PDA

View Full Version : Daycare level up question.

Lord_Sunday
30th May 2007, 10:10 AM
1. When you level a pokemon up in the day care, does the amount its stats increase by take EV's into account. Like how a rare candy doesnt take EV's into account, is this the same with the day care???

I want to know so i can see if its safe to leave my pokemon in the day care until level 100, once they have max EV's, without affecting their stats.

2. Is thier any "easy" way to level pokemon up to Lv. 100, except leaving them in the daycare with the gameboy on, and the silly little man trying to run up a mach bike slope all night??? Otherwise i'll continue on with my plan. ^_^

miken park
30th May 2007, 10:51 AM
1. same effect as rare candies
2.no.

Lord_Sunday
30th May 2007, 11:57 AM
haha, ok.

So if i wanted to raise my pokemon by leaving them in the day care, to take full advantage of their EV's, i should take them out before level 100 and raise them the last few levels myself, this wont effect there final stats will it?

Scepgatr
1st June 2007, 12:46 PM
After you have EV trained, you can level up your Pokémon in whatever way you want. You can raise it in the Day Care, give it Rare Candies, or fight random trainers/Pokčmons.

Lord_Sunday
1st June 2007, 12:50 PM
^I thought that when you gave a pokemon a rare candy its stats increased by the base amount, and that it did not add on any bonuses gained from EV's. Now im confused, could someone please explain it to me, or post directions to a link?

Scepgatr
1st June 2007, 12:57 PM
Not sure exactly what you are asking. When a Pokémon levels up (by whatever method), EVs are applied. So, you do get the bonus points in the stats.

TotalPotato
1st June 2007, 3:45 PM
Let's say that your Pokémon fought 252 Zubats, 252 Machops and 6 Whismurs. Let's also say that by the time it has done this, it has grown to Level 80.

At this point, your Pokémon will have gained 252 Speed EVs, 252 Attack EVs and 6 HP EVs, which adds up to the maximum possible intake of 510 EVs. At this point, although your Pokémon has gained all the EVs it can, not all of these EVs will have been applied to its stats, since that only happens once the Pokémon reaches Level 100.

However, since at this point your Pokémon cannot possibly gain any more EVs, it is perfectly safe to give it Rare Candies or put it in the Daycare Centre. Your Pokémon will still have its EVs applied to its stats. All Rare Candies and the Daycare Centre do is level the Pokémon up without giving EVs, since you're not fighting an opposing Pokémon. They do not stop EVs already gained from being applied to stats.

Lord_Sunday
2nd June 2007, 1:59 AM
Thanks, I understand it fully now.

freedom-123
2nd June 2007, 2:23 PM
on that training bit...i always find training in pokemon league faster...it takes around 1 million steps, but each pokemon in pokemon league gives you around 1k-3k exp depending if your pokemon is trained or not...so dats like 1000+ steps from 1 pokemon...so id say its faster and more convinient

also if you have emerald u can do the cloning glitch to clone rare candies

Lord_Sunday
3rd June 2007, 8:29 AM
Yeh, I use the leauge on firered, as they give 300+ apiece, but now i just need a quick fix, and by leaving my gba on with the little man trying to get up the slope infinitly, i can level up my pokemon in my sleep :)