PDA

View Full Version : The Secret Sphere of Influence! (504)

Serebii
31st May 2007, 4:59 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/504.jpgThe Sinnoh Space-Time Legend!

The gang finally enter Eterna City, the home of the second Sinnoh Gym. However, before they get to the gym, they meet up with the old friends Gardenia & Nando. However, recently there has been a theft of the rare Adamant Orb, linked to Dialga and Nando & his Sunflora are implicated in the crime. Is Nando innocent and if so, will Ash & Co. manage to uncover the true culprits?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/shinou/504.shtml)

Discuss

scissorX
31st May 2007, 9:24 PM
What an awesome episode eh.

The first insight of Dialga and Palika, as well as.. TEAM GALACTIC! And the helicopter they rode was very similar to J's I do believe.

Seeing Nando again was cool also, as well as having lots of little battles. But best of all, Staravia left its Pokéball; even if it still did nothing.

Korobooshi Kojiro
31st May 2007, 11:47 PM
Speaking of J, Ash I believe mentioned her (with a pic), as well as Butch and Cassidy when thinking of possible thieves.

Mesprit, Dialga, Palkia, Yuxie, and Azelf all appear as statues.

The Tower of Space and Time from Movie 10 has a model in the museum.

Also, apparently that lax Jenny was from Viridian.

Oh, and Dawn knows the Dialga and Palkia story, as do most residents.

And Nando has won a Ribbon and beaten Gardenia.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/unown_/attach/dp036-01.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/unown_/attach/dp036-05.jpg

So yeah, it looks like the writers are attempting a running plot.

Pearl's Perap
1st June 2007, 2:35 AM
One great thing in my eyes about this episode, the first appearence of Team Galactic, from the preview, I expected nothing, but the teaser, as it were, at the end shows us there will be majour appearences, hopefully ones better than that of Magma and Aqua.

Shame they only showed Saturn, as appose to Mars or Jupiter, if i'm not mistaken, isn't he the last commander to be encountered? Though, I know, the animé does not mirror the games in any way shape or form...

Mythic Mist
1st June 2007, 2:41 AM
Wait..isn't Jupiter a girl though? <_< And I hate going by pictures, but, whoever does the backrounds did a nice job in this episode >_>

-Starly-
1st June 2007, 3:19 AM
Wait..isn't Jupiter a girl though? <_< And I hate going by pictures, but, whoever does the backrounds did a nice job in this episode >_>
It was Saturn that appeared, and the animation was OK for a KinoSHITa episode.

R_N
1st June 2007, 4:54 AM
So Galaxy really did appear? Huh, would have bet money on J being the anime's Galaxy....
And yay for remembering J and B&C; and a cameo of a 10th movie local is nice.
*will comment later when we gets pictures*

HoennMaster
1st June 2007, 5:09 AM
GALACTIC! Finally. I am so glad they finally appeared. Looks like a good episode, Team Galactic, "cameo" by J, Butch and Cassidy, Dialga, Plakia, the tower from the 10th movie. Movie Continuity has been proven!

My how that Jenny has changed.

S.Suikun
1st June 2007, 6:09 AM
Let's make this one quick:

- Three cross-dressing thieves have stolen a crystal soccer ball! Who knows what evil plans they have in store for it...like kicking it!
- Egads! It's the creepy masochistic girl from DP31!
- And it's Random Filler Dude from DP04! Anybody in a cowboy hat with long locks and who totes around a harp is just asking to be arrested. Or at least deserving of a house-egging.
- It's da Jenny from da hood!
- Jubilife TV Crew cameo!
- A ship with the Galactic logo is looming overhead...
- NATANE SINGING!?!
- "Did you hold a grudge against Mongomery Burns?" "No." *zap*
- Pikachu just grabbed Piplup in all sorts of inappropriate places!
- Oh gawd! James is pregnant!
- And Gardenia still has a thing for James' Pokemon.
- 'Bout time Stunky actually does something.
- And...RANDOM J AND GALACTIC CAMEOS!

I would have preferred it if they actually made Galactic the thieves in this episode instead of TR, as Galactic is already a few appearances behind in comparison to the games. Otherwise, I think we can bet on Nando making a third appearance in the future. He's the Casey of Sinnoh, I suppose. (except infinitely less obnoxious)

Korobooshi Kojiro
1st June 2007, 12:43 PM
Apparently, they suspect that Team Rocket was hired by Galatic.

scissorX
1st June 2007, 12:47 PM
I'm starting to think that J in someway will be hired by Team Galactic, as she is a very efficient Pokémon Hunter; so maybe they hire her to help them catch Dialga/Palika/random Pokémon they want (Clefairy etc)...

TeddiUrsa
1st June 2007, 12:50 PM
As Starly already said, it was a pretty decent episode for a Kinoshita-one. Maybe he IS improving? The anmation was lackluster ( reusing opening footage for showing Palkia & dialga? o.O) but the art was a lot better than previous kinoshita episodes.

I can´t wait for a certain someone to tear this episode apart because Naoshi wasn´t an evil madman...

pochama_blue
1st June 2007, 12:56 PM
yay for team Galactic!!!
and Azelf, Uxie and esprit too,
one question though what happened to team rocket at the end, did they get arrested or what

Seijiro Mafuné
1st June 2007, 4:04 PM
They ran away because Jessie was so infected by Stunky's stench that the dozens of officers couldn't bear the smell and opened a pathway for them.

Where is the second Jenny from? I heard 'Kanto' somewhere, but I don't know the Japanese names for the cities, thus... my curiosity.

