PDA

View Full Version : What's so good about Croagunk?

Endoplasmic Reticulum
28th June 2007, 4:17 AM
When Croagunk first was caught in the Japan series people was a thread saying "Croagunk, the best pokemon ever?". And people were saying "ZOMG, Croagunk has the best personality," or "Croagunk is so funny".

But in my personal oppinion he's just annoying and stupid. All he does is sits around and goes "Croa, Croa, Croa, Croa." With no expression what's so ever and his cheeks swell. And when he attacks he makes this annoying screetchy "Croagunk" sound.

Personally, what's so good about Croagunk and why were people saying he was the best pokemon ever?

S.Suikun
28th June 2007, 5:16 AM
Well, part of what made him so great was his creepy Japanese grunt, and while the dub voice is still decent, it doesn't have the same effect. The same goes for his "keh" cackle. There are other reasons, though. One is obvious - the massive pain he inflicts upon Brock. It's infinitely more entertaining than watching Misty or Max drag him away by the ear. The other are the little details, like being impervious to attacks (like Seviper's Bite), completely not caring about anything, prodding mushrooms for no real reason, his overall daunting and collected nature, and
a potential rivalry with Buizel

Agree with the above or not, he's still the best thing to happen to Brock in ages.

Reign G
28th June 2007, 5:35 AM
Agreed, S.Suikun, agreed.

Yes, the reason Croagunk is so widely liked is because he inflicts mass amounts of pain to Brock's absomen area whenever he flirts, much better than the ear pull. And, of course, the look...It's like. "...Wait, why do I care?" even when Seviper bites down on it's head.

Brock flirting is actually, thanks to Croagunk, the most enjoyable part of any episode, IMO.

ShinyManafi
28th June 2007, 8:38 AM
Croagunk's personality rules. Almost everything it does is awesome, Poison Jabbing, sitting there doing nothing,.

-Starly-
28th June 2007, 8:56 AM
Considering its obliviousness to everyone else, makes you wonder if Croagunk will even be phazed when they get to Pastoria (Statue of Croagunk in the the PokéMart anyone?)

Metal Bird
28th June 2007, 9:10 AM
I think he's a cool Pokemon.

Drkecho
28th June 2007, 9:19 AM
Cause hes got that attitude of being a loner. And how could you not love the Japenese one with "mmmmmmmm.....mmmmmm.....mmmm....mmmmmmmm....mmmmm"

Hyourinmaru
28th June 2007, 9:23 AM
I swear, it's like we're going through October again here on the boards...

And Greggle pwns, plain and simple. Not much else for me to say, as S.Suikun has summed Greggle's pwnsome-ness up already.

scizor08
28th June 2007, 10:16 AM
Croagunk's weird but pretty funny and cool..

Pearl's Perap
28th June 2007, 1:36 PM
The thing is, the things Croagunk does, which is actually very little, make it such an excellent pokémon. It's not all..in your face..like Piplup or Pikachu, it just sits around and initiates a poison jab here and there, which is comical on it's own, without Croagunk's persona.

Yeah, I'm another firm fan of the 'gunk, I knew I would be from seeing and hearing about it when it first came into the episodes on TV Toyko.

munchlaxboy
28th June 2007, 1:40 PM
I just love Croagunk for some reason. He inflicts pain on Brock, like most people said, takes him awhile to do something, and most say cheeks ae creepy, but I think that's the best part of him!

Korobooshi Kojiro
28th June 2007, 1:57 PM
He's actually become extremely popular in Japan and's been appearing on tons of Pokemon things along with some of the more cuter DP dudes.

I like the species as well, it's rather fun to use.

Arbok
28th June 2007, 2:03 PM
Yeah, he's just cool, I can't wait to see him in the episodes :D

Shell
28th June 2007, 2:06 PM
In my opinion, Croagunk is a cool Pokemon

Hunter_RuLe
28th June 2007, 2:33 PM
Croagunk is so populair because he is different to the regular main cast pokemon. He is unique and was a funny personality aswell, a great add to Brock's team.

Pacman
28th June 2007, 3:40 PM
It is, cool.

