PDA

View Full Version : One Big Happiny Family! (506)

Serebii
22nd June 2007, 10:14 AM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/506.jpgExplosive Birth! Cycling Road!

Enroute from Eterna City, Brock's egg starts to glow. Finding a nearby Nurse Joy and await the egg to hatch. Happiny hatches from the egg and immediately takes a shine to Brock. Lacking a White Rock however, Brock goes out to find one. However, Team Rocket have their eyes set on Brock's new Pink Pokémon. Can the new Pokémon be protected?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/shinou/506.shtml)

Discuss

Pika Hikari KT
22nd June 2007, 11:16 AM
-Get that bike music into your head, cause the twerps are on Cycling Road. Dawn has a flashback to when she first met Pikachu...yep, another bike electrocuted to a crisp. The 'Chu's gotta stop doing that to other girls' bikes.:p

-Soon, they get to a rather rundown Pokémon Center and encounter...AAAHHH! EMO JOY!

Brock still does his thing, with Croagunk holding him at Jab point.

-I'm guessing the Center hasn't had any trainers come by in years, making Joy the 'Crawling in My Skin' emo she is now. Brock shows his egg as Croagunk pokes a mushroom...and it starts to rain. TO THE CENTER!

-Back inside, Joy and Chansey are all fired up now as they do an electrode(not the Pokémon, the item used at hospitals) scan on the egg. Meanwhile...

-Team Rocket escaped the rain as well and are eating the...Pokémon food? Weird. Dawn pops in for a look around and they hide until she's gone.

-Back with the kids, the egg finally hatches...into a koot widdle Happiny! Brock gives her a bath as TR look on...

-HOLY KARP, CONTINUITY! We get a re-flashback from when Jesse was in Chansey nurse school, which was from a filler in Johto! This gives Jesse motivation to presumably steal Happiny after a Meowth-like look at the future: with them as Pokémon doctors, they'd be rich.

-Meanwhile, Happiny doesn't seem too happy. Dawn recalls the picture in the Dex--Happiny is missing the egglike stone she carries to imitate her evolutions!

-Brock goes outside to carve a Round Stone for the Cleric Wall using a sandpaper tool not unlike those in Wood Shop class. He's about to give the stone to Happiny when...TR suddenly steal her somehow. Darn pics...

-Motto, protest, fly off. James sends out Cacnea to stall with Sandstorm while they escape. Jesse makes the mistake of letting the baby out of her cage; and like a scene out of Rugrats, Happiny causes trouble--escaping by climbing the balloon. Wobbuffet tries getting her, but pulls too hard and rips the balloon instead!

-Back on the ground, Ash sends out Staravia to blow away the sand...and Joy goes back emo again! NOOOO~ But not to fear, there's an injured Starly and Weedle nearby which gives her some hope, and Chansey's got the first aid kit.

-Meanwhile, Jesse and Meowth try to cheer up Happiny(unsuccessfully) by making faces, and James comes back with some rocks for the Cleric Wall. Staravia spots them from the air.

-Joy finishes up bandaging Starly and Weedle(you know, it's been a while since we've seen one of those), and Staravia comes back with the news.

-TR isn't having luck with Happiny, and Jesse's fuse runs out as the twerps arrive. BATTLE!

-James sends out Cacnea, and Brock sends out Sudowoodo. Type advantage wins out as Cacnea pwns Sudo with Needle Arm.

-Meowth, Wobby, and Mime Jr.(!) corner Happiny...but she starts KICKING BUTT! Jesse sends out Seviper, but that makes things worse--Happiny uses Seismic Toss to knock it into TR!

-Ooh, but they're resilient! Cacnea uses Pin Missile, but Volt Tackle sends them blasting off.

-Brock finally gives Happiny the Round Stone, and catches her after an amusing scene...looks like Happiny doesn't know her own strength! How ironic as it has the lowest Attack in the game!

-Later on, the Center is refurbished and the kids say goodbye...but not without a quick flirt from Brocko! You know what happens next...JAB'D!

MechaBulba
22nd June 2007, 11:39 AM
Looked like a bit of a boring episode (as dose next weeks). But 4 thing stand out (4 me that is)
-Greggle poking the mushrooms Lol
-Wobbofetts face to make Happiny laugh. LOL It looks like one of them green slim badguys from The Legand of Zelda Majoras Mask.
-Happiny Using a Seismic toss.
-Cacnea kicking some butt.

