PDA

View Full Version : Getting banned for trying to help

zander33
3rd June 2007, 12:49 AM
Okay, I was in the chat, and I saw this exact message:

<i-need-kyogre> <--

And then I see the mod that goes by 'Leona' kicked him with the reason 'Leona'

So I asked him/her why and he/she said that the reason was because he was spamming, and I said ' how is that spamming? He simply was saying that he needed a Kyogre.'

Next thing I know I'm banned, so I go to the status to see what horrible reason it was and it said "your banned too".

Wtf? I think the wifi chat needs a few new mods..

Nny
3rd June 2007, 1:11 AM
one of the rules says not to argue with op, no?????

zander33
3rd June 2007, 1:15 AM
I wasn't arguing...I was simply asking a question...

Erik Destler
3rd June 2007, 1:42 AM
1. Leona isn't a boy.
2. "<i_need_kyorge> <--" Actually is quite spammy. Think about it. All they are doing is pointing to their nick, instead of typing stuff out.

That's all I can say..

XD375
3rd June 2007, 2:04 AM
I'm quite neutral on this situation.

Are you sure the guy wanted a Kyogre or help in getting one or was he just showing off his nickname? Of course we know he needs one, but was he asking?

Maybe it was a bit harsh on zander33, but remember, she could have been in a bad mood or something at the time. I've done some nasty stuff out of anger before too.

Also, noticed Leona's reason was just "Leona". Would that not also be considered spam, banning someone and just putting your name as the reason? The "Reason" box is there for a reason, not your name.

Hmm...maybe I'll wait for more replies before I post my final decision, some helpful posts may be coming up...

Mello
3rd June 2007, 2:06 AM
Don't argue with the ops. I'm sure she did have a reason.

Skiks
3rd June 2007, 2:14 AM
You know it wouldn't have looked as spam if you actually typed out what you wanted. You wouldn't believe how hard it is to keep that place functioning somewhat well.

Erik Destler
3rd June 2007, 2:15 AM
I'm quite neutral on this situation.

Are you sure the guy wanted a Kyogre or help in getting one or was he just showing off his nickname? Of course we know he needs one, but was he asking?

Maybe it was a bit harsh on zander33, but remember, she could have been in a bad mood or something at the time. I've done some nasty stuff out of anger before too.

Also, noticed Leona's reason was just "Leona". Would that not also be considered spam, banning someone and just putting your name as the reason? The "Reason" box is there for a reason, not your name.

Hmm...maybe I'll wait for more replies before I post my final decision, some helpful posts may be coming up...

hi dear.
I'm going to introduce you to mIRC.
There's two options for kickbanning.
There's
Kick Ban.
and there's Kick Ban (why?)

If you just select "Kick Ban" the message will be the nick of the Kick Banner.

Thanks, I'm glad you find out about stuff before you make derogative claims about a staff member. ^^;

zander33
3rd June 2007, 2:26 AM
You know it wouldn't have looked as spam if you actually typed out what you wanted. You wouldn't believe how hard it is to keep that place functioning somewhat well.

Yes, I understand, but it's not like I'm someone who goes to the chat everyday and cause trouble, I mean, I actually try to help out when people ask for unlegit pokemon and such, but I guess my ban was 'fair'...

Thanks anyway

Sammi
3rd June 2007, 1:58 PM
Don't argue with the ops. I'm sure she did have a reason.

Yeah, and that reason was "Leona". It appears as if you didn't even read the post. Yeah, banning someone because "Leona". Then when someone asked what she meant by Leona, NOT ARGUED, she bans that person randomly. That's really responsible, OH YEAH (sarcastic).

I'm sure Leona was in a bad mood or so. :/ Either that, or SPP needs to deal with her. That's just... Bad. "I banned someone because "Leona"."

Right.

~Bent~
3rd June 2007, 7:01 PM
Yeah, and that reason was "Leona". It appears as if you didn't even read the post. Yeah, banning someone because "Leona". Then when someone asked what she meant by Leona, NOT ARGUED, she bans that person randomly. That's really responsible, OH YEAH (sarcastic).Uhh I hope you realize that when you give a kickban, it asks for a reason, and the default reason is the kicker's name.

You DID know that, right?

I also won't post what I think of the actual kickban here because my opinion doesn't really matter.