Also, what did Dawn cry out, as she watched TR leave?

XyronTheFalcon
1st June 2007, 4:11 PM
The "Gangsta" Jessie is from Viridian.

And J being hired by Galactic is possible, but I think J kinda likes ash though.

Usually when Ash and co meet someone, they forget the person until they meet each other again. But, Ash actually mentioned J...which could be the start of something new..err...nevermind..

I could see, during the " Evil Team's Last Stand" Episode(s), as in the GrouGre Battle in Hoenn, J could doublecross Galactic( if she joins) or just help Ash and co defeat Galactic...

Provided The Writers capture Galactic's Bad ***'ness properly!

Jonah
1st June 2007, 4:34 PM
I seem to remember Saturn saying something when you first meet him about you being the one who raided the Galactic Eterna building, so Saturn being in this epi makes more sense than Mars, but still less than Jupiter.

What was Meowth's Boss Fantasy? I didn't see one in the epi pics.

Anyways, J and Saturn appearing was awesome (So, J is going to be a reccuring character?), but what did "Botch" and Cassidy have to do anything with anything?

Seijiro Mafuné
1st June 2007, 4:43 PM
XTF, it wasn't Ash (at least, not the one who referred to her and then the picture appeared), but one of the Jennies who commented about J being one of the options.

...and her liking him? Where did *that* come from, now?

Lucario At Service
1st June 2007, 5:28 PM
By looking at the episode pics i have a feeling that they are going to connect the anime & movie together this time, because they showed the Tower of Time & Space and also the legend.
But i am not sure how.

Extra:-Hey i got a very weird idea that Ash & Hunter J would be made in a sort of way as Ruby & Courtney were in the manga. Meaning how Courtney & Ruby where enemies first but then joined forces to fight together & became rivals after that, I think Ash & Hunter J would be showed in the similar way.

Alfonso
1st June 2007, 5:43 PM
I was a little worried about this episode at first, as I was hearing mummerings about Jessie and James joining Team Galactic. Glad to here that they were just hired to do the job, and...

Wait a second. Team Galactic are supposed to have quite a number of Rock Lee esque looking Grunts at their disposal, so why didn't they just get their own guys to do the job? :/

Butch and Cassidy being shown as possible thieves is win, and proves that Ash hasn't forgotten them. It's annoying though because it also proves that the writers DO remember stuff from the past, so why are things constantly over looked?

JANINE.

:<

Seijiro Mafuné
1st June 2007, 5:49 PM
You mean Brock.

AshfanGirl20
1st June 2007, 9:11 PM
By looking at the episode pics i have a feeling that they are going to connect the anime & movie together this time, because they showed the Tower of Time & Space and also the legend.
But i am not sure how.

Extra:-Hey i got a very weird idea that Ash & Hunter J would be made in a sort of way as Ruby & Courtney were in the manga. Meaning how Courtney & Ruby where enemies first but then joined forces to fight together & became rivals after that, I think Ash & Hunter J would be showed in the similar way.

If that is the case Ash will have his very first girl rival, I hope that happens. Ash will have two rivals than this series, J & Paul, maybe we can see Paul/Ash work together agianst J. Ahh so many ideas come to mind, any ways I liked this episode am glad Team Galxy is going to be in the anime and J is returning *WE*

pokemaster95
1st June 2007, 10:57 PM
If that is the case Ash will have his very first girl rival, I hope that happens. Ash will have two rivals than this series, J & Paul, maybe we can see Paul/Ash work together agianst J. Ahh so many ideas come to mind, any ways I liked this episode am glad Team Galxy is going to be in the anime and J is returning *WE*

That would mean Ash might have Three rivals because Shinji and maybe nando because someone in this tread said he earned a ribbon and beat gardena in a gym battle so he might be a rival and the if J becomes one rival then he would have three.

Good epi showing Butch and Cassidy as suspect was unespected but good and galaxy appearing is good.

Asarath365
1st June 2007, 11:03 PM
Whats the space and time legend?

Seiryu
1st June 2007, 11:05 PM
Team Galactic, J, Butch/Cassidy, Gardenia, and Nando all in one episode? Nice. Even though the first three were just cameos, nice. It really does seem as though the writers are pushing for a slightly more involving team plot, even if it did start pretty late in the series compared with the A/M plot. I honestly have not been this excited about the next few seasons of Pokemon in a long time.

And am I the only one who thinks that, based on the news that he has both a contest ribbon and Gardenia's badge, Nando might become a (or the) secondary rival for both Ash and Dawn? I mean, he might end up with a case of the Casey Syndrome in that he'll only appear for a few episode plots and not amount to anything major, but I don't remember Casey ever talking about her journey progress.

Geodude
1st June 2007, 11:25 PM
That's ridiculous. Ash and J will never be rivals in the way that Ash and Shinji or Dawn and Kengo are. J is not a trainer travelling to get badges, she's a thief and a grown woman who leads a team of her own.

Can we please talk about the episode itself instead of wild theories with zero basis?

Ash6K
2nd June 2007, 12:50 AM
Awesome episode!! First, the legendary trio and Dialga and Palkia get a mention. Seeing two Jennys is also great along with Gardenia! Glad to see Nando again as well. Plus, all the pokemon out, Pikachu and Piplup interaction, and cameos of Cassidy, Butch, J, and Team Galaxy equals one of the best D/P episodes. A great plot, imo with continuity! Can't wait to see where this leads to. (Also, Stunky is awesome!)

