PDA

View Full Version : What do you do to catch fleeing legendaries?

Champion Jared 14
15th June 2007, 3:44 AM
The dogs/cats, which ever one you call them, and of course the elusive latios and latias.

I'm posting this because I could use some tips, mostly for the dogs. The glitch they have lets them roar, and then they disappear forever unlike in GSC unfortunately. I can see that not all people around here know that. That being said, what method do you use to get them?

Nights
15th June 2007, 3:53 AM
I just throw a masterball, but if I don't have one I use mean look or something similar.

ShinyManafi
15th June 2007, 6:29 AM
I try not to use my Master Ball, so I use a Wobbuffet. Only exception was when I was SRing for Latias in Emerald.

Conquistador
15th June 2007, 8:43 AM
Masterball or Wobbuffet.

Thor's Beard
15th June 2007, 1:34 PM
I use the max repel to find it, then lower its HP. After it has low HP i use Wobbuffet and chuck loads of ultra balls.

pichufan25
15th June 2007, 1:46 PM
I use master ball because i don't use it for anything else.

Keaton
15th June 2007, 2:07 PM
Master ball depending on the legendary...otherwise a fast mean-looking Crobat ^_^

cfc-4-eva
15th June 2007, 7:06 PM
i battle them with my almighty level 62 trapinch :))

PamperedPersian1
15th June 2007, 9:47 PM
I try to Mean Look, Spider Web, etc. but sometimes I don't have the right Pokemon first in my party for it, cause i'm too stupid to look in the Pokedex every 5 secs.

Lord_Sunday
16th June 2007, 2:57 AM
I use the masterball, unless its suicune who doesnt have roar, so theres no risk of it fleeing forever. Once youve trapped it there its just like any other legendary, status effect, red HP and Ultra balls. My pokemon of choice is my almighty Lv 100 Popeye (Dusclops), One Night shade gets (most) level 40-50 legendarys onto red health, and they cant do a thing to him back :), plus it can learn mean look, if you need it.

archer
16th June 2007, 3:36 AM
with suicune i had my sceptile use false swipe twice- 1hp left then got something else to put it asleep. then chuck net balls.

nubinator
16th June 2007, 4:18 AM
Masterball, Spider web, Mean look, Wobbufet.

Zoshi
16th June 2007, 8:13 AM
Master Ball. I don't feel like trying any other way.

Ebil McClucky
16th June 2007, 8:30 AM
I trade for them.

Twitch
16th June 2007, 8:55 AM
I sneak up on them with a tranquilizer rifle, dart them, and when they wake up, hold a commando knife to their jugular and force them to get in the Pokeball.

But seriously, I usually try to lower their HP every encounter, and then when they have HP in the red I throw Ultra Balls at them. If I can get them Paralyzed or something like that that's an added bonus.

Scepgatr
16th June 2007, 10:45 AM
I use Master Ball. All the other legendaries are much easier to catch, and don't mind too much about loosing a Shiny. In Emerald its easier, since one can clone Master Balls.

Concore
16th June 2007, 12:11 PM
I have a really fast Noctowl that I use to hypnotise the Pokemon, then weaken it with a couple of weak Psyhic attacks and bag it with a couple of Ultraballs :)

dusk456
16th June 2007, 12:27 PM
I use Master Balls and if by chance I don't have a Master Ball, then I use two Lv30 Wobbuffets to catch them.

FlyingTotodile
16th June 2007, 4:31 PM
I didn't even know you could get them until a wild Raikou turned up outside Lavender town, at which point I felt such a wave of despair I looked once at my master ball and threw to wipe out the fear of chasing the damn thing around for all eternity!

eonmaster_457
17th June 2007, 8:37 AM
i use my masterball and walk around like an idiot waiting for luck...

Dark FireBird
19th June 2007, 1:08 PM
i usually use wobuffet or a really fast pokemon with hypnosis/sleep powder or something. don't like to use my masterball on 1 of the fleeing legendaries incase i need it for something even rarer- a shiny legendary perhaps...

