PDA

View Full Version : Roaming Legendary Frustration

Jiijii
26th May 2007, 7:01 AM
I've been having a lot of trouble getting my Suicine to appear in the wild in my leaf green game.

I must have spent at least 8 hours just running around in grass trying to catch a glimpse of it.

Slick
26th May 2007, 8:41 AM
You need to have a plan to get it to appear. Also, it moves everytime you move routes.

palkia1
26th May 2007, 10:36 AM
I caught my Suicune very quickly actually. I caught my Suicune in the little patch just west of Cerulean City the seventh time while I was EV training my bred Charmander. I had to use the Master Ball because I didn't have any other good balls.

The Shadow Knight
26th May 2007, 11:38 AM
Try this:fly to viridian and walk to the left go in the grass with a repel and a lv 20 or so poké in your first slot walk around,if you don't find in two minutes fly back to viridian and repeat.

Xashlei
26th May 2007, 12:42 PM
A Repel is usually good, so you won't attract unwanted weaker Pokemon. I also know someone who managed to find it using Sweet Scent, but Repel is the thing most people reccomend.

ShinyManafi
27th May 2007, 5:01 AM
Max Repel with a Lv.49 pokemon up front and wander around.

zeta219
27th May 2007, 5:57 AM
Suicune, as well as the other Legendary Dogs, wander all around different routes, not just in grass. I caught a Raikou in my FireRed while surfing to the Cerulean Cave! If you're searching for Suicune, you have to look in every nook and cranny around Routes, even in water!

Anaya
27th May 2007, 7:33 AM
Max Repel with a Lv.49 pokemon up front and wander around.

Yes. I highly suggest this. It's 100% fool-proof.

Lord_Sunday
27th May 2007, 8:18 AM
I had to use the Master Ball because I didn't have any other good balls.
I always use my masterball on those pesky fleeing legandarys, dont even bother mucking around with it, just MASTERBALL IT!!!!

Asarath365
27th May 2007, 1:25 PM
When I first saw Suicune in Fire Red I thought it was shiny ,I'll just cry in the corner now

freedom-123
27th May 2007, 2:04 PM
take full advantage of the dogs changing routes, the suggestion about max repel is the easier way to go and most common, it is also 100% guaranteed success

Lord_Sunday
27th May 2007, 2:32 PM
When I first saw Suicune in Fire Red I thought it was shiny ,I'll just cry in the corner now

lol, i remember that thread u made, asking if it was shiny...we feel for u man.

Jiijii
27th May 2007, 7:32 PM
Why the suggestion to use a level 49 pokemon in front?

Lord_Sunday
28th May 2007, 1:10 AM
Beacuse repel only "repels" pokemon of a level lower than the first pokemon in your pack. this would make suicune the only thing that could possible appear in the grass.

Asarath365
28th May 2007, 8:56 AM
Well i'm sure you can get suicune in Legendairy dogs r us

crudent
28th May 2007, 9:13 AM
I always use my masterball on those pesky fleeing legandarys, dont even bother mucking around with it, just MASTERBALL IT!!!!

What if there's a shiny? Or if you want to soft reset for good stats on legendaries? Seriously, just use the Max Repel way. It's much more effective.

crudent
28th May 2007, 9:17 AM

The key word here is "thought". Maybe it wasn't shiny at all.

Anyway if your wandering Legendary is shiny, it stays shiny, even if it runs. If you meet it again, it'll still be shiny.

Well i'm sure you can get suicune in Legendairy dogs r us

OMG THAT WAS SO NOT FUNNY, *******.

Lord_Sunday
28th May 2007, 10:53 AM
What if there's a shiny? Or if you want to soft reset for good stats on legendaries?

How will not having a masterball effect that???
The only pokemon that run away other than the dogs are safari zone pokemon, and you cant use your masterball on them anyway.

Lord_Sunday
28th May 2007, 10:55 AM
The key word here is "thought". Maybe it wasn't shiny at all.

Anyway if your wandering Legendary is shiny, it stays shiny, even if it runs. If you meet it again, it'll still be shiny.

He caught the suicune and made a thread asking if it was shiny. It wasnt, to his dismay.

Champion Jared 14
28th May 2007, 4:27 PM
Will they never appear again if they "roar" at you?? Raikou just did in my firered, and now I can't track him at all. I forget.

pichufan25
28th May 2007, 4:34 PM
i wasn't looking for it i was just lucky i just had completed the league and i was on my way to mewtwo so the little row of grass just before you surf to the cave i found entei, that time i didn't even know you could catch it on that game

crudent
28th May 2007, 4:48 PM
Will they never appear again if they "roar" at you?? Raikou just did in my firered, and now I can't track him at all. I forget.

Use the pokedex and search for it.

Champion Jared 14
28th May 2007, 4:53 PM
Yes I can get Entei, but is my Raikou forever gone?

EDIT: Crudent, I used my pokedex after it roared at me, but it continually said "area unknown". I hope it isn't gone for good.

crudent
28th May 2007, 5:04 PM
That's seriously strange. It will appear in your pokedex even after 1 encounter, provided you did not catch it.

Champion Jared 14
28th May 2007, 5:11 PM
nope, didnt catch it. It's in the dex though...

crudent
28th May 2007, 5:40 PM
Are you sure it said "Area Unknown"? Then something's seriously up.

Champion Jared 14
28th May 2007, 6:10 PM
Yup, it still says it. I looks like I have to restart...

My new suggestion for this: arena trappers, mean lookers, and shadow taggers won't work 100% at all. As soon as they use roar, they counter the abilities that prevent escape and attacks like mean look/spider web, etc.

But now, Pokemon like Octillery and Cradily, have suction cups as their ability, and they are immune to roar, but they don't prevent escape. I guess they should just be master balled then?

Sird
7th June 2007, 5:13 PM
IF YOU HAVE ENCOUNTERED IT BEFORE. YOU WILL HAVE THE DATA.

1.GO TO A PATCH OF GRASS THAT HAS A HOUSE IN THE SAME ROUTE.
2.GO INTO THE HOUSE, GUARDHOUSE (ANYTHING)
3.COME OUT AGAIN.
4.CHECK THE TRACKING SYSTEM.
5.IF IT IS IN THE AREA, ROUTE.(WHATEVER)GO AND CATCH IT.
(DO NOT LEAVE THE ROUTE, IT WON'T RUN OFF, USING MAX REPEL MAY BE USEFUL TOO)

6.IF IT IS NOT THERE GO IN THE HOUSE AGAIN AND COME OUT TO CHECK THE TRACKING SYSTEM AGAIN.
REPEAT TILL YOU SEE IT.;201-m;

Scepgatr
7th June 2007, 7:38 PM

If they Roar, then they are gone permanently.