PDA

View Full Version : A note on "Scams"

Mello
24th June 2007, 9:58 AM
I receive a lot of PMs regarding somebody getting their Pokemon "scammed" off them. I thought that I should make a point of it here.

Firstly, there's NOTHING anyone can do to get you your Pokemon back. Also, there's no way to get "proof" that you were genuinely scammed, so we can't actually kick these people either. Another thing is, the best way to prevent scams is to be careful.

In Pokemon games, there is no such thing as a one way trade. It's always ONE FOR ONE. After both people put their Pokemon down, you get a choice of accepting the trade or not, before the trading happens. Therefore, you have a choice of if you're going to accept or not. If you don't want to get scammed, don't trade with anyone you don't trust. Do not accept two for one deals, accept trades for Pokemon that are extremely likely of being unlegit (Shiny Events, Arceus, Darkrai, Shaymin etc) and only trade with people you trust.

After it's gone, it's gone, the only way you can get it back is by asking them for it, and I'm pretty sure that there's a 99% chance that they won't give it back. Kicking isn't going to do a thing. Be careful about what you trade ;).

facetious
24th June 2007, 10:44 AM
Nobody stupid enough to fall for these scams bothers to read these threads anyway.

Delete it.

Willow's Tara
24th June 2007, 10:48 AM
hmm, I thought there is a way, when you select a party, aren't you able to check the other person party as well to make sure you are getting what you want? Like if someone tries to trade a Shiny Turtwig for a Shiny Charmander, it would be obivous if the Charmander wasn't there or even shiny

pika_power
24th June 2007, 12:54 PM
Can you check the stats though?

Ho-oh Master
24th June 2007, 5:47 PM
Yes you can check the stats. You can look at the Summary of the Pokemon before trading.

Sharpedo Boy
24th June 2007, 6:03 PM
Oh yes! Im not falling for that ploy.

Cipher Admin Xaos
24th June 2007, 6:55 PM
Yeah. I was going to trade this one guy a Turtwig for a Diagla (he said his friend gave it to him and he didn't want it) and I checked it's info. It had a blank nature, was found Jan 0, 2000, and had Palkia's signature attack, Spacial Rend. I laughed and said no cause I thought it would eff up mah game.

Chris
24th June 2007, 7:16 PM
Nobody stupid enough to fall for these scams bothers to read these threads anyway.

Delete it.
Other way around, Jay. People stupid enough to fall for the scams don't bother to read these. :P

Auraninja
24th June 2007, 11:14 PM
Yeah. I was going to trade this one guy a Turtwig for a Diagla (he said his friend gave it to him and he didn't want it) and I checked it's info. It had a blank nature, was found Jan 0, 2000, and had Palkia's signature attack, Spacial Rend. I laughed and said no cause I thought it would eff up mah game.
In that as well as any case, you probably should make sure that the trade is equal on both sides. I believe that would help out a lot.

facetious
25th June 2007, 7:25 AM
Well you understood what I meant, Chris.

This thread is pointless in any case. You're being too optimistic if you truly believe that idiots are going to read and heed the advice of a 'POKEMON CHANNEL OPERATOR' in the back of the forums.

Let them experience being scammed for themselves. Who cares if they cry or complain to you? It's their own fault. Heck, I'd probably take advantage of those morons too if I had the console and game.