PDA

View Full Version : Shiny Pokemon on eBay

Aewyne
27th May 2007, 6:19 AM
I was browsing eBay the other day and I came across a few auctions claiming to load shiny Pokemon onto a R/S/E/FR/LG cart.

Auction 1 (http://cgi.ebay.com/18-Rare-Pokemon-For-Emerald-Fire-Red-Ruby-Leaf-Green-Sa_W0QQitemZ160120368248QQihZ006QQcategoryZ62053QQ rdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)
Auction 2 (http://cgi.ebay.com/Shiny-Rare-Pokemon-for-Gameboy-Emerald-Ruby-Sapphire_W0QQitemZ320118731093QQihZ011QQcategoryZ6 2053QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

I'm not actually interested in bidding on any of the auctions as I don't have an eBay account of my own and my parents would probably not let me bid on auctions for items that physically don't exist xD But I was just wondering, out of sheer curiosity, how likely it is that the shinies are legit, and how the auction owner could prove that they're legit.

Seems a bit fishy to me...

ShinyManafi
27th May 2007, 6:22 AM
Hold on..they load shinies? Hacked then. =/

Alzi
27th May 2007, 6:22 AM
There fake, I never trust Ebay with pokemon things.

Anaya
27th May 2007, 6:27 AM
There fake, I never trust Ebay with pokemon things.

True Dat. I wouldn't suggest anyone buy anything Pokemon from eBay.

miken park
27th May 2007, 8:32 AM
Most stuff on ebay is illegit.

zeppelin
27th May 2007, 8:44 AM
Thats just sad, buying pixels from eBay.

Roselia---Rozureido
27th May 2007, 8:53 AM
At the bottom of the first one, the person offered to put ANY Pokemon shiny onto their game for an extra $1.00. Now are we supposed to believe that this person got 386 shiny Pokemon legitimately?

ahmad_bulba
27th May 2007, 9:13 AM
nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!its a TRAPP!

latiaswindblast
27th May 2007, 10:54 AM
Don't trust it.
They hack in the game.

freedom-123
27th May 2007, 11:18 AM
i would say that the first one the JAA and event pokemon are probably legitimate(id and OT exactly same as serebii listed), and the shiny legends are probably legitamate as they are soft-resettable, but the 386 shinies are most likely hacked...anyone agree/disagree with what i said?

Aewyne
27th May 2007, 12:26 PM
i would say that the first one the JAA and event pokemon are probably legitimate(id and OT exactly same as serebii listed), and the shiny legends are probably legitamate as they are soft-resettable, but the 386 shinies are most likely hacked...anyone agree/disagree with what i said?

That's exactly what I was thinking, the non-event Pokemon that are soft-resetable (legends/starters) are most likely legit, but everything else seems highly unlikely.

Xashlei
27th May 2007, 12:41 PM
Haha, I agree, it's untrustworthy. But hey, the pride of a shiny owner is finding them yourself right?

Yami Marius
27th May 2007, 12:43 PM
Either they're hacked or someone lacks a social life. Both are possible.

Aewyne
27th May 2007, 1:07 PM
But hey, the pride of a shiny owner is finding them yourself right?

I figured that the most likely customers were people who have intentions of cloning the shinies and then sending them to D/P to trade on the GTS. >.<

Xashlei
27th May 2007, 1:15 PM
You might be right Aewyne... there could be a lot of different intentions. The one you mentioned was really reeaally~ likely though.

Kametsou
27th May 2007, 1:17 PM
If thy were legit, they wouldn't be putting them up for $7.99, and it's not like he's just selling one lot of them, he's selling a whole bunch of them ("9 available", "10 available", ect).

Aewyne
27th May 2007, 1:28 PM
They could be cloned legit, and thus they'll still have an unlimited supply, and can charge as low or high as they need.

J. Fisk
27th May 2007, 4:01 PM

Why would they spend time soft resetting for the legendaries or starters, if they were just going to hack more shinies anyway? That's so inefficient!

J. Fisk
27th May 2007, 4:11 PM

Why would they spend time soft resetting for the legendaries or starters, if they were just going to hack more shinies anyway? That's so inefficient!

blasters49
27th May 2007, 6:20 PM
shinys on ebay are hacked

Aewyne
27th May 2007, 6:42 PM

If they're planning to sell on eBay, my guess is that they soft reset because they felt that people would pay more for legit shinies.