EDIT: h8 u erik :(

Torkoal Greg
4th June 2007, 4:56 AM
I am so sick and tired of all this crying bullcrap from the chat, mainly the wifi chat. The PMs us OPs/HOPs get daily asking why people were kicked and such is more annoying than one can understand, so if you PM an OP asking a stupid question such as why'd you kick so and so, then getting banned and kicked for it isn't so wrong, because if you read the topic it says not to PM the OPs unless you have good reason.

Also most of the kicks are script kicks, meaning to OP actually did not kick that person, they triggered the OPs script and got kicked.

This whole idea is ridiculous.

Chris
5th June 2007, 10:20 AM
I will never for the life of me understand what the hell you people have against Leona. If I didn't think she was responsible, she sure as hell wouldn't be a Half-Op in SPP, or an Op in SPP-Wifi. The fact is that you people can't seem to follow the damn rules.

I like how people who don't know a damn thing about mIRC are complaining as if a great injustice was done.

If I were to simply do a normal kick in the chat, one without typing in a reason, the chat automatically just has it say "___ has been kicked by Captain_Chris (Captain_Chris)" The paranthesis is where a reason would go IF ONE IS TYPED.

But because the user WAS spamming by simply typing arrows rather than ASKING like normal people (for the most part) in the chat do, Leona had every right to kick him.

God. We make all these FAQs. We make all these explanations on the site and forums. And you guys can't even seem to follow the basic rules, let alone the basic understandings.

Erik Destler
5th June 2007, 8:27 PM
Yeah, and that reason was "Leona". It appears as if you didn't even read the post. Yeah, banning someone because "Leona". Then when someone asked what she meant by Leona, NOT ARGUED, she bans that person randomly. That's really responsible, OH YEAH (sarcastic).

I'm sure Leona was in a bad mood or so. :/ Either that, or SPP needs to deal with her. That's just... Bad. "I banned someone because "Leona"."

Right.

I love it when people pay attention to my posts. ^^;

hi dear.
I'm going to introduce you to mIRC.
There's two options for kickbanning.
There's
Kick Ban.
and there's Kick Ban (why?)

If you just select "Kick Ban" the message will be the nick of the Kick Banner.

Thanks, I'm glad you find out about stuff before you make derogative claims about a staff member. ^^;

I know, I know, we're too busy to look at the rules and the FAQs. I know, I know, it's such an inconvenience to you.
However, try reading sometimes.
It helps. ^^;

Ho-oh Master
6th June 2007, 3:55 AM

Right.

Omg I hope to God I wasn't this stupid when I first joined ;_; After being a member for awhile I see how hard the Hop/Op's have it. Its nice to have more active H/op's but they ALL need scripts to covor alot of the nermal rule breaking. I still see some rules being broken and nothing is done about it (But thats understandble). Maybe more Active H/op's in other countries so that cna help with nighttime activity (If there is any o.o)

Sammi
6th June 2007, 7:02 AM
Pfft. That still doesn't answer to WHY Zander33 got banned. He simply asked a question, and got banned as well. Does that seem fair? And the other guy was simply asking for a Kyogre. I understand why "i-need-kyorge" got banned, but she could have gave a reason. It wasn't obvious. He simply asked for Kyogre, but did it informally. :/ She should only do the default kickban thing if someone said something like...

<person> kfhgfkhakfgakjhfjkahfsahs
<person> aohfahfuihsaiufhahfjkhsa

And kept spamming... Or something else more obvious. The above is pretty pbvious as spam. Saying he needed kyogre in the other way wasn't nearly as obvious.

Ho-oh Master, it wasn't that dumb of a post if you actually read and understood it. Yeah, Zander33 got banned for asking a question. Sure.

Oh, and Chris, do I have anything against Leona? No. I simply asked why did Zander get banned. He shouldn't have been. He asked a freaking question. :/ I don't find that responsible, banning someone for asking a question. Answer that please, and I'll go happily, wether I was wrong or not, because then I'd know the reason and I'd be satisfied.

Apparently, I think you guys should read my posts more carefully. If you were confused with it rather than barely reading it, I understand, then. :/

Chris
6th June 2007, 9:13 AM
There's a little thing I learned about members who get kicked from the chats. They ALWAYS try to make us seem like the bad guys by leaving out important info.

Bugging an Op about why someone is banned is the LAST thing you want to do.

