PDA

View Full Version : Great Balls and Ultra Balls

~-Overheat-~
28th June 2007, 4:33 AM
It's about time the Anime had Great Balls and Ultra Balls instead of cruddy old Pokeballs.

EternalSmasherSceptile
28th June 2007, 4:35 AM
Anime =/= games.
Pokeballs probably have the same capture power as great, or ultra balls.

Hater_of_Legendaries
28th June 2007, 5:02 AM
I was pretty sure Misty used a great ball to capture her Corsola.

Kento Murasaki
28th June 2007, 5:06 AM
I was pretty sure Misty used a great ball to capture her Corsola.

That's a Lure Ball she used.

scizor08
28th June 2007, 9:19 AM
It's a Lure Ball that they used for Corsola and Totodile. Fast Ball for Pineco..

Power of Fire
28th June 2007, 10:29 AM
ash used a great ball for totodile.................... i'm sure of it ultra balls and master balls are not seeen in the anime because

1/4 of the game is = ti the anime while the 1/3 is =/= to the anime

Pearl's Perap
28th June 2007, 11:44 AM
We have seen items BASED on master balls, I know that much, I remember a hot spring episode in late Johto where they had a beach ball with a master ball design.

Also, didn't a Whiscash EAT a master ball in Hoenn?

Lonewulf
28th June 2007, 1:36 PM
We have seen items BASED on master balls, I know that much, I remember a hot spring episode in late Johto where they had a beach ball with a master ball design.

Also, didn't a Whiscash EAT a master ball in Hoenn?

Yes Whiscahsh did.

Totodile was caught in a Lure ball.

Pokemon 4 Ever had that awesome DARK Ball. I wish they had those in the games...

Legendary Raikou
29th June 2007, 4:49 AM
ash used a great ball for totodile.................... i'm sure of it ultra balls and master balls are not seeen in the anime because

Na Ash used a Lure ball to get Totodile.

Power of Fire
29th June 2007, 11:38 AM
hold on if ash used a lure ball, then how come he was holding a great ball in the third movie in the beginning when battling lisa?????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????

Sir Devious
29th June 2007, 11:56 AM
Ash wont ever be like, "My Pokeball failed... so now Im going to use an Ultra Ball!!" Nah that wont happen. Mabie the occasional different type... like Misty's Lure ball, but not Ultra balls and such. That would get to technical. YES I know there was a Master ball but that was a COMPLETELY different situation.

Arbok
29th June 2007, 11:58 AM
Luxury & Repeat Balls were used in the Jirachi movie.

Sir Devious
29th June 2007, 12:12 PM
Luxury & Repeat Balls were used in the Jirachi movie.

Yes, but those aren't Pokeballs that are just labeled as "A stronger ball than Pokeball". They are stronger in certain situations. I think that Great balls MAY be used... but NEVER ultra.

Winged_Psychic
29th June 2007, 1:00 PM
Ash and co are probably too cheap to afford great and ultra balls.

Arbok
29th June 2007, 5:43 PM
Yes, but those aren't Pokeballs that are just labeled as "A stronger ball than Pokeball". They are stronger in certain situations. I think that Great balls MAY be used... but NEVER ultra.

Well, they're at least much cooler. Lure ball isn't stronger too.

ChaosMage
30th June 2007, 11:57 AM
Brock has Great Balls

Lil Brother
1st July 2007, 9:42 PM
Brock has Great BallsXD

Erm, I suppose it's way too late now to introduce Great and Ultra Balls. The anime writers have always seemed content just using Poké Balls.

Blaperile
3rd July 2007, 5:42 PM
You're right. I wonder when they are going to use Great balls and Ultra balls.

Shiny pokemon lover
5th July 2007, 10:52 AM
Never for Ash and Co I guess. The other balls are probably to expensive.
And the Master Ball also is to good.

pika_power
5th July 2007, 12:08 PM
Well in the first movie what were they? Snag balls?

water master16
5th July 2007, 6:48 PM
I guess that the writers just seem to like regular pokeballs best. Yes they had lure balls for totodile and corsola, and Brock apparently used a fast ball to catch pineco (missed that episode) they had repeat balls and luxary balls in one of the movies. I think it was the lucario movie, and I don't exactly remember Brock ever having great balls before, and the dark balls in movie 4 with celebi. It probably doesn't count with the kid in the 4th movie and his "pokeballs" where he turns the front to open it! I laughed when I saw that.

Blaziryu
5th July 2007, 9:36 PM
The writers won't make Ash use Great Balls or Ultra Balls. They're trying to make him look like a good PKMN catcher by catching strong with just a Poke Ball which has the lowest catching rate.

flyboy1308
5th July 2007, 10:12 PM
With the Capsule on them, Pokeballs look like Masterballs.

El D
5th July 2007, 10:53 PM
As far as I see Masterballs were in it, great balls might've and no Ultra as of yet.

Hikari Ex
6th July 2007, 5:39 PM

In episode 18 misty had a master ball beach ball.

Hikari Ex
6th July 2007, 5:42 PM
Well in the first movie what were they? Snag balls?

snag ball may be able to trainer pokemon but didn't mewtwo's balls catch the pokeball too?