*shrug*

I actually emailed one of the auction owners, let's see if they're able to reproduce screenshots/pictures.

freedom-123
28th May 2007, 1:10 PM
haha i actually won one of those auctions it ended at 45 US for the game, i just wanna complete my pokedex! only need the 6 legends...and even if they are hacked...they are probably hacked properly as it seems that none of the buyer's games screwed up.

so i would still say that the any extra pokemon for $1 probably is hacked but the one listed before it is probably legit but cloned.

if you look at the details u can see that the id and OT are official event ids and OTs, and the listed legit shinies are all soft-resettable.

and the auctioner did not state that the 1 for $1 deal was legit

any ideas on these points?

Pokemon_Luver
29th May 2007, 9:09 AM
How can they load it onto your cart anyway?

Eevee_14
29th May 2007, 11:12 PM
the pokemon probably is not legit and they have used a ar and i wouldn't buy this if i was you so keep well away

DarkSpectrum
30th May 2007, 2:25 PM
I was browsing eBay the other day and I came across a few auctions claiming to load shiny Pokemon onto a R/S/E/FR/LG cart.

Auction 1 (http://cgi.ebay.com/18-Rare-Pokemon-For-Emerald-Fire-Red-Ruby-Leaf-Green-Sa_W0QQitemZ160120368248QQihZ006QQcategoryZ62053QQ rdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)
Auction 2 (http://cgi.ebay.com/Shiny-Rare-Pokemon-for-Gameboy-Emerald-Ruby-Sapphire_W0QQitemZ320118731093QQihZ011QQcategoryZ6 2053QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

I'm not actually interested in bidding on any of the auctions as I don't have an eBay account of my own and my parents would probably not let me bid on auctions for items that physically don't exist xD But I was just wondering, out of sheer curiosity, how likely it is that the shinies are legit, and how the auction owner could prove that they're legit.

Seems a bit fishy to me...

Both are definately hacked.... the 2nd is easy to see.
The 1st is harder but the phrase "All Pokemon have been tested They WILL OBEY & TRADE even Mew & Deoxys! (Provided you have the badges)" shows that they are definate hacks seeing as their obedience is in question (mew and deoxys have special coding that prevents most hacks from obeying).

Seth_X_of_Fortree
30th May 2007, 2:51 PM
He, the second is funny. Anywhere from lvl 2 to 50? hehehe.

sirnate20fan
22nd June 2007, 3:05 PM
If you notice, I never say the shinys are legit. The only Pokemon that I say are legit are the JAA event pokemon. It would be rediculous to think that someone would have 386 legit shiny pokemon. I did not hack them myself, simply pull them off of other game saves.

I do have legit Mew's , celebi's, Deoxys though, all from events.

http://www.losttreasuresonline.com/pokemon.html

nubinator
22nd June 2007, 3:55 PM
Lol I cant believe complete retards fall for this ****. They're oviously Hacked. There's no ****in way a person can get all 386 Shiny, Legit Pokemon

chorusco
22nd June 2007, 4:01 PM
I Think They May Be Fake

sirnate20fan
23rd June 2007, 2:29 PM
I just leave a message saying the SHINYS are not Legit and I AM the seller and 1 peoson thinks I'm falling for it and the other thinks they may not be real. Well they all migrate to D/P fine and thats all anyone cares about anymore.

Amostein
23rd June 2007, 3:52 PM
Hell, I can do that for free! All you need is ciros pokemon maker and an AR/GS o_O - crappy thing is you can't register them on coliseum for mount 100 battle v_v (yes I've done it before [not for shineys though - mine are real!]... but only for deoxys and mew as Nintendo didn't hold the events for them in Northern Ireland.... ).

Champion Jared 14
23rd June 2007, 8:54 PM
That's not new, its rather old.

bella_bellaboo
23rd June 2007, 9:09 PM
One Word: Hacked, They're not Legit. I Mean, on the Internet Most people would just Hack them, Then Put them up for Auction or Trade and mess up Someone else's Gamepack. I'm just not Buying that he got all 386 Pokemon Legit, it would take Years and Years to do that. 2004/2005, to 2007 is not a Phenominal Amount of Years. I would definetely Take this post, and every other post you See into Consideration. I Mean look, what's Phenominal is the Amounto of Post (Including this one), Telling you that They/him/she did not aqire them legitemely.