Korobooshi Kojiro
22nd June 2007, 2:45 PM
Sweet, Happiny is like Bam Bam...but without the custody battle.

TeddiUrsa
22nd June 2007, 2:57 PM
I wonder why someone shut down the speculation thread, yet didn´t open THIS thread for a few hours...

I loved the drawing style during the Rocket-Dan scenes. the intro was very nice...=) ( but...was the greggle-poison stab-scene recycled? it felt SO familiar...I AM SURE that they used a scene from "Mukkuru Ganbaru!"/DP13 and just replaced the ranger-chick with Nurse Joi...)
I really like Makoto Shinj?´s style. The animation could have been a lot better, but his style is just cool.

Wow,...Musashi still has her special item that she shares with her Happinas friend...a very nice touch. Gotta love her fantasie about "Team Pokemon-Center" xD

I never liked Pinpuku from the official art or its sprite in the games...but the anime made it look adorable...Takeshi finally shows his breeder skills AND gets a cute yet cool baby pokemon. It reminds me of little Son Gohan...

Also, horray for Sonans upside-down with paint on it. xD

EDIT: STILL no real Happinas since the nurse-school-episode... :(

Jonah
22nd June 2007, 3:47 PM
The animation wasn't so good. In one stillframe, it looked like Brock's arm was being torn apart from the g-forces of throwing a Pokeball.

I like continuity.

And why did everyone get so freaked out when Croagunk was examining a mushroom?

pochama_blue
22nd June 2007, 3:55 PM
i thought it was an ok episode but i did think that in some shots Happiny looked just ugly like disgustingly ugly eww

Gravy
22nd June 2007, 4:03 PM
That Chansey kept slapping Nurse Joy's butt. Take that as you will.

I like the fact that they made me not hate a pokémon that's on par with Azurril as the most pointless addition to the pokédex. Now that my fellow forum goers, is just peachy keen!
I also like how they decided to make it a Brock abuser, just like good ol' Unca 'Gunk. Albeit, an accidental Brock abuser, but that's what makes it's routine funnier. And hey! Just like early Johto's Uber Wooper, it seems that Happiny is ignoring the typical traits of it's species (ie. being weaker than highly diluted orange juice) and is actually going to be capable of doing something that isn't just sucking on a bottle or crying. Yay!~

Can't think of anything else to add here. That very random wild Mukkuru had spine damage, and Muku.BIRD broke his legs again. 90% of Muku-related accidents occur in significant episodes.

S.Suikun
22nd June 2007, 5:15 PM
Whoa snap! A reference to the friggin' Blissey episode?

Most episodes where eggs hatch tend to be pretty boring and standard episodes which feature nothing but the egg hatching and TR stealing the hatched Pokemon, (and though the Eevee one was different, it still was boring as hell) and this was no exception. Sure, the emo Joy was a bit more interesting than your typical Joy, but everything else was free of creativity and...dare I say it...DRAMA. Although some people still need to learn the difference between good and bad animation. Hey, even the best artists have a few errors.

Happiny hurling Brock in the air may very well be our next running gag, and while Brock pain is always amusing, it's nowhere near as amusing as Croagunk jabbing him.

Korobooshi Kojiro
22nd June 2007, 5:17 PM
but everything else was free of creativity and...dare I say it...DRAMA.
But...this episode had rain! FALLING RAIN I TELLS YA! BUCKET FULLS!

it's nowhere near as amusing as Croagunk jabbing him.
However, a Happiny-Croagunk combo would rock!

R_N
22nd June 2007, 5:35 PM
So, I saw the epy pictures, and have this to say first off….
HOLY FREAKING CRAP!?!?!? CONTINUITY?!?!?!? FROM JOHTO!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!???!?!??!!111?!/!/

Now, back to my usual commentary.

Happiny looked preatty cute, but was her voice annoying? And aside from being kidnapped and playing with Pikachu, what did she do(if anything)?

I like how Jessie seemed to want to open up her own SUPER Pokemon Center(I liked the design of the P).

