PDA

View Full Version : The chat RAWKS.

LugiaRules
21st June 2007, 5:46 AM
I'd just like to say thanks for a good chat, Serebii, and thanks for all the Ops for kicking all the idiots to keep the chat intelligence rate up.

Thanks again.

Chris
21st June 2007, 8:33 AM
What? No sarcasm? No complaints? I feel jibbed. Usually that's what one expects nowadays in these topics. :(

Kirby
21st June 2007, 8:36 AM
Dear Chris,

You are the worst op ever. Not only do you kick people out for real reasons, but you make highly funny remarks while doing so.

I hate SPP chat and it's horrible ops who kick other people for real reasons. Look at all the abuse, check all the chatroom topics on the forum.

Person A complains.

Op comes in with logs, showing why they were banned.

Person A leaves looking like a moron.

SPP chat is unfair and horrible.

And Chris is short.

Fox
21st June 2007, 10:54 AM
Dear Chris,

You are the worst op ever. Not only do you kick people out for real reasons, but you make highly funny remarks while doing so.

I hate SPP chat and it's horrible ops who kick other people for real reasons. Look at all the abuse, check all the chatroom topics on the forum.

Person A complains.

Op comes in with logs, showing why they were banned.

Person A leaves looking like a moron.

SPP chat is unfair and horrible.

And Chris is short.

Underline = so true

Ho-oh Master
21st June 2007, 12:58 PM
Zomg Fox, So this is the Fox I've been hearing about >_>

Has Aipom become a noob or is She just being mean to Chris :p

Kirby
21st June 2007, 1:26 PM

Has Aipom become a noob or is She just being mean to Chris :p

It's not that hard to see I was complaining to make Chris happy, even if I was joking.

Ho-oh Master
21st June 2007, 1:44 PM
>_> I know, I was making a joke.

Paperfairy
21st June 2007, 5:07 PM
The sarcasm combined with the not sarcasm in this thread is making my head hurt incredibly.

RandomCharizard
21st June 2007, 5:11 PM
I'd just like to say thanks for a good chat, Serebii, and thanks for all the Ops for kicking all the idiots to keep the chat intelligence rate up.

Thanks again.

The chat intelligence rate isn't that high buddy. Infact, I think its in the negatives right now ^_^;;

Nny
21st June 2007, 7:52 PM
The chat isn't as good as before. I enjoyed it back when it was only 30-40 people max.

Ho-oh Master
21st June 2007, 10:56 PM
O.o 30-40 people? Its been awhile sense I've seen it like that. You guys need a side private channel.

Skiks
21st June 2007, 10:59 PM
Underline = so true
I second that notion!

facetious
22nd June 2007, 1:00 AM
O.o 30-40 people? Its been awhile sense I've seen it like that. You guys need a side private channel.
There already are about 20 SPP splinter channels, like #SPP-teens, #trashmeister, #Brinstar_Depths, #closet (LOL) etc.

Nny
22nd June 2007, 1:43 AM
No, it was regular #SPP It was like a year ago or so.

facetious: Basically, yeah. Back there weren't so much.

Erik Destler
22nd June 2007, 1:50 AM
There already are about 20 SPP splinter channels, like #SPP-teens, #trashmeister, #Brinstar_Depths, #closet (LOL) etc.

No.. o_O

the only true SPP split site is #SPP-teens and #SPP-wifi.

BrinstarDepths is a channel for a site,
and the other channels aren't really SPP either.. oO

Nevertheless, the chat does "rawk" sometimes.

And I do miss the days when it was like 30 people in there. :'(

Oh well.

facetious
22nd June 2007, 2:03 AM
#BrinstarDepths was a place where so-called "intelligent SPPers" went to abstain from the amass of retards that went to the main channel. I know because someone told me that was what the channel was mainly intended for - that sounds like a 'splinter channel' to me. You're kidding yourself if you believe that #BrinstarDepths was solely for that pathetic website/forum(???) it's based on.

Locke Yggdrasill
22nd June 2007, 2:04 AM
Yar. :p
Speaking of which, HAY FOX!

Chris, most people think that compliments are spam nowadays. ;(

It's great until you decide to gather up the username "Asuka_Draws_Boobies", because then Britney Spears will ban you for the whole night. :p

#BrinstarDepths was a place where so-called "intelligent SPPers" went to abstain from the amass of retards that went to the main channel. I know because someone told me that was what the channel was mainly intended for - that sounds like a 'splinter channel' to me. You're kidding yourself if you believe that channel was solely for that pathetic website/forum(???) it's based on.
I'm assuming that the only reason that Brinstar Depths is actually still around is because it has a hold on the internet through its website. Channels like #oranges and #server47 never did, so that's why they passed. So it's kind of credited to its website regardless of it's SPP population.

Kirby
22nd June 2007, 5:17 AM
#Brinstar_Depths is on a completely different server now, and not only that but last time I was there (1.5-2 months ago), there were the usual Brinstar people, and a bunch of new people not even associated with SPPf or SPP chat.

LugiaRules
22nd June 2007, 8:24 AM
The chat intelligence rate isn't that high buddy. Infact, I think its in the negatives right now ^_^;;

I never said it was high, I was just saying thanks to the Ops for keeping it from dropping any lower.

RandomCharizard
24th June 2007, 2:48 AM
I never said it was high, I was just saying thanks to the Ops for keeping it from dropping any lower.

Except the Ops are keeping it from getting any higher :/

EternalSmasherSceptile
24th June 2007, 2:56 AM
^ LOL's at above post.
I'm actually glad that I don't go to the chat. Mainly because:
1. The rules are too "strict" sometimes.
2. All the rule breakers in the chat. From what some of the mods post, I'd say it's pretty chaotic there.
I'm not really sure if it rox in my opinion. :\

Nny
24th June 2007, 6:08 AM
^ LOL's at above post.
I'm actually glad that I don't go to the chat. Mainly because:
1. The rules are too "strict" sometimes.
2. All the rule breakers in the chat. From what some of the mods post, I'd say it's pretty chaotic there.
I'm not really sure if it rox in my opinion. :\
1. hahahahaha, that's a good one there buddy, hahahahaha. Trust me, be thankful we even have those rules.
2. It's not always chaotic, it's just foolish people acting foolish. They have no common sense.

D-Boi
27th June 2007, 11:18 AM

Thanks again.

I take it that was your first time? Next time, let's try without the rubber. ;)

Shigaiko
27th June 2007, 6:09 PM
I don't know what SPP chat you're going to, but the one I went to was a breeding ground for pre-adolescent sociophiles who think the message box is a search engine.

Shuko
27th June 2007, 7:34 PM
Anytime you get a bunch of people to interact with others when they've never met them before (or heck, even if they have), there is bound to be a certain degree of stupidity and inanity. It's inevitable and expected. That being said, I happen to have a smashing time in the chat, when I can read it fast enough to keep up with the conversations. :p It's not perfect, but nothing ever is. I think that, considering the large volume of users it sees, our little chats do pretty darn well. Maybe we need better coverage with the OPs, but that can really only be helped if we get ops from lots of different time zones and/or OPs that don't have any lives outside the chats. xD In other words, it has its ups and downs, and that's okay.

The only thing about it that bugs me are the people who come into the normal chat and spam it up with wifi-related activities and ban whining. If all that went away, I'd be perfectly content. ^-^

PLANES CURE TOWERS
28th June 2007, 1:03 AM
Are you joking.

Shuko
28th June 2007, 4:17 AM
Are you joking.
Nope, I'm quite serious. :p Or were you not referring to me?