PDA

View Full Version : A Suggestion

zander33
14th June 2007, 4:19 AM
Since there are probably over 100 messages per minute, I've many people complaining about their messages not being read, which cause many people to overuse bold, highlight, etc.

So I thought maybe you guys can make another room or two, and make a script so no one can access more than one at a time, that way they don't try to be in both at a time. Or maybe even a chat for battling and another for trades, or even more specific, going into shiny trading or something. I really think something should be done.

Keep in mind, I'm not complaining, just trying to make it easier for us traders, and mods.

Hope you consider.

Mysticalman Luigi
14th June 2007, 9:50 AM
Yeah !
Serebii !The only site with 36 Chat Rooms!

Chris
14th June 2007, 10:25 AM
Another room? Are you kidding me? That's WAY too much for us Ops.

zander33
14th June 2007, 10:52 AM
How so? Can't you divide the ops into the other chatrooms? Who says all of them need to be in them all at once?

Ryuusei
14th June 2007, 11:46 AM
Cause ops are on at different timings.

MEANING YOU'D HAVE TO GET MORE OPS IF THERE ARE MORE CHANNELS.

And cause ops can't be bothered with more then one or two channels.

zander33
14th June 2007, 12:33 PM
Cause ops are on at different timings.

MEANING YOU'D HAVE TO GET MORE OPS IF THERE ARE MORE CHANNELS.

And cause ops can't be bothered with more then one or two channels.

Um, first of all, there was no reason for you to use caps.

Well since there are currently 6 super ops, 4 ops, and 11 ops, you could divide those in how ever many chats you wanted to make (no more than 3 or 4) and even get recruit people that you current ops have seen that you would consider.

Also, you guys' scripts are also very helpful, I mean, it blocks out Pokemon that aren't legit, lots of messages per minute, website/email links, and more, which would be a great help.

Not being cocky or anything, but I think that this is a good suggestion. I think you guys really should consider instead of looking at all the bad things that could happen..

Chris
14th June 2007, 12:37 PM
No, there will be NO dividing. Because everyone's from a different timezone as is already. Considering that's 21 people in staff right there for ONE chatroom that has over 200+ visitors a day, we're not adding anymore staff members to even it up.

You have NO IDEA how bad the chatrooms get and the incredible amount of stress the people there cause. It's bad enough when several of the ops are inactive and leave only two or three available. Adding ANOTHER chat would just cause further problems.

Not to mention, even if we were looking for more help, there's not very many people qualified. Especially when the chat's mostly made up of people who are using Java. We are NEVER giving Op positions to Java users.

Ho-oh Master
14th June 2007, 12:57 PM
More channels will make it easier for traders, So much harder on Op's. And with the complaining from banned people by Op's who have been here for a long time, People will complain from bans by new Op's and complain to Joe and have him rethink his decissions on the new Op's.

Not the best thing to do right now.

zander33
14th June 2007, 12:57 PM
No, there will be NO dividing. Because everyone's from a different timezone as is already. Considering that's 21 people in staff right there for ONE chatroom that has over 200+ visitors a day, we're not adding anymore staff members to even it up.

You have NO IDEA how bad the chatrooms get and the incredible amount of stress the people there cause. It's bad enough when several of the ops are inactive and leave only two or three available. Adding ANOTHER chat would just cause further problems.

Not to mention, even if we were looking for more help, there's not very many people qualified. Especially when the chat's mostly made up of people who are using Java. We are NEVER giving Op positions to Java users.

I understand that you can't give the jobs to Java users. Probably 90% of the Java users won't qualify for Op positions because the Wifi Chat is the first place most of the immature people will click to access a chat via Serebii homepage.

Have you thought of maybe opening applications here in the forum for people to go? There is a LOT less trouble there than here, and from what I've seen there are a lot more mature people here, so you can get quite a few people here.

And I understand the "no dividing" part. If you are able to get more ops with my idea above, those ops may be able to op one of the newer chats if they prefer.

You should at least give it a try instead of NO'ing everything.

zander33
14th June 2007, 1:06 PM
You realize that much thought has to go into it, and give or take in a few years, you get enough experience to know how to make a quick decision. With that logic, would it be alright for me to at least try crack, XTC, or pot instead of saying no to it?

So let me make a few remarks:
1. Unlike some chat clients, IRC allows for users to be in multiple rooms at once. Even if we split up the rooms, regulars will just figure that out, and then lurk in every room.
2. Given that, we don't even need to split the Ops up.
3. I'm pretty sure there's a limit on how many rooms you can own.
4. Considering that we generally like to have a public access system, setting a participant limit or making rooms invite isn't in the best interest. Again, regulars may figure this out, lurk, or invite others. Plus if it's invite only, we'll get nubs requesting to go in.

I understand then I guess. I was just trying to think of a suggestion to make it easier for the ops and us traders/battlers, from what I've seen, ops such as Chris are really getting ticked off there at the moment.

Mysticalman Luigi
14th June 2007, 5:47 PM
There are 2 decent options l think.

1. Make me OP
l am a superduper guy which can do all kind of things at once so just make 56 chatrooms here and make me OP and l will make sure that al noobs get kicked when they spam.

2. Don't have more than 2 chatrooms.
This is a decent option but it is not as good as teh first option cause when it comes down to chatrooms it is teh more teh better and with me as OP there won't be any problem at all.

Chris
15th June 2007, 11:32 AM
There are 2 decent options l think.

1. Make me OP
l am a superduper guy which can do all kind of things at once so just make 56 chatrooms here and make me OP and l will make sure that al noobs get kicked when they spam.

2. Don't have more than 2 chatrooms.
This is a decent option but it is not as good as teh first option cause when it comes down to chatrooms it is teh more teh better and with me as OP there won't be any problem at all.
After you've gone ahead and spammed the chats? And with your trolling record? I don't think so. :)