Oh, and BIKES. Didn’t see that coming. And they weren’t destroyed or nohting. That is weird. Is that a sign of the apokalypse?

Gravy
22nd June 2007, 7:47 PM
Happiny looked preatty cute, but was her voice annoying?
It's actually pretty quiet, even when it's crying, and all it ever says is 'Puk'. So no, it's voice wasn't annoying at all.

Mythic Mist
22nd June 2007, 7:58 PM
Wait, Shinjo animated this? O_o? He came back?

S.Suikun
22nd June 2007, 8:31 PM
But...this episode had rain! FALLING RAIN I TELLS YA! BUCKET FULLS!
Yeah, but those floor tiles in the Pokemon Center, I tell ya...

Gravy
22nd June 2007, 8:40 PM
That would explain why the light coming from Happiny's egg was so much more intense than that usually seen in your everyday hatching process.

...so in the grand scheme of things, the floor tiles actually helped make the scene more....dare I say it.....dramatic. Oh sheet, poetic irony.

Dax
22nd June 2007, 11:48 PM
The episode was ok. The first scene was really nice and I liked how Dawn reminded Ash that Pikachu burned her bike. And Piplup, nice that you were only in that scene. I needed a break from you and now I'm back to loving you.

Happiny's voice is rather cute. I thought it was going to be high-pitched but it wasn't.I do expect her to have a very high-pitched voice in the dub. I feel that she was overpowered a bit when she threw Seviper but it was all ok.

Is my little bird supposed to be in every episode? He sure gets screen time.

Nice to see Sudowoodo again, it lost but he was really forgotten in the anime.I like Sudowoodo a lot but I feel that he's really getting the Mudkip treatment.

I think the personality of Happiny was just obvious. Happiny, she's supposed to be happy.I love that she's not just a baby who cries and loves to eat. She's powerful too with that Seismic Toss. I feel that she's bipolar, she was laughing and suddenly she started to cry...but oh well, no big deal.

Happiny throwing Brock is not as good as Croagunk stabbing him. It's alright but not as cool.

R_N
23rd June 2007, 12:17 AM
Let us hope that by the end of the season, she flings a Wailord into the atmosphere just to have it come crashing down.

AshfanGirl20
23rd June 2007, 1:26 AM
I find it funny how Brock keeps getting all these Pokemon who stab him or throw him high in the air dispite him not wanting it LOL. Any ways saw the images and I enjoyed it. Haven't seen Ash and the gang ride on bikes for along time, since the bike episode in Indigo I think. I mean the Hoeon group never road bikes but suddenly D/P Trio group does, that's what I love about D/P there trying things that they haven't done in along time. What next?! Ash V.S Dawn over an egg? Oh wait they did that only with Brock winning. I'm really enjoying this season, its rockin.

Geodude
23rd June 2007, 1:38 AM
I don't think it was a real Seismic Toss, just a "grab-and-toss".

Pika Hikari KT
23rd June 2007, 2:09 AM
Sorry about that; I was just guessing that it was because it's a pretty standard move for competitive Blissey. And I thought of 'The Punchy Pokémon'(Machop threw Primeape around like that in the attack's debut)...I guess it'd be the standard around the world cutscene if it was ST.:(

Snorkle
23rd June 2007, 3:31 AM
That Happini is cute as hell. It's voice isn't loud, annoying and whiny which is a major plus and the fact that it finds enjoyment in tossing its trainer high into the air (thereby defying several laws of science...) is fun. ^.^

I honestly didn't expect the Blissey-eppy reference but it was a nice addition, quite fitting.
Greggle poking mushrooms was just pure joy (no pun intended). I don't even know why, it was just amusing to watch...Brock and everyone else is freaking out over the Egg in the background while Greggle is just sitting there, in that signature completely-uninterested-fashion it has. Anybody else notice that they didn't show Brock return him to his Pokeball after that scene when they all ran inside? Leaving him out in the rain, aww. I guess that was supposed to be implied...

Wobbuffet making faces = XD.
Would have been amusing if one of them suggested cooking it and eating it.