AshfanGirl20
2nd June 2007, 1:10 AM
That's ridiculous. Ash and J will never be rivals in the way that Ash and Shinji or Dawn and Kengo are. J is not a trainer travelling to get badges, she's a thief and a grown woman who leads a team of her own.

Can we please talk about the episode itself instead of wild theories with zero basis?

Well than maybe a rival in a different way. Not all rivals need to be collecting badges just to be Ash's rival.

Ashy Boy
2nd June 2007, 1:15 AM
I should have known that Team Galactic (Galaxy) would have to make an appearance in the anime at one point. I wonder if they will have the same intention of world destruction based on the info I looked up on the Wikipedia website. Of course (as always) I could be wrong.

Mythic Mist
2nd June 2007, 1:34 AM
Wait, but what did the grunts say?

Crask
2nd June 2007, 2:01 AM
Is it just me, or did Brock start moping about Prof. Ivy when punk Jenny, asked about her? (i don't understand much jap) And that scene owned just for the fact that Croagunk laughed at his shame.

Crimsonmon
2nd June 2007, 3:12 AM
What was Meowth's Boss Fantasy? I didn't see one in the epi pics.

There wasn't one.

Whats the space and time legend?

Same as the game, but with something that could be taken as a nod it to Arceus. (Ash asking who would have created Dailga and Palkia)

09Murphym
2nd June 2007, 6:53 AM
does anyone know why butch and cassidy had a cameo in the episode?

AshfanGirl20
2nd June 2007, 7:15 AM
does anyone know why butch and cassidy had a cameo in the episode?

No Butch and Cassidy do not have cemeo's in the episode, they just got mentioned by Ash in it.

scizor08
2nd June 2007, 7:54 AM
This is a very cool episode..Meowth dressed as a Sunflora and Wobuffet looks like a robber..

uber gon
2nd June 2007, 10:41 AM
Yay to Leaf Storm!!!

ChaosMage
2nd June 2007, 11:24 AM
Jesus tap-dancing Christ! This episode and the one preceding it have cemented D/P as the absolute best saga EVER. Nando is a great recurring character, especially since grass-type trainers have never been all that well-respected in the anime. He's the first character ever whose been a gym battler and co-ordinator, and I'm sure that come the Grand Festival and League our Nando will truly shine, although Drew fans are probably a bit miffed. Surely he could have had a different signature pokemon?
Team Galactic appearing for the first time, as well as foreshadowing of J or even Cassidy and Butch returning... I'm in love. Pokemon has flip-flopped back over shark.

Seijiro Mafuné
2nd June 2007, 1:06 PM
For the last time... Ash didn't mention anyone. Brock mentioned Cassidy and Butch and one of the Jennies mentioned J (though I think she was being more general, I don't know).

Crimsonmon
2nd June 2007, 1:34 PM
For the last time... Ash didn't mention anyone. Brock mentioned Cassidy and Butch and one of the Jennies mentioned J (though I think she was being more general, I don't know).

Yeah, she just mentioned that it could have been a Pokemon Hunter, nothing specificially about J. Same with Cassidy and Butch, it was just "some other Rocket members".

MechaBulba
2nd June 2007, 1:53 PM
From, the episode pictures this episode looked confusing: MaSSES OF CHARACTERS, CAMEOS, Pokemon running around, random sunfloras.
But after reading the posts in thios thread its all starting to makle sense.

however 2 questions
1. What did Kanto, ganster Jenny have to do with anything? and was it here skunk?
2. About the space time story! In the anime Darkrai is somehow linked with the Palkia and Dialga story. Also like the games the trio of failry things are. Also its hinted that Arseus may also be in the mix. So what about Giratina? The 3rd equivilant of Palkia and Dialga

Seijiro Mafuné
2nd June 2007, 2:19 PM
1. I don't know the details, but apparently the Viridian City Jenny was passing by and was on Nando's side. The Stunky belonged to the city's Jenny (who thought Nando was the criminal).
2. Darkrai and Giratina were not mentioned, and Arceus himself didn't really appear like the others; he was just the egg.

Crask
3rd June 2007, 2:28 AM
Is it just me, or did Brock start moping about Prof. Ivy when punk Jenny, asked about her? (i don't understand much jap) And that scene owned just for the fact that Croagunk laughed at his shame.

Can anyone confirm this for me?

Maestro Kinético
3rd June 2007, 11:38 AM
I really liked this episode, we got to see Pokemon interaction like in the past and the trainers using their Pokemon in varied ways. It had plot and that's why I liked it, I don't have any problem with enjoying a DP episode if it's good. But the best has to be the end, I loved that scene. I'm going to forget about the things I didn't like which are. 1) The horrible green background appearing behind Parukia and Diaruga2)Perfect shinning tiles 3)Team Rocket playing football, it took away all the atmosphere4) Natane apearing again, I don't like that gym leaders now are friends instead of people that you are afraid of.

DaDonYordel
3rd June 2007, 11:57 AM
now I am really excited of watching future D/P episodes because of this..

Korobooshi Kojiro
3rd June 2007, 12:52 PM
Ah, I'm glad to see one person here always stays in character. :)

I must say, Eterna Jenny is an idiot. She waited for Ash to scan Stunky giving Jessie the chance to use Seviper to escape. :p

And the...horny guard...

http://imageboard.pocketmonsters.net/LatestAnime/src/118060877744.jpg

Geodude
3rd June 2007, 6:34 PM
I don't like that gym leaders now are friends instead of people that you are afraid of.

