PDA

View Full Version : Does this make anyone else angry?

mangod/pikachu
27th June 2007, 3:54 AM
People who go on and on about how Kanto was the best season of Pokemon ever created. These people have only watched like 1 or 2 episodes from Advanced or Diamond/Pearl and they say the show sucks now. Can't these people get a clue and watch more than one episode? Diamond and Pearl actually isn't that bad.

Griff4815
27th June 2007, 3:57 AM
I think most of them are very nostalgic and/or can't stand change. It was a great season though, but so was Advanced.

CyberCubed
27th June 2007, 3:59 AM
Yeah, but I don't think anyone really pays attention to those people anyway.

While Kanto and Orange were indeed very good seasons, to say that Hoenn, Battle Frontier or D/P are bad seasons is just plain idiocy.

There's also plenty of things the later seasons did better than Kanto, such as Gym battles that are actually finished, more emphasis on the gang's Pokemon personality, and good character development.

That being said I still enjoy Kanto, and it was indeed a wonderful start to the show, but I generally prefer the newer seasons.

once in a blue Mew
27th June 2007, 4:00 AM
People who go on and on about how Kanto was the best season of Pokemon ever created. These people have only watched like 1 or 2 episodes from Advanced or Diamond/Pearl and they say the show sucks now. Can't these people get a clue and watch more than one episode? Diamond and Pearl actually isn't that bad.

Yes, this does make me very angry. I think May was one of the worst females on the show. Dawn's pretty good... aside from the crappy VA.

I think most of them are very nostalgic and/or can't stand change. It was a great season though, but so was Advanced.

Meh. I think Advanced was pretty boring... Battle and Challenge were good though. So was Battle Frontier and D/P.

Pearl's Perap
27th June 2007, 5:17 AM
I think the show has gotten better and better each season, to be perfectly honest, granted, the original seasons are good for nostalgia and what not, but there was never very much development back then and frankly, Ash was annoying, whereas now he has matured and there is more development than ever. Plus, changing the formation of the group every region or so is also quite good in my opinion, makes for improvement and even more development...

Griff4815
27th June 2007, 5:47 AM
Meh. I think Advanced was pretty boring... Battle and Challenge were good though. So was Battle Frontier and D/P.[/FONT]

By "advanced" I meant to include battle, and challenge, as well as frontier.

Goldmoon
27th June 2007, 7:06 AM
I'll admit that I do prefer the original season, but that's only because of nostalgia. I do like the newer seasons, but Ash is... different. I kinda miss the old, annoying Ash! Still, I'm really enjoying D/P so far.

Surreal
27th June 2007, 9:46 AM
Man, I hate people like that. Kanto and Orange Islands were awsome, but as CyberCubed said, Hoenn, BF, and Diamond & Pearl are awsome too. Infact, Diamond&Pearl is my favorite season yet.

ElementEevee
27th June 2007, 9:58 AM
It gets me fustrated also. They just watch a few episodes and critcize the whole show. I seem to like this D/P, but I kind of missed Advance. Anyway you can't judge a book by it's cover...that's what I say. I think Ash has gotten quite smarter throughout the seasons.

Legendary Raikou
27th June 2007, 10:33 AM
Well to me, D/P hasn't realy been as good as the other generations but I still enjoy every second of it!

Cuddles
27th June 2007, 11:18 AM
You can never beat nostalgia. I say, respect the old, embrace the new.
It's just that, I can't feel the connection I had for the original trio for these
new characters being introduced. I feel old. I kind of stopped watching
PokeMon avidly when May&Max were brought in.

Shiny pokemon lover
27th June 2007, 12:31 PM
Well, I will say that each season is good. And finally Ash evolves his pokemon!
But it is sad that Ash only catch five new pokemon in each region now.

Jonouchi
27th June 2007, 1:51 PM
My guess is because Misty isn't the main character anymore. =P

Everyone who hates those seasons added that Misty is better than the new girl.

Korobooshi Kojiro
27th June 2007, 2:04 PM
It's more the fact that people don't seem to judge by episode, but by Season. As in every episode post Kanto sucks regardless.

But like others, I enjoyed Kanto (mostly for the crazy fillers it had). I just don't see why people treat it like a masterpiece.

Hunter_RuLe
27th June 2007, 3:13 PM
Kanto still is the best season imo, I can watch those episodes again and again without them gettin' really boring. Episodes were unique back than and of course all the nostalgic feelings add to the love for this first season.

However the Advanced series were of great quality too. The writers add a lot of new exciting things and personality development was back after does boring Johto days. This serie made my watch Pokemon again, and it deserves to get respect for that. I'll always be open minded to new things.

Cenzo
28th June 2007, 3:23 AM
I like Kanto best, but I can appreciate the other seasons too. I was meh on AG, but I'm loving D/P!