Sammi
6th June 2007, 9:25 AM
He wasn't really bugging Leona... I'm pretty sure that asking someone without rude words isn't bugging, unless my vocabulary is still limited. I'm pretty sure that zander33 never went around pestering Leona. :/

Also, I was never ever kicked from the chat. xD Please don't direct stuff like that to me, if you were directing that to me.

Edit: Oh well. I suppose it's clear enough for me now. =D I suppose I'll leave happily. You guys have short temper and therefore are seriously annoyed when someone asks a question, or something like that. Being a mod or whatever at SPPf mjst be quite the task, as well as an honor.

Chris
6th June 2007, 10:59 AM
Okay. Try dealing with these type of PMs on a daily basis. :) See how far your patience goes.

<Jezz> your the guy who logged me off 2 days ago! ^_^
<Jezz> and so the one time you speek to me you ignore me 2 seconds after!

<Uggles> capten kris, well well well
<Uggles> dont u remember me from yesterday?
<Uggles> come on u no u do
<Uggles> stop tryin to avoid me

<Captain_Cris> het loser
<Captain_Cris> hey
<Captain_Cris> the *** whos afraid to offer darkrai
<Captain_Cris> u no banning duznt do anything right?
<Captain_Cris> i can just sign back on
<Captain_Cris> u no for a captain your not that intelligent

<papagoodmarkets> why did u kick me off>??
<papagoodmarkets> i need an answer
<papagoodmarkets> answer
<papagoodmarkets> plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!
<papagoodmarkets> plz
<papagoodmarkets> chris
<papagoodmarkets> plz
<papagoodmarkets> hello
<papagoodmarkets> chris

<WiFiGuest1867> wrrreeaaaa
<Captain_Chris> ?
<WiFiGuest1867> kool dw i didnt think u were real

<Trev> hey
<Trev> are u real

<maddoog> can u let me on wifi chat pleeeaaasssee
<maddoog> i wont do it agen
<maddoog> chris?
<maddoog> captain
<maddoog> captain?
<maddoog> please
<maddoog> oi
<maddoog> i love the captain
<maddoog> i love captain chris
<maddoog> oy captain
<maddoog> oy willybrain
<maddoog> haha
<maddoog> coward
<maddoog> poo face
<maddoog> u stink of wee wee
<maddoog> lol
<maddoog> hahahahaha
<maddoog> ure a pussy like ure father

<Tyrone> why u boot me
<Captain_Chris> Who're you?
<Tyrone> u booted me on wi fi chat for no reason

<Groudon_smex> **** you I ****ing hope you **** in the **** of ****. You are a ****ing ****er and I ****ing **** you **** yourself.

<_> ur not in school
<_> wouldn't that mean ur a little too OLD TO BE PLAYING POKEMON?
<Captain_Chris> No such thing as being too old to play a video game.
<_> omg
<_> u r a loser
<_> plz dont talk to me

<Karl> can i trade for it
<Karl> i want a flyin pechu
<Captain_Chris> I never said I had it.

<Captain_Jezz> wasup?
<Captain_Jezz> i'm Jezz... I mean Captin Jezz

This is even half of what I go through. I don't want to know how much the others go through. And this is crap that usually happens when I'm AWAY or not paying attention.

LugiaRules
6th June 2007, 11:03 AM
Okay. Try dealing with these type of PMs on a daily basis. :) See how far your patience goes.

<Captain_Cris> het loser
<Captain_Cris> hey

<papagoodmarkets> answer
<papagoodmarkets> plz
<papagoodmarkets> chris
<papagoodmarkets> plz
<papagoodmarkets> hello
<papagoodmarkets> chris

<Captain_Chris> ?

<Trev> hey
<Trev> are u real

<maddoog> chris?
<maddoog> captain
<maddoog> captain?
<maddoog> please
<maddoog> oi
<maddoog> oy captain
<maddoog> oy willybrain
<maddoog> haha
<maddoog> coward
<maddoog> poo face
<maddoog> lol
<maddoog> hahahahaha

<Tyrone> why u boot me

<Groudon_smex> **** you I ****ing hope you **** in the **** of ****. You are a ****ing ****er and I ****ing **** you **** yourself.

<_> ur not in school
<_> omg
<_> u r a loser
<_> plz dont talk to me

<Captain_Jezz> wasup?

This is even half of what I go through. I don't want to know how much the others go through. And this is crap that usually happens when I'm AWAY or not paying attention.