What do you mean "now"? That's been the case for years. Quit looking for things to complain about.

http://www.geoscreens.com/ash/dp036thoughtballoons.jpg

Anyone else liked this scene? Seeing Pokemon have little conversations is always cute. When they found Team Rocket, Pikachu wanted to go get Ash, but Piplup wanted to confront them right away.

-Starly-
4th June 2007, 4:25 AM
Funny how Piplup, one of Dawn's Pokémon, is the one who's rushing without planning when it's usually Ash who does those things.

Love this .gif:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/unown_/attach/dp036-04.gif

Dax
4th June 2007, 4:42 AM
He's desperate to return to it's pokeball. He's practically never in it...

HoennMaster
4th June 2007, 5:00 AM
I must say that this episode was really good. D/P is turning out to be a great series, it is like starting fresh, but in a different way. I can't wait for this episode to air in the U.S. I'm glad D/P starts tomorrow!

Neo Mario
4th June 2007, 5:15 AM
Well this is one of the few episodes where people thought it would be bad then it turned out to be good

~Neo M~;444;

Maestro Kinético
4th June 2007, 12:10 PM
What do you mean "now"? That's been the case for years. Quit looking for things to complain about.

Yeah, and I haven't like that in those years. i loved when they were dark and misterious.

Korobooshi Kojiro
4th June 2007, 12:18 PM
You mean when Ash travelled around with two Gym Leaders as his friends?

Now...nothing is as evil as those shiny floortiles, because HOW DARE a museum look nice!

Team Rocket playing football,
What? 0.o

American Football, or "Football?"

uber gon
5th June 2007, 7:56 PM

http://www.geoscreens.com/ash/dp036thoughtballoons.jpg

Anyone else liked this scene? Seeing Pokemon have little conversations is always cute. When they found Team Rocket, Pikachu wanted to go get Ash, but Piplup wanted to confront them right away.

I kinda miss the subtitles though.

uncutpokemon
6th June 2007, 3:36 AM
nice episode, wish i could understand what they were saying though. here's just a thought/theory about hunter J, since in team Galactic Jupiter is female, i'm betting that the J stands for Jupiter! just a thought.

Korobooshi Kojiro
6th June 2007, 3:40 AM
No, especially as they look nothing alike.

Dax
6th June 2007, 3:46 AM
The episode was kinda fun. Again I love the voice that Gardenia's Turtwig has. I don't know if enjoyed this episode like I wanted to enjoy it. It was a very solid plot which I like.

Pokemon in conversations rock! Pochama (-_-) and Pikachu (^o^) were funny. Both of them had different perspectives.

Gardenia is still awesome. Stunky was so cute that I would love to see it by Ash's side.

Anyway, it was a good episode.

uber gon
7th June 2007, 8:16 AM
At least we got to see Leaf Storm used more frequently.

Juputoru
7th June 2007, 3:54 PM
Funny how Piplup, one of Dawn's Pokémon, is the one who's rushing without planning when it's usually Ash who does those things.
Because we all know that Pokemon have NEVER EVER been allowed to have personalities that don't match their trainer's personalities 100%.

Yeah, and I haven't like that in those years. i loved when they were dark and misterious.
You mean when they'd seem dark for a few minutes, then go to the regular old sort of Gym Leader we see even today?

SPPf would make a very formidable foe for Ash, since it surpasses even his tenacity at times.

Oh, and obligatory mention of how awesome it is that TG finally showed up.

freakin_chicken
7th June 2007, 6:11 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/unown_/attach/dp036-04.gif

i can't stop laughing, it looks like Pikachu is pulling Piplup's underware. Pikachu, that's bullying...

RyuKage
9th July 2007, 1:15 PM
OK...... well lets get back to talkin bout the episode. I think ash might be ABLE to capture a legendary pokemon this time (plz lor let that happen)

Geodude
9th July 2007, 10:52 PM
Good job contradicting yourself. Those two sentences have nothing to do with each other.

npdargy312
18th July 2007, 9:56 AM
this episode looks really lame

darkeye
18th September 2007, 9:22 PM
;386;386-s:who has a deoxys?

uber gon
20th September 2007, 1:19 AM
YAY to Gardenia's usage of LEAF STORM.

TwoToneDearly
28th October 2007, 7:07 AM
Interesting cameos

I have a hunch that Cyrus will hire J to capture Azelf, Uxie, and Mesprit

buneary dude
10th November 2007, 7:02 PM
I didn't like this episode as much. I mean was happy to see Nando, but I didn''t like this episode as much.

WaterDragon trainer
10th November 2007, 7:11 PM
This episode was good. It was kind of cool to see a Stunky. It puzzled me as to why the Officer Jenny from Viridian City would go out of her way to go all the way to Sinnoh. Good to see cameos of the legendary Sinnoh Pokemon (Palkia, Dialga, Mesprit, Azelf, and Uxie). Very interesting to see the debut of Team Galactic.

Faerie
10th November 2007, 8:29 PM
I've been waiting for this episode to air for SO long. I know that the show doesn't really follow the games at all, but Team Galactic was really late showing up. But at least they're here finally. <3 And random J and Yamato & Kosaburo cameos are fun too.

I wonder if they're going to keep up that Natane/Naoshi thing or just forget about it later. (The latter is probably more likely.) But considering that Natane is still there in the Japanese airings now, I wonder if she's going to start traveling with Satoshi-tachi or what. o__o Another Kasumi would be interesting, but also...strange.

