dizzy from what happened. His eyes closed, but his mind conscious, he would hear what she would have to say.

yougirasu
22nd November 2010, 3:03 PM
Desert of Illusion

yougirasu: Growlithe nods his head and runs up to Torkoal, and faces Onix. The dog opens his mouth and spits out an Ember, Torkoal doing the same. The pair of fireballs speed towards the rock snake, the attacks slamming into Onix's face. The rock type lets out a roar of pain as the side of its face blackens. Raising into the sky, Onix Slams his tail into Growlithe and Torkoal. The pair of fire pokemon are sent flying backwards, each hitting the ground with a large thud. They pick themselves up, and you see that they have started to sway from side to side. Torkoal opens its mouth, and flames begin to build up. Thrusting its head forward a snake of flames erupted and made their way towards Onix. The Fire Spin constricted around the rock pokemon, but not enough to stop Onix from digging its tail into the ground and proceeding to Throw Rocks at the pokemon. Growlithe is easily able to dodge the falling rocks, but Torkoal isn't so lucky. A particularly large rock slams into its body and sends it into the ground. Seeing the now hurt pokemon, Growlithe sends out a Heatwave to attract Onix's attention, and the attack does.

What will you do?

With Growlithe teaming up with Torkoal against the fearsome Onix, the pair take a deep breath and exhale a barrage of embers that flicker brightly in the sunlight. The two pokemon look satisfied as their combined attacks speed onwards towards the rock snake that stood against them.
As the attacks strike Onix in the face, there's a visible wince from the attack before the pokemon unleashes a loud roar of pain. This roar causes Yougi to cover his ears, though not as tightly as before as it wasn't half as painful as the screech had been. Looking back up towards Onix, the left side of its face has visibly blackened from the heat of the two embers and Onix itself looks intense and filled with rage. Then, it raises it's tail sharply to strike at the two fire types.

The tail slams into the ground with a dulled thud after striking both Growlithe and Torkoal. The pokemon look visibly shaken after the assault and struggle to remain upright as they make the effort to stand against the Onix again. Torkoal makes a move, opening it's mouth as a intense flames build up before erupting out and snaking their way towards Onix. The fire spin spirals around the large rock pokemon and form a constricting barrier around it, but Onix manages to move around enough to continue attacking.

Onix digs its tail deep into the ground and with an almighty effort and a small battle cry, it thrusts it back out bringing a barrage of sand and rocks through the flames and towards the two fire pokemon. Growlithe bounds out of the way with it's natural speed and manoeuvrability, but Torkoal doesn't fair as well. A large rock soars through the air and, in what seems like a slow motion event to Yougi, strikes Torkoal hard, causing it to slam into the ground as the rock pushes itself along with the momentum it was given.

Torkoal looks seriously injured after that blow and Growlithe sees fit to unleash a powerful attack. Taking a deeper breath than before, Growlithe holds onto it for a few seconds longer than the ember before unleashing an intense breath. The heat infused air flickers with flames as the powerful heat wave surges over towards Onix, giving it another impressive battering. But this time, it doesn't seem to have made an impression other than attracting Onix's full attention.

Having to think fast, Yougi had to deliberate between Torkoals safety and that of his own Growlithe. He knew Growlithe had access to Sunny Day to be able to heal itself, but was unsure if it'd be the wisest move considering that it had Onix's full attention. He knew that there was two non-fire typed moves that Growlithe had access to and one would be more effective than the other. He also had a Clefairy that could have unleashed a barrage of leaves to give Growlithe a minor distraction, but he might need her help with Torkoal.

Deciding on the course of action, Yougi called out to Growlithe, "Growlithe, give it another Heat Wave, we need a bit of time. If it gets close follow it up with an Iron Head, if not find an opportunity to use Sunny Day instead."
With that out of the way, Yougi looked to make his way over to the injured Torkoal. He had to get it out of the way of the battling if it couldn't continue and he had Clefairy to call on if needed. The altar that had been the setting for the start of all this seemed as good a place to move Torkoal to for safety, if they had enough time.

PeeGee
30th December 2010, 2:27 AM
Ocean of Mystery

CyberBlastoise: There is silence as the woman ponders over your questions, and after a few minutes she decided that she has the answers to them.

"You are in my uhh, temporary home," she said, "My name is Abagail and as for what I know about Finneon, well that is a bit of a tale. You see there used to be an old nuclear power plant here and its waste products would be dumped here in the ocean. It is said that the spirit of the ocean had had enough of the plant's pollution so it gifted the Finneon with the powers to get rid of the plant and to stop anyone from ever polluting this place again."

She sees that you are a little puzzled from her tale and Abagail's face breaks into a smile. "I don't know if the story is true, just so you know, but I have never been able to come up with any other explanation as to why Finneon is so strong."

So she has answered your questions and while they do seem a little dubious it is all you have to go on at the moment.

What will you do?

Desert of Illusion

Yougirasu: Growlithe nods as he gets his orders and you slowly make your way over to Torkoal. Growlithe glows red as an intense Wave of Heat makes its way over to Onix. The giant rock snake lets out a roar of Rage and slams its tail into the fire dog. Your pokemon lets out a yelp of pain as the attack makes him airborne for a few seconds. He hits the ground with a THUD, but he still has enough in him to keep fighting. As the battle continues on behind you, you have finally made it to Torkoal. The fire tortoise looks up at you, and you can immediately tell that it is a fair amount of pain. Torkoal senses that you want to help it, and slowly its gets up. The pokemon hisses in pain as it stands upright, but nevertheless it starts to follow you as you very slowly make your way over to the altar from before. Behind you the battle still rages on. Growlithe glares at Onix before he starts to charge at it, his head taking on a slightly silver sheen. The Iron Head slams into Onix's rocky body, who retaliates by Raging once again and slamming Growlithe away with its tail.

What will you do?

CyberBlastoise
31st December 2010, 8:07 PM
Ocean of Mystery

CyberBlastoise: There is silence as the woman ponders over your questions, and after a few minutes she decided that she has the answers to them.

"You are in my uhh, temporary home," she said, "My name is Abagail and as for what I know about Finneon, well that is a bit of a tale. You see there used to be an old nuclear power plant here and its waste products would be dumped here in the ocean. It is said that the spirit of the ocean had had enough of the plant's pollution so it gifted the Finneon with the powers to get rid of the plant and to stop anyone from ever polluting this place again."

She sees that you are a little puzzled from her tale and Abagail's face breaks into a smile. "I don't know if the story is true, just so you know, but I have never been able to come up with any other explanation as to why Finneon is so strong."

So she has answered your questions and while they do seem a little dubious it is all you have to go on at the moment.

What will you do?



"Thank you for answering my questions, Ms. Abigail. My name is Bill," he heard all of Abigail's story and while it is hard to believe that an 'ocean spirit' possessed the Finneon, or at least gave it great powers, the old polluting Nuclear Powerplant definitely seemed like as good an explanation as any. Knowing a bit of the legend now thanks to Abagail he decided on a plan. Because of Silver's little incident with polluted water back when the Squirtle and the trainer first met, Bill did feel a sort of remorse for the Finneon, as it did seem to be protecting its home.

"Silver, come on out!" called Bill as he threw out one of his Pokeballs.

"Squirtle!" called out the Pokemon companion as he landed on the floor.

Bill headed toward the entrance/exit of the cave. He then realized he had no idea where the Nuclear Powerplant was, but he figured that that was the first place the Finneon would be headed, or he could at least see if the power plant had something of value. Either way, Bill felt like there was a need to head to the power plant first, just to see if either theory was correct. There was something else that bothered Bill; if the Finneon would destroy the power plant as he was told, there would be no telling how much more dangerous to the ocean that would be than it already was. Bill did not want to trouble her with this, and instead he asked, "Ms. Abagail, where is this power plant at?" Preparing to go as soon as he got his answer.

PeeGee
4th January 2011, 6:03 AM
Ocean of Mystery

CyberBlastoise: "Where is the power plant?" said Abagail, "Well, if I remember correctly, once you walk out of the cave, you go right for several kilometres, and then you go left for about ten kilometres and keep going straight and eventually you will see the plant." You thank Abagail and walk out of the cave, and find yourself on a ledge that just overlooks where you had been when Finneon had first attacked you. Silver walks up beside you, nervously scanning the water in front of you, not wanting to run into Finneon until you were both ready to do so. The pair of you dive off the ledge, the coldness of the water not bothering you at all. Remembering what Abagail said, you grab a hold of Silver, who starts swimming to the right. As you swim, you take in the scene beneath you, all of the pokemon that are swimming on the ocean's floor, and the beauty that they emanate. As you take the left turn, Silver is still going at a steady pace, cutting through the water like butter. Soon you find yourself in front of a large power plant, obviously abandoned, and pull yourself to shore. Silver hops out after you, fairly exhausted after all the swimming that he has had to do. No sooner had the little turtle caught his breath, he was blasted backwards by an Ice Beam. You spin around and see a familiar fish poking through the water's surface.