Rex Kamex
28th June 2007, 3:30 AM

I get annoyed by that, but I also get annoyed when people go on and on about how AG and D/P are awesome and some people think that Kanto had no good in itself. (Many think the same thing about Johto, and the Orange Islands can get left in the dust. O_O)

I personally thought that each of at least the first 50 to 60 or so episodes of the Kanto arc were very unique compared to certain ones in the newer seasons (CERTAIN ONES, DANG IT). One example is the Kanghaskan episode where the character of the day (Tommy) thought he was a Kanghaskan and his parents were looking for him. I also liked the way the Grimer episode was done, because it also involved things like Magnemite having a "crush" on Pikachu. "The Bridge Bike Gang" was a cool way to show Cycling Road. Also, Kanto was when the side characters did a lot more (although Brock seems to be getting better in D/P).

BUT...

I like how AG and D/P show Ash train his Pokemon more, and even though I'm not a fan of gym episodes where we have a whole episode about a gym leader and then we have another one with the actual battle (not that I don't want to get to know the gym leader and have Ash and co. be friends with him or her, but it was interesting to find that Ash wasn't getting along that well with Koga and Lt. Surge at first), at least it allows more time for a better battle. Hopefully. Also, AG and D/P gave us a girl heroine to co-star with Ash (although I'm still not happy with Dawn being another coordinator- man, how many times have I said that?), which is what I think the show needed since you can actually play as a girl in the games now.

Aaaaaaaaaaand there are other things too. But basically, even though nostalgia is a reason that most people like to watch the Kanto episodes, I don't think it's the only reason. (For certain people.)

Wait a minute, Hunter_RuLe said some of these things already.

martianman40
28th June 2007, 3:41 AM
I also loved kanto, but didn't like the advanced generation as much. d/p looks to be good when it hits Australian shores.

Sushi Bunny
28th June 2007, 7:03 AM
Well I don't think that it's nostagia that makes me like Kanto the most, I like it cause it has some of my favorite moments in the anime and great characters, and yes one of the reasons is Misty, but Misty's in Orange Islands and Johto and they weren't one of my favorite seasons. But I must say I'm really liking Diamond and Pearl a lot too!

But to answer the original question, no it doesn't make me angry when people like Kanto better, and I'm sure some people have seen more then one episode and still don't like it.

Hyourinmaru
28th June 2007, 8:25 AM
Yes, those people annoy me. But I've learnt to ignore them. It makes everyone happy :D

EternalSmasherSceptile
28th June 2007, 9:09 AM

Like me.
I love the advanced generation much, much more than any other season there is, and will be.
*cough*

Power of Fire
28th June 2007, 11:35 AM
i just watch to hear what /how the pokemon say their name

Rex Kamex
29th June 2007, 12:05 AM
I have noticed that there can be lots of people that complain to people who don't like AG and D/P, but when people say that Kanto was awful, the others don't really care...

flamer101
29th June 2007, 12:07 AM
yeah but i ant stand the new voices of almost every character....

Power of Fire
29th June 2007, 12:43 PM
yeah but i ant stand the new voices of almost every character....

what there cool it makes ash sounds more mature and an adult :D (omg ash has gone through PUBERTY!!!!)

besides what could get worse they would've had some dude with a really deep voice playing as ash *shudders*

Sir Devious
29th June 2007, 12:51 PM
Those people are stupid and I just say, "STFU N00B!!!11one" and walk away. Kanto/ Orange Islands were my favorite seasons... but Advance - Diamond and Pearl were VERY awesome. That's what kept me going as a Pokemon Fan. They will continue to have awesome episodes/ seasons... and people will hate. Just tell them to quit being a n00b and STHU... =] =]

Prio
29th June 2007, 9:46 PM
Well it is the best season. But the Battle Frontier was the worst season. D/P isn't horrible but it isn't necessarily good either, kinda like Naruto.

Desert Flower
30th June 2007, 7:13 AM
I get more annoyed by people who keep whining about the new voices, especially when they had just finished switching dubbing companies. I suppose they expected them to be perfect right away. They've gotten better since then, just as I knew they would, so I don't think there's anything to complain about.

I'm fairly happy with DP so far. The fillers aren't as routine anymore, and the inevitable daily battles with Team Rocket consist of more than just two hits and a Thunderbolt. And I'm glad they're focusing on Brock a little more now. I was getting tired of him blending into the scenery, only to emerge now and then to flirt with the girl of the day. I just hope Croagunk and Sudowoodo don't end up like Mudkip and Lombre, just popping out now and then to fire an attack, then immediately disappear. Anyway, I've digressed quite a bit. To sum it up, I like this season just as much as the first, because both have their pros and cons.

Metal Bird
30th June 2007, 7:36 AM
I still think season 1 (as well as seasons 2-5) were the best.