Did it strike anyone else as strange that Team Galactic would actually hire Musashi and Kojirou to steal something for them? It's unrealistic that even they wouldn't have heard of them and their tendency towards messing everything up by now, and even if they hadn't, they seem like the type to do stuff by themselves. Oh well.

But it's a little dissappointing also--since this episode had so much of the good stuff in it, it also means that we won't be seeing one like this for quite a while. Probably at least thirty episodes until the next Team Galactic appearance, blah blah blah...With something good like this to remember, I'll at least be able to sit through some more fillers for a while, though.

Geodude
11th November 2007, 4:32 AM
Loved the apparent Phoenix Wright reference. I just checked the raw on the "Objection!" line, and it was actually a translation. I learned the Japanese word for "objection" (igiari) from a Phoenix Wright board, and that's exactly what the Viridian Jenny said in the raw. So I guess it was a reference to Gyakuten Saiban (Turnabout Court, or what we know as the Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney series) in Japan as well. Very cool.

Jonouchi
11th November 2007, 4:41 AM
Loved the apparent Phoenix Wright reference. I just checked the raw on the "Objection!" line, and it was actually a translation. I learned the Japanese word for "objection" (igiari) from a Phoenix Wright board, and that's exactly what the Viridian Jenny said in the raw. So I guess it was a reference to Gyakuten Saiban (Turnabout Court, or what we know as the Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney series) in Japan as well. Very cool.

Like I said on BMG: Finger Pointing+Objection=Instawin.

Shame that wasn't the case, though.

Geodude
11th November 2007, 4:43 AM
True, but it had just about everything else.

Jonouchi
11th November 2007, 4:50 AM
True, but it had just about everything else.

Yeah.

Still wanted the finger pointing. Oh well, one or the other I suppose.

Evidence, Objection, possible lying witness (AKA, Gardenia), what more could you ask for? =P

Geodude
11th November 2007, 5:16 AM
And the exclamation came from an unseen speaker, something that happened several times in the PW trilogy.

Jenny Edgeworth: (presents Security Camera Photo) I'm afraid this is all the evidence that I need.
Security Camera Photo added to Court Record.
Jenny Wright: Objection!

Rebeccag
11th November 2007, 7:20 PM
this episode was ok it was good to see the two officer jennys and it was good to see a jenny not wearing a police uniform and had normal clothes.Also it was good to see nando again

Cobalt_Latios
12th November 2007, 3:49 AM
After having seen this episode in english, I must say, it was quite hilarious. I mean, you understand it better in a language your fluent in, and I thought that many of the references were quite funny.

Also, will the vicious cycle of not realizing someone is the gym ever end. Gardenia reveals it and they all look so shocked. Guess some things'll never change.

Apparently, it's pronounced "Dee-al-gaw", not "Die-al-gaw" as I was pronouncing it. Also, even though he didn't saw it directly, I'm thinking that Nando was referring to Arceus when he mentioned "the one", as that makes sense to guess from what it is.

Also, having Gardenia constant obsession with grass types makes it that much better. Nando put some of his own comical moments with the lyre. Meowth and his Sunflora costume was pretty funny also.

I also didn't think about this, but the scene with Pikachu and Piplup made me think that they could do some of the solo-Pokémon epps a lot more understandable in that fashion. With the thought bubbles it also gave you more of an impression on their perspectives as well.

And they make a game reference:"the Adamant Orb boosts the power of the Pokémon Dialga." I didn't think they would go that far, but hey, it makes it that much better.

Overall, a pretty decent episode. Now, I've noticed this since the episode "An Elite Meet and Greet", is Sarah Natochenny starting to sound more and more like the old Ash VT gave us? Has anyone else noticed this as much too? Just a thought because of how he sounded at times.

~C_L~

Corzola
12th November 2007, 10:25 AM
Another great D/P ep. The Jennys arguing was outstanding and I loved to see Viridian Jenny make a cameo, and definitly in non-working clothes.

I like Gardenia, she is truly a great character. She is easily up there with my favorite gym- leaders in the whole series. When she blushed liightly about Dawns remark about Nando she looked funny. TR was great, mostly because they didn´t try to steal Pikachu as usual but did other things. As with "Drifloon on the wind", this is what Pokemon could be more of.

Team Galactics apperence was intresting. They almost looks better in one ep than Team Aqua & Team Magma did in a whole saga.

8/10 p.

Faerie
12th November 2007, 8:26 PM
And they make a game reference:"the Adamant Orb boosts the power of the Pokémon Dialga." I didn't think they would go that far, but hey, it makes it that much better.Really? This episode was practically made of game references, from what I saw. Every one of the myths was almost exactly the same as its counterpart in D/P (some of them were mentioned exclusively in the library, though). So it's not surprising that they would make a reference with the Orb. ^^;

Cobalt_Latios
13th November 2007, 3:15 AM
Really? This episode was practically made of game references, from what I saw. Every one of the myths was almost exactly the same as its counterpart in D/P (some of them were mentioned exclusively in the library, though). So it's not surprising that they would make a reference with the Orb. ^^;
Well, it's a lot different then what they used to do. What I meant by that post is that it seems that they're adding more and more game references to the show than they ever did. It's pretty neat and makes it more entertaining to see how they manage to integrate it and all. It's a different schtick as to what they were doing in the past seasons.

That's what I meant. And it is cool that they do this as it makes it way more relate-able if you've played the games.