Anzua2
29th June 2007, 5:57 AM
Saying Croagunk isn't cool is like saying Carnivine isn't cool, or Drkecho's sig isn't awesome.

n@nd0
29th June 2007, 6:36 AM
he's just a repalcement of may and misty

HoennMaster
29th June 2007, 10:59 PM
Well, part of what made him so great was his creepy Japanese grunt, and while the dub voice is still decent, it doesn't have the same effect. The same goes for his "keh" cackle. There are other reasons, though. One is obvious - the massive pain he inflicts upon Brock. It's infinitely more entertaining than watching Misty or Max drag him away by the ear. The other are the little details, like being impervious to attacks (like Seviper's Bite), completely not caring about anything, prodding mushrooms for no real reason, his overall daunting and collected nature, and
a potential rivalry with Buizel

Agree with the above or not, he's still the best thing to happen to Brock in ages.

That pretty much describes it right there. Croagunk is one of the best pokémon Brock has ever gotten.

scissorX
30th June 2007, 12:21 AM
S.Suikun pretty much summed it up but yeah. He puts no effort into anything and quite frankly doesn't care.

But the fact he acts so uncaring, yet has this incredible love for Brock is brilliant. For once Brock has a comical Pokémon with a good personality, infact a personality different to any Pokémon we've seen yet.

Croagunk is the best (excluding Staravia).

Desert Flower
30th June 2007, 6:56 AM
I find it very amusing, and a refreshing break from all the overly perky pokes the others carry around. It has to stare at anything for five minutes before it decides to do something about it.

CyberCubed
30th June 2007, 6:57 AM
Croagunk is the best pokemon Brock ever had, although that may not be saying much since most of Brock's Pokemon never do anything and never had much of a personality.

Still, Croagunk is definitely full of personality and awesome.

Power of Fire
30th June 2007, 6:59 AM
it can stop brock form flirting by using poison jab

pkmnfreak75
30th June 2007, 6:06 PM
You wouldnt belive it, but crogunk actually adds humor to the show, after all, crogunk the same as max and misty, exxcept it's(or he) is doin it the hard way. my sibling thinks thats very funny(no, for my safety,I am not going to tell you if its older or younger, and dont guess either)

LexSuicune
30th June 2007, 6:11 PM
Creepy glare + perv nature = Coolness

CabbyFish
30th June 2007, 6:21 PM
The best thing about Croagunk...

He's Brock's chapron.

grasswhistle
4th July 2007, 10:16 AM
the moment i saw croagunk when he was first revealed as one of the new sinnoh pokemon i loved him and wanted to catch one. so when diamon and pearl came out in the US i raised one into a really strong toxicroak but i agree, i really dont like him too much in the anime. he has his moments where he is okay but he isnt that great

Knight_Ram
4th July 2007, 1:21 PM
Croagunk is one of the best Pokémon Brock has had during the whole time Brock has been on the show, and it also saves the money for a new character to keep Brock away from the women he falls in love with from Croagunk's Poison Jab attack.

I love Croagunk! He is so calm and must have a story behind him why he and Brock seem to get along so well. A good mystery that I would love to be solved.

Shift
4th July 2007, 3:47 PM
Croagunk comes from a respectable line of comic relievers that enter the show quite suddenly and quickly make a name for themselves. First it was Psyduck, then Wobbuffet, and now Croagunk.

!!!Serebii Lover!!!
4th July 2007, 11:57 PM
In my opinion I think nothing just like you do!

Captain Brain
5th July 2007, 3:36 AM
My favorite part about Croagunk is that he took on TR single handedly and made their departure one of the few times they "ran" off instead of "blasting" off.

P.S. 700th post (took me long enough). ;025;

fate
5th July 2007, 5:07 AM
His expression is what's so good about Croagunk. :)

Sir Devious
5th July 2007, 10:17 AM
He is awesome. I love how he just kinda left to own Team Rocket and they were hella scared of him. Then he comes back and Brock never knew he left. He just sits there, "Croa, Croa, Croa..." it's kreepy. [[With a K]] I love it, though.