Looking back now, I find it strange that they titled the Episode 'Explosive Birth! Cycling Road!' seeing that Cycling Road was barely showcased in the whole episode itself. I mean...they showed it for a few minutes in the beginning and again for a few minutes at the end but the actual plot of the episode was situated in a Pokemon Center. Kind of misleading title but oh well, suppose its not that big of a deal.

Pretty okay episode. Nothing too majorly exciting except maybe Happini's feats of superhuman strength, but it wasn't total trash.

Addydo
23rd June 2007, 10:47 AM
so, was it Seismic Toss or not?!
I can't wait to see the episode in the US! :D

Pika Hikari KT
23rd June 2007, 12:09 PM
They didn't say the attack name; Happiny was just being freakishly strong.^^;

cassius335
24th June 2007, 10:53 AM
They didn't say the attack name; Happiny was just being freakishly strong.^^;

Strength, possibly?

Geodude
24th June 2007, 5:59 PM
Happiny has not used any attacks.

Dax
24th June 2007, 9:17 PM
Happiny is a baby that was freakishly strong in his debut...that's all. She's freakishly cute sometimes, and sometimes she just looks ugly. I need to see more of Happiny to see if I like her. I don't believe that she's going to be so strong most of the time...no no no.

uber gon
25th June 2007, 10:29 AM
Still can't believe the writers haven't shown a REAL Blissey anymore.

reehee
25th June 2007, 1:14 PM
I think a Blissey did appear in the anime once...in Johto saga...
But if you meant a rather 'active' Blissey, then I agree with that. I saw Chanseys showing attack moves...hope the 'real Blissey' appears soon.

Happiny was PLAIN cute. The voice fits it very well. And she's strong, too. ^^ Looks like Brock got himself some sort of a bodyguard now. ^^;;

Miss Rarity
25th June 2007, 9:49 PM
Pinpuku is cool, i hope that takeshi uses her in battles as well. I hope she's out most of the time! >=O Lol, i wonder how the other pokemon will interact with her in the next episode! o= oh and what a bish pinpuku is hitting manene! >=O

uber gon
26th June 2007, 11:42 AM
I think a Blissey did appear in the anime once...in Johto saga...
But if you meant a rather 'active' Blissey, then I agree with that. I saw Chanseys showing attack moves...hope the 'real Blissey' appears soon.

Happiny was PLAIN cute. The voice fits it very well. And she's strong, too. ^^ Looks like Brock got himself some sort of a bodyguard now. ^^;;

Actually I meant a "non-Wobuffet wearing a Blissey suit" real, but an attacker Blissey is fine too.

Besides, do you know how long ago that Johto episode was?

Crimsonmon
28th June 2007, 2:13 AM
There was also a Blissey in the episode where Jesse trades for Wobbuffet (Although it was nothing more than a second long cameo), but I can't remember if it came after the nurse school episode or not.

npdargy312
18th July 2007, 10:12 AM
I really dont think Brock fits Happiny's perosnality but w/e

Treecko Girl
7th October 2007, 7:30 PM
Awwww...
Isn't Happiny cute?! I hope she never evolves.

Addydo
13th October 2007, 1:30 AM
On Bulbapedia it says Happiny knows Seismic Toss, is that true or false?!

Korobooshi Kojiro
13th October 2007, 1:33 AM
I think it has Super Strength, but no actual command was given IRC.

Addydo
13th October 2007, 1:50 AM
I think it has Super Strength, but no actual command was given IRC.

See, that's what I thought! I tried to get rid of it on Bulbapedia, but they keep putting it back on, claiming she knows Seismic Toss!

Pika Hikari KT
13th October 2007, 9:50 AM
On Bulbapedia it says Happiny knows Seismic Toss, is that true or false?!
That was my mistake, sorry. But I can't even edit in Bulbapedia, so who did do it?

Dawn_Piplup
18th October 2007, 5:32 AM
The episode was ok. The first scene was really nice and I liked how Dawn reminded Ash that Pikachu burned her bike.

I loved that part! I can hardly wait 4 the English episode to come out, I want to know what they BOTH said!