What will you do?

CyberBlastoise
5th January 2011, 2:02 AM
Ocean of Mystery

CyberBlastoise: "Where is the power plant?" said Abagail, "Well, if I remember correctly, once you walk out of the cave, you go right for several kilometres, and then you go left for about ten kilometres and keep going straight and eventually you will see the plant." You thank Abagail and walk out of the cave, and find yourself on a ledge that just overlooks where you had been when Finneon had first attacked you. Silver walks up beside you, nervously scanning the water in front of you, not wanting to run into Finneon until you were both ready to do so. The pair of you dive off the ledge, the coldness of the water not bothering you at all. Remembering what Abagail said, you grab a hold of Silver, who starts swimming to the right. As you swim, you take in the scene beneath you, all of the pokemon that are swimming on the ocean's floor, and the beauty that they emanate. As you take the left turn, Silver is still going at a steady pace, cutting through the water like butter. Soon you find yourself in front of a large power plant, obviously abandoned, and pull yourself to shore. Silver hops out after you, fairly exhausted after all the swimming that he has had to do. No sooner had the little turtle caught his breath, he was blasted backwards by an Ice Beam. You spin around and see a familiar fish poking through the water's surface.

What will you do?

Bill and Silver got to the land and rested for a little bit, when Silver was attacked by frozen lightning-like energy. Bill was close enough to feel the concentration of cold energy. After he faced the source, the very familiar Finneon, he called, "Silver! You okay?" After a positive response from his Pokemon, Bill said, "Good." Then Bill then decided to talk to the Finneon. "I know you probably won't listen to any pleas, and that's not my style. You threw the first attack, so I guess it's my turn." He gave a very serious look to the fish.

Silver, after recovering from the shock of the surprise attack, jumped in front of Bill and yelled, "Squiiiirtle!" It was definitely angered by the Finneon's attack and was ready for their battle.

Bill knew how Silver felt and ordered, "Silver, let's start nice and easy." He remembered how things went last battle and how his commands exhausted the Turtle Pokemon. "Use Swagger, and then immediately use Return. Afterwards, Withdraw back into your shell, just in case." He hoped that this was a good start.

PeeGee
6th January 2011, 12:30 AM
Ocean of Mystery

CyberBlastoise: Your little turtle takes a deep little breath and faces Finneon. Silver begins to move around in an odd sort of fashion, the Swaggering nature of it starting to both infuriate and confuse Finneon. The fish glares at Silver, or what it believes to be Silver, its confusion making it see three of the pokemon. Finneon opens its mouth and a Beam of Psychic energy bursts out of it, the attack however didn't even come close to hitting your pokemon. Letting out a little laugh, Squirtle dived into the water, glowing slightly white. He slammed into the small water type, Finneon being sent back down into the water. Realising that he is in Finneon's element, Silver quickly makes his way out of the water. However, he doesn't get all the way, instead he is from below by an extra strong Pound. As he flies out of the water, Silver Withdraws into his shell, nevertheless he still hits the shore with a loud THUD. Coming out of his shell, the bruised Squirtle stands up on unsteady legs and just narrowly misses an Ice Beam, courtesy of Finneon's confusion.

What will you do?

CyberBlastoise
6th January 2011, 2:53 AM
Ocean of Mystery

CyberBlastoise: Your little turtle takes a deep little breath and faces Finneon. Silver begins to move around in an odd sort of fashion, the Swaggering nature of it starting to both infuriate and confuse Finneon. The fish glares at Silver, or what it believes to be Silver, its confusion making it see three of the pokemon. Finneon opens its mouth and a Beam of Psychic energy bursts out of it, the attack however didn't even come close to hitting your pokemon. Letting out a little laugh, Squirtle dived into the water, glowing slightly white. He slammed into the small water type, Finneon being sent back down into the water. Realising that he is in Finneon's element, Silver quickly makes his way out of the water. However, he doesn't get all the way, instead he is from below by an extra strong Pound. As he flies out of the water, Silver Withdraws into his shell, nevertheless he still hits the shore with a loud THUD. Coming out of his shell, the bruised Squirtle stands up on unsteady legs and just narrowly misses an Ice Beam, courtesy of Finneon's confusion.

What will you do?

After Silver's swagger had affected the Finneon, Bill was confident that he was going to have a better chance at victory, but his biggest mistake was sending Silver into the water after the Finneon and it got a bit battered from the experience. Bill then thought, Darn, this Finneon is too good. There's got to be some sort of weakness I can exploit. After Silver's hard landing, he figured out an answer. That's it! If I can't beat the Finneon in water, then I'll get it onto land. Bill then commanded, "Silver, I know that Pound took a lot out of you, but I have a plan." He then pointed toward a side of the Finneon. "I want you to Aqua Jet your way around the Finneon that way. While you round about it, I want you to Ice Beam it, just to keep it on the defensive, as well as, hopefully it may freeze it. Finally, I want you to Zen Headbutt it straight toward the shore. Put all you got into that last move, though, because you only get one shot." His look of seriousness definitely shown that he was concerned for Silver's safety, but he also knew that this Finneon probably would resort to dirty tricks as well, so an offensive was needed.

PeeGee
9th January 2011, 1:34 AM
Ocean of Mystery

CyberBlastois: Silver takes another deep breath, the exhaustion of the battle starting to catch up to him. He leaps at the water and Aqua Jets out past Finneon, who tries to blast Silver away with a Water Pulse, but it merely hits one of the Silver's that the fish's confusion has conjured up. Letting out a smile at how your plan seems to be coming into fruition, you continue watching as Silver shoots an Ice Beam Finneon's way. The fish ducks down into the water, and while the patch of water above freezes, Finneon hasn't even been touched by the attack. With the fish's whereabouts being unknown Silver intensely looks at the water, and once again has no idea where it is. However, his question is answered when he is Pounded into the air by Finneon. Landing back in the water with a big SPLASH, Silver looks at Finneon with a look of slight hatred as his head begins to spark purple. He rams into Finneon as hard as he can, the Zen Headbutt sending it flying towards the shore. The water type hits the shore and weakly flops about, the last attack bringing it the brink of fainting, the attacks from now and earlier finally catching up to it.

What will you do?

CyberBlastoise
9th January 2011, 3:41 AM
Ocean of Mystery

CyberBlastois: Silver takes another deep breath, the exhaustion of the battle starting to catch up to him. He leaps at the water and Aqua Jets out past Finneon, who tries to blast Silver away with a Water Pulse, but it merely hits one of the Silver's that the fish's confusion has conjured up. Letting out a smile at how your plan seems to be coming into fruition, you continue watching as Silver shoots an Ice Beam Finneon's way. The fish ducks down into the water, and while the patch of water above freezes, Finneon hasn't even been touched by the attack. With the fish's whereabouts being unknown Silver intensely looks at the water, and once again has no idea where it is. However, his question is answered when he is Pounded into the air by Finneon. Landing back in the water with a big SPLASH, Silver looks at Finneon with a look of slight hatred as his head begins to spark purple. He rams into Finneon as hard as he can, the Zen Headbutt sending it flying towards the shore. The water type hits the shore and weakly flops about, the last attack bringing it the brink of fainting, the attacks from now and earlier finally catching up to it.

What will you do?

Bill stood beside the Finneon, it still flopping back and forth, though very weakly. He pulled out a Cherish Ball (http://forums.upnetwork.net/showpost.php?p=187763&postcount=1401) from his belt pouch. Then he looked sympathetically toward the fish Pokemon. He said, "I know how you feel, believe it or not, and I know that Silver feels the same way. Your home was being destroyed by pollution, but this isn't the way to solve your problems. It'll just make things even worse. Silver got separated from his family when he was younger because of pollution, and now he's with me traveling around the world." He then gave a serious look at the Finneon and stated, "Please, a strong pokemon like you does not need to try and destroy everything because you lack a home, so I'm offering you something." He showed the Cherish Ball to the Finneon and said, "I'm offering you a home, with us. We can all travel together." He threw the completely red pokeball and the Finneon and yelled, "Which do you choose?"

PeeGee
9th January 2011, 4:26 AM
Ocean of Mystery

CyberBlastoise: The small fish looks up at you, a look of contemplation in its eyes. You can tell that it is deciding whether or not it wants to join you, and while it does so it weakly flops to the water's edge, just in case it doesn't want to join you. However the time starts to drag on, and you feel your spirits start to drop, the chances of Finneon joining you getting lower and lower as each minute passes. Suddenly Finneon jumps up and whacks its head against your Cherish Ball, having made its decision to join your party. Congratulation you caught a Lv 4 Male Finneon Smiling as you clip the ball on your belt, the water around you starts to get rough. Looking around in confusion, you spot a glowing ball making its way towards you. Lifting itself out of the water, you feel a calmness sweep through you, mellowing you out.