Hyper Chibi Absol
19th June 2007, 1:11 PM
Use mean look. It helps ALOT!

freedom-123
19th June 2007, 1:32 PM
i used to chuck master balls at em....but now i am trying to save up master balls for colletion so i just use REPELS max repels last too long and i want to take advantage of route switching as much as possible

CharizardMaster
20th June 2007, 7:08 AM
I just use a Master Ball.

Anaya
20th June 2007, 8:29 AM
Sometimes I use the max repel trick, or use a masterball.

chorusco
20th June 2007, 5:38 PM
I Use Wobbufet And Loads Of Ultra Balls

mallubear07
24th June 2007, 9:11 PM
use a masterball and enjoy the rewards

Mamoswine Power
29th June 2007, 4:02 PM
I never look for the ledgentaries and wait until they come to me, then i use a masterball

PsychicsRox
4th July 2007, 2:18 PM
Masterball. With or without cloning methods. Before cloning was found out, I restarted my non-main games because I was bored and got a few more.

metal mewtwo
8th July 2007, 7:08 AM
i just use my masterball cause in reality what other pokemon are you going to use it on other than maybe shinies

Golde
8th July 2007, 7:50 AM
Walk around training, encounter one, then fly to a central town like the one watsons in repetively, cause it gives you 4 chnces to find it. Then pop out the Wobbuffet.

Bdguy
8th July 2007, 1:26 PM
i just use a trapinch with arena trap else a masterball.....

Expert Socky
8th July 2007, 3:25 PM
I usually use Mean Look and then Taunt so it doesn't use Roar on me.

BlazingKen
8th July 2007, 4:11 PM
Catch? I trade them all off my trustworthy bestfriend but I guess I won't be able to when D/P comes out in the U.K.

Hater_of_Legendaries
8th July 2007, 7:07 PM
I normally carry around 15 master to help with fleeing legendaries.

mallubear07
9th July 2007, 11:02 PM
is just easier

Mynona
13th July 2007, 6:51 PM
What I do is use something fast (or Quick-Claw-wielding) to paralyze them, (yay for training a Minun), so that on future encounters they'll usually be slower than me, plus the paralyzation helps with capture. Then I send out a Crobat/Golbat with Mean Look for the second encounter and use that, then whittle it down with a weak-ish attack. Then I switch to a high-level False Swiper, and the Wild Pokemon still attacks as if Mean Look is still in effect. The False Swipe can then get it to 1 HP usually before it runs. On the third encounter, I send out the Mean-Looking Golbat/Crobat and use Mean Look, then throw a volley of Quick/Ultra/Timer Balls depending on the duration of battle, while also using Hyper Potions when need be on the Golbat to keep it healthy. Also, it might be helpful to use a different trapper instead of Golbat, simply because its type is a sort of weakness against the Fleeing Legendaries like Raikou, Suicune (with Aurora Beam?), Latias, Latios, and now Mesprit and Cresselia.

By the way, I would save before the third encounter, just in case it resorts to Struggling.

BTY
13th July 2007, 10:25 PM
I use a Mean Looking Crobat, then I switch to a Smeargle that knows Spore and False Swipe.

evolutions
16th July 2007, 12:59 PM
mean look/block is pretty much necessary. Or just chuck a master ball at it.

Alzatia
16th July 2007, 1:23 PM
I just Masterball the thing. >.>

Avegaille
17th July 2007, 1:33 AM
Masterball, simple as that... 8D

Or if you're persistent, use Wobbuffet... ;D

heliopath
17th July 2007, 7:06 AM
mean look crobat and fast balls... on 3rd gen mean look, paralyze sumhow and lots of premier balls (yes i would buy lots of pokeballs 10 at a time till i had 100 premier balls, premier balled legendaries ppl, like more.)

Champion Jared 14
17th July 2007, 6:49 PM
fast balls are only on second gen. games. They still sucked against the dogs, never caught them. My my, we have a lot of masterballers, or masterball users out there.

K-os
18th July 2007, 6:28 PM
I don't care about them, if I run into them I throw any random ball.