PDA

View Full Version : Good Pokemon For Battle Frontier

yami_of_light
3rd June 2007, 3:13 PM
Well i was wondering.......What would be a very good team to take on everything in in the battle frontier. If people could post suggestions and the attacks of them. Thanks.

P.S- If this post is in the wrong section please tell me, because i wasnt sure if i could put it in "in-game-team-rate" as im not really posting a team to be rated.
If its in the wrong Section i would appreciate it if a mod could move it. TY.

Reno
3rd June 2007, 3:20 PM
hax owns the battle frontier. there is no sure fire team that would always win.
here are some pokemon that are good for it and often used.

latios
metagross
salamence
raikou
suicine
swampert
latias
tyranitar
starmie
weezing
regice
gengar
alakazam
milotic
snorlax
blissey
skarmory

Heliotrope
3rd June 2007, 5:53 PM
I usually use a mixture of these guys:

Zapdos
Aerodactyl
Milotic
Umbreon
Swampert
Dragonite
Latios
Smeargle
Gengar

I only need one more silver symbol (in the battle tower) and my usual team for that is:

Smeargle
Timid nature
252 hp; 252 spe; 6 def
Spore
Agility
Belly drum
Baton pass

Dragonite
Adamant nature
76 HP; 252 Atk; 180 Spe
Dragon claw
Aerial ace
Earthquake
Dragon dance

Swampert
Impish nature
236 HP; 56 Atk; 120 Def; 96 SDef
Earthquake
Ice beam
Surf
Rock slide

I was doing quite well, almost up to the frontier brain, but then some trainer with a Nidoking haxed me.

It woke up almost instantly from Smeargle's spore, and then was somehow faster (I assume it had quick claw), and 1-hit-KO'd Smeargle with horn drill.

Then it outsped my Dragonite, and thunder bolted him; it got a critical hit and paralysed him. Then Dragonite was paralysed on the next go and got KO'd.

And poor Swampert couldn't fight three Pokemon on his own. >_>;

DaDonYordel
4th June 2007, 3:23 PM
I know how you feel..a Nidoking I was about to defeat survived an earthquake from my salamence and then countered it...lost, 4 fights later I defeated Anabel and won the symbol..

The truth is there is no real team that can beat them all. You'll just have to be persistent have a variety of Pokemon just like the one Heliotrope mentioned, and keep your cool when something unexpected happens...

DaDonYordel
4th June 2007, 3:25 PM
I know how you feel..a Nidoking I was about to defeat survived an earthquake from my salamence and then countered it...lost, 4 fights later I defeated Anabel and won the symbol..

The truth is there is no real team that can beat them all. You'll just have to be persistent have a variety of Pokemon just like the one Heliotrope mentioned, and keep your cool when something unexpected happens...

DaDonYordel
4th June 2007, 3:26 PM

pichufan25
5th June 2007, 4:25 PM
my team i use is:
zapdos
latios
articuno/gengar
my zapdos mostly do all the work this are his moves:
thunderbolt drill peck extrasensory and shock wave(never misses very usefull on chansey and blissey, or just if you want to be sure you hit) nature: hardy item: lum berry
latios:moves: psychic luster purge dragonbreath recover nature: sassy item: scope lens dragonbreath can paralyz so it can be very usefull and when you fight dragons

yami_of_light
6th June 2007, 9:54 AM

dont spam plz lol

Lord_Sunday
7th June 2007, 10:34 AM
shock wave(never misses very usefull on chansey and blissey,

Shock wave on a blissey :S

Heliotrope
7th June 2007, 12:30 PM
I don't mean to sound like a complete git, but I really don't like your team, pichufan25.

my team i use is:
zapdos
latios
articuno/gengar

You have a huge rock/ice weakness and no physical attackers, so I'd love to know what happens when you encounter a Blissey/Regice/Snorlax.

my zapdos mostly do all the work this are his moves:
thunderbolt drill peck extrasensory and shock wave

You have two electric attacks on it; that's bad. And the fact that you managed to get a baton passing Zapdos, yet got rid of both BP and metal sound just baffles me.

How about this instead:

Zapdos
Timid nature
Thunderbolt
Baton pass
Agility/Substitute
HP Grass/Metal sound

(never misses very usefull on chansey and blissey, or just if you want to be sure you hit) nature: hardy item: lum berry

You want to use shock wave on a Chansey/Blissey?! O_o

Yes, let's use one of the weakest electric attacks on a Pokemon with one of the highest special defence/HP stats. Yeah, that's a great plan.

latios:moves: psychic luster purge dragonbreath recover nature: sassy item: scope lens dragonbreath can paralyz so it can be very usefull and when you fight dragons

You've given him two psychic attacks... That's all I've got to say about him.

My suggestion:

Latios
Timid/Modest nature
Psychic
Ice beam
Thunderbolt
Recover

All your Pokemon die to Regice. Really, he can just ice beam/thunderbolt your whole team.

And since the battle pyramid leader uses all three Regis, well, um... good luck. You'll need it.

And what's your Articuno/Gengar's movesets?

pichufan25
9th June 2007, 5:01 PM
gengar: dream eater
hypnosis
destiny bond
confuse ray
nature:timid item: focus band
articuno:ice beam
extrasensory
water pulse
haze
nature: adamant item: leftovers

and i already defeated battle pyramid

miken park
10th June 2007, 7:48 AM
gengar: dream eater
hypnosis
destiny bond
confuse ray
nature:timid item: focus band
articuno:ice beam
extrasensory
water pulse
haze
nature: adamant item: leftovers

and i already defeated battle pyramid

focus band is a useless item, shell beel would be better.
And adamant is one of the worst natures for articuno.

pichufan25
10th June 2007, 8:48 AM
focus band isn't useless, i defeated a few of those frontier brains thanks to focus band but i shall try how it works with shell bell

mallubear07
10th June 2007, 3:47 PM
i use metagross,zapdos and rhydon they work for me.

Dummy
10th June 2007, 6:36 PM
I use my Starmie, Blissy, and Salamence and I pwned 2 fronteir brains with em.

Conquistador
14th June 2007, 12:23 PM
Any OUs are a good choice.