I see that you have caught my guardian a serene voice says into your head It is time for him to leave this place, he has vigilantly done his job for many a year and now with my blessing it is time for him to start anew.

The Cherish Ball that holds Finneon starts to glow, and you watch as wisps of energy make their way from it to the glowing orb, taking away the powers that the Ocean Spirit granted it. As the last wisp made its way to the orb, it just disappeared, but you know that it will probably watch over Finneon for many years to come.

With the capture of Finneon you are free from the Arcane Realm and may venture into Full Zones and use the Egg House upon replying to this update. It has been fun updating you, and maybe I will end up updating you again at some point.

CyberBlastoise
9th January 2011, 5:45 AM
Ocean of Mystery

CyberBlastoise: The small fish looks up at you, a look of contemplation in its eyes. You can tell that it is deciding whether or not it wants to join you, and while it does so it weakly flops to the water's edge, just in case it doesn't want to join you. However the time starts to drag on, and you feel your spirits start to drop, the chances of Finneon joining you getting lower and lower as each minute passes. Suddenly Finneon jumps up and whacks its head against your Cherish Ball, having made its decision to join your party. Congratulation you caught a Lv 4 Male Finneon Smiling as you clip the ball on your belt, the water around you starts to get rough. Looking around in confusion, you spot a glowing ball making its way towards you. Lifting itself out of the water, you feel a calmness sweep through you, mellowing you out.

I see that you have caught my guardian a serene voice says into your head It is time for him to leave this place, he has vigilantly done his job for many a year and now with my blessing it is time for him to start anew.

The Cherish Ball that holds Finneon starts to glow, and you watch as wisps of energy make their way from it to the glowing orb, taking away the powers that the Ocean Spirit granted it. As the last wisp made its way to the orb, it just disappeared, but you know that it will probably watch over Finneon for many years to come.

With the capture of Finneon you are free from the Arcane Realm and may venture into Full Zones and use the Egg House upon replying to this update. It has been fun updating you, and maybe I will end up updating you again at some point.

Bill picked up the Cherish Ball, looking at it with content. He knew that he had done what needed to be done, and that was to quell the raging Finneon from the Ocean of Mystery. He now had a new companion that would definitely be welcomed with opened arms (and fins). The spirit's voice sounded familiar to him, like he had heard it not too long ago, but Bill decided not to think too much into it. As he looked out to a very gorgeous sunset, he thought to himself, Spirit, I don't know if you can hear my thoughts, but I vow to you that I will protect this Finneon to the best of my ability. Though next time you have a Pokemon create rage and chaos, please try not to attack anything that would likely damage the ecosystem any farther. He chuckled to himself. His Squirtle jumped up and down in joy, soon a white light enveloped it. The Turtle's structure grew taller and two ears appeared to pop out from his head. The tail then grew out and swirled around. Silver evolved into a Wartortle. Afterwards, Bill and his newly evolved companion walked away from the ocean and headed more inland. Then he realized something; his surroundings had changed quite significantly. He thought aloud, "That's weird. I didn't think we swam that far...did we?" He shrugged it off and decided to head more inland, ready for his next adventure.

Thank you for updating me, it was quite an enjoyable adventure. Though I don't know which zone to go to first. XD

yougirasu
9th January 2011, 1:39 PM
Desert of Illusion

Yougirasu: Growlithe nods as he gets his orders and you slowly make your way over to Torkoal. Growlithe glows red as an intense Wave of Heat makes its way over to Onix. The giant rock snake lets out a roar of Rage and slams its tail into the fire dog. Your pokemon lets out a yelp of pain as the attack makes him airborne for a few seconds. He hits the ground with a THUD, but he still has enough in him to keep fighting. As the battle continues on behind you, you have finally made it to Torkoal. The fire tortoise looks up at you, and you can immediately tell that it is a fair amount of pain. Torkoal senses that you want to help it, and slowly its gets up. The pokemon hisses in pain as it stands upright, but nevertheless it starts to follow you as you very slowly make your way over to the altar from before. Behind you the battle still rages on. Growlithe glares at Onix before he starts to charge at it, his head taking on a slightly silver sheen. The Iron Head slams into Onix's rocky body, who retaliates by Raging once again and slamming Growlithe away with its tail.

What will you do?

With a nod, Growlithe stared at the Onix that towered over him as Yougi made a scrambling dash through the sand towards Torkoal. He made every effort to stay as low as possible, to avoid the Onix's attention but found that this made getting over to Torkoal more troublesome than he'd first intended.

A burst or heat hits Yougi's back, alerting him to Growlithe's Heat Wave being launched at Onix and he takes the moment to made another dash, this time running, towards Torkoal. However, a large roar stops him in his tracks and makes him hit thre sand once more. But the roar wasn't aimed towards him, Onix was enraged at Growlithe now and struck it with it's tail in such a way that Growlithe gained momentary flight.

Seeing Growlithe managing to stand after landing with such a thud spurs Yougi on and he covers the last of the ground to where Torkoal lay. Looking into Torkoals eyes, Yougi can see the pain it's feeling and trys to get it on it's feet again. A hiss of pain cuts Yougi like a knife as Torkoal manages to get on it's feet again and slowly moves towards the altar where everything started.

Behind Yougi, Growlithe's upper body and head taken on a silvery, metalic sheen as it charges in at Onix once more. It strikes at the sturdy rocks that form it's body with it's head of iron for an effective blow, but again this only serves to aggrivate Onix who's tail swings down again. As the tail slams into Growlithe in another enraged blow Growlithe finds itself away from the Onix once more, laying in the sand.

Pausing for a minute to see how Growlithe was doing, Yougi looked back over his shoulder hoping that Torkoal would be able to manage to take a few steps without him whilst he checked on the battle. Growlithe could barely be seen over the small dunes of sand, but he looked worse for wear. He didn't know if Growlithe was capable of continuing the battle, but he did need as much time as possible to get Torkoal to safety and he did think that beating an Onix would give Growlithe a great conifdence boost in future battles.

He mentally skimmed over Growlithe's available moveset and almost slapped himself on the forehead for forgetting one of the earliest moves that Growlithe had gained whilst with Yougi. Calling out, he said,
"Growlithe, hang in there and if you can, make use of the cloudless desert skies with Morning Sun, then blast it with a Fire Spin."
Hoping Growlithe could hear him over the Onix's movements and low roars, Yougi turned back to supporting Torkoal and egging it onwards towards the Altar.

PeeGee
10th January 2011, 2:36 AM
Desert Illusion

yougirasu: Giving your pokemon his orders, you put your focus back on what you were doing. The fire turtle that you are escorting actually seems a little better, though its movement is still slow and laboured. On the good side of things however, the pair of you have managed to progress quite far and are more than halfway to the altar. Strangely enough, you hear something that sounds similar to tapping. Deciding to focus on what is going on at the moment, you look down and see that Torkoal seems a whole lot better. The fire pokemon looks up at you with a look that says to you something along the lines of 'You will find out soon enough'.

Meanwhile Growlithe and Onix are still facing off against each other. Growlithe starts to glow, letting out a sigh as the Morning Sun healed his injured body. Unfortunately that gives Onix a brief window to Slam its tail into the puppy. Flung away by the attack Growlithe bounces back onto his feet, his healing attack restoring him fairly well. The dog lets out a bark and spits a Fire Spin at Onix, the fiery whirlwind winding itself up the rock snake. Onix lets out a loud roar before breaking out of the Fire Spin, and Screeches at Growlithe, making the dog start to whimper.

What will you do?

yougirasu
10th January 2011, 3:22 AM
Desert Illusion

yougirasu: Giving your pokemon his orders, you put your focus back on what you were doing. The fire turtle that you are escorting actually seems a little better, though its movement is still slow and laboured. On the good side of things however, the pair of you have managed to progress quite far and are more than halfway to the altar. Strangely enough, you hear something that sounds similar to tapping. Deciding to focus on what is going on at the moment, you look down and see that Torkoal seems a whole lot better. The fire pokemon looks up at you with a look that says to you something along the lines of 'You will find out soon enough'.

Meanwhile Growlithe and Onix are still facing off against each other. Growlithe starts to glow, letting out a sigh as the Morning Sun healed his injured body. Unfortunately that gives Onix a brief window to Slam its tail into the puppy. Flung away by the attack Growlithe bounces back onto his feet, his healing attack restoring him fairly well. The dog lets out a bark and spits a Fire Spin at Onix, the fiery whirlwind winding itself up the rock snake. Onix lets out a loud roar before breaking out of the Fire Spin, and Screeches at Growlithe, making the dog start to whimper.

What will you do?

Putting his focus back onto Torkoal after shouting the orders across the desert, Yougirasu notices a slight change in the pokemons disposition. Though still slow and sluggish when crossing the sand, Torkoal seems a little better after the blows it'd previously endured.

