PDA

View Full Version : Ash's Balls

Pearl's Perap
27th June 2007, 1:33 AM
Innuendo-ish title aside, where does Ash get all his pokéballs from?

He seems to have an infinite supply, we have NEVER seen them go into a pokémart and purchase anything, let alone the pokéballs he uses, usually about 4 or 5 per region. Does he just have a huge supply in his backpack?

The same thing applies to Brock and his supply of full heals and what not, we never see him buy any of them, but then again, we never see him buy ANYTHING he uses...

Post your thoughts on the matter here.

Commando Amando
27th June 2007, 2:03 AM
He probably buys them off screen. It's not like every aspect of his life is caught in the anime.

flyboy1308
27th June 2007, 2:04 AM
Well for one thing, that title wins. Ash's balls come from the Poke'mart, we just never see him go because it's not important. Brock however, has a whole stash of food, a table, and cooking supplies, that he produces on routes and in forests.

Cenzo
27th June 2007, 2:05 AM
Maybe Delia sends him money for them?

Mandi.
27th June 2007, 2:05 AM
Rofl @ the title of this....

Anyways..He just buys them off screen, like a lot of the other stuff in the anime. Plus, its not like he really catches that many Pokemon in the show. o_o

Pearl's Perap
27th June 2007, 2:08 AM
Maybe Delia sends him money for them?

That's another thing, that would be the only source of money as he doesn't win money in battles against trainers, he just earns a friendship with that person.

I know he probably DOES do all this off-episode, but I think it should be incorporated into episodes, even if it's only once a region, there is no saying it would just be an in-out type thing in the shop, there could be conversation, either between the main characters regarding a matter at hand or they could learn more about the surrounding areas from someone who isn't just a random filler character, Joy or Jenny.

Plus, its not like he really catches that many Pokemon in the show. o_o

But he HAS caught quite a few when you add up all the regions, we have not seen him buy a pokéball in his whole time as a trainer.

Scarlet
27th June 2007, 2:09 AM
The problem is how he gets the money to buy them, since often enough he's broke.

-Starly-
27th June 2007, 3:24 AM
Seeing as they stay at Pokémon Centers often, my guess is that the Centers have free Pokéballs for the trainers to use.

Cenzo
27th June 2007, 3:25 AM
Well, maybe at the Veilstone City Department Store we'll see them shop for that stuff.

Whiscash
27th June 2007, 11:42 AM
Come on now, that title is just ASKING for trouble XDD

Actually, the only time I can remember Ash ever going into a Pokémart is way back in Kanto in the Squirtle Squad episode, when he needed a potion for Pikachu...

I agree, though, we SHOULD see him do that. It would provide a good opportunity for character interaction and so on. I've always wondered where they got money from, among other things...Do we assume that they get money for winning battles, like in the games? So many questions...O.o

Cuddles
27th June 2007, 11:49 AM
Guess it's just not important to capture everything they do. Kinda like I
wanna know how they wash their dirty underwear when there's no body of
water nearby and/or town... but that's not important either, according to
the television series ;_;

EternalSmasherSceptile
27th June 2007, 11:57 AM
I bet this is a perv magnet.

Ash carrys his pokeballs on his belt.
It's THAT obvious.

Brock has a huge supply of pokemon medicine, so he never runs out while he's traveling...or he could have a bottomless backpack.

Sird
27th June 2007, 12:08 PM
He Rarely captures pokemon, does he?

scissorX
27th June 2007, 12:10 PM
This title made me LOL, big time.

But yeah, would you honestly want to watch Ash go and buy every Pokéball he has :/

Shiny pokemon lover
27th June 2007, 12:14 PM
They probably go to a Pokemart sometimes but it is not so important to show in the story. We rarely see them train their pokemon either.
I hope we see something else than ordinary pokeballs very soon

Pearl's Perap
27th June 2007, 1:16 PM
He Rarely captures pokemon, does he?

Well, he captures several per region, usually, yet, we never see him actually buy the pokéballs or anything, he just miraculously has them clipped to his belt ready to throw when need be.

ahmad_bulba
27th June 2007, 1:20 PM
Rofl @ the title of this....
O.o....

we hear brock saying "ill go and buy supplies" every now and then..mostly in the hoenn region...as for ash..i guess brock buys his pokeballs for him!

Pearl's Perap
27th June 2007, 1:23 PM
O.o....

we hear brock saying "ill go and buy supplies" every now and then..mostly in the hoenn region...as for ash..i guess brock buys his pokeballs for him!

I never actually thought of it like that, I considered him to be buying the food stuffs and what not, but he mothers the rest of the group enough, so he is no doubt buying other types of supplies for them, also.

Thunderpkmn
27th June 2007, 5:00 PM
All Ash really needs is 6 balls beacuse he rarely catches the pokemon he sees, even if there are a whole lot of them. He wont catch one unless they're in danger or they like him. I think thats y he rarely catches more than 6 pokkemon a season

Jonessodaco.Chris
28th June 2007, 5:22 AM
yah VERY funny title lol... but yah i think they just get a fresh bunch when the season ends... like when ash goes to oaks and brock goes home... i think we just dont see it but prof. Oak gives him some etc.

Pearl's Perap
28th June 2007, 1:34 PM
yah VERY funny title lol... but yah i think they just get a fresh bunch when the season ends... like when ash goes to oaks and brock goes home... i think we just dont see it but prof. Oak gives him some etc.