Dawn_Piplup
18th October 2007, 5:33 AM
:) Happiny is cute ^^ If only Dawn won the egg ;(

WaterDragon trainer
24th November 2007, 4:06 PM
This episode was good. I found it funny when Brock ditched his egg to flirt with Joy as well as Croagunk playing with some mushrooms while everyone else freaked about the soon-to-hatch egg. It was interesting to see a Happiny. It was also funny with Jessie trying to make Happiny happy, Cacnea being blasted off by Egg Bomb, Happiny plowing through TR’s pokemon, and Happiny somehow lifting/tossing Brock into the air. Overall, I kinda think Happiny should've gone to Dawn for a couple reasons. First, Brock already had a baby pokemon (Bonsly). Second, I think a pokemon like Happiny would be more suitable for Dawn than Brock.

Corzola
25th November 2007, 1:18 PM
Wow, they really are changing path in D/P storytelling-wise. Depressed Joys, bicykling and direct refernces to the games, Dawns joke about her bike... A baby Pokemon that seems interesting (Bonsly looks like a shadow in comparision). The only negative thing I can think of is maybe it was a bit to much comic.

7/10 p.

jolteonjak
25th November 2007, 2:34 PM
Happiny is adorable! I have it ranked up there with Piplup in the cute factor (nothing comes close to Manene!). I'm so glad it's voice wasn't as bad as Bonsly's voice in Japanese. *shudders*

"Nurse Killjoy" got annoying rather quickly, but I guess depression can do that to someone.

I really liked that Jessie recalled her time at Chansey school from the episode "Ignorance is Blissey," and now that it's been mentioned I can't remember the last time a real Blissey appeared. Oh well.

This one was pretty good. Let's hope Happiny makes things more interesting for Brock.

Shiny qwilfish of doom
25th November 2007, 5:47 PM
it just makes me wonder,what will brock use his happiny for?battleing,or just walk around?better wait for the next episodes to find out.

Poke'T<3
25th November 2007, 5:49 PM
HAPPINY IS SO CUTE! i also love its vioce, it is so cute and high pitched. It is about the perfect pokemon for brock. Has more personality than bonsly. It is ranked real high in the cute factor along with Ash's pikachu!!! =D

Leona
25th November 2007, 11:21 PM
awwww i just loved this episode :P and Happiny because it's just so sweet and cute and who would of thought a pokemon that just hatched from an egg would be powerful enough to pick up and throw up people lol. Pretty funny i say also not to mention Happiny's voice lol awww

Rebeccag
26th November 2007, 12:13 AM
awwwww Happiny is just so cute I agree. I laughed when it tossed Brock in the air though that was funny. I also liked the bit when Team Rocket were trying to cheer it up and it just started poking its tongue out that was funny. i also liked the bit when the egg was about to hatch. Overall a good episode ^_^

Darkness Angel
26th November 2007, 6:43 AM
Wonder if this will be Brock's only new pokemon of this new season?

uber gon
26th November 2007, 5:24 PM
Dawn, the first gen. girl so far to NOT hold anything against Ash about burning her bike.

133tSneasel
27th November 2007, 7:43 AM
Interesting how Material Brock is and that this Happiny shows how brock loves Nurse joy.

Wonder if Brock will leave to stay with a Nurse Joy once that Happiny evolves into a Chansey.

Really cool episode, especially when Happiny Tossed brock, another Pokemon who beats on him.

Corzola
27th November 2007, 7:52 AM
Dawn, the first gen. girl so far to NOT hold anything against Ash about burning her bike.

I suppouse they can´t have all girls complaning about it. The character of Misty used it to follow Ash which later on became a running gag. I thought that she never cared about the bike after a few eps in s1. May did complain but only in the very beginning, which was good, and she never saw it as important. And it was a way to get a travell- companion. Dawns way of looking at it was the even more realistic, she noted it but saw the situation and could joke about it. I thought the scenes in the beginning of the ep showed a bit of what Dawns character are.

Well I don´t think Brock going to stay at a Pokemon Center when/if Happiny evolves, hower it is set up for one great tearful goodbye- episode. Brocks only Pokemon, he already has Crognaruk as new, Bonsly has evolved and therfore Sudowodo is more or less new, and now Happiny. Remember when Zubat was his only Pokemon that evolved (in the Jotho saga) and Pinecho was the only real new addition to his team. As I said, D/P really are changing the style of the series.

uber gon
27th November 2007, 8:06 PM
I suppouse they can´t have all girls complaning about it. The character of Misty used it to follow Ash which later on became a running gag. I thought that she never cared about the bike after a few eps in s1. May did complain but only in the very beginning, which was good, and she never saw it as important. And it was a way to get a travell- companion. Dawns way of looking at it was the even more realistic, she noted it but saw the situation and could joke about it. I thought the scenes in the beginning of the ep showed a bit of what Dawns character are.