'Maybe it's the peace of getting some distance from the Onix or the fact that it's had some time to gain a little of it's strength back, but Torkoal's really picking up and recovering.' Yougi thought to himself. Looking back, the distance between Yougi and Torkoal, the altar and the shifted sand where Torkoal landed all looked the same. Clearly they were managing to make good progress.

~As Growlithe faces off against the fearsome Onix that towers above him as it rears upwards, he sighs and begins his orders with something that relieves him for a short while. Glowing in a slightly golden tint as the sunlight hits him, restoring his health as he takes a moment to chill from the battle. As his injuries start to ease and his worries leave him, Onix makes the decision to strike within the window of opportunity and Slams it's oversized tail into Growlithe.

Growlithe flies through the air once more and lands on the soft sand a small distance from his foe. Bounding up onto his feet, the brief respite having restored him in an efficient manner, he rears up somewhat and lets out an aggressive bark towards Onix as he prepares to attack again.~

Egging Torkoal on with encouraging words, Yougi pauses for a moment as he hears something similar to tapping over his possitive words. He looks downwards towards Torkoal with an inquisitive look on his face, but mainly interested in pushing onwards, and see's that the pokemon is much more content and seems better and restored somewhat regardless of the travelling it was doing.

Torkoal turns it's head slightly and looks up at Yougi, catching his inquisitive look. Although it can't exactly communicate with Yougi and is probably focusing on keeping moving rather than talking, Yougi manages to catch a look from Torkoal. Slightly befuddled by the look that seems to be suggesting patience, something Yougi has never been best at (especially since he charged into battle with an aggressive Onix whilst using a fire type), Yougi just shrugged it off and pushed the two of them onwards to the altar.

~Catching a small breath after his bark, Growlithe opens his mouth once more to spit out a snaking fire spin. The whirlwind of fire forms around Onix, coiling it's way up it's neck and causing Onix to let out a roar. Thrashing through though, Onix breaks free of the hold of the fire and with it's eyes locked on Growlithe unleashes a powerful screech that could be heard across a great distance.

His sensitive ears ringing somewhat, Growlithe whimpers and attempts to cover them as best he can in fear of another attack. Whilst doing so though, he tries to maintain vision of the Onix to make sure he doesn't ge caught off guard whilst reeling from the loud roar.~

Looking back across the desert as a large roar crossed the barron land, Yougi had a feeling that Growlithe might not be doing so well if he was to close to that. Regardless, he felt the need to shout orders across the sand even if he wasn't sure if Growlithe would hear him. He needed the opportunity to push on with Torkoal and Growlithe had done a stellar job so far, he had faith that Growlithe would hear even though a part of him didn't believe he would.

"Growlithe, give it another full force Ember to the nearest section you can hit." Yougi called out to his pup,
"Then try giving it another Heat Wave. You're doing great at holding it off." He added as he called out and held his breath as he checked on Torkoal again, hoping he'd catch Growlithe's flames striking Onix as they kept moving.

PeeGee
13th January 2011, 2:18 AM
Desert of Illusion

yougirasu: Growlithe glares at Onix, the battle starting to get on his nerves. Onix stares right back, before it closes its eyes and briefly glows. Growlithe is momentarily confused at what Onix is doing, but the confusion soon disappears when a wind picks up, lifting the sand off the ground, creating a Sandstorm. Your puppy winces as the sand buffets his body, but he doesn't let it deter him. Growlithe coughs up a large Ember, the fireball slams into Onix's face, burning one of its eyes. The rock snake Flails about, knocking Growlithe down with its tail, as it screams in pain. Growlithe continues with his onslaught and lets out a Wave of Heat. Onix lets out another scream of pain, the Heat Wave antagonizing its burnt eye. Growlithe prepares itself for another attack, but instead Onix turns around and runs away, the battle being too much for it. With a confused look, Growlithe realises that he has won the battle, and turns to make his way back to you.

Meanwhile, you and Torkoal have finally made your way back to the altar, the fire turtle almost seeming like it never even got hurt, and that odd tapping noise has gotten much louder. It starts to walk towards the source of the tapping noise, and following it you see a nest with several Torkoal coloured eggs there. Suddenly it clicks as to why Torkoal originally attacked, to protect its nest of eggs. You continue to look at the eggs when you hear barking, Growlithe has returned to you! Giving the dog a rub on the head for winning his battle, you notice several pokemon in the distance. Headed by who you assume to be the Onix from before there was a Sandshrew and a Cacnea. Torkoal lets out a cry of alarm, the oncoming pokemon obviously want to battle and there is a chance that they could harm its eggs.

What will you do?

yougirasu
13th January 2011, 6:14 PM
Desert of Illusion

yougirasu: Growlithe glares at Onix, the battle starting to get on his nerves. Onix stares right back, before it closes its eyes and briefly glows. Growlithe is momentarily confused at what Onix is doing, but the confusion soon disappears when a wind picks up, lifting the sand off the ground, creating a Sandstorm. Your puppy winces as the sand buffets his body, but he doesn't let it deter him. Growlithe coughs up a large Ember, the fireball slams into Onix's face, burning one of its eyes. The rock snake Flails about, knocking Growlithe down with its tail, as it screams in pain. Growlithe continues with his onslaught and lets out a Wave of Heat. Onix lets out another scream of pain, the Heat Wave antagonizing its burnt eye. Growlithe prepares itself for another attack, but instead Onix turns around and runs away, the battle being too much for it. With a confused look, Growlithe realises that he has won the battle, and turns to make his way back to you.

Meanwhile, you and Torkoal have finally made your way back to the altar, the fire turtle almost seeming like it never even got hurt, and that odd tapping noise has gotten much louder. It starts to walk towards the source of the tapping noise, and following it you see a nest with several Torkoal coloured eggs there. Suddenly it clicks as to why Torkoal originally attacked, to protect its nest of eggs. You continue to look at the eggs when you hear barking, Growlithe has returned to you! Giving the dog a rub on the head for winning his battle, you notice several pokemon in the distance. Headed by who you assume to be the Onix from before there was a Sandshrew and a Cacnea. Torkoal lets out a cry of alarm, the oncoming pokemon obviously want to battle and there is a chance that they could harm its eggs.

What will you do?

~Growlithe and Onix stare off at each other, as the battle begins to wear on Growlithe's nerves. It takes but a moment for Onix to close it's eyes and begins to glow, confusing Growlithe in regards to what it's doing. It doesn't take long for it's intentions to become apparent and Growlithes confusion to disappear as the winds pick up and the stones that make Onix's body begin to shift. Within seconds, the shifting gusts of wind pick up the sand around Onix and a sandstorm appears around the two of them, cutting them off from the rest of the desert with rapidly moving grains.

The buffeting sand causes Growlithe to wince in pain, the sand proving to be painful as well as problematic. But undetered, Growlithe settles himself in the painful winds and prepares his volley. Coughing up a forceful ember attack that cuts it's way through the sand storm, Growlithe watches as the attack slams into Onix's face, scorching around the eye and leaving the area burnt.~

Meanwhile, across the desert, Yougi and Torkoal finally reach the altar and Yougi composes him self against a nearby pillar. Looking across the sands, he can see a large cloud of dust surrounding where he had last seen the Onix. Assuming the pair were still going at it, he turned his attention towards Torkoal, who now seemed a whole lot better and almost seemed uninjured now. He still had a look of confusion on his face as the tapping that he'd heard earier was much louder than it had been and he felt alarmed at it's presence.

He watched Torkoal walk over towards one of the pillars where the tapping seemed to be eminating from and with some hesitance, followed after it. He was suprised when he saw what Torkoal had gone to look at, a bunch of oval, stone like items were resting in the warm sand at the base of one of the pillars. They had a deep orangey-red hue at the bottom of them that faded into a dark grey towards the top and were the source of all the tapping. Stooping down to get a better look, Yougi noticed the way they wobbled.
'Almost like they're alive.' He thought to himself, before he slapped the palm of his hand to his forehead, possibly suprising Torkoal. He hadn't realised, but they were eggs. Torkoal eggs to be more precise and this must have been Torkoal's nest.

~Screeching in pain from the burn at a highly sensitive place, Onix flailed about, thrashing it's bosy all over the place and striking Growlithe with it's tail. As Growlithe recovers, it seizes the opportunity whilst Onix flails wildly and launches another heat wave over the rock type. The burst of hot air, with flickers of stray embers within it strikes the rock type hard and serves to aggrivate the burn on it's face.

Growlithe prepares itself for another assault as Onix screams in pain once more. But it never comes. Onix instead turns tail and slithers away, not looking back towards Growlithe or the altar. Growlithe tilted it's head in confusion before realising that Onix must have fled, with the battle being to much for it, meaning that he'd won the battle. Happy in Onix's defeat, Growlithe begins crossing the desert as the winds die down, bounding towards Yougi with glee.~

Staring at the eggs, Yougi realises just why the Torkoal had tried to drive it away from the altar and it takes him a few minutes before he realises he can hear something over the rattling of the eggs against the pillar. Turning round, he sees Growlithe bounding up, clearly the victor of his battle and he stoops down once more to greet his pup and praise him for it's difficult victory. Looking up from his Growlithe, he spots a group moving towards them at quite a pace and gradually stops patting his pokemon as the reality dawns on him.