And, from what I've noticed, is it just me or are they really advertising more things than they've ever done in the past other than Pokémon?(Wii-mote and Nunchuk attachments, a mecha that looks remarkably similar to a transformer, the quota "more than meets the eye", twice in the show so far(though I don't quite remember which episode they said it first)) I know it looks like I'm going a little deep into all of this, I just thought I'd bring it up due to noticing Jenny said a famous quota.

~C_L~

blueorangecar1
13th November 2007, 3:18 AM
a good episode 10\10 lol that was strange whith two jennys

CyberCubed
13th November 2007, 6:46 AM
This episode had a whole lot of characters, plot and continuity going on. Seriously...it seems like hell has frozen over.

But Magma/Aqua started off sounding really promising too, and we know how they ended up. Let's hope that this time the foreshadowing actually amounts to something.

uber gon
13th November 2007, 6:53 AM
Meh, I found it weird that Arcues wasn't directly mentioned. You'd think a pokemon of his status would get more recognition.

Anonymous Trainer
13th November 2007, 6:56 AM
Meh, I found it weird that Arcues wasn't directly mentioned. You'd think a pokemon of his status would get more recognition.

Isn't it kind of early to mention Arceus? After all, the episode was dedicated as a reference to the 10th movie.

FlamingShadowPhoenix
14th November 2007, 1:19 AM
I lol'd at when Jessie dropped the orb because of the stink, she said "I'm throwing my hands up in disgust!" How bad has it gotten that 4Kids has to make a mockery of the series just to get viewers. At least it worked.

killer74
14th November 2007, 4:49 AM
Isn't it kind of early to mention Arceus? After all, the episode was dedicated as a reference to the 10th movie.

werent kyogre and groudon mentioned earlier?

turtle twig
14th November 2007, 5:27 AM
Great episode. And very informative.

I wasn't so sure of Brock's voice in this episode. It made me wish Eric Stuart was still there. Oh, well.

uber gon
14th November 2007, 5:57 AM

Well they were mentioned when they were being talked about.

Tbone2356
17th November 2007, 5:19 PM
This was a good enough episode in japanese but when did it air in English? Last week it said there were no new episodes and this week it was just the gym battle episode with Gardenia...

CabbyFish
17th November 2007, 5:34 PM
They should've given Viridian's Jenny a different actress instead of having Emily Williams talking to herself.

Anyway, this was an ok episode. This episode isn't anything big to write home about, but it does have a few moments like the adamant orb, Sunflora, the legends of the creation of Sinnoh just to name a few. Jessie constantly dropping the adamant orb was priceless. It's like she's begging "Oh, I want to keep the orb to myself so that I can look beautiful, control a mighty Pokemon God of the world, and all that stuff evil is known for." Lol.

Geodude
17th November 2007, 7:56 PM
This was a good enough episode in japanese but when did it air in English? Last week it said there were no new episodes
Last week, obviously. Just look at when the posts commenting on the English version started.

Faerie
25th November 2007, 5:13 AM
I lol'd at when Jessie dropped the orb because of the stink, she said "I'm throwing my hands up in disgust!" How bad has it gotten that 4Kids has to make a mockery of the series just to get viewers. At least it worked.Uh, 4Kids doesn't dub the show anymore. PUSA does. o__o And I don't think that was exactly a mockery of the show, just a dumb pun they used to fill in Musashi's dialogue for Jessie.

halloweenghost
5th March 2008, 9:49 PM
I liked the small touch of adding the miodel of the space time towers from the tenth movie

bhrettzerda053
4th April 2008, 7:07 AM
That's where Dialga and Palkia had their cameo appearances. So is Mesprit, Azelf, and Uxie. Well, in the last part. Then Team Galactic had their first appearance.

wobbanut
27th August 2008, 3:03 AM
I think I would have liked the episode a little better if they hadn't been showing it in fast-forward (that got to be a headache after a while), but I liked the story. Another great appearance by Gardenia, and Nando made things entertaining. Plus, Team Rocket had some great scenes.

I haven't been too enthused by Team Galactic, though. They aren't as cool as Team Rocket, and their plotline isn't as clear or interesting as Team Magma and Aqua's. Heck, even the PMC team ("Wish Upon a Star Shape", "Crazy as a Lunatone") has been more entertaining. I can only hope future episodes with these baddies will make them at least remotely interesting.

DanChimchar
6th October 2008, 11:09 PM

Yeah like in the second advance episode. They didn't say there names or anything but I think they just showed a pICTURE of there body and make the things glow

Torpoleon
11th October 2008, 10:31 PM
There was lots of no! moments in this episode. Like when the adamant orb almost broke,team rocket has the adamant orb and Team Galactic hired them.If team Rocket got to Team Galactic stuff bad would have happened.

CyberCubed
12th October 2008, 7:45 PM
Good foreshadowing.

DanChimchar
13th October 2008, 2:26 AM
I was like when Jessie was liek I'm throwing my hands in discuss!
I'm like your gonna drop it then wobbafet caught it I was like
THANK GOD or the whole DP plot and Dialga Palkia thing would be ruined Grr Jessie be more careful lol
And love when Mewoth didn't want to take his coustume off lol

HoennMaster
13th October 2008, 8:21 AM
You like do like realize like you like say like like all the like time like right like?

Yeah, dropping it would ruin the entire plot! Not.

DanChimchar
13th October 2008, 4:06 PM
Do you like know I like don't care like yeah
Anyways I'm glad we got to see a glimps of Saturn at the end wish he had talked tho

HoennMaster
14th October 2008, 7:38 AM
Do you like know I like don't care like yeah

It's not good the second time around.

