PDA

View Full Version : Not to be a bother, IV Question...

DaDonYordel
4th June 2007, 2:03 PM
How does people exactly know if they're Pokemon has a flawless stat?
and what is the process of obtaining a flawless stat? breeding right!

DarkSpectrum
4th June 2007, 2:19 PM
How does people exactly know if they're Pokemon has a flawless stat?
and what is the process of obtaining a flawless stat? breeding right!

If you have Emerald, the old man at the battle area will tell you specifically if you have a flawless stat. If not, then you'll have to level it up enough (keeping track of any EV's gained) and use an IV calculater like this one http://www.serebii.net/games/iv-calcdp.shtml to calculate them.

To obtain flawless stats, it is random. There is a 1 in 32 chance that any 1 stat will be flawless. You could obtain a wild pokemon with it or breed one. When breeding there is a chance to inherit UP TO 3 iv's from any of the 2 parents so you could breed a parent with flawless iv(s) and have them inherited (with some chance of course). Breeding is not the only way. (I myself have obtained most my flawless statted pokemon from wild catches including some double flawless stats)

DaDonYordel
4th June 2007, 2:40 PM
I know of the old man...but I have this Snorlax and he said it was flawless at this certain stat, but he said a while before that the it was of average ability...I'm confused about that...what does he mean when he says of average, better-than-average and impressive?

DarkSpectrum
4th June 2007, 3:14 PM
I know of the old man...but I have this Snorlax and he said it was flawless at this certain stat, but he said a while before that the it was of average ability...I'm confused about that...what does he mean when he says of average, better-than-average and impressive?

What he is saying when he gives you the average ability is adding up ALL the IV's of your pokemon and giving a general comparison of them.
This thread could be of help: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=105223
It has FAQ's about IV/EV/etc.

And this is from there and gives a general breakdown of everything the old man says.

3. In Emerald only, you can check with the “Pokemon Breeder” at the Battle Frontier. If you’re not looking for specific numbers, just the general range of your Pokemon’s IVs, he is your best bet. He is located in the house directly above the Pokemon Center at the BF.

He will rate the first Pokemon in your party, first by TOTAL IV count:

“This one, overall, I would describe as being of average ability.” 0 – 90 total IVs
“This one, overall, I would describe as having better-than-average ability.” 91 – 120 total IVs
“This one, overall, I would say is quite impressive in ability!” 121 – 150 total IVs
“This one, overall, I would say is wonderfully outstanding in ability!” 151 – 186 total IVs

And then he will rate your Pokemon’s highest INVIDIUAL IV count (note that if your Pokemon has more than 1 perfect stat, he will choose one at random to mention):

“Incidentally, the best aspect of it, I would say, is its (insert stat here)..."

“That stat is relatively good. ...Hmm... That's how I call it.” 0 - 15
“That stat is quite impressive. ...Hmm... That's how I call it.” 16 - 25
“That stat is outstanding! ...Hmm... That's how I call it.” 26 - 30
“It's flawless! A thing of perfection! ...Hmm... That's how I call it.” 31

So if he said it was of average ability... the total amount of IV's that snorlax would have would be 0-90...31 of that being the flawless stat it had.

DaDonYordel
5th June 2007, 5:38 AM
So all I'll have to do is keep breeding for a good natured Snorlax, make it have a wonderfully outstanding in ability!, and have flawless! A thing of perfection! in one of it's desired stats....that could take a while...
But at least if it works! I'll have at least 1 perfect Pokemon in my team...Thank you for all the help...