In the distance, he could clearly make out 3 pokemon; a Cacnea, a Sandshrew and what appeared to be the Onix from before. Torkoal called out in alarm, noticing what Yougirasu was looking at and worrying that they were coming to harm the eggs. The trio seemed intent on battling and such a battle could end up with horrible consequences in the fragile eggs were struck in the midst of everything.

Yougi looked down at Growlithe, who didn't seem to badly off after the last battle but he was sure that it would have taken a toll on him. Thinking about the pokemon that were coming towards them, he noted that Growlithe would only have an advantage over one of them and with Torkoal seeming better it might be the perfect time to give Growlithe a small break, assuming Torkoal would be fighting to protect it's unborn young.

He said to Growlithe,
"Listen, I want you to use Morning Sun once more if you're up to it and then take a break in you're Pokéball. If things get rough like they did before, it might be best to open with Clefairy rather than bringing you straight into another battle. You must be tireder than you look." He looked over at Torkoal, unsure what it would do as he gathered Growlithe and Clefairy's Pokéballs in preparation to return Growlithe and have Clefairy at the ready. He fully intended on heading out to meet the oncoming pokémon.

PeeGee
18th January 2011, 5:51 AM
Desert of Illusion

Yougirasu:Growlithe nods his little puppy head and uses Morning Sun to replenish his health before disappearing in a beam of red energy, sucked back into his pokeball. You clip his ball back on and watch the incoming pokemon, ready to send out Clefairy when you need to. Torkoal walks up beside you, staring at the incoming pokemon. You can sense that she is scared for her eggs, but at the same time, Torkoal will do anything to ensure that her eggs are safe. Closer and closer the pokemon made their way towards you and the fire turtle, the tension and anxiety so thick you could probably cut it and then spread it on a piece of toast and still have enough to fill a couple of jars. Torkoal looks at you and nods her head, making her way out to meet the pokemon, intending for you to follow suit.

yougirasu
21st January 2011, 4:13 PM
Desert of Illusion

Yougirasu:Growlithe nods his little puppy head and uses Morning Sun to replenish his health before disappearing in a beam of red energy, sucked back into his pokeball. You clip his ball back on and watch the incoming pokemon, ready to send out Clefairy when you need to. Torkoal walks up beside you, staring at the incoming pokemon. You can sense that she is scared for her eggs, but at the same time, Torkoal will do anything to ensure that her eggs are safe. Closer and closer the pokemon made their way towards you and the fire turtle, the tension and anxiety so thick you could probably cut it and then spread it on a piece of toast and still have enough to fill a couple of jars. Torkoal looks at you and nods her head, making her way out to meet the pokemon, intending for you to follow suit.


With Yougi's decisions made, Growlithe bows his head slowly in a responsive nod before glowing once more with the sunlight all around. Having completed his morning healing ritual, Yougi pulls up his Pokeball and returns Growlithe in a beam of red light that engulfs him before sucking him back to safety.

Clipping the Pokeball back onto his belt and looking out towards the approaching pokemon, Yougi moves his hand over to Clefairy's Pokeball, sizing it up and wrapping his hand around it. He feels the sand around his foot shift and looking around, he sees Torkoal walk beside him to stare out at the incoming pokemon. Torkoal seems focused on the distant pokemon that were becoming less so, but still there seemed to be some fear in the pokemon's eyes. Assuming that she's just anxious to protect her eggs, Yougi doesn't give it to much thought, although he hopes that Torkoal won't go to far to protect them as the hatclings will need a parent to help protect them in this ruthless terrain.

As the trio of pokemon grow closer and closer, the air grows thick with tension and anxiety. Neither Yougi or Torkoal intend on letting the aggressors gain an inch towards the eggs, but still the feeling remains in the air and it seems like the air is so thick with nerves that you could carve them right out of the air around them. Torkoal raises her head, knocking Yougi's jeans somewhat, and as he looks down to her she nods at him and proceeds to make her way out towards the cloud of dust that lingers behind the 3 fast moving pokemon.

Yougi pauses for a second before setting off after Torkoal. He had no intention of avoiding the fight, but thought it best to stay a few steps behind so that should fighting ensue he'd have a better chance of getting himself out of the firing line as soon as his pokemon was doing battle. He hoped that Torkoal knew that he was just behind her and that he wasn't going to abandon what they'd already started. Still, as he unclipped Clefairy from his belt intent on giving her her first taste of battle, he felt nervous. In part because he didn't want to let her down and watch her faint as Aerodactyl had, but also because he felt obliged to ensure that Torkoal would make it out of the fight in one piece to look after her children.

PeeGee
24th January 2011, 4:55 AM
Desert of Illusion

Yougirasu: Following Torkoal, you grab a hold of the ball that Clefairy is residing in. Unclipping it you feel a little nervous, it is her first battle and you don't want her to faint like Aerodactyl had done earlier. Nevertheless you keep walking, you grip tightening a little bit on your ball. In front of you Torkoal keeps glancing backwards, both to make sure that you are still there and to make sure that her eggs are safe. Suddenly there is a loud roar, the sound taking you by surprise. Onix, Sandshrew and Cacnea have stopped, each of them raring to battle. Torkoal steps forward, the fire turtle still glancing back at her eggs and and lets out a little puff of fire. The four pokemon began to talk, or at least you think that they are talking, all you can hear is them speaking their pokemon speak. Soon the pokemon stop and Sandshrew and Cacnea step forward. Torkoal also steps forward and looks across at you. It appears that you and Torkoal are to fight Sandshrew and Cacnea.

What will you do?

yougirasu
31st January 2011, 7:08 PM
Desert of Illusion

Yougirasu: Following Torkoal, you grab a hold of the ball that Clefairy is residing in. Unclipping it you feel a little nervous, it is her first battle and you don't want her to faint like Aerodactyl had done earlier. Nevertheless you keep walking, you grip tightening a little bit on your ball. In front of you Torkoal keeps glancing backwards, both to make sure that you are still there and to make sure that her eggs are safe. Suddenly there is a loud roar, the sound taking you by surprise. Onix, Sandshrew and Cacnea have stopped, each of them raring to battle. Torkoal steps forward, the fire turtle still glancing back at her eggs and and lets out a little puff of fire. The four pokemon began to talk, or at least you think that they are talking, all you can hear is them speaking their pokemon speak. Soon the pokemon stop and Sandshrew and Cacnea step forward. Torkoal also steps forward and looks across at you. It appears that you and Torkoal are to fight Sandshrew and Cacnea.

What will you do?


As Yougi walks out with Torkoal, he grasps the pokeball on his belt that contains Clefairy and as he moves to unclip the ball he feels the nerves speaking up again. With this being the first time that Clefairy had been outside her ball since the trade in which he'd received her, Yougi really didn't want to see things go the same way as they had for Aerodactyl. Regardless of his nerves though, he keeps walking and stays just a few steps behind Torkoal and simply tightens his grip on Clefairy's ball to try and work out those nerves.

As Torkoal glances backwards once again, something she'd been doing quite often to ensure that Yougi was following her all the way and that her eggs were safe, a loud roar echoes out throught the desert. Yougi jumps at the loud cry and Torkoal seems shaken by it to as they both look to see what it was for.

Ahead of them, Onix Sandshrew and Cacnea have stopped and look intent on battling. But before anything happens, Torkoal steps forward, glances at her eggs and releases a puff of smoke that gently rises. She calls out to the pokemon facing them and the group seem to enter a tense conversation. Tilting his head, Yougi tries to figure out what's being suggested through the myriad of Sandshrew, Onix, Cacnea and Torkoal cries. But before he has the faintest idea of what's being discussed, the talking is over.

Leveling his head, Yougi sees that both Sandshrew and Cacnea have stepped forward away from the Onix that brought them over. Torkoal also moves forwards by just a few steps and looks across at Yougi. After surveying the scene for a second, Yougi assumes that he and Torkoal will be battling both Cacnea and Sandshrew and that Onix isn't involved either to keep things fair or because of it's battle with Growlithe earlier. Regardless, he wasn't going to be the one battling and with a quick flick of his wrist he releases Clefairy from the captivity of her Pokeball.

She blinks a little as the light strikes her eyes, the location is clearly out of her norm but she see's that there's two pokemon facing her intent on battling. Yougi decides to speak out to her, to calm her somewhat,
"Clefairy, we've got a double battle here, but things shouldn't be to bad. Just don't get the sun in your eyes."
He paused for a second to think about what would be best for the battle. Clefairy had moves to deal with both pokemon that she was facing but, as he brushed the sweat off his brow, Yougirasu realised that the natural sunlight would hinder some of the effectivity of the moves she could use against Cacnea. Instead, he'd do his best to focus on the Sandshrew as that was where he could make the biggest impact and Torkoal could do the same against Cacnea.

