PDA

View Full Version : my emerald team

freedom-123
6th June 2007, 8:39 AM
i am trying to make a team good enough to beat other teams in link-up battles and in game...so i am confused on whether to put it here or the competitive area.

so i am planning on doing this:

starmie @ shell bell
modest
natural cure
>t-bolt
>ice beam
>psychic
>surf

heracross @ choice band
adamant
guts
>megahorn
>brick break
>rock slide
>facade

regice @ leftovers
sassy
clear body
>t-bolt
>ice beam
>rest
>sleep talk

Blissey @ leftovers
calm
natural cure
>Aromatherapy
>Toxic
>seismic toss
>softboiled

skarmory @ leftovers
impish?
keen eye?
>drill peck (breed with dodrio right?)
>Roar
>Spikes
>Rest

weezing @ leftovers
impish(should i consider bold? since im gonna send this to d/p eventually, or do u replace sludge bomb wen i send it?)
levitate
>Sludge Bomb
>Haze
>Pain Split
>Will-O-Wisp
(who do i breed with to get the last 2 moves? dusclops?)

for the question marks...well...i have no idea what to put for them, i know...theres 2 sweepers and 4 walls... >.> seems to be a bit unbalanced but all serious suggestions are appreciated!

thank you to those that wants to help me, and it would be good to teach me some strategies on how to use certain teams as well!

Scepgatr
6th June 2007, 9:42 AM
Starmie can hold Shell Bell.
Make Heracross Adamant with Choice Band.

Blissey
calm
natural cure
>Aromatherapy
>Thunder Wave/Toxic
>seismic toss
>softboiled

skarmory
impish
keen eye
>Steel Wing/Aerial Ace
>Roar
>Spikes
>Rest

weezing
impish
levitate
>Sludge Bomb
>Haze
>Pain Split
>Will-O-Wisp

Walls always carry Leftovers. For in-game Regice and Weezing are good walls. Skarmory and Blissey aren't that useful, but in competitive play, they will be the best.

freedom-123
6th June 2007, 10:20 AM
^ hey thanx dude...but can u tell me what evs to train to make them most effective?

also... i dont know how does pain split works...so can someone explain it to me briefly?

also...is it a good idea to keep the jolly heracross? becos its got max attack for its nature, 349.

also if i use these 6 pokemon as my link-up team is it effective?

edit: how about drill peck instead of aerial ace/steel wing?

Scepgatr
6th June 2007, 12:43 PM
Drill Peck works. Forgot to mention it.

Best to move this thread into the competitive zone as I am not too familiar with EV spreads.

Pain Split adds current HP of your Dusclops and the foe, then shares them equally. Best to use it when Dusclops has low HP, while the foe has high HP.

Jolly Heracross is only useful when it has reversal, where being the fastest is important. CBcross is about doing heavy damage, which is only possible with Adamant Nature. Breed your Heracross with an Adamant Ditto holding Everstone. Keep checking all the Heracross that you hatch, since one of them will inherit the flawless Att stat from your current Heracross.

freedom-123
6th June 2007, 2:46 PM
ok ill do that

does the EV spreads suggested on "pokemon of the week" work? they seem pretty professional

crudent
6th June 2007, 2:53 PM
^ Depends. But they work ok for your team.

mr.lucario
6th June 2007, 4:54 PM
uhmm not a good idea to have 3 of your pokemon know ice beam mabey only one

freedom-123
7th June 2007, 8:16 AM
actually only 2 of my pokemon have ice beam since im going to take scepgatr's advice since they seems professional.

eeveeeon
7th June 2007, 9:27 AM
My team

shiny regice
shiny crobat
shin salamance
bilsey
Kyogre
Latias

freedom-123
7th June 2007, 11:07 AM
^ is that meant to be helpful or something?

and i dont use ubers, they ruin the spirit of the game

freedom-123
9th June 2007, 4:48 AM
first of all sorry for double post,

but i jsut realised that chansey takes 10k steps+ to hatch...so are there any other natures that can be used for chansey other than calm?

like for examples, are gentle, sassy and careful natures acceptable too?

ShinyManafi
9th June 2007, 5:50 AM
first of all sorry for double post,

but i jsut realised that chansey takes 10k steps+ to hatch...so are there any other natures that can be used for chansey other than calm?

like for examples, are gentle, sassy and careful natures acceptable too?

There's Bold you can use.

freedom-123
9th June 2007, 7:06 AM
^ bold is +def, -atk?

or something like that...i wasnt looking for defence boost because blissey already has low defence so ill only use it for special defence purpose, i was thinking either calm or careful since im gonna only teach blissey 1 offensive move and thats seismic toss, which is 100 damage all the time....what do ppl think about this?

Scepgatr
9th June 2007, 8:59 AM
Use the Everstone Trick. Also have one Pokémon with Flame Body/Magma Armor Ability in your party to reduce the steps to hatch. Bold Nature is useful and can help greatly to survive strong physical attacks.

freedom-123
9th June 2007, 9:42 AM
but...cant i simply switch to weesing or skarmory if a physical sweeper comes? because my team consist of 2 special walls, 2 physical walls and 2 sweepers...and careful blissey and calm blissey isnt all that different considering the only attack is seismic toss...basically what i wanna know...is extra around 13 defence more useful or the extra 35-40 special defence more useful

also i dont have an calm blissey atm so cant use everstone trick for now

freedom-123
10th June 2007, 12:33 PM
ok screw this...ill train 2 different blisseys...1 bold 1 careful, suggestions for EV spread for bold? and what max stat to look for in bold blissey