Well I don´t think Brock going to stay at a Pokemon Center when/if Happiny evolves, hower it is set up for one great tearful goodbye- episode. Brocks only Pokemon, he already has Crognaruk as new, Bonsly has evolved and therfore Sudowodo is more or less new, and now Happiny. Remember when Zubat was his only Pokemon that evolved (in the Jotho saga) and Pinecho was the only real new addition to his team. As I said, D/P really are changing the style of the series.

Well in future episodes, things will take some VERY unique turns.

Cobalt_Latios
29th November 2007, 4:44 PM
Okay my only comments towards this episode are as follows.

-Actual mention of Dawn's bike being destroyed while their riding bikes.
-Happiny being overly powerful. I mean, it pulls a pika and 'launches' Seviper at TR. Now, had they been blasted off from said event, I would've been shocked. Nice to see the writers actually have a limit to things.

Nothing beats Happiny "juggling" Brock, quite literally too. Ouch, and I thought Bonsly was powerful. Small things pack quite the punch.

-And of course, random sander that materializes and dematerializes.

~C_L~

RageKaiser
3rd December 2007, 2:54 AM
I was half expecting PUSA to put on a Linkin' park song when They met Nurse Joy >_>

And despite what Brock says, it looks to me that Chansey is trying to get a hold of Nurse Joy `-`

Oh and idk if this has happened before in the dub (I haven't been keeping up lately) But no annoying dex music this time around..

and the wine that James was drinking wasn't edited o.o

RedJirachi
2nd January 2008, 8:05 AM
Chansey slapped Nurse Joy's butt!

wobbanut
27th August 2008, 3:13 AM
Happiny has been fun to watch. I love the recurring gag of her showing off her strength, it never gets old. It was a surprise to me the first time I saw the episode, but then I think back to "A Chansey Operation" when they had the gag of chansey holding up the sure-to-be-heavy police building. I guess the line must be made of powerhouses, LOL. The part where Happiny tosses Brock up and down in the air at the end is also hilarious. :D

Oh yes, and I was glad to see the reference to "Ignorance is Blissey", I almost forgot about that.

Tadashi
8th November 2008, 9:12 AM
Anyone remember, back in the day, when Togepi was hatched? There was no Nurse Joy & vital signs taken. It just... hatched, surprise! in Misty's arms.

This saddened me =\ Hey, I'm all glad that Happiny hatched alright, but it just made me sigh.

Oh well. Seeing Brock's "maternal instinct" kick in was adorable! <3 I think he'd do well with a daughter of his own ^_^

JunLeaf
24th November 2008, 7:02 PM
@Tadashi, I agree

Wow! That Happiny is really strong, and his voice (In Dutch) was very great! I hope it stays Happiny and don't evolve into Chansey.

HoennMaster
25th November 2008, 6:19 AM
LOL, Happiny are female only.

TurtwigFan1
10th December 2008, 8:10 PM
Great episode, Happiny is still as cute and strong as ever!

Igottapoo
21st January 2009, 11:18 AM
This was a good episode. Happiny was so adorable. I loved it. Brock deserved a cool Pokemon like that.

Rommath
30th January 2009, 8:30 PM
Great episode. Love that cute little egg. I'm glad Jessie did make a reference back to her time in the Nurse School. I like how they made Happiny super strong, and not like most other baby Pokemon. Poor Seviper...

(s.i.e)
10th March 2009, 4:23 PM
happiny was quite adorable in this episode, i really liked watching this episode.