Shiny qwilfish of doom
23rd October 2008, 9:15 AM
good episode. It was nice to get a glimpse of team galactic.

DanChimchar
31st October 2008, 3:46 AM
Yea It was to bad we didn't hear His Voice at the end but we find out later
Anyways you still have to love Mewoth's Sunflora coustume but it does get over used sometimes it would be nice to see a new coustume thats nto Sunflora or Weavile

Rommath
4th February 2009, 2:27 PM
Alright episode for Team Galactic's debut. Meowth sure seems to like dressing up as Sunflora. It works well with him though. Shame Saturn didn't do much.

The Adamant orb was well done too.

ccangelopearl1362
9th February 2009, 1:14 AM
Where to start here...? I had to chuckle at the conversation between Ash's Pikachu and Dawn's Piplup about how to tackle Team Rocket and get the Adamant Orb back. The beginning elements of the big story behind Dialga, Palkia, and the Original One were quite mystifying to behold, and I will be eager to see what becomes of this story in the future. Yet, while Ash, Dawn, Brock, Gardenia, Nando, and the two Officer Jennys were focused on confronting Jessie, James, and Meowth, the real villains behind the attempted theft were above the fray -- quite literally. Overall, I will opine that this was a pretty good episode showing the "mystical" side of Sinnoh, so to speak.

Blue Snover
9th March 2009, 5:27 PM
I felt bad for Sunflora, because it got the blame for something Team Rocket did.

At least they managed to clear it.

(s.i.e)
10th March 2009, 2:19 PM
the innocent allways gets to be blamed first in the series it seems, nontheless it was a good episode which i enjoyed watching.

Littlemyuu
27th April 2009, 5:21 PM
Poor Sunflora...i like to watch this episode..i like grass Pokemon

S.Suikun
21st June 2009, 2:16 AM
A worthy ten seconds of hype at the end. Too bad that in order to get to those ten seconds, I had to sit through the previous 21:50 of alright but predictable and unremarkable criminal sequences. I may have even liked this episode better when it was called "Spinarak Attack". That said, we get the anticipated return of Natane along with one of the more entertaining Junsa clones we've seen in this series. Nyasu's Sunflora outfit is back, which is one of my favorite running gags. Oh, and Naoshi also returns unexpectedly, but quite frankly, I didn't miss him. Heck, I still don't miss him today in spite of his two-year absence.

So with a pretty hot cast of characters, what goes wrong here? Even though there are far greater intentions behind the whole scheme, the whole TR criminal investigation just feels so overdone. I appreciate that they dragged back Naoshi in hopes of some interesting content, but he's just too dry of a character outside of some basic legend knowledge he provides here. Speaking of legends, it's also nice to finally get our first real insight into Dialga, Palkia, and the pixies, but they're all pretty minor things in an episode that is very formulaic on the whole. It gets points for finally giving us a glimpse of Galactic, but loses them for some pretty terrible animation. I also think Skunpoo deserved more of a role, especially with a name like "Skunpoo". I'd actually peg this episode as a recommended watch just because of all the elements it introduces, but it's never super-exciting.

C+

SteveAnime
12th July 2009, 12:32 AM
wow that was my favorite episode ;)

Ash-kid
26th October 2009, 11:59 AM
I hoped that Galactic will appear more in this ep, i was wrong. it was nice to see little of a gym battle of Nando.

Lorde
26th October 2009, 12:07 PM
I was surprised that they showed the Space-Time Tower from the 10th Pokemon movie in this episode. I guess it was a little foreshadowing on the animators part. Well this was not my favorite episode because Stunky made a debut that I believe could've been handled much better. Plus we got random characters like a Jenny from Kanto and Nando, yet we barely got to see Team Galactic. 5/10.

KGB13
22nd January 2010, 4:40 AM
Was that Eterna City Officer Jenny on edge or what? I like the fact that she had a Stunky instead of the usual Growlithe or Arcanine though. I also liked how Nando kept his cool the whole time even though he was under arrest and accused of a crime he didn't commit. I haven't seen a Sunflora in a AGES! It's nice to see some forgotten pokemon get a little spotlight. Good episode.

9Tales
22nd April 2010, 10:48 PM
Anyone else feel Gardenia might have had a small crush on Nando from the way she was blushing? XD

Willow's Tara
31st May 2010, 10:00 AM
Not a bad episode in my opinion. Poor Nando getting arrested for doing nothing, I think Jenny was a tad over suspicious since he probably wasn't the only Sunflora trainer, she didn't try to see if there was anyone else.

Nice to see Gardenia again in this episode, and not to mention Viridian City Jenny (Out of all the Jennys I think she is the one that has appeared the most correct?) I like Jessie's clothing she was in too. Piplup's and Pikachu's conversation was funny.

wind21
30th June 2010, 1:38 AM
Only a couple of days before Ash's first battle in the Sinnoh league tournament, and we're getting quite a few other treats that day as well, including some info about the Pokemon anime for the next region. It's a wonderfully exciting time right now.

I'm skipping one review to come to this episode. dp 35 introduces a member of the elite four and addresses some issues Dawn has with Buizel's battling style. It's worth a watch, and the reviews for that episode are pretty awesome. This episode is Nando's 2nd appearance, and again in the spirit of trying to appreciate the rivals of Sinnoh, I'll look at it.