Deciding on the moves he'd like Clefairy to start off with, he called out once more,
"Clefairy, focus on Sandshrew for the time being and start with Magical Leaf before following up with Sing. Sandshrews like to get in close, so we'll want to try and keep some distance."
With his decisions made, he looked over at Torkoal, wondering how she was after all she'd been through and how she would react to the battle.

enchantress
5th February 2011, 1:43 PM
It's been months since some of you have replied, and since Food Guy has PM'd those of you who have gone inactive and received either no response or a reply to say you've quit, we need to finalise this thread so that new people can join FB.

CyberBlastoise has completed his adventure in the Arcane Realm and Yougirasu is ongoing, but the following members have found that we are not quite what they were looking for.

Atari
bigtukker
Dramon
Rangeet
Ysavvryl

We are now instating the AR's activity rule which states that you need to remain active in this zone if you wish to graduate to official FB member status. If the five of you wish to rejoin FB at a later date, we'll be more than happy to see you sign up when SPPF registration reopens again.

For now we'll leave Food Guy and Yougirasu to wrap up this current group, which shouldn't take long now.

PeeGee
6th February 2011, 3:59 AM
Desert of Illusion

Yougirasu: You release Clefairy from her ball, the fairy pokemon letting out an ecstatic cry as you do so. You tell her what to do, which is focus on attacking the Sandshrew. She nods and gets ready to fight. Realising that the normal type will be fighting it, the ground type pokemon brings his attention to Clefairy. The normal type throws her arms forward, and as if by Magic a group of Leaves burst forward and make their way towards Sandshrew. The shrew spits forth a Swift array of stars, hoping to perhaps cancel out Clefairy's attack. However, the two attacks merely pass each other, with several stars and leaves hitting and destroying each other, and both pokemon are hit by the other's attack, Sandshrew taking more damage than Clefairy. As both pokemon stumble from the attacks Sandshrew is able to get its grounding back first and lunges at Clefairy. It Furiously Swipes at the fairy pokemon, getting in several good hits. Your pokemon swats away Sandshrew and opens her mouth nice and wide, Singing a beautiful lullaby. Sandshrew's eyes begin to droop and it falls face first into the sand, fast asleep.

What will you do?

yougirasu
7th February 2011, 1:37 AM
Desert of Illusion

Yougirasu: You release Clefairy from her ball, the fairy pokemon letting out an ecstatic cry as you do so. You tell her what to do, which is focus on attacking the Sandshrew. She nods and gets ready to fight. Realising that the normal type will be fighting it, the ground type pokemon brings his attention to Clefairy. The normal type throws her arms forward, and as if by Magic a group of Leaves burst forward and make their way towards Sandshrew. The shrew spits forth a Swift array of stars, hoping to perhaps cancel out Clefairy's attack. However, the two attacks merely pass each other, with several stars and leaves hitting and destroying each other, and both pokemon are hit by the other's attack, Sandshrew taking more damage than Clefairy. As both pokemon stumble from the attacks Sandshrew is able to get its grounding back first and lunges at Clefairy. It Furiously Swipes at the fairy pokemon, getting in several good hits. Your pokemon swats away Sandshrew and opens her mouth nice and wide, Singing a beautiful lullaby. Sandshrew's eyes begin to droop and it falls face first into the sand, fast asleep.

What will you do?


With Clefairy brought to battle and clearly eyeing up Sandshrew under Yougi’s orders her opposition focuses on her, realising that it may well be Clefairy’s primary target. The air is rigid with tension in the slight pause where the two stare each other down as the gentle winds howl somewhat as the graze across the scorched sands.

Throwing her arms forward, Clefairy summons up some of her grass energy from within to send a barrage of leaves bursting forth as if from nowhere. As the blades make their way towards Sandshrew, it releases a burst of bright stars. Spitting them out in hopes of nullifying Clefairy’s original onslaught. The two attacks, however, mostly bypass each other with only a few making contact with the other causing both parts to burst into glimmering ashes that float gently down towards the sand. With the two attacks past one another, they strike their respective targets dealing good blows, but as Yougi notes, Sandshrew will have taken more due to typing.

Both stumble backwards, caught slightly off guard by the barrage that struck them and make an attempt to gather their poise the fastest and gain an advantage. Sandshrew does so faster than its opposition and quickly leaps forwards, aiming to seize the edge it’s found. As it lunges, it swipes with its sharp claws, furiously scratching at Clefairy who calls out in pain as the mouse pokémon gains several good hits.
Clefairy makes an attempt to bat Sandshrew away as the two seem slightly intertwined after the assault and as she gets a gap she opens her mouth. Stretching it wide, she releases a soothing melody, a lullaby of sorts that echoes out across the sand. Yougi hoped that the sound wouldn’t impede Torkoals assault on Cacnea but notices that the calming sound has lulled Sandshrew into a state of sleep as it slumps forwards and lands face first in the sand.

Looking at the snoozing pokémon, Yougi hopes that the sand won’t hinder it’s breathing too much. Noting that Sandshrew are somewhat known for burying within various terrains, he calms himself that it should be fine when dealing with a bit of sand and he decides to take advantage of Sandshrews snooze to gain some thinking time.
He notes that whilst they’ve gotten off to a decent start, they might be fairly even and that Clefairy won’t be able to rely on her only grass attack forever. He has to find a way to inflict noticeable damage to the shrew-like pokémon. Suddenly, he slaps his hand up to his forehead with a force that leaves both parts stinging. He’d realised that Clefairy had been taught a move a while back that could seriously boost her attacking prowess, but on the downside would cut her health drastically. Although he was unsure about using wish due to any possible delays, he knew that Clefairy did have one other move to gain some of her health back, but it wouldn’t gain a boost.

Yougi winced at the thought of his strategy. Clefairy would have a disadvantage when it came to the comparison of health after the end of the orders, but she’d gain a significant boost that should give her enough of an edge to claw it back quickly. But on the plus side, he did intend on following it up with a move to ease some of her pain. He called out to Clefairy, hoping not to meet her eyes for to long as he gave his orders.
“Clefairy, we should try and gain an edge, but to get a little you have to give a little. So open up with a Belly Drum and then get a bit of relief by using Dream Eater. But if your drumming wakes Sandshrew,” Yougi’s voice cracked here as he severely hoped that it wouldn’t wake Sandshrew. Clearing his throat, he continued
“If Sandshrew should wake use Zen Headbutt instead of Dream Eater.”

He really did want Clefairy to get some relief after her first move, but it was all down to a bit of luck now Yougi thought as he strained his head away from Clefairy to avoid any unsettling gaze and to check on how Torkoal was fairing up.

PeeGee
14th February 2011, 9:56 PM
Desert of Illusion

Yougirasu: Your fairy nods her head, also understanding that your plan could be potentially dangerous. She lifts up her arms and starts to beat them against her Belly, as if it were a Drum. She shudders as her body exchanges health for strength, Clefairy now looking a little worse for wear. Still laying on the ground, Sandshrew was snoring its little head away, there not appearing to be any signs of waking up anytime soon. Seeing that her opponent was still incapacitated by slumber, Clefairy gives a wicked little smile as she starts to wave her arms back and forth. Sandshrew tosses and turns, his head dimly glowing. Suddenly an orb of dark... stuff floats out of the shrew's head and is absorbed by Clefairy, replenishing her health somewhat. However, the Dream Eater has a little bit of a side effect, Sandshrew waking up. The ground type rubs its eyes and lets out a little yawn, moments before remembering that its in a battle. Not too happy that it had been put to sleep, Sandshrew spits out a barrage of stars, the Swift easily finding its target. Knocked back slightly, Clefairy easily regains her composure, and glares a little at Sandshrew. At the end of that round, Sandshrew is panting slightly, a sign that Clefairy is in better shape than the ground type pokemon.

What will you do?

yougirasu
14th February 2011, 10:46 PM
Desert of Illusion

Yougirasu: Your fairy nods her head, also understanding that your plan could be potentially dangerous. She lifts up her arms and starts to beat them against her Belly, as if it were a Drum. She shudders as her body exchanges health for strength, Clefairy now looking a little worse for wear. Still laying on the ground, Sandshrew was snoring its little head away, there not appearing to be any signs of waking up anytime soon. Seeing that her opponent was still incapacitated by slumber, Clefairy gives a wicked little smile as she starts to wave her arms back and forth. Sandshrew tosses and turns, his head dimly glowing. Suddenly an orb of dark... stuff floats out of the shrew's head and is absorbed by Clefairy, replenishing her health somewhat. However, the Dream Eater has a little bit of a side effect, Sandshrew waking up. The ground type rubs its eyes and lets out a little yawn, moments before remembering that its in a battle. Not too happy that it had been put to sleep, Sandshrew spits out a barrage of stars, the Swift easily finding its target. Knocked back slightly, Clefairy easily regains her composure, and glares a little at Sandshrew. At the end of that round, Sandshrew is panting slightly, a sign that Clefairy is in better shape than the ground type pokemon.

