PDA

View Full Version : Is Serebii's site and Forums considered Advertising now?

Shuko
24th May 2007, 5:02 PM
I was in the non-wifi chat last night and I pasted in a link from a thread in the forums. I have always been under the impression that serebii-specific links were okay, and the kick scripts wouldn't boot ya for 'em. :p Well, this one did.

Note that I'm not upset, and I'm not being belligerent about this, lol. I don't mind a five minute kickban. (Even though the internet is like, my whole life, and that I languished and gnashed my teeth while I was banned. Omg!) :p

The only reason I bring it up is for clarity's sake. I want to know for sure if it's all Serebii-specific links, if it's just the forums, or if it might be some other exception I was unaware of. :p Thanks for reading guys! And thanks for patrolling the chats and booting the harassing ones, lol.

zipzap713
24th May 2007, 5:16 PM
Ok. You got killed by a script. Probably either Serebii's or Greg's. Sometimes the one of the scripts kicks you for posting a SPPf link, and sometimes it doesn't. But posting SPP and SPPf link doesn't count as advertising.

Serebii
24th May 2007, 5:27 PM
My script has protections stopping those links getting banned. I'll talk to greg

Shuko
24th May 2007, 5:46 PM
This is probably a point of significance. The link I posted was one that I had just posted on the forums. So it had a notably different format than normal links. Here's an example (but not THE specific example) I'm talking about:

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?p=6224604&posted=1#post6224604

See the specific php parameters in there? Maybe it just kicks on those kinds of links; I don't know. :p But I thought I'd let you know in case it's any help.

Erik Destler
24th May 2007, 8:09 PM
There's a chance it may have been my SPPScript clone Britney_Spears.. don't know why it's not protecting SPP/SPPf...

I'll talk to Greg and see if he can copy paste the protections script to me, in case something messed up.

Shuko
24th May 2007, 8:20 PM
There's a chance it may have been my SPPScript clone Britney_Spears.. don't know why it's not protecting SPP/SPPf...

I'll talk to Greg and see if he can copy paste the protections script to me, in case something messed up.Like I said, I don't really mind getting kicked for it, lol. It's only a five minute ban, and I was in the middle of playing my game anyway. :P I just wanted to bring it up in case it was an error, or in case there were new restrictions I hadn't read about, lol.

Thanks for taking it (and me) seriously. :p With all the "omg, I wuz bannedzorz unfairlies!" threads, I didn't expect to see much of a response, lol.