Well, we start off in the thick of things, just like in the dress up competition a few episodes back. Ash and company, who are at some sort of museum, witness a disguised Team Rocket steal something that's very important (which is all my understanding is of the items Team Galactic needs for their plans; really sorry about that). Team Rocket is able to make a half getaway, in that they escape from our heroes but are still in the museum with the police monitoring the entrances. However, the police, particularly the Officer Jenny of this city, are a bit nonsensical, and they blame Nando for the theft. His honor is quickly vouched for by Gardenia (the 2nd gym leader-finally remembered her name!), who reasons that anyone who can win her gym badge using the battling style Nando did could never be a thief. So that's the way we find out Nando is having success in his bid for the Sinnoh league. I think the idea is solid: Nando is revealed to have defeated a gym leader who recently beat Ash in an unofficial battle. The fact that Gardenia does the talking and gives a few compliments along the way further creates a level of respect for Nando's skills. What I find interesting though, it that one of Ash's later rivals is introduced in almost the exact opposite manner. This rival loses to the gym leader, the gym leader has nothing nice to say about the rival (which he complains about when watching Ash's battle), and yet I like him all the more for it. That rival has a warmth to his character that Nando does not have, despite that rival looking like a bit of loser. It's amazing the things that can make one like a character. You know, to me, the greatest strength of the pokemon anime has been that its main character has not yet won a league (3 tries so far). I think of Ash as a talented Pokemon trainer, not as Mr. Hero who's going to win no matter what b/c he's the main character; that's why I like him so much. That's also the reason I'm sort of glancing over the Team Galactic plot; you know that Team Galactic is going to be stopped, and I don't think good guy/bad guy plots like that are why this show is what it is. Not that I'm against it or anything; it's necessary. But if that's all this show was, I wouldn't watch it. That said, I think Ash has grown up so much, and I hope he does win the Sinnoh league (I really wanted to say that before the 1st round of the Sinnoh league kicked off).

My favorite scene in this episode is when Pikachu and Piplup spy Jessie, James, and Meowth taking off their disguise; the two have a conflict of opinions over what to do about it. I haven't said too much about Piplup because I don't think it's at its best when it's being proud and receiving respect for that, which is what happened when it learned Whirlpool and fought Buizel. Piplup is much more fun/unique when it shows pride and ends up making mistakes as a result. That's also why Piplup and Pikachu have such a fun friendship, and this scene is the first one that shows that.

saar
7th July 2010, 5:43 PM
Team Galactic's first appearance was pretty good, but would have been better if they were actually appearing in front of Ash and his freinds. For a first time, it's was quite fine.:)

~Platinum~
21st August 2010, 5:56 AM
This is an episode that I always enjoy watching. Apart from it's major plot contributions, this episode's theme was different from the majority of the episodes, as it was not just a help random pokemon or COTD episode or battle a certain trainer episode.

This episode was the introductory of Sinnoh's TimeSpace legends, and it brought back several old things in the series as well as introducing serveral new. The Viridian City Officer Jenny as well as Butch and Cassidy cameos were interesting shoutouts to the original series, and Nando appearing as well as a J cameo brought back some things from the current series, also showing that they will be reappearing in future eps. The intro for the TimeSpace legend and the debut of Team Galactic were some major plot contributions for the series, though I will say that TG should have had their debut a bit sooner. The Space-Time Towers from the 10th movie were interesting to see too.

The large amount of re-occuring characters in this episode was also enjoyable, even if a large number of them were either in cameos or ten second appearances. The interactions between the pokemon were enjoyable too, especially Pikachu and Piplup's arguement in the air vent.

The Adamant Orb was interesting to see, a I liked how Jessie descibed it as a diamond, being an item found in Pokemon Diamond version and exclusive to Dialga, the mascot pokemon for Diamond. However, everyone acted as if the orb was extremely fragile, and you'd think an item created by the ruler of time wouldn't break if it dropped to the floor.

Team Galactic's debut was interesting, though I wish that they'd gotten more screen time than a shot of their helicopter and a ten second appearance at the end of the episode. Iwill agree with most people and say TG's debut was the best part of the episode. I wonder why TG hired JJ&M to steal the orb when they themselves have numberous grunts, equipment, and Golbat. I understand that TG is a secret criminal organization and wants to keep a low profile, but TG would have done a better and more secretive job.

Anyways, this was a good episode that combined old and new and set the stage for many future eps.

Lance The Champ
28th November 2010, 10:31 AM
If only Dialga had appeared in that episode....

MidnightMelody
13th January 2011, 3:08 AM
Did anyone notice the Phoenix Wright references?

G50
27th April 2011, 10:41 AM
This episode was ok... It was cool to see a Stunky for the 1st time. It was cool to find out about the Adament Orb for the 1st time, and to see it. It was unfortunate that Nando was accused of the theft because a Sunflora was caught on camera, and Nando had a Sunflora. It's a good thing everybody realized it was a Meowth disguised as a Sunflora who stole it. It was cool to get a little bit of insight on Palkia and Dialga. It was cool to see them, plus Mespirit, Azelf, and Uxie as statues. It was interesting how Dawn knew the Palkia/Dialga story. It was cool to see Saturn of Team Galactic for the 1st time.

49/100

Lorde
4th December 2014, 5:43 AM
I loved seeing Nando again and I felt bad for him given that he was suspected of having stolen the Adamant Orb and all. Meowth made me cackle due to his Sunflora outfit, and seeing James stuff the Adamant Orb in his coat made him look bloated. I appreciated that everyone's Pokemon helped here and I felt bad for everyone after Stunky used its stench.

Painkiller2001
15th December 2014, 4:11 AM
I want that jacket that the Viridian City Jenny was wearing. Now!