PDA

View Full Version : BF team r8ing

Aerik1990
24th May 2007, 3:47 PM
So im new here, I just started EV training a week ago (before that I was mindlessly grinding the Elite 4 and stuff without doing proper ev training beforehand).

anyways, here is my team I currently use for BF, i'm not completely satisfied with it because it has difficulties with certain pokemon (waters with ice beam or ice beamers mainly).

Sceptile@ shell bell (going for petaya but takes a while on colloseum)
Modest (252 SpAtk, 6 SpDef, 252 Spd)
Overgrow
-Dragon claw
-Thunderpunch
-crunch
-leaf blade

Salamance@leftovers (again, still saving for the colloseum item, CB this time)
Adamant (6 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd)
Intimidate
-Rock slide
-EQ
-flamethrower
-Fly (ugh I hate this move, but I wasted my AA, so again im going to get a AA for this one, because fly is just rubbish)

Metagross@none T_T, think this one will get leftovers asap
Adamant (140 HP, 252 Atk, 28 Def, 88 Spd)
Clear body
-meteor mash
-Psychic
-shadow ball
-explosion

I have only 2 frontier badges at the moment (luck and knowledge) and almost got the tactics symbol twice (failed tucker twice, what a bummer T_T)

Btw, all my pokemon are 61 due to me being lazy to train to 100 atm, will do so in the future

Reno
24th May 2007, 5:16 PM
scetile@leftovers
timid
-substitute
-leaf blade
-thunder punch
-leech seed

salamence@choice band/lum berry
lonely
-aerial ace/dragon dance
-earthquake
-rock slide
-fire blast

metagross@shell bell/choice band
adamant
-agility/sludge bomb
-meteor mash
-earthquake
-explosion

no walls=destined fail. get a regice to special wall, metagross can physical wall well enough and salamence can clean up i suppose.

cfc-4-eva
24th May 2007, 5:19 PM
scetile@leftovers
timid
-dragon claw
-leaf blade
-thunder punch
-leech seed

metagross@choice band
adamant
-rockslide
-meteor mash
-earthquake
-explosion

salamence@choice band
Adamant
-aerial ace
-earthquake
-rock slide
-fire blast

Scepgatr
24th May 2007, 5:27 PM
Salamance @ Choice Band
Intimidate
-Rock slide
-Earthquake
-Fire Blast
-Aerial Ace

Fire Blast is more useful than Flamethrower since you will be only fight 3 Pokémons. Most of the times, all three foes won't be weak to fire, hence less PP shouldn't be an issue. Additionally, since Adamant lowers SAtt, Flamethrower won't hit hard as you expect.

You can always breed Aerial Ace on to Salamence through the following breeding chain:
Taillow (Lv. 34) -> Swablu -> Bagon

Metagross @ Lum Berry
Adamant (170 HP, 252 Atk, 88 Spd)
Clear body
-Meteor Mash
-Earthquake
-Agility
-Explosion

To increase defenses, always increase HP first, then the Def/SDef stat. High HP Pokémons last much longer than Pokčmons with simply high defenses. E.g Blissey and Shuckle.

You can get another Earthquake TM through Pick Up. I am sure you will have some Rare Candies stored somewhere. Use the cloning glitch (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=134181) and get multiple Rare Candies. Feed them to Zigzagoon until its level 91. Clone the Zigzagoon so you have 6 of them. Then keep battling until their Pick Up Ability gets an Earthquake TM. Clone the Earthquake TM, so you never need to go through this process again.

Bulky Waters will always pose a threat towards the Metagross/Salamence combo, so best to take a Ludicolo along:

Ludicolo @ Leftovers
Calm (252 HP, 96 Def, 160 SDef)
Swift Swim/Rain Dish
Leech Seed
Toxic
Protect
Surf/Dive

Aerik1990
24th May 2007, 8:12 PM
Salamance @ Choice Band
Intimidate
-Rock slide
-Earthquake
-Fire Blast
-Aerial Ace

Fire Blast is more useful than Flamethrower since you will be only fight 3 Pokémons. Most of the times, all three foes won't be weak to fire, hence less PP shouldn't be an issue. Additionally, since Adamant lowers SAtt, Flamethrower won't hit hard as you expect.

You can always breed Aerial Ace on to Salamence through the following breeding chain:
Taillow (Lv. 34) -> Swablu -> Bagon

Metagross @ Lum Berry
Adamant (170 HP, 252 Atk, 88 Spd)
Clear body
-Meteor Mash
-Earthquake
-Agility
-Explosion

To increase defenses, always increase HP first, then the Def/SDef stat. High HP Pokémons last much longer than Pokčmons with simply high defenses. E.g Blissey and Shuckle.

You can get another Earthquake TM through Pick Up. I am sure you will have some Rare Candies stored somewhere. Use the cloning glitch (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=134181) and get multiple Rare Candies. Feed them to Zigzagoon until its level 91. Clone the Zigzagoon so you have 6 of them. Then keep battling until their Pick Up Ability gets an Earthquake TM. Clone the Earthquake TM, so you never need to go through this process again.

Bulky Waters will always pose a threat towards the Metagross/Salamence combo, so best to take a Ludicolo along:

Ludicolo @ Leftovers
Calm (252 HP, 96 Def, 160 SDef)
Swift Swim/Rain Dish
Leech Seed
Toxic
Protect
Surf/Dive

thx 4 the advice

I knew about the cloning glitch but never really spent time to test it and to clone items/pokemon

anyway thx 4 the advice of the ludicolo, my team was (for my standards) pretty ok but I knew the weaknesses were a problem to the team overall. Im now going to breed for a good lotad with leech seed =)

@Aldred FellBlade: thx 4 the advice, do you know if this would make a good special wall

Regice@(leftovers?)
nature:??
EV spread: 252 HP, 252 SPatk, 6 (sp)def
-Ice beam
-T-bolt
-??
-??

@cfc-4-eva: I dont think 2 CB'rs is a good plan, especially when they have 2 of the same moves, I think it would be a better plan for me to get some different moves to cover most of the weaknesses, but thanks for you advice ;)

Pika Egg
24th May 2007, 11:19 PM
Rest and Thunderwave/Toxic/Sleep Talk for the last two moves on Regice. Less EVs in Sp.Att. though and more in Defense.