Littlemyuu
27th April 2009, 5:10 PM
Happiny is so cute...its a cute Pokemon =)

S.Suikun
23rd June 2009, 1:06 AM
Why is it that every episode that features a Pokemon hatching is basically the exact same thing? I seriously fail to see what sets Pinpuku's debut apart from Larvitar's or Phanpy's (I suppose Eevee's was different, but that episode had nothing to do with the egg). The egg hatches after a few episodes, TR steals it, standard antics ensue. I suppose there was some good usage of Musashi here, coinciding with the unexpected reference to the Blissey episode in Johto (a Johto highlight, might I add). And Pinpuku is an entertaining baby that has thus far been underused (as opposed to past babies like frickin' Gonbe). But overall, this episode really bored me, which is unfortunate since Takeshi's times in the spotlight are so few-and-far-between. I can't even whip up a second paragraph for this; it was just as unremarkable as every other egg-hatching episode in this series.

C

STICKTOPIA
19th September 2009, 8:45 PM
Happiny has some strength O_o

Surfer_Dude
27th September 2009, 8:11 AM
Yay happiny hatched!! :):):)

Good ol brock finding a white rock for happiny :)

Lorde
5th December 2009, 4:46 AM
It started off pretty boring and then it got exciting. I'm glad Happiny hatched so soon after Brock got it's egg to be honest. I was beginning to think it would never hatch or that it would hatch really late in Sinnoh. It's refreshing to have the writers give such a small Pokemon like Happiny, so much strength. 7/10.

Ash-kid
16th December 2009, 4:45 PM
I loved to see Happiny's egg hatchs finaly.

And Brock was great, like a father. it was funny...

8/10

KGB13
23rd January 2010, 12:14 AM
Nice episode. I'm glad Happiny hatched so soon and it's hilarious how strong it is. There wasn't much else going on in this episode but it was still good.

Willow's Tara
2nd June 2010, 1:52 PM
Larvitar's episode kinda good and not too bad.

While this episode was kinda boring, and I am not really a big fan of Happiny really. I guess it's kinda cute but beyond that this episode wasn't really much of interest.

When Brock said They make me so... angry, I couldn't help but to think well they aren't supposed to help you. And does Ash and co really think that TR is just gonna give back what they stole because they ask them?

If that was me I would have gotten Staravia to grab Happiny while bursting that balloon with a thunder/razor leave attack not letting TR even have the chance.

saar
9th July 2010, 2:17 PM
That episode was pretty surprising. I thought it will be a boring filler but it wasn't.
Happiny's power was unknown until I saw it doing those thing..

Lance The Champ
30th November 2010, 4:29 PM
I don't know how Happiny can lift boulders 20 times heavier than itself

G50
27th April 2011, 11:13 AM
This episode was ok... It was cool to see Brock's egg hatch into a Happiny. Happiny is so cute and strong! Wow! Happiny is extremely strong to be able to lift and throw heavy things. It was cool to see Brock know about and make an Oval Stone himself for Happiny.

30/100

*futachimaru*
17th September 2011, 6:22 PM
Happiny is so adorable! my fav bit was when jessie was offering loads of round white stones, and happiny rejected them all (and even stuck her tounge out at them)

OnceUponATime
19th December 2011, 5:40 AM
This episode was really good. I liked it. I liked Jessie's backstory, Happiny's strength, and such. The one thing that ticked me off was that Happiny barely ever appeared throughout the course of DP and when it finally evolved in like the second to last episode, we only saw it like once. I wish Happiny could have evolved sooner so we could have seen Brock's Chansey more than just once.

Edit: Get over your pity party Nurse Joy

Dawn and Piplup
4th March 2012, 6:13 PM
Happiny was so cute. I liked the sad nurse joy bit.
My fav bit was happiny playing with pikachu.

Caseydia
20th April 2012, 7:30 PM
Another attack of an egg looking Pokemon. But this time it's a cute one.
I like Happiny's personality. It seems like it likes to help out alot which is good after just being born. Not a Pokemon I would consider for Brock but it was still a good episode.

Lorde
24th November 2014, 11:35 PM
I liked seeing Ash and friend riding bikes at Cycling Road, and wow, that Pokemon Center that they found was an utter mess. I thought it was funny how Dawn almost discovered Team Rocket hiding in the storage room, and then seeing Jessie, Meowth and Wobbuffet making funny faces to entertain Happiny was so quirky of them.

Painkiller2001
15th December 2014, 5:10 AM
Never thought I would see that flashback to when Jessie went to that med school where she met that one Chansey ever again. :)