What will you do?


Clefairy nods in acceptance with the plan, realising the risks and to opportunities it would present before lifting up her arms. Beating them against her abdomon like it was a drum, each beat inflicting more damage on her belly as additional strength surges through her body. Her whole body shudders slightly as the exchange reaches climax and whilst she looks decidedly worse for wear, she has an air of strength that shows in her posture.

Throught the beating of bodies, Sandshrew simply lay there. Snoozing peacefully oblivious to Clefairys techniques, with the occasional gentle snore slipping past it's lips. With no sign of it waking, Clefairy takes note of this and a wicked smile flickers across her lips for a moment before disappearing like it had never been there. Waving her arms back and forth a few times before bringing them forwards and focusing them on Sandshrew, as Sandshrew tossed and turned in it's sleep as it's head glowed slightly.

"Woah!" Yougi exclaimed as an orb of dark material suddenly appeared and floated out of Sandshrews head. The orb was quickly guided over to Clefairy by her arms and she absorbs it in completion of the move, enjoying Sandshrews dreams as her health replenished. However, as she was doing so, the small mouse-like pokemon rubbed it's eyes and yawned slightly after it's nap. It took Sandshrew a few moments to realise that it hadn't been napping in it's burrow and that instead it was in the midst of battle, something that it appeared displeased about as a barrage of stars burst forth from it's mouth.

The swift attack flew through the desert air and easily found it's target, knocking Clefairy back as the attack shook her composure. She quickly regained it as she glared at Sandshrew, displeased at the attack she hadn't exactly been expecting.

Yougi surveyed the pair that stood in front of him, noting all the changes and figuring out his next move. Clefairy had taken a significant drop in health for a boost, but she had recovered some of it with the Dream Eater whilst Sandshrew pants slightly suggesting that it might be a little worse for wear when compared to Clefairy. There was some distance between the two pokemon, something that had to be factored into Yougi's decision. He needed to get Clefairy close to the opposing Sandshrew with her taking as little damage as possible to maximise his edge. Suddenly, almost as if a light bulb had lit over his head, he remembered the move she would have used if Sandshrew had woken before the Dream Eater was used.

Hoping that it would be strong enough to get her across the distance with as little harm as possible, Yougi calls out his orders.
"Clefairy, cross the sand between you to strike it with a Zen Headbutt. Then give Sandshrew a Doubleslap for good measure."

PeeGee
15th February 2011, 2:48 AM
Desert of Illusion

Yougirasu: Clefairy nods and faces Sandshrew, the ground type staring back. The fairy's head begins to glow purple before she shoots forwards, making her way to the shrew. She does make her way over, straight into the pokemon's face. Sent flying backwards, Sandshrew picks itself up and lunges at Clefairy. Her opponent moving too quickly for her to react, Sandshrew Slashes at her face with one of its claws. Letting out a little squeal of pain, Clefairy wails into Sandshrew with her Double Slap, the strength of the attack increased due to her earlier Belly Drum. Being hit five times, Sandshrew gave one last little cry before falling to the ground unconscious. Level up for Clefairy.

With your fight done and dusted you look across at Torkoal to see that she has defeated the Cacnea, not even looking like she was hit. Suddenly Onix lets out a roar and faces you. Clefairy gets ready to fight again, but the rock snake merely picks up Cacnea and Sandshrew and slinks away. Beside you Torkoal lets out a little sigh of relief before she suddenly turns around and runs back to her nest. Thinking that something may be wrong, you and Clefairy follow her. Catching up to the fire type at her nest, you see her standing over her eggs. Moving forward for a closer look, you see that her eggs have hatched, and that now she has three little baby Torkoals. As the babies snuggle up to their mother, one of them looks up at you with interest. It stumbles on over to you and looks up at you. It seems that the baby knows what you did for its mother and for the eggs, Torkoal must have managed to tell them before you had arrived at the altar. The look on its face tells you that it is interested in joining you and your motley team of pokemon, to go on adventures and what not.

Upon replying to this update, you are free to leave the AR and adventure in mainstream zones. Also in addition, upon the capture of the Lv 1 Female Torkoal, you will gain access to the Egg House.

I had a good time updating you and I hope to update you again in the future.

yougirasu
16th February 2011, 5:42 PM
Desert of Illusion

Yougirasu: Clefairy nods and faces Sandshrew, the ground type staring back. The fairy's head begins to glow purple before she shoots forwards, making her way to the shrew. She does make her way over, straight into the pokemon's face. Sent flying backwards, Sandshrew picks itself up and lunges at Clefairy. Her opponent moving too quickly for her to react, Sandshrew Slashes at her face with one of its claws. Letting out a little squeal of pain, Clefairy wails into Sandshrew with her Double Slap, the strength of the attack increased due to her earlier Belly Drum. Being hit five times, Sandshrew gave one last little cry before falling to the ground unconscious. Level up for Clefairy.

With your fight done and dusted you look across at Torkoal to see that she has defeated the Cacnea, not even looking like she was hit. Suddenly Onix lets out a roar and faces you. Clefairy gets ready to fight again, but the rock snake merely picks up Cacnea and Sandshrew and slinks away. Beside you Torkoal lets out a little sigh of relief before she suddenly turns around and runs back to her nest. Thinking that something may be wrong, you and Clefairy follow her. Catching up to the fire type at her nest, you see her standing over her eggs. Moving forward for a closer look, you see that her eggs have hatched, and that now she has three little baby Torkoals. As the babies snuggle up to their mother, one of them looks up at you with interest. It stumbles on over to you and looks up at you. It seems that the baby knows what you did for its mother and for the eggs, Torkoal must have managed to tell them before you had arrived at the altar. The look on its face tells you that it is interested in joining you and your motley team of pokemon, to go on adventures and what not.

Upon replying to this update, you are free to leave the AR and adventure in mainstream zones. Also in addition, upon the capture of the Lv 1 Female Torkoal, you will gain access to the Egg House.

I had a good time updating you and I hope to update you again in the future.


With Clefairy nodding in response to orders, she faces the Sandshrew that stood ahead of her staring back. With a small amount of focus, her head glows a gentle purple before she pushes her self off towards the shrew with the intensity of the glow growing with each step. Crossing the gap efficiently, she makes her way over and slams into Sandshrews face, which seems to recoil in slow motion from the blow, sending it flying backwards.
As Sandshrew recovers, picking itself up from within the sand, it quickly moves in towards Clefairy and with a lunge it slashes at her face. Being to quick to react to, all Clefairy can do is let out a small squeal of pain as Sandshrew's claws rake over her face before retaliating in frustration with an aggressive double slap. With the belly drums effect coursing through her, the 5 sets of slaps deal an intense amount of damage and as the last slap lands, catching Sandshrew under it's snout, the pokemon let's out a final timid cry before being knocked backwards with the momentum of the blow.

Yougi looks over at Torkoal with Sandshrew KO'd, Yougi looks over at Torkoal as Clefairy celebrates her victory and the level it seemed to have brought with it. Cacnea lies a few feet from Torkoal, clearly unconscious, with Torkoal looking unharmed within the battle. A loud roar brings Yougi's attention towards Onix as it faces the two of them. Looking aggressive, Clefairy prepares to leap into battle again but the rock snake simply shifts its tail underneath the knocked out pokemon to lift them onto it's body before slinking away through the sand.

Torkoal seems to breathe a sigh of relief with Onix's retreat from the battle scene before suddenly jerking her head round and running back towards her nest. Noticing her sharp departure, Yougi quickly follows with Clefairy and catches up to the speedy pokemon at her nest. Standing over her eggs, Yougi has to lean in closer to see exactly what was going on but the closer inspection revealed that the eggs had hatched with three baby Torkoals nuzzling against their mother. As they all snuggle against her, one of them looks up at him with interest before stumbling over for a better look.
Looking up with curiosity and a sense of respect, Yougi assumes that their mother must have informed them of his recent actions within the desert before he arrived at the altar whilst the look on it's face showed that it was intensely interested in Yougi and his pokemon.

Sitting down in the sand, Yougi endured the excess heat to fuss the young hatchling whilst putting some thought into the predicament that lay before him. The young Torkoal clearly seemed intent on travelling with him, but already having a fire type in Growlithe Yougi didn't love the idea of having another fire type travelling with him. One thing he had to take into account was the rumors he'd heard about certain locations within the towns, places he'd intended to visit after his trip into the desert, that required you to have a captured pokemon before you could use their services. This proved to be quite a dilemma for Yougirasu as if he was to take the young pokemon with him like it wanted, he'd be removing it from it's mother who'd taken such care of it as an egg and as a result he'd feel obligated to care for it.