That is probably the case, moreso than the Brock buying supplies, I just wish they would show these things, though they are only minor, it would only take a second for him to go 'Here's some new pokéballs' but instead, they just...don't, leaving the topic open for question.

octoboy
28th June 2007, 4:39 PM
He probably buys them off screen. It's not like every aspect of his life is caught in the anime.

What he said. I'm sure they just really stock up offscreen whenever they get to a city.

I used to think it was weird they never portrayed bathrooms XD That was before I realized all the "child innocence" these guys were trying to retain.

dman_dustin
29th June 2007, 9:58 AM
The problem is how he gets the money to buy them, since often enough he's broke.

actually Jessie and James ae the constant broke people of the show (after all spending money on machines)

Guess it's just not important to capture everything they do. Kinda like I
wanna know how they wash their dirty underwear when there's no body of
water nearby and/or town... but that's not important either, according to
the television series ;_;

Sometimes I think they must smell so bad, but I guess they wash their clothes when they sleep at a Pokemon center

Prio
29th June 2007, 10:14 AM
Well, he captures several per region, usually, yet, we never see him actually buy the pokéballs or anything, he just miraculously has them clipped to his belt ready to throw when need be.

All of his Pokemon followed him.

EternalSmasherSceptile
29th June 2007, 10:19 AM
Hey, how do you think Ash knows which pokeball houses which pokemon?
They all seem to look the same, unless he marks each of them with a special sticker or something.

Sir Devious
29th June 2007, 12:44 PM
I don't think Ash ever goes to the bathroom either. I mean, if they don't show it, it must NEVER EVER happen... EVER!!! He probably never changes his clothes or makes sure they are clean, either. Wow he probably DOES go to the bathroom, just he does it in his never washed clothes while he is walking and no one notices.[/sarcasm]

He probably has like 10 or something stalked up in his bag when he starts his travels. His mom probably packs it. She always makes sure he has clean undies.

octoboy
29th June 2007, 5:36 PM
Hey, how do you think Ash knows which pokeball houses which pokemon?
They all seem to look the same, unless he marks each of them with a special sticker or something.

I thought that was strange too. My guess is that he knows which pokemon is in a certain slot in his belt (and some pokemon were captured in special poke-balls like pineco).

Ash probably does (ever seen Open Season's discussion about bushes? XD), but togepi, I don't get. It's always got that shell! I guess togepis are really absorbant or something O_0.

Mythic Mist
29th June 2007, 6:08 PM
I've seen them before. They look so nice and soft and....

OH! POKEballs. Right. Well, does it matter? Nope, not really. Like someone already said, maybe at the Veilstone Department store?

LexSuicune
29th June 2007, 6:29 PM
ROTF @ the title of this thread... this fangirls...

Shadowater
29th June 2007, 6:51 PM
He wont catch one unless they're in danger or they like him.

Big problem with that...

He has seen MANY Pokemon in danger in the Anime, yet he has rarely captured them.

As for where he gets his Pokeballs... Maybe he finds them offscreen, just laying around?

"Hey, let's take this ro-" *trips over a hidden Pokeball*
Those who are traveling with him at the time: "That's the third one this WEEK!"

Lucario rocks
29th June 2007, 10:54 PM
Well, maybe at the Veilstone City Department Store we'll see them shop for that stuff.

If he was goin to the veilstone department how come he didn't go to the celadon, Goldenrod and Lilycove ones then.
__________________________________________________ ______________
Ash must get it off Screen.

Hikari Ex
6th July 2007, 6:52 PM
Come on now, that title is just ASKING for trouble XDD

Actually, the only time I can remember Ash ever going into a Pokémart is way back in Kanto in the Squirtle Squad episode, when he needed a potion for Pikachu...

I agree, though, we SHOULD see him do that. It would provide a good opportunity for character interaction and so on. I've always wondered where they got money from, among other things...Do we assume that they get money for winning battles, like in the games? So many questions...O.o

It was a Super potion
Anime=/=game

Blaperile
7th July 2007, 10:55 AM
It's just a show people be serious please.

Hikari Ex
9th July 2007, 11:31 AM
It's just a show people be serious please.

Potions and super potions are diffrent
Gen 3/4 potions are diffrent to gen 1/2
Just like every Nurse joy is diffrent.

Power of Fire
9th July 2007, 11:34 AM
director bought it for him.......

ash got his pokeballs for the pokemart ........duh

Hikari Ex
9th July 2007, 11:42 AM
director bought it for him.......

ash got his pokeballs for the pokemart ........duh

pkmn anime=/= pkmn world

Power of Fire
9th July 2007, 11:49 AM
pkmn anime=/= pkmn world

ok then i'll stick to the first one

director bought it fior him

Power of Fire
9th July 2007, 11:49 AM
pkmn anime=/= pkmn world

Hikari Ex
9th July 2007, 11:59 AM

There is no director

Power of Fire
9th July 2007, 12:05 PM
i know just being sarcarstic

Hikari Ex
9th July 2007, 12:41 PM
Blood for fire ran out of comebacks
I win the thread!

TogeticTheRuler
9th July 2007, 5:28 PM
Aw no pictures, I guess I`ll just look at Mythic Mist's posts then <_< >_>
They all get the money from the leftover parts of Team Rocket's destroyed machine and then sell them for moolah

n@nd0
9th July 2007, 7:34 PM
he buy them offscreen, I mean, the show won't shows all that ash does

Venusaur Master
9th July 2007, 8:40 PM
Its a pity Ash dosn't use other types of poke balls much

Hikari Ex
10th July 2007, 11:40 AM
he buy them offscreen, I mean, the show won't shows all that ash does

Soemone siad that alreadly