PDA

View Full Version : An increase in the incidence of subtitles?

charizardpal
30th August 2007, 5:35 AM
Moving on, I'm getting the impression that more people (like the poster before me) are watching subtitled pokemon episodes via torrent than they did during the era of Kids WB. Is this so?

*Bumps* Let me rephrase the question, "Do you watch Pokemon episodes in Japanese more today than you did when Kids WB still planned the show?"

Korobooshi Kojiro
30th August 2007, 3:57 PM
Subtitles episodes are extremely hard to find...I've seen about 3 for DP.

Now, I watch the RAW version first, but I still watch the dub episodes when they air on TV.

GreatLiver
30th August 2007, 4:41 PM
Kojiro's right, subs don't happen that much, and if they do it's weeks after the episode actually came out. I watch raws, but i started torrenting them only towards the end of BF which i guess would be after WB stopped playing them. i've been watching the raws for a while, it's just they used to be able to be found on YouTube alot easier.

Cobalt_Latios
31st August 2007, 5:42 AM
Kojiro's right, subs don't happen that much, and if they do it's weeks after the episode actually came out. I watch raws, but i started torrenting them only towards the end of BF which i guess would be after WB stopped playing them. i've been watching the raws for a while, it's just they used to be able to be found on YouTube alot easier.
Well, since the fact that only WB was showing brand new episodes and that YTV was a little behind during that time, I went from watching them on Youtube to torrenting them after the 5th episode(more or less after my computer started to have the friggin' video in sync with the audio, rather annoying really). Also, since every time people who posted episodes on Youtube kept getting suspended, and my computer actually having the codec work properly, well I did more torrenting.

For me though, I don't usually go for the subtitle ones. Dub or "originale". Although, twist of fate for us Canadians, we ended up getting Frontier just after you guys were done with it. As I type this, we're going to be getting "Three Jynx and a Baby" this Saturday.

I sort of understand what you're implying with this, but it seems that less people are doing this, possibly because of the fact that Pokemon U.S.A. "seems" to be doing a better job with dubbing. Now I know that the intros suck incredibly, but my guess is that people aren't downloading the subbed versions, possibly because the dubs have improved ever so slightly(you'll notice i'm saying this deliberately because I know that there are many others who may notice the difference better than me.).

Personally though, ever since Google bought Youtube, they've been a bit more "strict" with posted videos. If you find a video of an episode there, I strongly suggest you watch it, because there's a good chance that in roughly 3-5 days from then, it will be removed.

~C_L~

Crystal Clair
31st August 2007, 6:28 AM
I've been watching the raw since PUSA took over. I even watched many episodes during the end of Houen.
But now I'm watching the Japanese fulltime now. The only PUSA dub I would watch would be some episodes of the Battle Frontier and the 9th movie which I am downloading right now.

PUSA murdered Cassidy and murdered Shinji. Why should I suffer through the dub when I'm so used to the original now.
But I cant get enough of that new opening. I think it's the second best dub opening. Period.