Screwing up his face with frustration, Yougi was having trouble working through the problem and although not very productive, it made him feel slightly better. It took him a while, but he eventually made a decision. Provided he could get PC access before he filled up all his available slots, he would be able to hold onto the young fire turtle and train it at a later date when Growlithe had gone and grown up to the point where he'd barely need Yougirasu.

Taking out one of his Pokeballs (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=11248731&postcount=222), Yougi rolled it towards the young Torkoal who'd been so interested in him. In a playful response, Torkoal made an attempt to play with the Pokeball before it was taken within in a bright light, offering little resistance to the capture. Picking up the Pokeball, Yougi turned to Torkoal and said,
"I'll be sure to take good care of her."

With that, he turned and slowly walked with the fading sun set ahead of him, he walked towards the nearest town where he'd be able to fully rest up and decide on the location for his next travels.

Ethe
13th March 2011, 9:46 AM
The Graveyard (Please reply in Silver)
A haunting graveyard where the spirits of Pokémon have been put to rest. At night a thick fog hangs in the air while the restless spirits of those Pokémon with unfinished business rise from the grave, looking for closure that often never comes.
The sudden silence of the eerie graveyard fell onto Diego like a bag of bricks, leaving his mind stilled as he stepped through a rusted wrought iron gate to the graveyard. An even heavier sense of abandonment weighed the atmosphere down, and it felt almost as if a layer of cobwebs and dead plants were the culprit that muffled Diego's evenly paced footsteps. With his new backpack, tools, and items, Diego snickered as he thought that his destination in the center of the suffocating fog was a boarding school he enrolled at.

Clearing out the fog and dust Lopunnies from his mind, Diego cheerfully looked up at the full moon that still shone through the blanketing fog. After enjoying that sights, his eyes flickered between the tombstones that materialized from the fog as they came into view, but only taking it in listlessly as he felt whatever was of importance to the graveyard was deeper in. Feeling the humid air thicken as He walked farther in, Diego began to be warier of his surroundings as he slowed his pace and breathing.

With the cold fog nipping at his nose, Diego was now gazing intently at the tombstones, often stopping during his late night stroll to read an interesting engraving here and there. After taking in a few emotional messages from the last tombstones he visited, the graveyard began to feel much more alive than it had before, or perhaps undead would be the proper term at the moment... Diego anxiously clutched the PokeBall at his waist when he couldn't help but feel as if creatures invisible to the trainer were now eyeing him intently...

enchantress
20th March 2011, 2:46 PM
The Graveyard - Please reply in silver

Ethe: Waking with a start, your heart beating so rapidly you feel it's about to burst from your chest, you gasp for breath before pulling your hand up to shield your eyes from the sunlight while scrambling to your feet ready to run from the dangers lurking around you. Extremely confused, it takes a moment for you to realise that you aren't in the middle of a spooky, fog-filled cemetery in the middle of the night while invisible creatures eye you hungrily, but at the entrance to Mediville's graveyard in the mid afternoon where you'd fallen asleep earlier in the day after stopping to take a rest by the large oak tree situated next to the graveyard's entrance. After taking a couple of minutes to gather yourself your eyes fall over the scene before you. Rather than a rusted wrought iron gate guarding an overgrown cemetery strewn with cobwebs and dead plants, a well kept white picket fence surrounds neatly trimmed gardens and freshly mowed lawns. This may for the most part be a graveyard belonging to a farming community, but those who live here respect those who have passed and always keep the area well maintained. Wondering why you'd managed to have such a pre-conceived notion of dark and dangerous entities, your mind returns to the whispers you've heard of strange goings-on that occur in this deceptively ordinary little place. Deciding to stick around to find out for yourself if there is any truth in those rumours you figure that with a few hours to kill before nightfall you may as well familiarise yourself with the terrain as there's no telling when you may need to know exactly where you need to be going. Wandering around the graveyard you watch people come and go as they pay their respects to lost family members, but one little boy in particular has drawn your attention. He is dressed in camouflage clothing, his face streaked with dirt as he goes about his business placing sticks and other random items in what appear to be strategic locations. His expression is determined, and lost in thought he doesn't notice anybody else, least of all you, in the vicinity. Considering he's only about seven or eight years old you're not sure he should be out here alone, especially with night is closing in, but at the same time don't feel it's your place to be telling him to run along home. When you walk close by him, he looks up suddenly, as though startled, before placing his finger to his lips. "Shhh, the vampires are coming," he whispers before scampering off around the corner of a nearby crypt and out of sight. You stare after him for a moment, taken aback, before shrugging off what he has said. Vampires, hmmpf. Vampires are mythical creatures, they're not real. Are they? Turning your attention back to the graveyard you note there are many marble crypts running along the eastern and western edges of the graveyard with countless rows of headstones taking up the main portion of the cemetery. Small gardens surround the crypts with a single, neat row of flowers running between each row of graves. It's a pretty little place, hardly one that seems at all out of the ordinary. A lady in her early thirties then approaches you, asking if you've seen an eight year old boy. Thinking back to the vampire child you realise this woman must be his very worried mother, but something in her expression makes you wonder if you should be telling her anything at all...

Copygoo
22nd March 2011, 3:07 AM
Silverton Ranges (Please reply in LightSteelBlue)
A snow-capped mountain range where many wild Pokémon reside. Many old mines litter the mountainside from the days when silver was heavily mined, but due to the often below zero temperatures, they were eventually abandoned. Rumor has it however, that there are still many valuable ores hidden within the mountains.

The chill of the snowy mountain prickled Eric's skin, causing him to instinctively curl up his arms. Underneath a black ski mask Eric grinned. "Well, I didn't realize this place would be this cold. How are you holding up, Isaac?" The Mareep bleated a relatively comfortable cry in return. His crackly yellow fur was dotted with snowflakes, but he seemed otherwise fine. Eric nodded and kept his eyes on the rocky path in front of him, dotted with patches of ice. He flexed his gloved fingers to keep them warm.

Eric soon lost concentration and began staring down the side of the mountain, when he suddenly came into contact with some slippery ice and skidded head over heels, smashing into the ground. "Motherfudger!" Eric muttered under his breath to a snickering chorus of "Re-heeheep!" from Isaac. Standing up, Eric quickly scanned his body for bruises, raising the legs of his ski pants and the sleeves of his thick jacket. Content that there was no blood, Eric strided along on the mountain.

Occasionally a particularly thick patch of snow would grab his attention, and Eric would mindlessly paw together a rough snowball and test his aim at a nearby rock. The path was soon littered by chunks of snow. Most of the snowballs sailed past, missing by a few inches. One hit Isaac, who playfully tackled Eric into the snow with a bleat of "Maarrr!" as retribution. They shared a laugh before brushing the snow out of their wool/clothes and continuing on, their spirits heightened. Eric's mind started to wander once more, and he gazed around them, intrigued by the frozen landscape.

((Here (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=12056310&postcount=108) is my registration post, just in case.))

themightydoof
23rd March 2011, 6:51 PM
Forest of Adventure (Please reply in LimeGreen)
According to legend, no trainer can enter this enchanted forest without an adventure befalling them.


Truth Amazon walked through the so-called 'Forest of Adventure, somewhat hoping that the 'adventure' part would start soon. Thus far, the place had proven incredibly boring. He had rather quickly chosen this destination after hearing its name, and was now beginning to wonder if he'd chosen badly.

He was dressed in his full The Mighty Doof uniform, wearing fairly normal, if a little tight, clothes, coloured in many different shades of brown. Tied around his neck was a brown cape that reached his ankles. Upon his head was a sort of crossbreed between a hat and a mask in the shape of a Bidoof's face. It covered his face down to just above his mouth, but he was able to see due to the eyes being made from one-way transparent material. Small tufts of messy brown hair stuck out slightly from underneath the hat/mask.

He let out a sigh of boredom. He at least needed some company. He took the Pokeball from his belt. Doof Jr was probably napping or something but tough. He pushed the button on the Pokeball, releasing the Bidoof in a burst of white light. He looked up at Truth, a look of annoyance on his face.

"Dooooooooof!" He complained.

"Deal with it," replied Truth. "I'm sick of walking on my own."

Doof Jr harrumphed but began to walk alongside his master as they made their way deeper into the green-tinted shade of the trees.

enchantress
26th June 2011, 6:33 PM
I'd like to offer the three of you - Ethe, Copygoo and themightydoof - my apologies. I'd rather be a reliable Mod than an unreliable updator so several things will be changing in the near future.

As of now the Arcane Realm is being permanently shut down. It may return one day, but that is unlikely.

If any of you are still interested in taking part in this RPG you are free to enter other zones.

There are changes in store for FB, long overdue changes, which are just around the corner.

Hopefully you'll now find there is more to FB than waiting on updates, so sit tight and hopefully it won't be long before activity starts to pick up again.