Um, WHOA.

That's bad, mon.

If Joe asked me to become an Op, he'd have to pay me a nice chunk of money, if that's what I'd have to deal with.

Sammi
6th June 2007, 2:43 PM
O_O No wonder you guys ban randomly sometimes. I'm sorry. I never knew you had it so hard. I barely go to the chat... Whenever I do go there, it's always pleasant for me. I never saw anything scary. xD

To think people would make such kiddy insults... Ew. That's worse than my cousins. O.o Really sorry. I am.

EDIT: I just saw some Yukinooh Member saying something about Aipom and Leona being retarded... I never knew people could be so... Stupid.

Ho-oh Master
6th June 2007, 2:49 PM
Well they don't always ban, its there scripts that ban people.

Phantom_Bugsy
6th June 2007, 4:31 PM
Is it possible that asking for legendaries is against the rules? :/ If the name of a legendary is in the scripts, it'll kick you if you say it. I know that's how it is with Darkrai and Arceus.

Chris
6th June 2007, 4:34 PM
Only saying Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus will get you kicked. And it only affects #SPP-Wifi. This is mainly to prevent cheaters from asking while the Ops are idle or currently unavailable. We also have various spellings added as people think they can evade the scripts with misspellings.

RaZoR LeAf
6th June 2007, 9:43 PM
Personally I think you should auto-kick anyone who comes to the forums to complain about being banned, for 2 weeks. Maybe then they'll think twice about whinging all the time.

Virtual Chatot
6th June 2007, 11:12 PM
^ The most intelligent post I've heard all day...and I've been on for 9 hours

I can't believe people really complain this much...They've made the rules...So abide by them or take your business elsewhere...

---

My theory is that people get scared of the mods...subconsciously
Then when the mods correct them, they blow their heads off for no good reason...

I respect the mods...they go through more hell...

Shiny pokemon lover
6th June 2007, 11:33 PM
You could be banned for nothing, I see. I have a lot of infraction points small accidents. ( like spoilers I posted by accident ) I am just eight points away from getting banned.
I not trying to be mean, but that do not seem to help.

Night Avenger
6th June 2007, 11:34 PM

<Captain_Cris> het loser
<Captain_Cris> hey

<papagoodmarkets> answer
<papagoodmarkets> plz
<papagoodmarkets> chris
<papagoodmarkets> plz
<papagoodmarkets> hello
<papagoodmarkets> chris

<Captain_Chris> ?

<Trev> hey
<Trev> are u real

<maddoog> chris?
<maddoog> captain
<maddoog> captain?
<maddoog> please
<maddoog> oi
<maddoog> oy captain
<maddoog> oy willybrain
<maddoog> haha
<maddoog> coward
<maddoog> poo face
<maddoog> lol
<maddoog> hahahahaha

<Tyrone> why u boot me

<_> ur not in school
<_> omg
<_> u r a loser
<_> plz dont talk to me

<Captain_Jezz> wasup?

I just HAD to LOL at them.

zander33
7th June 2007, 8:25 AM
^ The most intelligent post I've heard all day...and I've been on for 9 hours

I can't believe people really complain this much...They've made the rules...So abide by them or take your business elsewhere...

---

My theory is that people get scared of the mods...subconsciously
Then when the mods correct them, they blow their heads off for no good reason...

I respect the mods...they go through more hell...

I sure hope you aren't referring to me, I took care of this in a calm way. I get banned, and came here asking why..

Sammi
7th June 2007, 8:57 AM
I sure hope you aren't referring to me, I took care of this in a calm way. I get banned, and came here asking why..
I hope Oblivion isn't referring to you either. :/ You simply asked why, not pestered the mods with pointless name calling like "poo-poo face" or whatever.

EDIT: Lol, after re-reading through those PM's Chris gets... "r u real?" LOL and... Groudon_Smex swore SO much xDDDDDDDDD I nearly fell off my bed. >.>;;

Sharpedo Boy
7th June 2007, 9:19 AM
Ive never been banned on chat.
You argued with a mod.
Leona has moments like this.
Im not sure how that kyogre guy got banned.

Sammi
7th June 2007, 9:22 AM
^ LOL. He never argued with a mod. I've never been banned on the chat, if you're reffering to me.

Kyogre dude got banner for spamming. "<--" is Spammy. The mods say he could have typed what he wanted out.